• Published 10th May 2012
  • 6,087 Views, 93 Comments

The Dark Slayer in Equestria - 0kamaterasu



Vergil has been living in the Demon world for some time now but all that is about to change

  • ...
6
 93
 6,087

Prologue: Hell is Calling

A/N the time has come... My little pony Friendship is magic is property of hasbro, Devil may cry is property of Capcom, I own neither

Chapter 1
Vergil awoke at the sound of demons approaching. It had been this way for some time now, ever since he first returned to the Demon World. With a snap of his fingers, he summoned six blue ethereal swords to make quick work of the six lesser demons trying, and failing, to catch him off guard. Within a matter of seconds the summoned swords tore through the flesh of the creatures. "Fools."

It had been this way ever since he had been beaten by his twin brother Dante, and had been sent back to hell. "Mundus." Vergil muttered, thinking of the culprit of all that, the devil that had captured him.

The first time he ended up in the Underworld, he tried to gain the power of his father, Sparda, sealed in the dimension, only to be thwarted by his younger twin brother. After he was gone, Vergil had encountered Mundus, who had deftly defeated him and brought him under his control, altering his mind so he would serve him, thus changing the Dark Slayer into Nelo Angelo.

A few years later, Mundus attempted to return to the Human World by opening a portal on Mallet Island, using Nelo Angelo as a servant and guard. Mundus would later bait Dante to Mallet Island, but contrary to his plans, the half devil defeated him, his generals, and prevented them from returning to the Human World. Nelo Angelo was one of Mundus's servants, and, he too, fought Dante, unaware that the devil he fought was his brother, and was defeated by him.

After the final blow, Nelo Angelo's figure exploded in a violent blue flame. What looked like a death to Dante was actually the enslaving influence leaving Vergil's body, at the same time sending him back to the Demon World.

From the previous facts alone, one would assume Vergil to be happy with the predicament. It was not the case. The only thing he was glad for was that he was free again, and he definitely was not happy that his most treasured keepsake, a heirloom from his father, had dissappeared. While under the guise of Nelo Angelo, said keepsake, the o-katana Yamato, had transformed into a zweihänder, and after Nelo Angelos final battle, the blade shattered. The following energy flux sent the pieces somewhere in the Human World.

As a result, Vergil had been confined to using only his summoned swords, constructs of pure magic that took too much power to be used for longer than a dozen seconds – long enough to use them as projectiles, but almost unthinkable as actual swords. It doesn't really have to be said that it made him very bitter.

Finally deciding its time to leave the cave he had taken residence in, the estranged son of Sparda set off. To where, he did not know; he only knew it was time to go. Just as he was leaving the cave, Vegil heard a loud and inhumane screech, one belonging to a demon that was known throughout the Demon world, a demon that was known as a "god of death". He turned around, and there it stood: a Hell Vanguard. The demon screeched menacingly once more, pointing its scythe at Vergil as it teleported down to its presumed prey's level.

Vergil quircked an eybrow at the demon, as if to say 'you want to try your luck?', and the proud and sadistic demon accepted Vergil's challenge. Teleporting in front of him, the Hell Vanguard swung its scythe downwards, only to hit air as Vergil tricked out of the way. The Hell Vanguard was baffled. Where had its prey gone?

As the sound of Vergil's boots hitting the ground came from behind, the Hell Vanguard quickly turned around in full attack stance, only to see Vergil, along with a summoned sword flying at its face. Its scythe came up to block the attack, leaving the demon wide open for a second summoned sword, which stabbed the back of its left hand.

Screeching in pain, the Hell Vanguard dematerialized, reappearing a second later, swinging its scythe relentlessly in an attempt to hit Vergil. Dodging the scythe swings effortlessly, the smaller demon fired off three more. This time, the Hell Vanguard showed it had learned from its mistake and quickly vanished, avoiding the summoned swords altogether.
Sensing the presence beneath him, Vergil jumped back, exactly at the same time as the demon burst from the ground, swinging far and wide. "This is the end," he calmly muttered, still in the air, as he flicked his wrist twice. A summoned sword through the elite demon's mouth. With one final cry, the Hell Vanguard slumped down on the ground, its body quickly turning to dust, disappearing in the breeze.

"All too easy," Vergil spoke sharply, setting off again, his back to the previous carnage. One thing went past the man in blue's attention: at the entrance to the cave, energy was fluctuating mildly, not enough to affect the physical world around it, but enough that, if left unchecked, could lead to more extreme, and frequent energy fluxes. It was a common event, usually leading to a mortal scared out of their wits right before the rift dissipated.

That wasn't the way fate read the dice Vergil had thrown, though. Suddenly and without warning, fed off of the energy remnants of the summoned swords, the flux grew exponentially fast, resulting in a giant pool of negative pressure that began sucking everything around it.

Which included Vergil.

Unable to react in time to the massive force pulling him from behind, Vergil could only look back in one fleeting glance. In his most recent battlefield stood the anomaly, now stabilized into a powerful wormhole.
He couldn't feel anything after he passed the event horizon.

Meanwhile, elsewhere...

In the exact center of Ponyville, but a bit to the left, sat a throne. A draconequus sat on it, sipping the glass around the chocolate milk in it and whistling. "Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing!" shouted Discord with glee.

"Not as wonderful as friendship!" Twilght Sparkle shouted from below.

"Oh, this again," the spirit grunted, the boredom evident in his voice, as he sipped down the last of his glass, throwing the rest away to explode behind him.

"That's right! Ya couldn't break apart our friendship fer long!" Applejack yelled.

"Oh Applejack, don't lie to me, I'm the one who made you a liar," he rebutted with a smirk on his face as he grabbed her necklace with his magic, dragging her to his face, following soon after with Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy.
Holding all of Twilight's friends in the air, Discord turned to the unicorn. "Do you never learn?" he asked, the arrogance in his tone clear.

Quickly casting a spell, Twilight teleported to her friends, quickly placing them all inside a bubble and bringing them back down to the ground. There were a few things that she had learned, alright. "I'll tell you what we've learned, Discord! We've learned that friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for!"

"Ugghh, gag! Fine, try and use your little elements, 'frenemy'. Just make it quick, I'm missing some excellent chaos here."
Taking charge, Twilight shouted to her friends "Alright, ladies, let's show him what friendship can do!"

"WAIT WAIT WAIT!"

Pinkie Pie took one last drink of chocolate rain, overseen by many eyerolls. Finally, the mare joined her friends, and the magic of the Elements of Harmony started charging up. The glow was enough for Discord to finally take notice.

"What's this?" discord muttered as he saw the elements charge up. "Oh no..." Discord looked on in horror as a rainbow shot forth, engulfing him in light.

"NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

It was no use: the magic encased him in stone, then dispersed all of the chaos DIscord had released. All his work was undone in a split second.

After the lights had died out, Twilight looked around. Old library, old town hall, old Carousel Boutique, old Sweet Apple Acres and old post office. "We did it!"

Meanwhile, in the Everfree Forest...

All was calm in the Everfree Forest, until a blue coated, white haired figure was thrown out of a portal and onto the forest floor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welp, its in the open now, im tired of being a lurker on this site, with no story to write(c wut i did thar?)
Id like to thank Dusk stalker, for giving me the inspiration to write this fic and seriously, if you haven't cheked out his story "A Devil hunter among ponies" go do so, right now
Id also like to thank my friend Daedalus1776, who motivated me to finally put something up and if your a fan of skyrim, check out his story "On Ponies and Daedric Princes"
anyway, thanks aside please leave your criticism/hate/love in the comments below
~Greet the new day