• Published 13th May 2012
  • 2,994 Views, 160 Comments

Vacation - iloveyouderpy



Twilight and her friends are over worked, so they decide to take a vacation to the beach.

  • ...
2
 160
 2,994

Overworked

BANG!

Spike's morning started off like every other morning. Spike was rudely awakened, from probably the greatest dream he's ever had, due to Twilight making a ton of noise downstairs in the library. He's had enough of all this. He got up out of his basket-bed and marched angrily downstairs.

Books were scattered all over the floor of the library. Twilight was speed reading through a spell book, her hair all messy and her eyes were bloodshot red. Was she up all night? She looked like a wreck. Worry was painted on her face as she quickly finished the book and moved onto another.

The angry expression on Spike's face was replaced with a look of surprise. "Twilight?" The purple baby dragon said. Twilight paid no attention to Spike and continued to read. The lavender pony quickly left the book and moved over to a giant pile of books, which stood tall on the far side of the library. Her horn glowed a light purple and, one by one, the books levitated up to Twilight's face and then tossed away like trash.

"Where is it? Where is it?" Twilight said as she searched the pile.

"Twilight." Spike said much louder. Twilight took notice of her assistant, but before Spike could get another word out she began to speak.

"Oh, thank goodness you're awake. Help me find Advanced Spells of the Modern Day." Spike tried again to speak, but was once again cut off by his friend. "Come on, Spike."

The baby dragon gave up and just began helping Twilight rummage through all the books. It didn't take long for Spike to find the spell book. "Twilight, I..."

"Great, you found it." Her horn glowed and the book was forced out of Spike's hand. The purple unicorn immediately began flipping through the pages, and then instantly stopped at a page that showed a picture of a drawn pony with a speech bubble coming out of its mouth. Twilight closed her eyes and began to concentrate. Her horn lit up brightly.

"Twilight, what..." Spike began. The bright light, coming from Twilight's horn, blasted like a laser and hit Spike. "en Equestria estás haciendo?" Spike jumped at what he just spoken. What was this language he was speaking? It was nothing he had ever heard before, that's for sure. "Lo que el..."

Twilight looked quite proud of herself. Obviously the spell did what she intended it to do. "Well, that was easier than I thought." She said. Spike gave her an angry look, his arms crossed, and tapped his foot with impatience. "Oh, yeah. Sorry." The librarian began looking through passage in the book again. "Okay, just try to hold still." Her horn began to glow brightly, once again. Another beam shot out, from Twilight's horn, and hit Spike.

"At-il fonctionné?" Spike said, but when he realized he still wasn't speaking English, he grew even more irritated.

"Oops. Umm... let me try this again." She restarted the spell for a third time.

"Twilight, I need to..." Spike tried to speak, glad that he was finally speaking English again, but Twilight took off in search of another book. "Twilight!" He shouted. The unicorn stopped what she was doing and turned to Spike. "What in the hay are you doing? You're running around the library like a madmare, you look like you haven't slept at all, and you are being so loud, you woke me up from, what was, the greatest dream I've ever had."

"Sorry, Spike." The lavender unicorn said with a more calmer voice. "I have a very important test, tomorrow morning, and I desperately need to study."

"Well, can't you try an be a bit quieter, while I'm trying to sleep?"

Twilight nodded.

"Thank you." Spike headed back up stairs to his warm and soft basket. Unfortunately, for Spike, Twilight was not quieter. In fact, if anything, she was even louder that she was before. Spike groaned and moaned, trying desperately to block Twilight's ruckus from his head.

-------------------------------------------------

It was like déjà vu. Once again it was Applebucking Season and Big Macintosh was sick, with the flu. Applejack looked at the orchard, thousands of apple trees, all covered with ripe apples. She sighed, with anxiety, and began bucking the apple trees. Large wooden baskets were already set, underneath the trees, just at the right location, so when Applejack bucked the trees, the apples would just fall right into the baskets.

It wasn't too hard, especially for such a well fit and athletic pony, like Applejack, but she knew what laid ahead of her. She's already asked her friends for help, but they were all too busy too assist Applejack. Twilight was studying for that test, Pinkie Pie had to run the shop for Mr. and Mrs. Cake, one of Fluttershy's rabbits is about to give birth, Rainbow Dash was on weather duty, and Rarity has to make twenty custom dresses, by tomorrow, for a really important client.

