• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 10,967 Views, 160 Comments

A Gamer In Equestria - The Dark Brony



With the mundane amount of space in the world around earth, a man named Craig is ripped from his reality and thrown into a new. As he ascends to the soil of equestria he is magically gifted by an unknown source to create or replicate anything from hi

  • ...
68
 160
 10,967

Chapter 11 - A New day, A New Life (unedited)

Chapter 11 – A New day, A New Life

The next morning I woke up to a sound I hadn't heard in a long time. Silence. I finally had a moment when I could think clearly I sat up to see Discord sitting on a chair on the opposite side of the room, I am also able to see my bag with my laptop on the side. I then sit up and say “Good morning.”

To this Discord says “that it is. Oh by the way as we leave be careful Rainbow tried to pull
the old water bucket trick”

Then just shake my head and say “is that seriously the best she could do. My younger brother has done better. I guess we'll just need to outplay her, lets wait till we are at a meeting with Celestia. Discord just check outside see where she is.”

Witt that he nods and disappears. Whilst he is gone I walk over to the desk and throw my bag over my shoulder link my sword to my side. After a minute he return and says “she's outside waiting for you to leave”

“OK then lets go you'll like this” I then walk towards the door and just before I open it close my eyes and sense where the bucket is and lock on to it with telekinesis. I then step out and leave the bucket floating I then turn to rainbow and say “good try but my brother tried that for his last April fools joke before I came to Equestria.” I then flick my wrist and the water in goes flying towards her and before she can react, soaking her from head to hoof I then say “Better luck next time” and begin to walk towards the throne room with Dash walking just behind me.

I then stop and decide to take pity on her I then tell her “say still for a second” I then create one blazing orb in each of my hands and move them beside Dash and they begin to dry her instantly. Once I have finished I say “sorry Dash but I can't let you get one up on me that easily”

To that she asks “But how did you know about the bucket”

I then smile and say “Discord told me”

To this she says “should have known”

“It wasn't that much of a surprise was it, you must have known I would be expecting something like that besides you never were one to take things slow.”

The then rubs her head and says “your right there”

I then smile then tell her “anyway we better head to see Celestia and the others. Come on we don't want to be any later.” with that we both rush towards the throne room. I then shout “race ya!”

To this she smirks and says “your on”

With that she begin to fly around the castle whilst I fly next to her keeping up with her without trying.

- 1 Minute Later-

Once we arrive at the throne room a slowly touch down and say “well done Dash you almost kept up with me”

She just stops there breathing hard and mutters “how in Equestria are you that fast”

“Dash in the anime where this is from they travelled at supersonic speeds from a dead start. Not to mention I could have just teleported here.”

Seconds later we hear another voice say “Well that is a surprise, Ya beat rainbow in a race. Not a easy thing to do.”

I then turn around to say “really Applejack, you sure about that. I didn't even go full speed.”

To this she stops and says “Ya didn't go as fast as ya could and ya beat Rainbow in a race that's crazy ya must be joking.”

“No. Do I look worn out to you”

She just looks at me then say “No ya look like ya could still go another round with Discord.”

Second later Discord appears and says “He probably could”

To this Applejack says “Fair enough. Anyway Celestia asked us to meet 'er in the courtyard. Everypony else is already there waitin' for us.”

“it that case we better get moving wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting” with that we begin to walk out of the throne room towards the main courtyard.

- 5 minutes later-

Once we reached the courtyard I took a deep breath in as for the first time in years I was walking around with out fear of being attacked. As soon as I open my eyes see everyone smiling at me as Celestia says “Looks like you had a good nights sleep”

“Yeah first one without a nightmare for years, and first time in a comfortable bed in two days, and first time in two days I fell asleep naturally. So yes I definitely had a good night sleep”

I then hear Luna say “well we are glad we help thou last night”

Seconds later Celestia announces “anyway Craig we would like to thank you for what you have done for us. In three days you have befriended and enemy that both me and my sister never could have managed to do.”

