• Published 15th May 2012
  • 4,733 Views, 92 Comments

Assignment: Equestria - Naxanz



A starship named the U.S.S Atropos finds a small planet with strange energy readings coming from it. Curious they investigate...

  • ...
25
 92
 4,733

Prologue

“Sir, we are picking up strange readings from an uncharted planet,” stated a crewman studying a screen on the main bridge.

“What do you mean by strange readings?” asked the captain.

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen energy readings like this before sir!”

“What? This ship has the capability to read and identify over 1,000 different types of energy waves and masses, yet you can’t tell me what it is?”

“No sir, I cannot. But whatever it is it could be dangerous… Although the planet does seem to be habitable.”

“What do you recommend we do?”

“Well, if we are going to investigate I believe that we should deploy a squad of F-56 starplanes to reconnoiter the planet.”

“That’s a good idea, call up patrol 3 and tell them to scout the planet and report anything they find.”

“Yes sir!”

--Atropos Docking Sector--

Nick and his patrol containing of their commander, three others, and himself all hurried down the hall towards the F-56 docking sector. Ever since he had launched on this exploration voyage he had not had much action. Of course, they had only been traveling for about three weeks. Nick didn’t usually get spacesick but when the ship had traveled through that wormhole a few days ago he had felt pretty nauseous. But now he could finally get some action; he was going to scout a new planet! Nick had never set foot on another planet before; well, except for Mars, but that shouldn’t count. All Starfleet enlistees had to go to the International Starbase located on Mars for boot camp and training. His thoughts were suddenly put on a hold as his patrol arrived at their five designated starplanes.

“All right listen up!” shouted their commander.

The commander was a burly man and always very strict when on an operation. When not on a mission he was a pretty nice guy and sometimes even talked to them as if they were close friends. He carried the standard sixth generation P99 Laser on him, as did they all. It was a nice gun; handheld laser technology was fairly new and to Nick’s knowledge this was the only pistol so far created with a laser attachment. Of course, you could always switch back to the old fashion bullet gun with the push of a button. They all stood at attention as the commander informed them of their mission and what they were supposed to do. Once finished they all climbed into their F-56 starplanes and fired them up. The slight hum of the engine calmed Nick as they all hovered off of the landing pads and shot out of the Atropos at about 8,000 mph. Nick wondered what lay ahead of him as they all slowly approached the strange and alien planet.