• Published 9th Nov 2011
  • 2,680 Views, 38 Comments

Where am I? - zombiesurvivor123

  • ...
2
 38
 2,680

Rainbow's can be annoying

The birds were chirping as the sun slowly rose over the horizon. The gentle breeze and sound of the nearby wildlife awoke Rawlings from his deep and restful sleep. Sitting upright on the low tree branch, he rubbed his eyes, yawning. Stretching his muscles, he slowly walked over to a nearby stream, slashing the cool, refreshing water on his face. He looked at his reflection in the stream and noticed that he needed to shave. Sifting through his uniform pockets, he found only some lint and a French penny. Sighing, he stood up and flicked the coin into the stream, causing the water to ripple and distort his reflection.



A few minutes later, Rawlings noticed that he was becoming hungry. He was at a loss for food because the pony's in the nearby town would either try to kill him or run away, and most of the plants in the forest were inedible. Walking into a field in an attempt to find food, he came across the wreckage of what was his Sopwith Camel. Or a really burned cart or something. He couldn't tell. Searching the wreckage, he found the charred remains of his planes left upper wing. Well, he had confirmed that is was his plane. Searching through the burnt and bent pilot seat, he found nothing. He shook his head and continued in the direction he was headed.



The new section of the forest he was in was very different from the section he had been in before. There were paths that lead in every direction, the wildlife seemed to have vanished, and there was a strange blue. Pulling out his pistol in case anything was following him or attacked him, he checked the clip. The rest of his bullets were Dum-Dum's, or bullets with soft tips. These bullets spread open a wound on impact, causing horrific and effective damage. This gave him a heightened sense of security. He continued on the largest path he saw, never taking his eyes of the bushes and plants for even a split second.


Rawlings walk through the forest came to a halt when he heard what sounded like, well, he couldn't tell what it was, but he could tell that it was coming from his left and that it was loud. Heading in the general direction of all the ruckus, he spread apart a bush and saw what appeared to be some sort of celebration. Pony's, unicorns, and what appeared to be pegasi were all partying and having a great time. Scanning the crowd, he saw what appeared to be a unicorn with wings. “What the fuck”, mumbled Rawlings. He didn't even want to imagine how it came into existence. Growling in annoyance, Rawlings walked back into the woods.


The path Rawlings was walking on seemed to go on forever. After another Two hours of Walking and searching, he found what he hoped to be the exit. A light brown wooden bridge crossed over a river. As he walked across it, it creaked from what he guessed was the wood becoming old. No one seemed to live around these parts of this strange world. Just as he was beginning to have a feeling of hope, to get away from this crazy place, Rawlings noticed a small cottage on the edge of the forest. He face palmed. “Of course, right when I figure I'll be alone, BAM! Something has to live there. I hate this place.” As he walked past the cottage, he heard that something moving outside. When he turned around to see what it was, he slammed hi injured hand on a low tree. “ God Damn!” he yelled in pain. A Pegasus pony, one who was a shade of bright yellow with a pink mane, slowly came out from behind the side of it's house. “Are you okay mister?” Rawlings (barley) heard it ask. “YEAH, FINE, I JUST HAVE A HAND WITH A BIG GASH IN IT THAT'S PROBABLY INFECTED”,he screamed at it at the top of his lungs, Sprinting as far away from the pony as his legs would carry him.


After his brief sprint, Rawlings Sat under the largest tree he could find. Using his good hand, he removed his bloody rag of a bandage. Surprisingly, the wound was cleaner than he expected. The rag must have been doing it's job, because there wasn't even a hint of infection. Wrapping a new piece of cloth from his uniform over it , he winced as he applied pressure from the bandage. He had forgotten that no infection DOSE NOT mean no pain. After he finished tying the bandage, he lay down on the sort grass, gazing up at the night sky. He saw several familiar constellations up in the sky, such as Cancer and Orion. Try as he might though, he couldn't fall asleep. He just laid there all night.


Morning came, and Rawlings opened his eyes from a poking sensation. A cyan blue pegasus with a rainbow colored mane was poking his side with a stick. One of the three fillies he had encountered a few nights before was next to the older pegasus. “Is it dead Rainbow dash?”, the filly asked. Rainbow Dash didn't answer, instead, she continued to poke his ribs. Rawlings shot into an upright position. “Stop doing that!”, he yelled at Rainbow dash, who burst out laughing. The filly soon followed. “Who the hell are you two anyway?”, asked Rawlings. The Rainbow colored one Spoke up almost instantaneously. “I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in all of Equestria”, she said proudly. “HA HA, I don't give a shit,” replied Rawlings. He turned to the filly, his gaze softening. “I remember you”, he said. “Your one of the fillies who followed me through the forest. What's your name?”, asked Rawlings. “Scootaloo”, the filly replied. “Hey if you don't mind my asking, what are you?,” asked Rainbow Dash. “I'm a human”, he replied.


“Rainbow Dash, did you see a smoking object falling from the sky a few days ago?”, asked Rawlings. Rainbow put her hoof on her chin and thought about it. “Yeah, something on fire fell from the eastern sky. Why?” “That was me in my airplane, which is a machine that us humans use to fly, since we don't have wings. We have big weapons on the front that fire pieces of metal called machine gins. Someone hit me with one and it set my plane on fire. Is there anyone you know who can give me a new plane?”, Rawlings anxiously asked. “Princess Celestia is the only one I know who could give you a new ….airplane.”, she said. “I can find a way to have you meet with her tomorrow if you need a plane badly.” “Please do” he said. “Tell her to meet me near the wreck of my old plane”, he said, running off into the forest.