• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 742 Views, 22 Comments

Tavi Tales - VitalSpark

  • ...
3
 22
 742

Tavi and Lyra Meet for Coffee Yet Again

"Sorry I'm late, Lyra," said Octavia, arriving at the café, pushing her cello case, "my train was delayed, and I had to come straight here from the station."

"Don't worry," answered the minty green unicorn, draining her cup, "I started without you."

Octavia pushed her cello case to the corner where it wouldn't get in anypony's way. "OK, I'll go get the drinks. Your usual?"

Lyra shook her head. "Could you get me a latté with an extra shot?"

Octavia shrugged and trotted to the counter, returning a couple of minutes later bearing a tray containing two cups of coffee and two blueberry muffins. She set it down on the table and took a seat.

"Oooh! Muffins!" squealed Lyra, and helped herself to one.

"So, you don't usually drink coffee," said Octavia.

Lyra groaned. "Bonny was up until 4 am, making candy. I couldn't get to sleep."

Octavia took a cautious sip of her drink. "Is candy-making really that loud?"

"No," moaned Lyra, "it's that smell of burnt sugar. I've had to leave all the doors and windows open today when I came here."

"What if somepony breaks in though?" asked Octavia with a look of concern.

Lyra shrugged. "Why would they need to break in if the doors are all open?"

Octavia buried her face in her hooves. Lyra could be dumb sometimes. "You know what I meant."

"Oh, it's OK. The house isn't empty. Bonny's there."

Octavia was confused. She took a sip of her coffee. "But isn't she at the shop today? Isn't that why she was making candy?"

"She felt really unwell, so she called in sick. Twist is covering for her," explained Lyra.

"Oh, poor Bonny."

Lyra sipped her coffee. "Don't 'poor Bonny' her — it's her own fault. She shouldn't have stayed up from 4 am to 8 am eating all that candy!"

Octavia didn't know what to say.

Lyra looked at her blankly. "So have you had time to think about that sex?"