• Published 6th Mar 2015
  • 1,862 Views, 62 Comments

CMC All Grown Up - SweetyBelleluvsu



The cutie mark crusaders have grown up and are still learning about themselves

  • ...
11
 62
 1,862

Scootaloo's grown-up day.

"Don't worry, I'm coming back to Pony-Ville as soon as I'm done with the audition! So I'll see you guys later!" Scootaloo said, riding off in her scooter at lighting speed.

Scootaloo took out the letter from Rainbow Dash, and read the note on the back, while keeping one eye on the road. "Before you come to Cloudsdale for your audition, you need to find a grey pegasus named Rumble Lane. He is the brother of Thunder Lane. Once you find him, meet me at the weather factory where we will test your awesomeness, coolness, radicalness, and flying abilities. I wish you the best of luck, Scootaloo! See you at 3:00!"

Scootaloo stopped her scooter to think. All of a sudden anger, waved over her face, as she thought to herself, "Wait a second... Rumble Lane is that stallion that left Sweetie Belle to fend for herself! I've never met him before, but he hurt Sweetie's feelings! I bet he's a really mean guy!"

All of a sudden, she saw a black stallion walking across the street. It was Thunder Lane!

Scootaloo drove her scooter up to him, and said "Hey Thunder Lane! I was wondering if you knew where your brother was? He's supposed to audition for the Wonderbolts with me today!"

"Well, he just moved in to Pony-Ville, but he said he went to the store to buy a cape... I have no idea where he went! But good luck!" Said Thunder Lane walking in to the Sofa and Quill Shop.

"Ok, well luckily it's only 1:00, so I have some time to spare for finding him." Scootaloo said, looking up at the sun position, burning her eyes. "Ouch!" She screamed, rubbing her eye. "Why does Celestia have to make the sun so painful?!"

Scootaloo started up her wings again, and drove away towards the clothing shop. Once she arrived, she set down her scooter, took off her helmet, and set them down right outside of the building. She opened the Door, and trotted in to the store.

"Wow, I haven't been here since I was a little filly! I usually just have Rarity make all of my clothes, because everything in here is just too... Ugh, girly!" Scootaloo gagged, as she trotted towards the men's section to find Rumble.

Scootaloo looked down each isle, but nopony caught her eye. When she reached the last isle, a feminine voice from behind her asked, "Can I help you with anything sir?" Scootaloo turned around, and the sales pony, embarrassed, said "Oops, my bad mam, I'm really sorry about that!"

Scootaloo laughed, and said "No, it's fine! I'm just looking for a grey pegasus stallion named Rumble Lane. Have you seen anypony like that?"

"Oh, yes! He made his purchase, and left about 30 minutes ago!" The kind mare said.

Scootaloo said, "Thank you so much!" As she zoomed out of the door, leaving the mare in a cloud of dust.

Scootaloo grabbed her scooter, and just started to flap her wings, when she saw Rumble sitting on a bench outside the ring shop. She rode her scooter over to him, and glared.

"So, Rumble Lane right?" Scootaloo said, lifting an eyebrow.

"Um, yes... Can I help you?" Rumble said, putting a red box under his wing.

"Actually yes, I'm the mare Rainbow Dash said to audition with. You have to come with me to Cloudsdale right now." Scootaloo said, changing her smirk in to a smile.

"Oh of course! How could I have forgotten that was today?! I'm coming, just let me run inside my house real quick!" He galloped in to a nearby door, and came back out within seconds. "Ready to fly?" Rumble said, as he widened his wings, and zoomed off.

Scootaloo strapped her scooter to her back with a bungee cord, and flew off. "Ready!"

When they got there, a certain rainbow maned pegasus was standing there. "Hey! What took my two favorite flyers so long?"

Scootaloo and Rumble landed right next to Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo hugged her, "I'm so happy to see you Rainbow!"

"I'm happy to see you too Scoots! But we need to act professional, if your going to get in to the Wonderbolts." Rainbow Dash said, striking a pose putting her hoof up to her chest.

Scootaloo smiled really big, staring at her role model. "So what do we do first?" Scootaloo asked.

"Ok, we will test you in a series of skills. First, I will have you come over here, and test your agility. Then, you will fly past some really harsh weather. If you can make it through the wind, rain, and thunder, you will come over here, and race... Against ME!!" Rainbow dash said, striking another awesome pose. "Rumble, I will test you first."

"Me? Oh, ok!" Rumble said, flying a few feet off the ground.

Rumble flew over to the agility test, and started. As he flew past the first couple of obstacles, Scootaloo's eyes stared in awe at his amazing agility.

Once he reached the last pole, Rainbow clicked her timer, and said, "18 seconds! Great job! Now come over here. This obstacle course is very difficult. Even an amazing flyer like me failed the first time I tried it!"

Rumble swallowed, and thought "what if I fail? Sweetie Belle will never marry me if I can't get in to the Wonderbolts!" Her started his wings at full speed, and Rainbow started the timer.

He flew past a large gust of wind, recovering from a large spin-out. Then, she noticed a large rain cloud above her. "Oh no, here comes the hard part!"

