• Published 13th May 2012
  • 2,994 Views, 160 Comments

Vacation - iloveyouderpy



Twilight and her friends are over worked, so they decide to take a vacation to the beach.

  • ...
2
 160
 2,994

It's a Special Kind of Punch

"Balloons? Check!" Pinkie Pie said. In her hooves as a check list of things she had to have done before the party started. In front of her were a set of two types of balloons, a orange one with apples on them and another with rainbow designs. Pinkie smiled and moved over to a long buffet table, which was covered in different kinds of food such as salads, cupcakes, an apple pie, and a large chocolate cake that had "Iron Pony" written in icing. "Food? Check! Drinks?" She looked at the buffet table and saw that there were no beverages of any sort.

"Oh no, I forgot the drinks." Pinkie started panicking. "What am I gonna do? Can't have a party without drinks." Pinkie Pie began picturing the party without punch or cider. Ponies were coughing dryly, some crawling on the sand begging for beverages. Pinkie Pie saw a skeleton of a pony, leaning against the buffet table, covered in sand and crabs.

Pinkie Pie shook her head, bring her back into reality with a scream. "Gummy!" The party pony spoke, loudly. Gummy was buried in sand, except for his eyes and the tip of his snout, giving a blank, emotionless stare. "I need you to keep an eye on the party, while I go out and get some punch." Gummy blinked. "Thanks Gummy." Pinkie Pie took off to the road and galloped north.

----------------------

Twilight was on the cove, which was on the other side of the beach. The entire shore seemed to be walled up by miniature rocky mountains. The lavender unicorn was looking into a shallow hole, filled with water. In the shallow water, Twilight could see a sea anemone and a white starfish.

Twilight's horn was glowing a light purple and levitating in front of her was a quill, a thing of ink, and parchment paper. As she studied the organisms in the small shallow pool, the quill would jot down her thoughts onto the parchment.

Up in the air a gray pegasus, with a chain of bubbles cutie mark and yellow walleyes, was calling out out to Twilight. But Twilight couldn't hear the pegasus. The pegasus called Twilight's name even louder, but still her attempt was futile. A seagull started flying up in the walleyed pony's face, squawking loudly as if behind defensive. "Get away." The pony was waving her hooves around, trying to shoo away the white bird. The gull squawked and began pecking it's yellow beak at the pegasus's light yellow maned head. "Ouch!"

The pegasus smacked the bird away and the bird came right back over to start pecking the poor pony. That bird was joined by three others. She was outmatched and began flying randomly through the air. The gulls chased her through the sky, squawking madly. Twilight paid no attention to the strange event that was taking place just above her.

The gray walleyed pegasus came crashing down on top of Twilight. The gulls came down, much more smoothly and began pecking the two down ponies. "Ouch!" The two said. Twilight's horn began to glow and a giant cloud of feathers covered the scene. Once all the feathers were down on the ground the walleyed pegasus saw that the gulls, just before they flew away, were bald. The pegasus giggled and then got up off the sandy ground.

"What in Equestria was that about?" Twilight said, she turned her head and looked at the walleyed pegasus. "Derpy?"

"Hey Twilight," Derpy said giving an adorable smile.

"What are you doing here in Silverwing?" Twilight asked, very surprised to see her Ponyville friend here.

"Hmm..." The grey pegasus said, putting a hoof under her chin. "You know that is a good question. Why am I here?"

"You mean, you don't know why you're here?"

"I guess." Derpy Hooves said.

"Any particular reason you're here at the cove?"

"Oh yeah!" Derpy said. She reached into her saddlebag, which was logo'd with a muffin, and pulled out an invitation. Derpy handed the invite to Twilight and the lavender unicorn read it.

Iron Pony After Party
Join me and all your friends in the Iron Pony After Party as we celebrate
the winner of the competition between Rainbow Dash and Applejack.
There will be free food and drinks, games, and cake.

Location: Silverwing Beach
Time: 6:30 PM

-Pinkie Pie

"Thank you Derpy." Twilight said, handing the invitation back to the walleyed.

"Aren't you gonna keep it?" Derpy said.

"No, just tell Pinkie I'll be there."

"Okie Doki!" Derpy took off into the sky and flew towards the beach.

-------------------------------

Pinkie Pie was quickly wondering through the isles in the super market, looking for punch mix. Just up one of the isles Pinkie Pie saw an employee. She dashed towards him and quickly asked him where she could find punch mix.

"Oh, just follow me miss." The employee said. He wore a white apron and on the apron was a name tag. Pinkie followed the worker two isles down and towards the center. "There you go mam." He said. Pinkie Pie read his name tag. Grassy Field

"Thank you, Grassy." Pinkie Pie said and began looking through the many types and brands of mixes. Tropical fruit punch, original fruit punch, banana and strawberry blend punch. They all looked good. There was a very strange named punch mix. "Alcoholic?" Pinkie Pie said, questionably. She picked up the bag of mix and looked at the front. On the front there was a magenta pony with a strawberry and grape cutie mark. The pony held up a wineglass that was filled with the punch.

"Grassy," Pinkie Pie called. Grassy Fields turned around and looked at Pinkie.

"Yes, madam." Grassy said.

"What's alcoholic punch?"

"Umm...It's a special kind of punch."

"Special!" The pink earth pony shouted in joy and excitement. Pinkie took three to four bags of the alcoholic punch mix and rushed over to the checkout counter. Grassy met Pinkie Pie there at counter.

"So, are you having a party tonight?" The employee asked the excited pink pony.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Pinkie Pie asked in surprise.

"A lucky guess. That'll be twelve bits."

