• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 1,935 Views, 50 Comments

Tomber Amoureux - FluffyPinks



This story takes place in Ponyville, with Twilight and Pinkie. They both have trouble with their feelings for each other so they go to their friends Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy for help. They also bake cupcakes while Pinkie tries to impress Twilight.

  • ...
8
 50
 1,935

7: Rumor Has It

Tomber Amoureux

Rumor Has It

~~~~~

Twilight and Pinkie woke to the sound of hooves touching the cool glass floors as well as murmuring and mumbling.

Knock, knock, knock

"Twilight, darling can we come in?" more murmurs and mumbling ensued.

"Uh, sure." the lavender mare responded to who she assumed was Rarity. She was correct after seeing her friends Rarity, AJ, Fluttershy and Rainbow trot slowly in. Rainbow came in with newspaper in mouth and carefully closed the door behind her.

"Now why didn't y'all tell us anythin'?" Applejack asked with a very pained expression.

"Tell you what?" Pinkie asked, curious to why her friends had stormed into the castle.

"Tell ush 'bout dish." Rainbow said, paper still in mouth but now she was pointing to a particularly large picture on the front page. It showed two ponies, kissing fervently. Once Twilight and Pinkie figured out who those two ponies were, they panicked. Twilight nearly fell out of the bed and Pinkie smiled very nervously, her eyes darting about the room.

"Where did you get that picture?" Twilight asked, as she got more and more anxious.

"It was in the newspaper this morning so naturally all of us were pretty flustered and we started to wonder why you had told the whole town when we, your closest friends had no idea." Rarity responded, remembering waking up and seeing the paper. She thought that this was how they were coming out as a couple even though the title: Princess of Friendship Taking It Further? had not bothered her at the time.

"We were going to tell all of you today, but it seems somepony had been spying on us. But you're not at all disgusted by us?" Twilight asked, worried about all of their opinions. Before they could answer, Twilight quickly took hold of the Newspaper to see who had taken that photo. Featherweight. Pinkie and I will have to make a quick visit to him to see why he had taken a picture of such a personal thing.

"Now why ever would you think that, sugarcube?" The orange mare cleared her throat as she replied; taken aback that Twilight would ever think that her friends would judge her for who she is.

"We were worried that you wouldn't want to be our friends anymore if we told you." Pinkie replied suddenly, still happy that nopony had yelled at them or ran away, scared of how they are marefriends.

"Darling, the only reason we are upset is because the news of you two came out before any of us knew. Speaking of which, how long have you and Twilight been dating?" Rarity asked, always itching for gossip about any romantic couples.

"Only a few weeks." Pinkie responded, saying it as though it is practically no time at all. The rest of her friends gasped, they all thought Twilight and Pinkie had only been together for a few days. Twilight scratched the back of her neck out of nervously.

"Well... we were very worried about what all of you would think but now the whole town knows about us..." Twilight said, knowing there were more than a few ponies who wouldn't accept their relationship.

"Whatever happens, we will always be here for help." A quite voice said from the back of the room. Everypony turned to face the voice, and recognized the cream-colored pony as the ever so quiet Fluttershy.

"Aw! Thanks Flutters!" Pinkie pounced on Fluttershy and gave her a huge hug.

"If anypony has anything bad to say about us, I sure feel a lot better with you girls here to support us." Twilight said with a small smile as they all joined in for a group hug.

~~~~~

The citizens of Ponyville all whispered and pointed as Pinkie bounced past with Twilight following quickly behind, as she lowered her head in shame. Pinkie stopped abruptly and Twilight bumped into her. She tilted Twilight's head up so she could meet her sympathetic gaze.

"Don't let those silly fillies get the best of you, Twi." Pinkie whispered, hoping that Twilight would take her advice, and just be proud of who she was. The lavender mare nodded slowly so Pinkie continued bouncing along the dirt path of the market and Twilight continued following, this time her eyes looked straight ahead, not at the ground. A few short minutes later, they stopped once again; only this time they had reached their destination. Ahead of them was a very small and old cottage that looked like it was barely standing up, some of the stone was chipped and it had vines growing along the sides. The only way they knew somepony was living there is there was a small chimney with small puffs of smoke trailing out.

Knock, knock, crunch!

Twilight's hoof went straight through the door on the third knock. Well this seems familiar. Twilight thought, remembering the time that she figured out she had been a terrible pony to all of her friends in Canterlot.

"Coming!" called a very frail voice. She opened the door slowly, as though she was dreading something but after she saw the faces at the door, she quickly closed it.

"Nopony is home, come back tomorrow!" called the pony again, only this time there was a small amount of strength to her voice.

"Excuse me, miss? We don't think it's right that your son, um Featherweight, is invading our personal and private life." Twilight said, hoping that she would talk to her son about snooping about other ponies' personal business.

"Well I don't think that it's right that you are living in a castle while me and my son have to work for hours for one measly bit!" Featherweight's mother began to sound furious, she knew how the royalty worked. If they get to live with butlers in giant crystal castles, then surely they shouldn't mind if lower class ponies like ourselves tried to make their lives a little less grand.

"I'm not exactly sure if you understand-"

"I understand completely well, thank you. I would very much appreciate if you get your nose out of my business and I might do the same! I would also appreciate it if you flew off and went about your day!" the pony inside screamed with anger at Twilight and Pinkie.

"Maybe we should just leave it be Pinkie, I don't think that Featherweight's mom is in a very good mood." Twilight said, not happy that she was given zero hospitality, when all she wanted was to have a civil talk about privacy.

"If you say so..." Pinkie had nearly growled at the mare inside the house for talking to Twilight like that, but right now Twilight seemed very uncomfortable. They trotted slowly back to the castle but Pinkie had lost the bounce in her step, still thinking about what that pony had said to Twilight. But Pinkie couldn't focus on that. She only had three months to find a way to earn bits, for two different reasons now, and she needed all the time she could get.

Author's Note:

I wonder what Pinkie is saving up for? You'll have to wait and see but I'm very excited about writing more and I'm planning on making this a pretty long story. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, feel free to tell me if you see any mistakes.
~FluffyPinks