Rainbow was on top of the cloud, bouncing up in down, causing rain water, and lighting to come out the bottom onwards Rumble, as large wind machines were blowing on him from all sides.

Rumble gulped, and started to fly past the lighting. He swerved passed several lighting bolts, but still got sopping wet from all the rain. "Almost... There!!" Rumble said, as he flew past a wind machine, racing past the finish line.

On the other side, Scootaloo was cheering for him, as she thought, "You know what, I don't even care he was mean to Sweetie! He's an amazing flyer, and I'll be very happy to work with him as a flying partner!" She pat him on the back, and flew up in to the air, as he collapsed on a white cloud.

"Ok, your turn Scootaloo!" Rainbow Dash said with a large grin on her face. "And, great job Rumble! You better rest up, because after Scootaloo finishes, it's time to race me!"

Scootaloo flew up in to the air, with a positive, yet determined face on. "I can do this!" She thought to herself.

Scootaloo swerved past the first three obstacles with such grace! She reached the last tunnel, and she flew through it as fast as possible. Suddenly, her wing hit the side of the tunnel, causing her to tumble past the finish line, falling on her face.

"Congratulations Scootaloo! You made it in 19 seconds!" Rainbow said, reaching out a hoof to help Scootaloo up.

"Thanks." She said, rubbing her left wing.

"Okay, quit your slacking! Time to get flyin'!" Rainbow said, pushing Scootaloo forward with her wing.

"Right! Sorry!" Scootaloo apologized, taking flight again.

Rainbow flew up to the wind machines, turned the on, and flew up to the large weather cloud. "Okay, you can start now!" She said.

Scootaloo flew past the gust of wind, slightly recovering from the spin-out. She dove straight in to the bad weather, soaking her entire coat, and getting her tail stroked by lightning. She turned her head back, to fix her tail, and got stroke on her back, causing her to yelp, and fly straight towards the finish line.

On the other side, Rainbow patted her down, to get the lighting ash off Scootaloo. "Good job! But next time, don't hurt yourself." Rainbow said, giggling.

"Okay, now that my wonderful flyers are done with the obstacle course, it's time to race me!" Rainbow said. She flew down to the running course. "You see that red flag over there? That's where we will meet. Whoever gets there first, wins! Just keep in mind, even if you get last place, it doesn't mean you aren't getting in to the Wonderbolts! Now let's go!" Rainbow said, looking around. "Where's Scootaloo?"

"I'm up here! Sorry Rainbow, my wing kinda hurts..." Scootaloo yelled from the cloud they were once testing at. "Don't worry, I can still race! Scootaloo flew down to the runway, with one of her wings flapping faster than the other.

"Oh no! You can't fly like this! Is there any way you could use your scooter perhaps? Rainbow said, feeling Scootaloo's swollen wing.

"Well, I only need one wing to use my scooter, so I guess!" Scootaloo said, folding her hurt wing towards her side.

The three ponies lined up at the starting line. Rainbow and Rumble opened up their wings, in flight position, Scootaloo on her scooter, opened her one wing, with a determined look on her face. All of a sudden, Rainbow screamed "GO!"

They zoomed off, leaving a cloud of dust behind them. Scootaloo was traveling faster than she ever had before! But she was so caught up in her riding, she didn't even notice that she was leaving Rainbow, and Rumble ten feet behind her.

The finish line was yards in front of her. As she looked behind, she noticed, she was winning. As she crossed the finish line, Rainbow, and Rumble landed swiftly right after her. "I won?!? I won!!!" Scootaloo said, jumping up, and down.

"You won!" Rainbow said, pulling Scootaloo off the ground, and twirling her in the air. Once she set her down, she put on a serious leader face, and said, "Listen, you both were... Exceptional. Expect me to send you the responce soon."

Rumble, and Scootaloo hoof-bumped. Rainbow flew off, and happy danced in the air. "So, what do you say, flying partner? Wanna head back to Pony-Ville, and celebrate?" Scootaloo asked.

"I saw we should, Flying partner!" Rumble teased. Rumble picked Scootaloo up, and started to fly down to Pony-Ville. Once they reached Pony-Ville, Rumble set her down, and she got on her scooter.

"Thanks!" Scootaloo said, patting Rumble on the back with her good wing. "Friends?" She asked, smiling.

"Friends!" Rumble said, putting a hoof around her neck, and giving her a friendly hug.

Scootaloo walked over to her house, and went to bed, after she bandaged her wing.

When she woke up in the morning, she heard somepony knocking on her door. She stood up, and slowly walked over to the door.

"Babs? Why are you here?" Scootaloo asked, rubbing her eyes with her hoof, and yawning.

"I just moved in to the house three doors down from you! Snails finally earned enough bits to buy it, and I decided to tell you first!" Babs said, in her excited Manehatten accent.

"Wow Babs! That so awesome!! We have to go tell Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle!" So the two mares ran over to Sweet-Apple Acres.

Author's Note:

This chapter was written by FelineFluff. If you have not followed her, do it now! And as for SweetyBelleluvsu, like the story, comment, follow, banana.