“it was my pleasure” I say with confidence

To this she just smiles the says “however we would still like to reward you for your actions” seconds later her horn begin to glow in clear yellow light, then seconds later a similar glow appears on my sword however it soon fades and she announces “It can't be comfortable in that armour so when you turn the sword into your instrument the armour will fade and you will see your normal clothes underneath.”

I then smile at her, bow and then say “thank you that is very generous of you”

I then hear Luna announce “we would also like to give you a gift”

Then in a blue glow she lowers a small pouch into my hand. I then ask “if I may be so bold to can I ask what is inside?”

To this she smiles and says “We have given you a few bits. We can't have you starve now can we. There should be about 150 bits in there”

To this I just smile and say “thank you Luna. I am honestly glad to say that I met you. I wouldn't be standing here right now if it wasn't for you.” I then bow to her and then stand up.

Celestia then asks “what's your plan now Craig?”

“well I plan to head back to Ponyville, finish adopting Scootaloo and then move in to my house.”

Celestia then says “that will take a while sure you don't want a lift back”

“thank you for the offer but I'll probably get back faster by myself”

To this She asks “Craig the Canterlot Express takes hours to reach Ponyville. I can get you there in almost and hour”

Seconds later Twilight says “to be honest princess I believe he could get there even faster than you. He can teleport long distance with pinpoint accuracy and it only takes him seconds”

“I would love to see that even me and my sister take minutes to cast a spell to take us from here to Ponyville. I would like to track your spell and see how you move.”

I then smile and say “I would love to” I then turn to everyone else and say “I will meet you back in Ponyville. See you all later” I then turn back to Celestia and say “are you ready?”

“I am ready when you are”

With that I put two fingers on my forehead, close my eyes and then focus on Ponyville and then I disappear from infront of Celestia, Luna and the others.

-Second later-

Second later I appeared just outside of Ponyville and just smile then think “enough proof for you Celestia?” I could only imagine her reaction when she felt where I had ended up.

I then hear Discord say “Wish I could see Celestia's reaction I bet it was priceless”

“anyway be better head into town where do you think we should head first.”

“Probably to see the mayor first get the papers signed for Scootaloo's adoption and get the keys to the house. At least we can drop our things off then.”

“Yeah I guess your right. Lets go” With that we turn our sword into a guitar and walk into town.

As we we begin to walk into town all we see are the nearby ponies staring at me as I faintly hear them whisper “it's him, the one who saved us yesterday.” and others saying “I hear the mayors got him to perform for us on some occasions.”

I then stop and say “If you want to ask me questions you can just talk to me. I would like to meet new ponies being I'm living in town soon”

Seconds later I see a mint green unicorn walk towards me and say “Thank you my name is Lyra. Lyra Heartstrings” she then looks up at me and says “are you a human?”

I then smirk and say “yes. Living your ultimate fantasy are you. Let me guess your next question is going to be about my hands”

She then quickly grabs them and says “these are amazing. I've read about humans in the past and heard about them walking on two legs, and having hands instead of hooves.”

We then hear a voice say “Lyra your such a fan mare.” she then turns to me and say “Sorry about her she can get a bit carried away at times.” she then then puts one of her hooves out and says “my names Bon-Bon what's yours?”

I then shake her hoof and say “My names Craig. It's a pleasure to meet both of you.” I then stop shaking her hoof and ask “you wouldn't mind showing me to the town hall, I don't really know my way round just yet”

To this Bon-Bon says “No problem it's on the way to Sugercube Corner we'll show you the way there.”

“Thank you it's very much appreciated”

I then hear Lyra say “you are our friend, and besides, what are friends for.”

“Thanks whilst we walk I may end up playing music. Do you mind”

To this I hear them say “no problem”

Lyra then say “I'd prefer if you did”

“OK then whist we are walking I will perform some music” then we begin to walk up the street as I perform Somebody to you by The Vamps.

One we reach the Town hall I turn around to see both Bon-Bon and Lyra smiling as I bow. I the hear a group of ponies applauding me.

