• Published 9th Nov 2011
  • 2,679 Views, 38 Comments

Where am I? - zombiesurvivor123

  • ...
2
 38
 2,679

Making it Right

Running. Thats all he could do at this point. He had to get as far away from this crazy place as could. He ran deeper into the woods until his legs couldn't carry him any farther. Sitting down in the middle of a clearing, Rawlings wiped his forehead with a rag inside of his uniform. The hot sun of midday was making him feel like he was inside a burning building. A few oak trees were spread here and there, but from this point, he could only see two things, the forest behind him and the dry, barren wasteland in front of him. Crawling into the shade of the nearest oak tree, he opened up his bag of stolen apples. Reaching into the bag, he pulled out a gigantic red delicious apple. Taking a bite out of it made him feel like someone was filling his mouth with water from heaven. He took another bite out of it and got the same result. After finishing off at least three more ripe apples, he had his energy restored. Picking up the bag, he walked off out into the desert.


After walking for what seemed to his mind as an eternity, Rawlings found a nearby cave. Reaching deep into his uniforms pocked, he pulled out the picture of his girlfriend. 'I miss you so much Sarah', he thought, holding the picture to his chest. His feelings of sadness was soon replaced by those of guilt. He had shot an innocent person. Or a pony rather. “I'm such an IDIOT!”, he shouted out loud, pounding his fist on a rock. “Son of a Bitch', he shouted, holding up his now bleeding hand. Pulling out his rag, he wrapped the rag the large gash on his left hand. “ Why God? What did I do to deserve this? Huh? Stuck on some crazy world where there are talking ponies. Why didn't you let me die in that plane crash?”, he screamed, pointing his good hand at the sky. “I guess you're not so loving or caring!” He soon passed out from prolonged exposure to the intense heat of the sun.



When Rawlings awoke, the stars and moon were out, and the air was much cooler. Standing up, he noticed that his bag of apples were gone. Hoof prints led back into the forest. Whether he had stolen them or not, he knew he needed food if he was going to survive here. Standing up, he dusted himself off, picked up his pistol, and checked the pistol magazine. Counting his spare clip, he had a total of thirteen rounds. “Better make them count”, he mumbled to himself. Inhaling the cool night air, he stepped off into the direction he saw the hoof prints coming from.



The hoof prints led back to the barn and apple orchard that he had originally stolen them from. Searching around the inside of the barn for his bag of apples, he heard hoof clops and the sound of voices. Rawlings hid himself in a large ball of hay. “You fellin' alright AJ.”, he heard a red stallion say. “Yeah, but I don't understand what a monkey would want with our apples. Those creatures never come around here, and this one had some weird shaped device.”, she replied. Rawlings slowly and quietly moved closer to the open door of the barn, concealed by the darkness of the night. As he made it to the barn door, he noticed something crawling around the back of the barn. Right when he turned his head to get a clear look at what was over there, a creature that had a head of a chicken and the body of a snake jumped at him. "SHIT!", Rawlings yelled, trying to pull the creature off of him. Inside the barn, the stallion heard the commotion and went to investigate the source. When he got outside he saw a Cockatrice on what appeared to be some sort of monkey. He realized that it was the creaturte that had attacked Applejack when the creature pulled out a weird device, put it to the side of the cockatrice's head, and made it make a loud noise, spreading bone, brain matter, and blood all over the ground. "Hey, Sir'', called the stallion. 'Fuck' thought Rawlings, who took off running towards the woods. The stallion tried to follow, but the creature managed to hide in a tree. However, he was soon discovered when he had to exhale. "Sir, my sister needs help'', said the stallion. Rawlings decided it was useless to hide, and hopped down. "Who are you?'' Rawlings asked. “I'm Big MacIntosh, but most pony's call me Big Mac. Anyway, ma sister needs help. will you help her?" "sure said Rawlings, who followed Big Mac back to the barn.



Rawlings entered the barn slowly, trying to find the pony who he had shot while at the same time trying to avoid eye contact. He heard Big Mac say to his sister, “Hey AJ, someones here to see you.” Stepping aside, Rawlings walked out of the shadows. “Hey”, he said to the injured pony. “Ya here to kill me?”,she said, and she sounded pretty pissed off. “No, I came to apologize for that indecent. Sorry for what I did, I just kind of panicked. I hope you can forgive me”, he said, hanging his head in shame. She looked at him, startled by his apology. “Anyway, I can help your wound to heal faster”, he offered. She looked at Big MacIntosh and nodded. Rawlings the proceeded to remove the old, bloody, dirty bandage that was covering the gunshot wound. “Big Mac, you got a first aid kit?”, he asked. “Eeyup. Do ya need it?” “Yes”, said Rawlings. Big Mac left the barn in a hurry to get the first aid kit from his house. When he arrived with it, Rawlings took out a pair of tweezers. “What's your name?”, he asked the pony. “Applejack”, she replied. “well Applejack, the bullet is visible, but lodged inside one of your muscles. If we want this to heal quickly and efficiently, I'm going to need to remove it. Is that alright with you?” She nodded, and Rawlings tore off a piece of his uniform. “Bite down on this”, he instructed, and she complied. Digging around though the flesh and muscle with his tweezers, he located the .45 bullet and Gave one large tug. The bullet tore free, and so did a strand of muscle. Applejack let out a cry of agony. Taking out a new bandage, he cleansed the wound and wrapped the new bandage around it. “There, now try not to put any weight on it for about two weeks.”, said Rawlings, handing the rest of the first aid kit to Big Mac. “Sugar cube, do you have a place to sleep tonight?”, he heard Applejack say. “Yeah, I do”, he lied, walking out of the barn. Walking back to the forest, Rawlings climbed up into a big tree branch, and tried to get some sleep. 'At least I made things right', he thought before drifting off into sleep.