• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 742 Views, 22 Comments

Tavi Tales - VitalSpark

  • ...
3
 22
 742

Tavi Goes to the Library

Octavia slung her saddlebags over her back and slipped a copy of Phrygian Dominant Scales and What They Should Mean to You into the bag. She trotted off to the Golden Oak Library to return it.

Rounding the corner, she spotted the librarian on a balcony near the top of the library, peering through a telescope. No doubt studying the stars, though why she'd do that in broad daylight was a mystery.

Suddenly the librarian leapt from the balcony, cradling what appeared to be a brown ball of feathers and the library exploded behind her. Half-burnt books scattered the ground, and loose leaves of paper danced and twisted in the light breeze. The ball of feathers turned into an owl and flew away. And the librarian just disappeared.

She heard a distant rumbling sound and looked in that direction to see flashing lights on the horizon, followed by an enormous and colourful explosion. Moments later the sound and shock wave of the explosion swept her off her hooves and she fell to the ground. "What was that?" she asked out loud, pulling herself back up.

She watched as a further series of smaller explosions and lights played out in the distance, interspersed by purple streaks through the sky. Soon there was another enormous explosion. This time Octavia knew to brace herself for the shock, and managed to remain standing as it swept over her.

Then everything was quiet.

Octavia looked around at the burnt remains of the library surrounding her, her jaw hanging open.

"Awesome!" she said. "Now I can keep the book!"