• Published 23rd Aug 2016
  • 2,779 Views, 45 Comments

Prince Solaris Marries Arceus - Metroid Prime



After dating for a while, Prince Solaris decides to go though the Proccess of the Conjux Ritus in order make Arceus his Consort.

  • ...
7
 45
 2,779

Act of Disclosure A.K.A. Our Faults

Arceus sat on a cloud overlooking Lumiose City. The light that emanated from the Prism Tower gave it a lively appearance.

It was decided that the place where the next act should take place was in her world seeing as the last act was done on Solaris’s universe. Not to mention that the atmosphere of Lumiose would help things go along considering how this act in particular was a touchy one.

Arceus off all beings knew that everyone makes mistakes, some more than others, and some that affect others. As one who has lived so long, she had made her fair share of missteps and poor decisions, and Solaris knew this too.

Nevertheless, mistakes help people in a way that they learn something. Those who make the wrong choice have the better understanding and experience than those who didn't.

To not do something can be a simple task, but only those who sinned know just how bad the consequences are.

"Life is a fickle thing, isn't it?" she asked out loud.

"It sure is" a voice responded.

The Pokemon turned to see Solaris standing behind her, a portal just closing behind him.

"But that's what makes it so interesting."

The divine Llama smiled at her fiance, "Is it stereotypical to assume you rehearsed your 'confession'?"

Solaris tilted his head to the side, "Well since I am confessing to 'God', I felt the need to rehearse a little"

Arceus chuckled at his joke.

"Well, let's get started"


Some time earlier, Solaris’s room

"I assumed you rehearsed your confession, brother?"

Solaris adjusted his crown in the mirror before answering Artemis.

"It's not really a confession. It's more of a disclosure of our mistakes or sins."

"Is that not a confession then?"

"Details, details. Either way, the purpose of this act is to tell each other something that would otherwise put us in a lesser light, it is a sign of humility and showing that we are not-"

"Perfect."

"....Yes."

"...Mind telling me what 'mistake' you are going to tell her?"

Solaris looked closer at the look on Artemis's face, a thought crossing his mind as to what he was implying.

"Why?"

"Cause," The Lunar alicorn's frown immediately turned into a devious smile. "It would be nice to know the my high and mighty brother is not perfect."

Solaris gave his brother a look before giving a smile of his own.

"I never said I was."


"Would you like to go first?" Arceus asked.

"...Well I don't see why not"

Solaris closed his eyes and took a deep breath, reminiscing on the events that he was about to tell.

"When you live for 1,200 years you see a lot of places, meet a lot of people and do numerous things. Much more than the average person."

Solaris's horn glowed as something poofed into existence.

"I know I have."

Arceus looked in curiosity as Solaris twirled in his a magic grip: a gold ring.

Etched inside said ring was the name.

"Whose ring does that belong to?" Arceus asked, although she could guess what he was about to say.

"Her name was Aria, and this was the engagment ring I was going to give her."

"Oh, I see"

"After I banished my brother, another mistake I regret, I was terribly lonely. I cared about nothing else and could only feel anger at my ungrateful subjects who shunned my brother in favor of 'worshipping' me. Out of spite I sought out the ones who were the most vocal against Artemis before his exile and punished them in a way I thought was appropriate.

Solaris's face turned into one of self disgust as he recounted just what he had done.

"Since I felt like I lost everything, I would respond in kind. I took away their land and their belongings, making them as poor as the urchins who begged in the streets"

Arceus's face began to reflect her emotions, empathy.

"And not just the nobles, but also the middle class. I would send a message that I am not just some benevolent ruler that they wanted, I could be just as cruel and dark as they had made out my brother to be. But even after that my rage still had not subsided, I still could not forgive the world."

Solaris pulled the ring closer to him.

"Then she came along."

The alicorn then remembered a tune that had been long forgotten by the world.

"During one of my day courts a mare came in, she requested that she play a song for me, out of curiosity or boredom I let her do it...and the voice that came out of her was absolutely beautiful. For the first time in a long time I felt at peace, the soothing song that she played made me happy, I wished it would never stop."

"Ah, I guessed you did something about that?"

"Indeed, I made her my Royal Orchestrator, and one of her primary duties was to sing for me whenever I required, the fact that she was a pretty mare was an added bonus."

Solaris smiled as he began to recount the good times.

