• Published 11th May 2012
  • 5,240 Views, 157 Comments

Tales of a Brony: Love - YourPrivateNightmare



Story of a Brony, who gets teleported to Equestria after taking a dump.

  • ...
14
 157
 5,240

Chapter 3: How not to introduce yourself

Chapter 3: How not to introduce yourself

A sudden splash of cold water threw me out of unconsciousness. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a blurry purple and green blot right in front of me. It took a few seconds for me to realise what had actually happened.

I had fallen into the portal-thingy and got teleported into another dimension. That was for sure. But what was this dimension like? Suddenly the colourful blot started to talk! I couldn’t understand a word. Everything seemed to happen in slow-motion. Suddenly a terrible thought struck me.

“What if I’m in a parallel dimension, where giant, colourful, talking insects are the ruling species? Oh god, it’s probably already about to eat my genitals. Quick! I have to cover them with my hands!”

That’s when I realised that I had no hands. I also realised that my arms were...green.

“Oh gawd, it already chewed off my hands! And he coloured my whole body! What is this? Some kind of intelligent bug-pervert?”

I tried to shout, but all that came out of my mouth was some hoarse muttering.

“Get...your...claws off...my genitals...monster-bug!”

That was all I managed to say.

“Calm down. I’m not going to...uhm...whatever and by the way I’m a dragon not a bug.” The monster answered.

His voice sounded oddly familiar. I was sure that I had heard it multiple times before, although I couldn’t tell where.

As my view gradually got better, I could finally see who or what was sitting in front of me. And suddenly I knew where I was.

The purple blot was no one other than Spike! This also explained where my hands were gone. They were simply transformed into hooves, because I was simply transformed into a Pony. I don’t know if there’s some kind of transdimensional law which turns all dimension travellers into a life form with an equivalent evolutionary status in the current dimension and actually I don’t care.

“Are you alright? No offense, but you act a bit...weird...” The purple dragon said.

“Was I alright? I didn’t know. I didn’t feel different. Well...except that I was a Pony.”

“Do you have a mirror somewhere? I need to have a look at myself.” I asked Spike.

“There’s one right over there, but if I was you I would be more worried about my state of health than about my mane. I mean you were unconscious” The little dragon gave me a disparaging look.

“It’s not because of my mane, Spike!” I gave him a dirty look.

Then I realised what I just said.

“How did you know my name? Who are you anyway?”

I sighed.

“I actually didn’t want to start it that way, but due to my own stupidity, I have to reveal you my whole story right now, I guess!”

So I told him everything that happened so far, from the time where I left my house to the spot when I fell into the portal. I left out the fact that I forgot to pull up my pants, because I didn’t know if there was such a thing as pants in Equestria. I finished the story and looked at Spike, expecting some kind of reaction like: “Wow, that’s awesome, you’re so cool!”

Reality was a bit different, though.

What happened was that the little dragon burst out laughing.

“Ok that was a hilarious story, why don’t you tell me where you actually came from?”

I sighed again. What should I do? I told him the truth and he didn’t believe me (when I think back I have to admit, that I wouldn’t have believed myself either).

I was trying to make up a believable story, when suddenly the entrance door opened. Both Spike and I turned our head to the door. Standing there was a purple mare with a confused expression on her face...Twilight Sparkle! Although I expected something like this to happen I was still excited like a little child at its birthday.

“OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosh! I’m meeting the main character of the greatest cartoon show ever!”

I was barely able to hide my excitement. I started to hop from one foot (hoof!) to the other.

“Spike! How did you get him to wake up?” She asked the little dragon.

“Like everyone would do. I splashed a bucket of water in his face.”

That was when I realised that I was all wet.

“Who is he anyway?” Spike asked.

“I don’t know I found him in the park, lying on the ground. I couldn’t leave him there, but now that you’re awake, you can probably tell us yourself, Sir.” Twilight turned to me.

“Be careful Twilight, he seems a bit strange.” Spike whispered.

“Spike! That’s not the way to treat a guest!”

She turned to me again.

“I’m sorry for my assistant’s behaviour. He can be a little hasty sometimes. So, please tell me. What happened to you. I never saw you around Ponyville. Do you come from somewhere else? Why were you unconscious? Did you have an accident?” She asked all that things rapidly without inhaling.

I sighed.

“I guess I have to tell YOU my story too.”

So I told her the same story I already told Spike. I expected her to break out laughing like Spike, or at least giggle at me, but none of that happened. She also looked more like being interested than being confused.

“So you’re a...how do you call it? Human?” Twilight asked me.

“To be exact, I was.” I noted.

“That doesn’t explain why he knew my name before somepony mentioned it!” Spike interrupted.

“He did? I mean-.” She turned to me. “You did? How?”

“Well...that’s kinda hard to explain...” I nervously answered.

The following 15 minutes I spent trying to explain a studious mare and a sceptical dragon, that there was a cartoon-show on TV about them in my world. Then I spent another 15 minutes trying to explain what TV was. I will spare you with the details. Let’s just say I felt like I was explaining the theory of relativity to a four year-old child, while being so excited that I barely had any control over my voice.

Twilight smiled at me awkwardly, while Spike looked at me as if I was some kind of a maniac. If I wasn’t already wet from the water Spike had splashed in my face I would have been now, because of all the sweat, my body had been producing in the last few minutes.

“So you’re trying to tell me that you know what happened since I came to Ponyville, and that we don’t physically exist in your universe but only fictionally, right?”

“Uhm...yes?” I began to feel more and more uncomfortable.

Suddenly the awkward expression on her face disappeared and was replaced by a bright smile.

“That’s absolutely fascinating. Parallel dimensions really exist. I could write a book about it.” Twilight was literally bursting from excitement. “You have to tell me everything about your universe. This will be-“ She suddenly stopped.

“I mean if you, want to, of course.” She continued a little bit more restrained. “Do you know how to get back to...your universe?”

“I have no idea.” I admitted.

Switch to Twilight

This was so exciting. A life form from another universe! And it (or better: he) was even able to talk. She had so many questions.

Suddenly she finally found out what made him seem so different to other ponies: His aura!

Unicorns are born with the magic ability to sense other ponies’ auras. Every pony has its own unique aura. While unicorns have a very strong magical aura, pegasi and Earth ponies have almost none. Unicorns can’t really see auras but they can feel that they’re there.

Now what was special about this stallion's aura was the fact that he had none! This could have been marked as a strange coincidence, not worth more than a few studies or tests, if this stallion didn’t claim to be from an alternate universe. And what was even stranger was that Twilight noticed this phenomenon on another Pony some time ago. And this certain Earth Pony was called...

END OF CHAPTER 3

Author's note: You probably already know which Earth Pony I'm writing about. If not...wait for the next chapter.