• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 10,992 Views, 160 Comments

A Gamer In Equestria - The Dark Brony



With the mundane amount of space in the world around earth, a man named Craig is ripped from his reality and thrown into a new. As he ascends to the soil of equestria he is magically gifted by an unknown source to create or replicate anything from hi

  • ...
68
 160
 10,992

Chapter 4 - How this works (Unedited)

Well, I have to say, this is strange lying in a tent I created with my mind, and then knowing I am going to be camping with Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Twilight, Spike and maybe Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle but unlikely Rarity. yeah that's much weirder

My thought is then abruptly halted as I see the tent start to dissipate whilst I am inside it, and the outside world starting to slowly come into view. As the tent finally completely disappears I say “What the buck just happened?”

At this Pinkie Turns to look at me and says “Craig where's your tent?”

I just look at her and say, “Would you believe me if I said I was inside it then it slowly disappeared around me?”

“No, I wouldn't if I didn't see it myself, to be,” A voice says from behind me says. I instantly notice Twilight's.

I then hear a new voice that I hadn't heard previously “I seriously wouldn't have either Twilight. But what is that thing?”

I then turn around to see both Twilight and a small purple dragon staring at me. I then look at twilight and say “So this is Spike? I hate to say it, but I see that a bit of you has rubbed off on him. And by that I mean think first and ask questions later.” After that I the kneel down in front of Spike put my hand out towards him and say, “Hello my name is Craig, I am a human and I believe that I have appeared from another reality. I guess that your name is Spike. I have heard a lot about you from Twilight.”

Spike then looks at me and says “Guess you know who I am. Glad to meet you” and with that he extends his claw to me as we shake hands.

I then look at him and say “well done you are the third creature that has not either insulted me or attacked me since I arrive here this morning”

He then looks at me and says “Wait you're that”

Twilight then cuts him short and says “Spike! Don't call him a freak he'll lose it” she then stops, looks at me to see my hand clenching into a fist and says “sorry Craig I didn't think”

I then once again snap at her and say “that seems to be a damn reoccurring thing here! Why the buck would you of all creatures not think you are the bucking student of the Princess; your one of the smartest creature around!”

With that I hear hear another noise from behind me who I realise is Applejack says “Why do ya react so violently to that word”

To that I just turn around to her and say “I guess the shit I when though back home must be leaving me a bucking mental wreck. But I guess you would be if you were beaten up by people when you are just walking home from school on a daily basis and being called a freak most of the time. I suppose that's why that word is a bucking trigger to my temper. Along with making threats against my family and people I care about!” I then stop and fall to the ground and begin to cry again.

At this twilight looks at me and says “Wait. You've been through that and still find a reason to smile?”

I then notice Applebloom walk up to me and wrap her hooves around me and say “I'm sorry nopony deserves that sort of past. That's just ain't right”

I then hear Applejack say “I'm with you sugercube his past is just plain wrong”

I then hear Applebloom say “an I thought the way Diamond Tiara treated me was bad, But I 've nothin on ya. Ya seriously have been to Tartarus and back aven't ya.”

I then hear twilight turn to pinkie and ask “Pinkie do you think you could find another tent from somewhere, it looks like Craig's is gone.”

All I can hear is a quick “Okey Dokey Lokey” from Pinkie as she disappears from sight.

Twilight then turns back to me and says “Craig are you alright now”

To this I look up at her and say “Yeah. In fact I think that I may have an idea how my powers work, and why things I make seem to disappear.”

At this twilight just looks at me and says “really”

To this I just look at her and say “I take that you were being sarcastic and yes really. My powers seem to relate to games I played back home. The ring I had was from a game called Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunters. That burst of speed that I used to catch Rainbow off-guard was from a series called Sonic the Hedgehog. The Guitar and drums was from a series called Guitar hero and the Turntables from DJ Hero. I also believe that they seem to disappear quicker the more powerful the object or skill is.”

At this Twilight says “Sounds like you seem to understand them a bit”

I just look at her and say “Yeah. But there's one thing I don't understand yet.”

Applejack then looks at me and says, “and what exactly would that be?”

“The fact that before I came here I had never played Guitar in my life, nor had I ever used a set of turntables. I don't understand how I knew how to use them.”

At this they all look at me in shock then Twilight says “did you say you hadn't used your guitar before you came here? How had did you even know the notes to the songs”

I just look at her and say “again I don't know. All I can think is that maybe the portal I came through changed my DNA in some way but I am clueless on it”

At that moment, Pinkie came back in a pink blur carrying another tent and says “this tent should be big enough for you” at this I see Pinkie instantly set the tent up for me within a matter of seconds.

I this my mouth just hung open as I notice strange fact “Pinkie that looks like the tent I had back home, how did you?”

Before I finish my sentence I then hear Pinkie say “oh and I believe you may want this”

At that she hold out a sleeping bag and my jaw drops once again as I say “wait, wait, wait, you have just given me both my tent from home world and my sleeping bag from my home. How have you got these? You know what we'll sort this out after I have my stuff in my tent I think I need it sorting quickly before it gets to dark” however as I turn around I can see that Pinkie has already moved my stuff into the tent. To that I just look at her and say “I'm not even going to ask I think I may put all this down to you being you.”

At this Applejack says “ah say ya just go with that”

I then look back at them and say “if I am right about where my originate from and I may be able to recreate amazing skills” I then think maybe I could manage to do one of the Skyrim thu'ums?

I then hear Pinkie say, “Craig what's a thu'um?”

I just look at her and say “for god's sake Pinkie did you read my mind? A thu'um also known as a shout is a phrase that is spoken in the language of dragons. These create amazing effects from being able to simply throw my voice to confuse people to changing how I look and making me have the visage of a dragon scales and all.” I then look at Twilight and laugh and say “I bet spike could probably translate them for you”

Twilight then looks at me with a glint in her eye and says “Could you try one”

To this I look at her and say “I could try one but I don't know if I can even do it”

I then hear Applejack say “no 'arm in tryin”

To this, I just look at them and say, “OK I guess there's no arguing with you. I'm going to try one called 'Fire Breath' I recommend that you stand back” at this I point my head towards the sky, close my eyes and then shout “Yol, Toor, Shul!” as soon as I do a massive red stream of fire launches out of my mouth towards the sky illuminating the whole area.

Once the flame dies down I look towards Twilight as is slowly breath to regain my breath I then hear a new voice that I hadn't heard yet that says “Well darling I have to say that's pretty amazing”

To this I slowly turn around to see Rarity standing behind me along with both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. The first one of them to speak was Scootaloo who said “That was awesome. Do it again”

To this I can only mutter out “I wish I could.” After this I slowly collapse to the ground onto my knees coughing. I quickly see both Applejack and Twilight support my body as they move me rest against a tree.

The next thing I hear is Twilight say “Applejack can you get him a drink of water” she then turn to me and say “you'll be fine Craig”

As she says this I turn my head away from her, shut my eyes again and manage to say “Fo, Krah” as I say this I being to feel my burning throat begin to cool down as I begin it speak clearly again and I say “remind me never to do that again” after saying this I once again black out.

Author's Note:

Thanks for waiting sorry this chapter took so long been quite busy with day to day life. No music in this chapter may use a bit next time.

if you see any mistakes or errors just leave a comment and I will sort it

Thank you