• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 2,051 Views, 164 Comments

A shooting nightmare: The tables have rotated - The Psychopath



Crescent wants to deal with her own nightmares and decides to cast a spell to send her back to Equestria, but Mathews won't let her. Stuck with a new body and old one, the two meet creatures never before seen by pony-kind in millenia.

  • ...
5
 164
 2,051

New armor

"It's 'fairies', druiadem," Venethix sighed.

"Oh. Right. Fairies."

Crescent and Mathews both looked at them in utter confusion while the breezies fluttered around them.

"'Fariries'? I only know of one other person who spoke like that. I wonder if both worlds don't have counterparts..." Crescent tapped her chin.

"Counterparts? Hardly lakly. Aye think ya moyt know sumfin' ya di'nt tell me," the druiadem raised an eyebrow.

"Well, we--"

"Came from ehnother world 'n ya leyrned how tae come back 'ere but ya messed up yer trajectorey. Am ey royt?"

"How--"

"Ay'm joking. Yeh really think an accent is onley 'n one place? Yeh tany ponies 're royt daft."

The druiadem moved away from a wooden table lining the wall and came back with a large bag of gray linen in one hand and gave it to Venethix. "These're the diapers you'll be needin'."

"We have beths back in theh village. Yeh'll be ayble teh clean yourselves," Venethix added.

"Now yeh cayn go. Shoo." The druidaem brushed his fingers towards the alicorn.

"What? But there are so many unanswered questions! How is it you two seem like the exact replica of the old man and his wife in the forest where I...we come from? Just because the Blood Moon is a combination of forbidden elements doesn't mean it's completely dangerous."

The druiadem rolled his eyes in irritation. He turned away from the ranting pony and lift his arm into the air. Crescent stopped talking and looked at his arm for a moment while confusion overtook her thoughts. When she was about to continue, the Nebwezar punched the side of the tree with the side of his hand and before the visitors knew it, they were back within the village, breezies included.

"Wha..." Crescent was slack jawed.

"Heeheehee! He used old magics to teleport us all here!" the tiny pale breezy giggled.

Crescent regained herself and shook her head violently. "Get out of my mane!"

"Nope!"

Venethix brushed some dust off her wool and picked a few breezies out of them and tossed them onto Mathews.

"Ey think yeh should teach yey're little poney teh walk first behfore yeh teach 'im teh fly. Now come with meh. It's dark out. Yey're armor should be ready."

Crescent tried shooing a few breezies off her face. The moment she managed to see, she realized it was already night time and the other Nebwezar were already in their homes. She couldn't believe it. "But...we were only in there for a few minutes!"

"We know magic that yeh're koynd all forgot." Venethix gave Crescent a little grin then gestured for her to follow.

"So we're just going to go with some sort of convenient 'plot device' that skipped us forward in time so we don't need to deal with everything? I thought we were supposed to be presented to the other...things in this village." Mathews sighed while two breezies pulled on the sides of his face to force a smile.

"Since it's so dark out, yeh're gon' tay go ta the forger ta see yer armor."

"He couldn't have finished it that fast!" Crescent exclaimed.

Venethix simply grabbed Crescent and heaved her over her shoulder before charging towards the blacksmith's forge...again. Mathews realized that these giants had no sense of 'personal space' nor how to greet strangers. They might intend well, but their methods were rather crude. Venethix seemed excited to show off the smithing talents of her kind to them so much she was actually sprinting towards Querthix's forge. The breezies were clinging onto Crescent's mane as well as they could manage.

Within minutes the group had reached the forge, its fires long since quieted and the smoke no longer pouring out of the chimney. Querthix was standing in front of his workplace and waiting for the ponies with a very patient stance and emotionless face, with what little of it one could see. Venethix dropped Crescent and the bag of diapers onto the floor in front of the blacksmith. He lift an 'eyebrow' when he saw the breezies all panting and huffing in exhaustion.

"Royt. Aye got yehr ehrmor ready."

The blacksmith stepped to the side and crossed his arms while he waited. Crescent used her magic to get the breezies off her and place Mathews on the ground near Venethix. It was rather stunning. The armor she had known since she became Nightmare Moon was completely reforged. No longer did it feel like a piece of history with arcane magic and enchantments. It was completely reborn, just like she was. She hesitated a moment, but reached out to her armor and started to put it on.

The helmet no longer rounded her head. It still had the hole for her horn, but now the side plates curved backwards once they reached the bottom line of her eyes and extended onto her neck like vines. They were even reforged to look like olive vines. They joined a multi-scaled length of armor which stretched backwards and acted similar to ring armor in its flexibility. It still stretched over nose bridge and over her muzzle, although now it stretched to her upper lips, leaving her lower jaw unprotected. The armor plating on her legs now covered the whole member, and they stopped into a fleur-de-lis shape when reaching the body, but this was only towards the front. The hind legs' armor did the same thing, although they stretched over the flanks and showed a white moon covering a crescent, white sun with short lines drawn around that single slice to show the light it was emitting.

Her chest armor now fully covered her front and part of her side torso and breast and went down towards the leg pieces as though it were an extension of the vines 'growing' on her legs. They connected perfectly. Along the edges of all the pieces of armor was a bright, white line that dimmed as it went further in by just a few centimeters. The lines glowed softly indicating that they were definitely pieces of an enchantment.

"What are these?" Crescent asked.

"They ehr the enchantment. Purposely thinned out of theh metal tay have that glow. It embodies theh whole off theh armor."

Crescent's eyes widened. "You enchanted the whole armor?!" She was in utter disbelief and at a loss for words.

"No."

She calmed down.

"The enchantment was made during the melting process. It is mixed with the metal."

Querthix said this so casually that Crescent was at a complete loss for words. No one had ever managed such a feat before. The enchantments were extremely powerful, too. Just what were these things that they had such impossibly advanced techniques of metal forging and magic enchantments.

"Come, tiny pony. Weh'll get some food," Venethix suggested.

"But I--"

"Ey weyll not reveal how ey did these things to yehr armor," Querthix interrupted sternly.

Crescent turned towards him with a curious expression. "But I didn't say--"

"It wes obviousleh by yeh're previous reehctions to mehy work that this is what yeh were going teh ask."

"..."

"Aye made this armor as aye was curious to theh techniques off theh tainy, ancient ponies. Yeh're techniques weh're pathetic. Aye assume yeh got better forgers now."

"I guess..."

"Consider it eh gift. No chehrge."

"Thank...you..."

"TO THEH FOODS!" Venethix roared.

She rushed off with Crescent in tow, leaving Mathews, the fae-breezies, and the diapers behind. Querthix watched the two dash off and gave a slight huff of amusement. He was about to take his arm protections off when he heard a soft whine. Looking down, he saw a tiny foal on the ground extending a hoof towards the two in slow desperation while the breezies just looked at him with saddened and concerned expressions. Loud rumbles filled Mathews' ears, although he didn't know the origin of them. Looking around, he finally saw that it was the Nebwezar blacksmith who had knelt towards him and was watching from a 'closer' above.

"Dunnae know how teh walk, teeny tiny poney?"