"From there we only became closer, a few fleeting glances at times, some innocuous flirting, and eventually our lips met at one night. After that we started seeing each other, from dates to dinners our relationship only blossomed from there, we were in love, a love that filled the gap that had been left by my brother's banishment. The future looked bright for both of us."

Arceus could only coon at the cute love story that Solaris relayed, but soon remembered why they were here.

"...However something happened."

"What?"

"War. For the longest time, the Zebra Empire had viewed our Kingdom with envy and greed, and the King wanted the our land and our abundance, that fact that an Alicorn protected Equestria did not dissuade him."

Solaris closed his eyes as he remembered the screams of his subjects dying at the hands of soldiers.

"They burned down villages and killed civilians, King Kof said that he would erase Equestria from the history books, that only the Zebra rule and ideology would remain. As ruler of Equestria it was my duty to lead my people, but before I could Aria made me promise her something."

"What was it?"

"That when I fight them, that I would not become them."

"...Did you keep your promise?"

"...When I got to the Zebra capital, because they would not stop attacking us unless I took the battle to them, I blazed my way to the palace of King Kof, leaving a pile of burning bodies in my wake. When I confronted Kof in his Throne room he begged me for mercy, he looked so pitiful and pathetic. Do you know what I did?"

Arceus felt a little hesitant to answer, but asked anyway.

"I turned his entire body inside out."

The Pokemon nearly gasped.

"After what he had done, the things he said and the things he had done to my Kingdom and my subjects, I felt no mercy for that monster, and felt that he should die in the most painful way possible, I also burned down his palace to add salt to the wound. After I got home, I was still covered in the blood and soot of my enemies, I cleaned myself quickly...but Aria must have heard something about what happened, because she shrank in fear when I saw her again. She demanded to know exactly what I did. The look on her face was a pleading one, I felt that if I gave her an answer that she did not like, she would never look at me the same way again, and because I didn't want to lose her...I lied."

A tear fell down Solaris's face.

“A few days later I found a letter in my room, it was from her. S-she," Solaris's voice began to break. "She wrote down that she knew how I killed King Kof, she said that she would have forgiven me for breaking my promise to her, but she could not forgive the fact that I lied to her, because it showed that I did not not trust her enough to tell her the truth."

More tears fell came.

"I looked for her for decades, but I never saw her again."

Solaris buried his face in the cloud.

"I messed up Arcee, I was too afraid to lose someone I loved again. I now I have a second chance with you, and I can't lose you too."

Solaris perked up as he felt something wrap around him, opening his eyes he saw Arceus hugging him.

"You won't lose me, I promise that."

"But what if I make a mistake, what if I mess up with you like I did with Aria?"

"You won't mess up, you are not who you were back then. And even if you do, I will forgive you."

"How many times?"

"As many as it takes, and so long as you forgive others."

Solaris wiped the tears off his face, and gave a genuine smile.

"Now I believe you have humbled yourself enough, let me tell you of my faults."

Solaris composed himself, and listened as Arceus began to tell her story.

"The main reason why I chose not to identify myself as a god, and to not receive the gift of immortality, is because I do not want nor need to rule or be worshiped. Yes I created this planet and the Pokemon who live in it, but when the humans came along, I decided that I would trust them to rule themselves and to prosper on their own, instead I would be a protector and occasionally an advisor. One of the first regions they settled on was one made in my image, a land called Ransei."

An image appeared before them, it displayed a landmass that indeed looked like the Alpha Pokemon.

"The region was divided up into 18 kingdoms, one for each of the elemental types. And one day I sought to test humanity to see if it was ready for glory, so I began a legend that whoever untied the 18 kingdoms by way of conquest, I would bring about my return to the world and that the hero would bring forth a golden age for mankind."

"Heh, I suppose someone fulfilled the legend?"

"Yes, his name was Hentai, and he was a indeed the hero man deserved."

The image of Ransei changed to include many lights, each representing the light of mankind's cities.

"In addition to discoveries of new magic and new technology, a population boom began that lasted for decades, which only helped to expand Ransei's growing empire. This would have spread around the world, had something not been found."

"What did they find?"

A bright blue light appeared in the center of the image of Ransei.