"Wow that's expensive." Pinkie said as she paid the stallion.

"Have a good day, mam." Grassy Field said as he handed her the plastic bag with the bags of mix.

"Thanks." Pinkie pranced out of the store with the plastic bag in her smiling mouth.

-----------------------------

That evening everypony had arrived to the party, many of whom were complete strangers. Twilight was over by the punch bowl, drinking down a cup of punch. It had that after taste that one would find nasty. Twilight grabbed another cup, not understanding why after not liking the first cup. She chugged down that cup quickly. "Pinkie." Twilight yelled over the loud music, which was being played by the famous Vinyl Scratch.

Pinkie turned to Twilight. "Yes, Twilight?"

"There's something...different about this punch." Twilight said, grabbing another cupful of the punch. Why am I so hooked on this. Everything seemed to be spinning, yet it didn't make her sick.

"Oh that's because it's special punch." Pinkie Pie said with a smile on her face.

"Special punch?"

Pinkie Pie went back to dancing. Twilight chugged down the cup. Spike came up next to Twilight. "Great party, huh." Spike said. He reached to grab a cup of punch, but Twilight smacked his hand with her hoof. "Ouch, what was that for?"

"Don't drink the punch." Twilight said.

"Why?" Spike said but Twilight grabbed another cup and walked away. "I wonder why she doesn't want me to drink the punch. It can't be that bad." Spike grabbed a cup and slurped it down. He instantly began feeling tipsy. "Whoa." Spike said, rocking his body back and forth. He grabbed another cup and went to look for Rarity.

Not long after did Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy began hanging out by the buffet table, next to the punch bowl. They each grabbed a cup of the special punch and just drank and chatted.

"You girls really did a good job." Fluttershy said. The yellow pegasus took a sip of the punch.

"Thanks, Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash said and she took a sip of her punch.

"Hey guys," Applejack said, looking into her punch. "somethin's ain't right with this punch."

"Yeah, there's something weird about it." Rainbow Dash said.

"I feel weird." Fluttershy said and she fell back and passed out. Applejack and Rainbow Dash couldn't help but laugh their flanks off. The two, conscious, friends chugged down the rest of their drinks.

"Hey, wanna write on her face?" Rainbow Dash asked Applejack.

"Darn tootin'" Applejack said. She grabbed a black magic marker from the buffet table and the two friends began their mischievous deed.

-------------------

"Rarity." Spike said. He staggered over to Rarity, who was chatting formally with Octavia. "Rarity, I...I just wanted to..." Spike nearly barfed. "I wanted to tell you, I love you." Spike said drunkenly.

Rarity wasn't listening. "You are... the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I love you Rarity, I love you." Spike grabbed Rarity, lowered her down, and kissed her on the lips. Rarity pushed him off and then swung her hoof at him. Spike went flying and crashed into Trixie.

Trixie got up and began yelling at Spike. Twilight walked drunkenly up to Trixie and began speaking in a very drunk voice. "Hey, Trixie. You have no talent, you are just too self centered to realize that." Twilight spat at Trixie's hoof. "So, buck off." Trixie's mouth was wide open in shock.

"No one speaks to the Great and Powerful Trixie like that." Trixie said

"Oh, put a cork in it." Twilight called back as she walked away.

Trixie's expression went from surprised to angry. The light blue unicorn hurried up to Twilight and was about to through a hoof at her, but Twilight turned around and swung first. The Great and Powerful Trixie went flying backwards and ran into Pinkie Pie, who looked slow and loopy. Pinkie Pie threw up all over Trixie and everypony started laughing. No pony was laughing as hard as Twilight was.

Embarrassed, Trixie galloped away in tears.

Spike was laid out, unconscious, in the sand. Everypony would just step over him.

Pinkie Pie was over in the back, throwing up in a bucket. Every time her body gave her a break from spewing, she would lift up her head and yell out "Whoooo" and then vomit again into the bucket.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash had finished up writing on Fluttershy's face and walked away from her passed out body, laughing.

Vinyl Scratch flipped on a dubstep song. "Ah, hell yeah." Twilight said and she got up on the buffet table to start dancing. She kicked the bowls of chips and plates of cupcakes. The ponies on the dance floor were covered in food. They all started yelling at Twilight, angrily. "Buck you." Twilight shouted as she took another swig of punch.

----------------------

"Ooh, my head." Fluttershy said as she got up off the sandy ground. "What happened?" She looked upon what looked like a natural disaster. Tables flipped over, one of the stereos was on fire, chairs snapped in half, food scattered all over the place. There were two ponies on the other side of the dance floor, who she recognized as Rainbow Dash and Applejack. She walked over to them, with great pain in her head, and shook them both awake.

"Wha...what's goin' on?" Applejack asked, looking at her surroundings.

Rainbow Dash got up off the sand. "What happened here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I don't know." Fluttershy said, her voice more quiet than usual. Applejack looked at Fluttershy and jumped in surprise. "What is it? What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked, getting a little worried.

"Nothing, Sugarcube." Applejack said with a fake smile. "Why don't you go back to the house and take a shower."

Rainbow Dash turned to Fluttershy and had the same reaction as Applejack. "Oh no." Rainbow said.

"Umm, ok." Fluttershy said and she made her way back to the house. Once there she went into the downstairs bathroom and started up the water. She looked in the mirror and was face to face with her face covered in black writing. She shrieked loudly.

On her forehead read "I LIKE FLANK" and on her left cheek read "Animal Lover". There was much more but the rest is way to hurtful and inappropriate to repeat. Fluttershy began to cry.