• Published 9th Nov 2011
  • 2,679 Views, 38 Comments

Where am I? - zombiesurvivor123

  • ...
2
 38
 2,679

Crash

Blaine Rawlings stood in the early morning mist. Today would be his first mission after his enlistment in the Lafayette Escadrille, a group of American pilots who joined the French air force. The year was 1916, with The Great War (World War 1) in full swing. The Germans were pushing the allies back with every passing day. "Hey Rawlings", called his friend Robert. "Are you gonna just stand their all day or fill up your planes fuel tank?"

Rawlings laughed nervously. Several hours had passed and he wasn't to anxious to take flight. Several soldiers stood near the front of the planes propellers. "Contact!",yelled Rawlings, pulling the ignition while the soldier spun the prop. The engine roared to life. Sgt. Hoobler walked over to Rawlings plane and handed him a m1911 pistol. "What's this for?",asked Rawlings. "If your plane catches fire you have three choices. You can stay in it and burn all the way to the ground, you can jump from several thousand feet, or you can take the quick and painless way out."

Ten minutes after take off, Rawlings squadron ran into a group of German tri-planes. Gunfire rang out as the two squadrons opened fire at each other. German Tri planes and Sopwith Camels flew after one another. Several Krauts were taken down by the large caliber bullets of the French machine guns. Rawlings immediately opened fire at the black eagle, an infamous German pilot who had shot down more pilots than one could count. A dogfight soon emitted as they played a game of cat and mouse. The two pilots opened fire at each other, flying directly at one another. Rawlings pulled left on the control stick and banked left, narrowly avoiding a head on collision with the Black Eagle. While the Black eagle continued after another pilot, another Jerry flew after his friend William. Williams plane caught on fire. "Will!" screamed Rawlings as his friend drew his revolve, placed it to his head, and pulled the trigger. Rawlings let out a war cry and perused the bloody Kraut who had killed his friend. Right as he was about to open fire, his Vickers .303 machine gun malfunctioned. Pulling out a hammer, he began pounding on the side of the firing mechanism in an effort to unjam the machine gun. The Black Eagle noticed this and flew right behind Rawlings plane and opened fire. Fear rushed through Rawlings's heart as his bi-plane was fulled with bullet holes. One of the Black Eagle's bullets hit Rawlings fuel tank. The Black Eagle pulled up and perused another pilot as Rawlings plane crashed into the ground in a smoking wreckage.

Coughing from the black smoke emitted from his wrecked bi-plane, Rawlings crawled out of the pilots seat and lay down in the field that he had landed in. Removing his now shattered flight goggles, he took a look at the surrounding countryside. 'Wait a minute, this isn't France', thought Rawlings. Instead of trenches and bunkers and the sound of gunfire, the field was full of plants and animals, with nothing war related around except him. In fact, this whole area looked like it had never even seen war. A few bushes about 20 feet away from him rustled. Drawing his pistol, he aimed at the bushes. "Kommen Sie mit Ihren Händen auf!(come out with your hands up)", he yelled. While he was expecting a German soldier to either step out or open fire, a lavender colored unicorn with a purple mane stepped out of the bushes.'What the hell', thought Rawlings.