"At the time, they were called breaches, doors to other worlds. Palkia later identified them as simply portals to another universe, and even ones far removed from our multiverse. At the time Hentai's son Genji was the new ruler of Ransei, and he saw this as a way to spread mankind's fortunes to other worlds, eventually he began to send colonists to settle on these other worlds."

The image of Ransei zoomed out to show Earth, several lines spread out from it and went to other Earth like planets that resided in other universal streams.

"For a while the colonization effort was successful, and mankind thrived in these new worlds, however.."

The image zoomed into Ransei again, but this time a red light came the mountainous region in the middle of its peninsula.

"As with any sapient species who can think for themselves, humans will have their own selfish desires"

The image zoomed in again to show a man in armor sitting on a dragon like throne.

"I didn't say this before, but during Hentai's quest to fulfill the legend, he was opposed by a man named Nobunaga, the ruler of the dragon kingdom of Dragnor. But eventually he saw the error of his ways when he was defeated in battle, to be fair though the reasons he tried to stop the legend were sympathetic, and was a good man at heart, his son however was a different story."

The imaged changed to show a growing darkness from within one of the interdimensional colonies of Ransei.

"His son Riyu, only cared about the expansion and growth of mankind's power, not caring if a world was inhabited or not. He only saw the colonization efforts as a way to spread his ideology of man being a superior race. So he secretly sent agents to some of the colonies to slowly but subtlety influence its people and leaders to create weapons of war and artifacts of power."

The darkness began to fester on the other colonies, becoming more apparent.

"But, evil could not hide forever, some caught onto the conspiracy that Riyu was perpetrating and reported it to Genji who confronted the ruler of Dragnor. But Riyu was prepared for this, as he had secretly gained the alliance of the other rulers who shared his ideals, they all broke away from the Alliance of Kingdoms in a war of secession."

Ransei's image now was dotted with miniature explosions and faint cries of war.

"The civil war of Ransei lasted for 4 years, but was one of the most bloody in the history of Earth. The repercussions themselves where massive, several kingdoms ceased to exist by the end of the conflict, royal bloodlines were ended, science and discoveries were lost to history, and finally the breaches that lead to the colony worlds were forever closed due to the instability of time and space caused by the siege of Illusio."


The smoke then cleared to show Ransei charred and burned, only a few obvious settlements being visible.

"The end of the war effectively marked the end of man's golden age and with the many recourses of the region depleted, the survivors of the war left to settle in the other regions of the world in order to start over. Ransei was a shadow of its former self."

As Arceus took a moment to reflect on the ancient memories she had just relayed to her love, Solaris was taking to time to process what he just heard. Not many countries back home had experienced a golden age, but none ended the way he had just seen. To think that all that potential was wasted away because of the actions of one man.

"What is the state of Ransei today?"

Arceus gave a small smile as the image of the region changed one last to time to show Ransei in a better state.

"Of the total population of people living in the region today, it is only a twelfth of what its peak was, with five settlements(two of which are cities) and the main method of transportation being railroad, it is the least advanced region in a world where space travel is a thing."

"I see, so...what exactly was the mistake you made?"

"...My mistake, I believed in trying to give man something they were not ready to have. I tried to advance them faster than they needed to be. In the end I had inadvertently set them back centuries when I intended to advance them by millennia, and because of my mistakes, many lives were taken, and many more lost to the cosmos"

"So you blame yourself for what happened, even though it was a human who ruined everything?"

"I blame myself because that one interference in the lives of man nearly destroy them, especially when I told myself I would leave their fate to by decided by them. That is why ever since I have not appeared to them in any way shape or form, always watching over them, protecting them from threats they will never know."

Arceus let out a little chuckle.

"Its funny you know. In recent years there have been more world threatening events caused by humans then there were at the time of Ransei, any logical deity would have just stepped in and ruled their people with an iron fist."

Arceus look Solaris in his eyes.

"But not me, some gods may not trust or like humans, and some may even forsake them out of hate, but I still have faith in them, they are destined for great things, that I will personally see to."

This time, is was Arceus who found herself the victim of a warm hug.

"I guess, you're at peace with it then? Your mistake?"

"..Yes, I made peace with it and myself a long time ago."

"Oh yeah, when?"

Arceus then pushed her lips onto the alicorn's.

"When I met you."

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long, busy playing Pokémon Moon.

Plus there was also my new job.

And Titanfall 2.

And Shiny Hunting..

And Battlefield 1...

Help me.