• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 1,935 Views, 50 Comments

Tomber Amoureux - FluffyPinks



This story takes place in Ponyville, with Twilight and Pinkie. They both have trouble with their feelings for each other so they go to their friends Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy for help. They also bake cupcakes while Pinkie tries to impress Twilight.

  • ...
8
 50
 1,935

4: Confession Cake Catastrophe

Tomber Amoureux

Confession Cake Catastrophe

~~~~~

Twilight hastily galloped to the door, and yelled at Spike to go to bed before the guest arrives, just as she hears a knock on her castle door. Knock, knock, knock!

"Coming!" Twilight called out in a hurry, feeling very flustered. She opened the door and saw Pinkie, as beautiful as ever. She gazed into her cyan eyes, peered at the basket on her head and began to giggle. The pink mare smiled in response, blushing furiously.

"H-Hi Pinkie! I was wondering if you wanted to come in. Spike made us dinner, maybe we could have the cupcakes for desert?" Twilight suggested, not wanting to fill up on sweets before the actual meal.

"Okie Dokie Lokie! So when are we eating?" Pinkie asked, her stomach suddenly growling as loud as a wolf.

"I guess we could eat right now." Twilight said, hoping she could finally tell Pinkie her feelings after they dine. They trotted slowly to the dining room, their hoofsteps echoing loudly off the cavernous castle walls. "The weather's really nice. I guess the weather ponies decided to cancel that storm, I'm glad they did or we couldn't have hung out earlier. I probably would have known if I talked to Rainbow, but I haven't really seen her in a while. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of the girls in a while." Twilight said, trying to strike a conversation and giving Pinkie a small smile.

"Yeah! That would have been a doozy! I actually talked to Dashie this morning, it was nice seeing her again." Pinkie said to Twilight, thinking back to their conversation.

"Oh? What did you two talk about" Twilight asked, curious to what Rainbow had been doing.

"Stuff." Pinkie replied automatically, worried Twilight would somehow know what she and Rainbow were talking about.

"Stuff? What kinds of stuff?" Twilight questioned, starting to get suspicious.

"Oh you know the usual, pranking and that kind of stuff. Oh hey look it's the dining room! Remember when you were so tired you fell asleep on your pancakes?" Pinkie giggled, quickly changing the topic. Twilight blushed, remembering that specific occasion.

"Yeah, I remember. So I have daffodil sandwiches for dinner, I mean it's not the fancy dinner you might have wanted..." Twilight said, suddenly worried that she asked Spike to make such a casual dinner.

"It's perfect!" Pinkie said with her pearly white smile as they both took a seat at the table to eat.

~~~~~

Twilight scarfed down her daffodil sandwich, making Pinkie giggle at such a un-princessy thing to do. Twilight quickly levitated a napkin to her mouth, wiping off crumbs of the daffodil sandwich that hadn't made it into her mouth. Pinkie ate her daffodil sandwich too but finished after Twilight, she was using table manners.

"Do you want to eat the cupcakes now?" Pinkie asked eagerly, ready to take the basket off her head.

"Sure Pinkie." Twilight replied, who was also eager to eat their creations. Pinkie unstrapped the basket from her head and took out two cupcakes; one for her and one for Twilight. Pinkie handed the cupcake to her and took a bite out of the one she was holding, savoring the taste.

"It's swooo gwood." Pinkie said, crumbs raining down on the once spotless floor. Twilight also took a taste, careful not to scarf it down as she did with the daffodil sandwich.

"Mmmm. You're right Pinkie." Twilight said happily, she had finally made something (with the help of Pinkie) that actually tasted good. Pinkie quickly grabbed another cupcake only this time she touched the frosting with her hoof, and poked Twilight on the nose.

"Boop." Pinkie said, falling into a fit of giggles.

"It. Is. On." Twilight said, once again finding herself amidst a frosting war.

~~~~~

After the very messy Frosting Fight of Fillies, they both fell over in a pink and purple pile of laughter.

"This will never get old." Pinkie proclaimed, sitting up quickly only to find her muzzle against a cute purple nose. They could each other's hot breath on their fur, and Pinkie began to lean in...

"Pinkie! What are you doing?" cried out a very furious looking Mrs. Cake. The two fillies were having so much fun; they didn't hear that somepony else had walked in the castle. "I come in to check on you, and you're about to be kissed by a fillyfooler? I'm sorry I didn't notice deary, I'll be sure to warn you about these trouble making fillies if this happens again." Mrs. Cake said to her daughter in disgust, shooting an icy glare at Twilight. Twilight's ears drooped and she lowered her head.

"I'm so sorry Pinkie." Twilight said revealing her face, streaked with tears. She was about to gallop out of the dining room when Mrs. Cake abruptly stopped her.

"You stay here." Mrs. Cake said with a voice as hard as stone. "Pinkie, whatever could have egged this on? Why in Equestria would you associate yourself with a fillyfooler?" She asked, softening her voice. When she looked over to her daughter, her hair was deflated and she had tears streaming down her face.

"It's my fault, not Twi's!" Pinkie cried out.

"I don't tolerate this kind of behavior. If you truly are a fillyfooler, you are not welcome at SugarCube Corner anymore, and you are definitely no daughter of mine." Mrs. Cake said harshly.

"But I'll have nowhere to go!" Pinkie said desperately.

"Are you truly a fillyfooler?" Mrs. Cake asked, hoping she could change her daughter.

"N-No." Pinkie mumbled, lying through her teeth, sobbing.

"Then come home with me, and we will talk about wiser decisions when you feel better." Mrs. Cake said, taking Pinkie. As they trotted away Pinkie quickly glanced back, and regretted it immediately. She saw Twilight on the floor, curled up and looking ever so alone. Pinkie had to fix this.

She just had to.

Author's Note:

Writing this chapter was so hard. It's hard to imagine Mrs. Cake being a homophobe, and even harder to imagine her being so mean. I hoped you liked the chapter, and I look forward to writing more chapters. -FluffyPinks