• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 1,937 Views, 50 Comments

Tomber Amoureux - FluffyPinks



This story takes place in Ponyville, with Twilight and Pinkie. They both have trouble with their feelings for each other so they go to their friends Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy for help. They also bake cupcakes while Pinkie tries to impress Twilight.

  • ...
8
 50
 1,937

6: The News

Tomber Amoureux

The News

~~~~~

Twilight shivered as she felt the covers being torn off of her already freezing body.

"Just five more minutes..." Twilight mumbled to nopony in particular as she turned to the other side of her bed.

"Come on silly filly! I have a surprise for you!" the pink pony squealed with enthusiasm.
The lavender mare sighed in defeat and slowly began to roll out of her extravagant bed. As soon as she was ready, a pair of soft pink hooves carefully placed a blindfold around Twilight's eyes, and onto Pinkie's back. Twilight nuzzled the nape of the pink mare's neck, causing Pinkie to stop for a few seconds. Pinkie trotted on, humming a soft upbeat tune to herself as they neared their destination. Twilight felt her hooves touch the stable dirt and the blindfold was slowly removed from her eyes as she looked out on the beautiful view before her.

"Where...how did you find this place?" Twilight asked breathlessly, stumbling to find words.
She looked around once more, recognizing it as the Whitetail Woods; only she had never been to this particular part of the forest before.

"Well, I just come here to think sometimes. I call it my thinking spot, but then I started to think: why couldn't it be our thinking spot?" Pinkie explained, hoping the lavender mare would like it.

"You're amazing, Pinkie." Twilight said softly as she hugged the mare next to her.

"Thanks, Twi. But enough of all that sappy stuff, let's have some fun!" Pinkie shouted as she broke away from the hug and jumped into the small pond behind her, causing Twilight to get absolutely soaked. Twilight chuckled and jumped in after the bubblegum-pink mare. They swam around and splashed each other for hours, had a picnic and jumped right back in the pond. They both knew this would be one of their favorite spots to visit, and they could not wait to come back next week. As the sun began to set, they stopped splashing for a few moments and stared straight into each other's eyes. Twilight noticed the kindness and compassion in her companions eyes and Pinkie recognized the trust and support in Twilight's. After one more moment of silence, Twilight finally spoke.

"I love you, Pinkie."

"I love you too, Twi." That said they both began to lean in for a sloppy kiss to end their perfect day together.
Once the sound of rustling leaves finally broke them apart, they went back to the castle to get a good night's sleep.

~~~~~

Featherweight stumbled into a bush, breathing heavily.

"How in all of Equestria, could you lose a foal?!?! A foal?! Come on, we need him to write a story or we will end up with no bits on the streets of Phillydelphia!" The burly stallion roared, spitting furiously. He ranted on as he walked further and further away from the foal he was searching for. Featherweight breathed a sigh of relief as he slowly and carefully got out of the bush he was hiding in. Featherweight had been working for the stallion for a while; he had to in order to save his mom from poverty. His dad left while he was a small foal and his mom didn't have a job.

Featherweight worked as a photographer for Ponyville's newspaper, but he hadn't gotten a headliner in weeks and he was starting to get desperate for bits. As he looked around him, he recognized he had ran straight into the Whitetail Woods, so he decided to look around for stories, anything interesting. A few hours into his search, he heard voices and laughter. He wanted to investigate so he started to follow the voices that seemed very familiar. As he finally reached the source of the laughter, he saw two mare's splashing each other and giggling. He swiftly jumped into a bush next to him and watched what they were doing. Those two mares, I know them. Hey, that's Princess Twilight and Pinkie Pie! What in Equestria are they doing here? As he watched more and more he began to notice that Twilight and Pinkie seemed to have something more than friendship. I'll call it: Princess of Friendship Taking It Further? This has got to make the front page! I just need proof... All of the sudden the Woods were completely silent. Featherweight stumbled for his camera and quickly removed the flash. Pinkie and Twilight were starting to move closer and Featherweight silently focused in on the two mares as they embraced with a loving and sloppy kiss. Featherweight took the picture, but his heart dropped as he thought of the possibilities of what could happen to them. But then he thought of his mother and the burly stallion that would only get more persistent so he made his decision. He stumbled out of the bushes clumsily, and watched them break apart. Nothing that bad can happen, right?

Author's Note:

Hiya everypony! This was a troubling chapter to write, and I'm worried too much is going on at once. I tried to get this chapter out very quick, and I hope you like it. Sorry for leaving you guys with a cliffhanger, though. I'm also so sorry that this chapter was so short. Let me know if you see any grammar mistakes.
~FluffyPinks