• Published 15th May 2012
  • 4,733 Views, 92 Comments

Assignment: Equestria - Naxanz



A starship named the U.S.S Atropos finds a small planet with strange energy readings coming from it. Curious they investigate...

  • ...
25
 92
 4,733

The Plan

“It is?” stuttered Nick confused.

“Yes, but we would need help from the Changelings,” sighed Celestia.

“You can’t be serious!?” gasped Cadence suddenly, “They’re evil and they’d never help us!”

“Maybe not, but it’s worth a try,” replied Celestia solemnly, “We clearly cannot beat the humans by ourselves…”

“Sorry to interrupt, but what are Changelings?” asked Nick puzzled.

“Changelings are black creatures from the waste realm that have the power to take the form of anypony they see. They usually take the form of somepony you love and feed off of your love for them making themselves more powerful,” explained Luna.

“Oh, so you think they might be able to take the form of humans?” inquired Nick beginning to understand.

“Yes,” replied Celestia thoughtfully, “But we’re going to have to contact Queen Chrysalis…”

“There is no way I’d ever ask the changelings for help!” exclaimed Shining Armor suddenly, “After what they did only a few months ago… I never want to see another changeling again!”

“It’s the only way,” countered Celestia grimly.

Shining Armor only huffed in response knowing that there was no way he could win the argument.

“I want you to go to the communications room and prepare it for contact with Queen Chrysalis immediately!” ordered Celestia turning to a nearby guard.

The guard bowed before quickly turning and trotting out of the war room.

“This meeting will be continued in the communications room,” informed Celestia standing up.

--Canterlot Castle Communications Room--

Nick stepped into the dimly lit room and looked around. It was a fairly small room with a few dusty bookshelves and a large caldron in the center. Inside the caldron was a clear watery liquid that had an ever so slight purple tint to it. The room had no windows and the only thing that was providing light was one small metal medieval looking chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Celestia waited until everybody was in the room before walking over to the caldron and touching the tip of her horn into the watery liquid. The purple tinted liquid began to ripple as if a stone had been thrown into. Suddenly there was a slight glow as the liquid became cloudy and started to form an image. The image was blurry at first but it soon started to become clear and Nick began to see what had to be the Queen of the Changelings. She had a twisted unicorn horn, a pair of tattered insect like wings, and her eyes were a dark green color. She had a sharp pair of fangs and on top of her head sat a small black crown tipped with blue orbs. Her mane, legs, and tail were full of holes she was very slender.

Suddenly she spoke; her voice sounded like a distorted echo, “What is so important that you contact me Celestia?”

“Equestria is currently in a very unpromising time. We think that you may be our only hope,” replied Celestia.

“Well, it must bad if you’re asking me for help,” laughed Chrysalis maliciously, “The changelings haven’t helped the ponies in over a thousand years! Besides, why would I help you?”

“Because this problem may also affect you,” answered Celestia.

“Really? How so? What is this oh-so-terrible thing?” asked Chrysalis inquisitively.

For the next half hour Celestia explained about the humans and how they were losing the war to them to the Changeling Queen. She also explained how they might be able to stop the humans if they worked together.

“…if you don’t help us and the humans win the next place they’ll probably target is your kingdom,” sighed Celestia finishing her long explanation.

“Hmmm…” considered the Queen thoughtfully, “How do I know you’re not lying? I don’t trust you Celestia and I know you don’t trust me.”

“Because I have a human right here with me,” replied the Princess motioning Nick over to the caldron.

Nick walked over to the caldron and peered down into the wavy image of the Changeling Queen.

“He’s the only one on our side,” commented Celestia, “And thanks to him we know some of the human’s tactics.”

“I see…” replied Chrysalis distrustfully, “If what you’re saying is true then both of our kingdoms are in grave danger, but if you’re lying… What do you want from me anyway?”

“I need you to come to Canterlot as soon as possible; bring at least five changelings with you. I’ll explain the rest of the plan once you’re here,” informed Nick once Celestia had nodded for him to speak, “We will stay unhostile as long as you do.”

“Okay, I’ll come, but if you’re lying Celestia then you’re going to have bigger problems on your hooves then these so called humans!” exclaimed the queen before the watery liquid rippled and the image faded away.

“How long will it take her to arrive?” asked Twilight making her way over to the caldron.

“Maybe a day…” replied Celestia still staring into the magical liquid, “The Changelings can move fast.”

--Atropos: Captain’s Quarters--

The captain sat in his living quarters smiling to himself. His plan was being executed perfectly. Every city they attacked was crumbling under their superior power. Some of his higher officials had called him cruel for overtaking cities with no point whatsoever other than the fact that it was fun, but that wasn’t what he was doing at all. The captain hadn’t told anybody yet but he was thinking that this planet might just be the perfect planet for human colonization. He had thought about putting into affect Project Revelation, it would kill Nick and all of the stupid little ponies and it would also allow him to take the elements with ease, but he knew that he would never do that. Although the ponies were nothing more than animals nobody wants to carry the burden of being the person who gassed an entire planet and killing almost all of its inhabitants. No, he decided that the best thing to do was to overtake all of the ponies’ major cities to show them who was the superior life. Once they knew their rightful place as animals humans would be able to safely colonize onto the planet without them interfering.

The captain then poured himself a shot of whiskey and quickly downed it as if in victory. Not only was overtaking the cities helping his plans but it was also showing Nick just how foolish he really was.

Suddenly the door to the captain’s living quarters opened and a crewman walked in, “Sir, I’m afraid that I’ve got some unfortunate news.”

“Yes?” acknowledged the captain as the crewman saluted.

“Well, during an attack on a city called Manehattan your first officer, Josh, died,” reported the crewman sadly.

“What? How so!?” exclaimed the captain surprised.

“Well apparently, although it was not his duty, he led one of the attacking platoons into battle. He could have just as easily stayed up in the main carrier craft but he said that he wanted “some action”. He underestimated the power of the ponies and died in the battle. Manehattan was apparently the ponies’ second largest city besides their capital, Canterlot, so it had more defenses than many of their other cities. We did overtake the city but it took about an hour longer than it usually takes to defeat a pony city,” reported the crewman seriously.

“I see…” replied the captain in thought, “It’s unfortunate that Josh had to die; he was a good first officer. He could be stupid at times, but overall he was good. It looks like I’ll have to appoint a new one.”

The captain dismissed the crewman and walked back over to his chair and sat down. He leaned back in his chair and got comfortable before pulling out his PC.

“Computer, list of names of officers eligible for first officer position,” ordered the captain while rubbing his temples.
About sixty minutes later the captain had finally narrowed it down to two people. Commander Trenton, who he personally knew the best out of the eight officers eligible for first officer, or Commander Miles who had two more years of experience in Starfleet then Trenton. After long consideration the captain decided to appoint Commander Trenton as the new first officer of the Atropos. Technically, Miles was more qualified for the position then Trenton, but the captain knew Trent a lot better. The captain then put away his PC and walked to the main bridge where he called up Commander Trenton and officially announced him the new first officer of the USS Atropos.