For a split second, Applejack wished she didn't live on a farm. But this regret vanished quickly. She bucked a tree and dozens of red and yellow apples fell into the basket. She moved onto the next tree. She kicked her back legs at the tree and apples showered into the baskets, but apples weren't the only things that fell. A large bees nest came down on Applejack's head and broke into many pieces. Applejack began to panic as bees swarmed all around her, stinging her on every part of her body. She galloped through the orchard as fast as she could. Her hat fell of her head, but she didn't even notice at the moment. Up ahead, there was her sister's club house and nearly fifty feet from it was a small pond. She made her way towards the pond and jumped into it as quick as possible.

She stayed under water, with a large lung of air. She remained there for a good minute before bursting up for air. She breathed rapidly and heavily. The orange farm pony felt sore all over. She got out of the pond and went back to bucking apple trees. She was tired, from both the running and the bee stings.

-------------------------------------------------

It seemed that the whole town was in Sugarcube Corner. Pony's were shouting, foals were crying, and the mares and stallions in the front were all being very demanding. Pinkie Pie stood behind the counter, trying her hardest to take down everypony's order on the notepad. But there were just too many voices mixing together and the frustration and pressure was just too much for the pink pony.

Pinkie Pie tore paper, which was nearly filled with orders, from the pad and took it into the kitchen. The crowd in the bakery began to complain. "What in the hay you doing lady?" A stallion shouted.

"Come back here and take my order." A mare shouted.

It was a bit quieter in the kitchen, but the ponies' voices traveled through the walls. She looked at the list and read the first dessert on it. "Strawberry short-cake." Okay, not too hard. Pinkie Pie knew her desserts and nearly never failed at making them, unless she was working with a friend, then they are either made wrong or burned. She started off buy gathering up all the ingredients. Flour, eggs, sugar, strawberries, and everything else she needed. She poured the flour into a medium sized mixing bowl.

Pinkie Pie felt like cracking the egg was the most delicate part, when it came to baking. She picked up one of the eggs, with her hoof, and prepared to lightly tap the shell on the edge of the bowl. She brought it down gently. A stallion burst through the double doors and began yelling. "Where's my dessert?" Pinkie Pie was frightened and hit the egg on the bowl too hard. Yoke was leaking all over the counter and a large amount of eggshells have gotten into the bowl. "I've been waiting nearly an hour."

"Sir, look what you made me do." Pinkie Pie said to the Stallion with an assertive tone.

"I don't care what I made you do, I want my order, now!"

Just then the stallion was joined by six others, all were complaining about how long they've been waiting. Those six were joined by another four, and they were followed by ten more. The stress was unbearable, as Pinkie's brain started pulsating with an aching pain. The voices got louder and the customers only got angrier and angrier. Pinkie couldn't take it anymore.

"QUIET!" The pink pony shouted as loud as she could. The angry mob silenced and listened. Pinkie Pie took a moment to breath and then began speaking again. "I am just one pony and I'm working as fast as I can. Now get back in the bakery, get in line, and WAIT!" Within a blink of an eye the mob scattered out of the kitchen, back into the bakery. Pinkie Pie sighed with relief. She could feel some of the anxiety disappear while exhaling.

The pink pony went back to making the strawberry short cake. Pinkie Pie picked up the bowl and emptied it out into the trash. She put the bowl in the sink. It made a loud clank when hitting the dishes and silverware. She stood up on her hind legs and balanced herself on the counter. She opened the cabinet with her mouth and reached to grab a mixing bowl. It was just out of her reach, but Pinkie wasn't one to just give up so easily. She stretched out her forearm, feeling the edge of the bowl.

"Almost got it." The party pony grunted to herself. She almost had it, but before she was able to get a hold of it, the hoof holding herself on counter slipped and she fell, hitting her head on the counter. All the bowls poured out of the cabinet and landed on Pinkie's head.

Pinkie Pie woke up a minute or so later. It was dark, she couldn't see. She let out a scream and began to run, blind, around the kitchen. "Can't see, can't see." She said, bumping into and knocking over just about everything in the kitchen. The ponies in the bakery could hear Pinkie yelling and metal clanking, but they were to afraid to go check if things were okay.

This spastic moment lasted a good minute before Pinkie Pie stopped and removed the bowl off her head. She giggled at her own silliness and started back on the cake.

