• Published 15th May 2012
  • 4,733 Views, 92 Comments

Assignment: Equestria - Naxanz



A starship named the U.S.S Atropos finds a small planet with strange energy readings coming from it. Curious they investigate...

  • ...
25
 92
 4,733

Making Friends

Nick followed Rainbow Dash through the apple orchard for quite a while until it finally came to an end. When they broke through the last row of apple trees Nick noticed a big pinkish-red bard with purple roofing. Next to it were what seemed to be hen houses and also a well. A dirt road led up to the barn and next to it stood five other ponies.

At first the five other ponies didn’t seem notice Nick or Rainbow Dash, but as they drew closer a purple one suddenly pointed at them and cried out, “Look, here comes Rainbow Dash!”

The five ponies galloped over to them as they continued to walk closer.

“Hey girls, I’m here! And look, I brought a friend,” exclaimed Rainbow Dash to the gang of ponies.

As the ponies gathered around the two an orange one asked, “What the hay happened Rainbow Dash? And what is this…uhh…thing?”

Nick listened as Rainbow Dash explained to the group what had happened and how Nick wasn’t from Equestria. When finished she introduced Nick to her friends.

“Girls this is Nick and Nick this is Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie,” said Rainbow Dash finishing her story.

“Wow, are you really an alien?” questioned Twilight circling Nick a couple of times.

“Yeah”

“I have so many questions! Do you have anywhere to stay while you’re here?”

“Well, umm, no not really…”

“You could stay at my house,” proclaimed Twilight excitedly.

“Considering that I’m stranded here with no place to go for awhile then why not.”

“We need to throw a party!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie suddenly while bouncing up and down.

“I don’t really think that that’s necessary,” replied Nick.

“But of course it is! I throw a party for every new pony who arrives in Ponyville. Of course, you’re not a pony, but you know what I mean!”

“If you say so…”

“And that outfit of yours, it’s sort of dull with the black and dark blues. Maybe you could stop by my boutique sometime and I could try to make you some nicer clothing?” inquired Rarity thoughtfully.

“Wait, what? That’s nice of you and all but this is an Intergalactic Starfleet uniform. It’s mandatory that I wear it when on a mission.”

“So, you say that thing you were flyin’ in was a machine?” asked Applejack still studying Nick.

“Yeah, it was an F-56 starplane, capable of reaching speeds up to mach-20. Using a combination of hydrogen, francium, meitnerium, and oil in a 3T-Detrix juncture engine with other supersonic aero-components creates enough kinetic energy to…”

“Don’t you use your fancy mathematics with me! I just wanted to know if it was a machine.”

“Oh, sorry”

Nick scanned over the friendly group of ponies. This surely was an odd planet, but he was already starting to like it. Then his eyes suddenly fell onto the yellow one.

“Hello, I haven’t heard you say anything yet. Wasn’t your name Flutterfly or something like that?” questioned Nick while kneeling down to one knee.

“Fluttershy…” replied the yellow pony softly.

“What was that?”

“Fluttershy…”

“Oh Fluttershy, dear, there’s no reason to be afraid,” said Rarity walking over to Fluttershy, “He’s a nice…uhh…alien.”

When Fluttershy didn’t responded Nick stood back up and replied, “Well, nice meeting you Fluttershy, hopefully we’ll see each other again sometime.”

Soon after that the party began to slowly disperse. It was starting to become a dark when Twilight finally started leading Nick down the road to her house.

“So, what’s Earth like?” asked Twilight as they walked.

Nick looked up at the darkening sky and sighed, “Could be better…”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, lots of stuff is happening right now. Tensions between China and the U.S. keep growing and we’re afraid of a possible nuclear fusion war. Not to mention that the current world population is at about 1.2 trillion! That’s why we’ve started some colonies on Mars, a neighboring planet, but it’s not enough. The whole world worked together and created the first starship. After that followed many others. Now humans are flying throughout space trying to find other habitable planets to colonize on and other planets with resources to use.”

“Wow, your right, it doesn’t sound too good.”

As they walked Twilight would keep asking questions and Nick would answer them to the best of his ability. When they finally arrived at Twilight’s house the sky was a velvety black. A light breeze drifted through the cool summer air and it was so quite that somebody would’ve been able to hear a pin drop from a mile away.

“So, is this your house?” asked Nick as they stopped in front of a big tree.

“Yes, but it’s also a library.”

Nick was astonished when the door opened all by itself.

“H-how’d you do that!?”

“Do what? Oh, open the door? Simple, magic!”

“Magic? There’s no such thing.”

“Yes there is.”

“No there’s not.”

“Yes there is!”

“No there’s not!”

“Yes there is! Do you want me to prove it to you?”

“Ha, if you can prove it I’ll believe it!”

Suddenly there was a loud popping noise and they were inside of a bedroom.

“Whoa, what just happened!?”

“It was just a teleportation spell…”

“Teleportation? There’s no such thing. I don’t know what you just did there but it wasn’t teleportation and it certainly wasn’t magic!”

“Have it your way…”

“Where are we anyway?”

“Oh, this is just a spare room I have. I’ll let you stay here as long as you like.”

“Thanks Twilight.”

“Sure, no problem.”

The two chatted for a little while longer but it soon died down. Twilight then left the room leaving Nick by himself. He walked over to the small bed and laid down. He was too big to lie on it at full length so he curled up with his knees against his chest and finally closed his eyes. After the strenuous day it didn’t take long for sleep to overtake the weary soldier.

--Meanwhile in Canterlot--

Shining Armor was walking up along the castle walls to his corridors when suddenly a guard swooped down from above and landed in front of him.

“Sir, word has it that Las Pegasus is under attack by an unknown force! What should we do?”

“What!?” exclaimed Shining Armor in surprise, “How bad is the damage?”

“Pretty bad sir, the city has been almost completely overtaken.”

“Send more soldiers and if necessary destroy the attacking force!”

“Yes sir!”