-------------------------------------------

"Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness." Fluttershy galloped, quickly, from the living room into the kitchen. She grabbed a rag from the counter and then soaked it, in the sink, with warm water. Once the rag was wet, Fluttershy galloped back to the living room, where a pregnant rabbit was going into labor. All Fluttershy's animals were gathered around the rabbit. Fluttershy pushed through them all and began helping the bunny deliver her babies.

The first of the litter to be born was a tiny, white, male. Fluttershy has done this so many times before, but was always amazed at how small they were. In total there were twenty newborn baby rabbits. Twelve male and eight female. The mother rabbit just laid there, panting with exhaustion, letting her babies drink the milk from her breasts.

One of the newborns was in the back of the feeding, trying to get through to eat, but anytime it came anywhere close to getting in it was pushed away.

"Oh, you poor thing." Fluttershy said in a sweet hushed tone. Fluttershy walked into the kitchen and poured a small amount of milk into a tiny dish. She carried it, carefully, in her mouth back to the living room. She, with caution, placed the dish near the outcast newborn. "There you go, drink up, you're gonna need your strength." The hungry newborn turned around and sniffed the the dish with its cute little pink nose.

"Go on."

The bunny looked up at Fluttershy, with it's squinted eyes, and then back at the milk. It got up on the dish and proceeded to drink the milk. The yellow pegasus was so happy that she shed a tear.

-------------------------------------------

"Aaaaaaaaannnnnd perfect." Rarity said as she added the final jewel to her third outfit. The outfit was white and sequenced in sapphires in a lovely pattern. "Three down," Rarity said and then let out a long and heavy sigh. "seventeen more to go." It was already three in the afternoon and she has only been able to make three out of the twenty dresses due tomorrow.

"Oh, how am I going to get these all done by tomorrow morning?" she said to herself. She was so overwhelmed, it was just unbearable. Of course she enjoyed making dresses, more than anything, but when there's a deadline Rarity can't help but stress over it. She breather in deed through her nose and exhaled through her mouth, letting out some of the stress that was consuming her entire well being.

Rarity froze in fear as smelled the stench of smoke. She began to panic and quickly galloped into the kitchen where she saw her sister and her sister's friends. The kitchen was completely destroyed. Splatter marks, of some kind of green liquid, covered the walls. Two or three egg yoked were bundled up in the center of the kitchen and there was a tiny fire on the stove. "Sweetie Belle, what are you doing?" Rarity shouted in surprise.

"We we're trying to earn out cutie marks in cooking." The white filly said, knowing she was in trouble.

"Didn't I tell you to never cook alone?" The older sister said.

"But I'm not alone. Applebloom and Scootaloo are here."

"I mean never cook with out me. For goodness sake, Sweetie Belle. I've got twenty dresses to make, by tomorrow morning, and I won't be able to make the deadline if you keep making a mess."

"But-" Sweetie Belle began, but she was cutoff by her older sister.

"No buts. Now, I want you and your friends to clean up this mess and then go outside or something." Rarity turned around and began heading back to her work. She head a loud explosion coming from the kitchen, which only brought more stress to the overwhelmed unicorn.

-----------------------------------------------

She was finally done. It took all morning, but she was done. The skies were now clear of all clouds and Rainbow Dash had the rest of the day to fly around Ponyville and practice her moves. She felt so free. The wind blowing through mane, the adrenaline building up in her body as she flew faster and faster. She did a nose dive, leaving behind her a rainbow trail. The pegasus pulled up ninety degrees, just inches from the ground.

"Ah yeah!" She said to herself. The excitement, the thrill, the adrenaline, she liked it. No, she didn't. She loved it. This was the very meaning of her existence, to go faster than ever before. To bend the very laws of gravity. What more can a pegasus ask for.

Right before she was about to pull up into the sky, she hit in the face by something. She couldn't see, nor shake the object off. She span out of control and crashed into a watermelon stand. Rainbow Dash and the stallion behind the stand were covered in watermelon. She groaned in pain. She slowly opened her eyes to see an open flier resting on her face. The pegasus grabbed the flier with one hoof and slowly got up off the watermelon covered ground. She felt sticky and dirty.

She read the flier.

Silverwing Beach
Where dreams of fun and relaxation become a reality