Second later I turn around and see the mayor smiling as she says “You haven't changed at all. Still pleasing crowds and your not even on a stage yet”

“Thank you for the complement. Mind if I come in”

“Not at all”

I then Turn to Lyra and Bon-Bon and say “Thank you for helping me get here. I'm sure we'll see eachother again” with that they wave to me then continue to walk toward Sugercube Corner. As I turn back around and begin to follow Mayor mare into the town centre.”

-Seconds later-

as soon as I enter her office I look around as she tells me “Please take as seat”

I then look at the small stool and say “I afraid I have to decline. I hate to say it but if I sat on that I'd end up breaking it”

To this she nods and says “fair point. Anyway I guess your here to take me up on my offer to give you a house in return for performing on some occasions.”

“You guessed correctly. How could I reject such and fair offer, anyway what is it you need me to do?”

She then smiles and passes me a scroll, opens it and says “you just need to sign here, here and here.”

With that I smile and say “never used a quill and ink before.” I then reach into my bag and grab my notebook and grab the pen attached to it. I then say “do you mind if I use this instead?”

To this she says “No problem whatever you are comfortable with”

I then carefully read each section of text until I was satisfied and then signed each section.

Once I had signed the last section the mayor took the scroll back, rolled it back up and but it in a cupboard under her desk. She then passed me a set of keys and say “these should get you into your new home”

“Thank you.” I then look at the scroll in my other hand and ask “is it possible for me to sort out the adoption papers whilst I'm here aswell?”

She then says “unless somepony has given a recommendation to say you can look after a foal then no I'm afraid you can't”

I then smile and pass her the scroll that Shining Armour gave me and then say “will this suffice?”

With this she slowly reads the scroll and then says “you have very powerful friends Craig. This will more than suffice” she then passes over another scroll and says “You just need to sign here on both of the sheets and then all will be in order.”

With that I once again read everything on the scroll and then sign where I was instructed on each scroll. Once I had finished she took one of the scrolls off me and put it I her desk and then rolled the second up and passed it to me, she then said “Congratulations you are now the legal guardian of Miss Scootaloo”

I then take the scroll from her and say “Once again thank you for everything”

She then smiles and says “you are very welcome. You may want this aswell” she then hands me a map of the town and as I look at it I see a circle around a house that I assume is mine. She then points to the circle and says “this is where your house is, if you get lost just go to carousel boutique and Rarity will show you where to go”

I then bow to her and announce “thank you for your generosity”

She then says “when I need you perform I will post you a letter. I look forward to your first performance”

I then shake her hoof, walk out of her office and then proceed to levitate off the ground and then make my way towards the schoolhouse.

-A few minutes later-

A few minutes later I landed in a field just outside of schoolhouse and I sat down as Discord appeared next to me and said “your having a good day aren't you”

“yeah you know what I feel like singing. Is that normal in Equestria?”

To this he smiles and says “yes I'm afraid it is normal. I can tell what your thinking of singing by chance is it It's a Beautiful Day by Michael Buble?”

“yeah”

“well can I play the instruments in the song?”

“If you like”

With that Discord created multiple copies of himself each using a different instruments. He then says “ready when you are”

Seconds later I just smile and say “OK” with that I just close my eyes as a wireless microphone appears in my had and some speakers just behind us

Seconds later we begin to perform

Once I am finished I look up to see a group of foals and a mare looking at me and I say “sorry”

I then here three voices shout “Craig!”

I am then knocked to the floor and as I look up see Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo and Applebloom on top of me as I begin to laugh and say “can I sit up?”

I then hear the mare say “that's enough girls let him sit up”

I then hear all three of them say “sorry miss Cheerilee” with that the three of them climb off of he at sit beside of me.

I then look up and say “I'm sorry about interrupting your class”

She them smiles and say “it was no problem. Besides they were all just coming outside for a break and we heard you singing. We were all curious on who it was and came to take a look.”

“Well it's good that I didn't interrupt any learning. Anyway I actually wanted to talk to Scootaloo, well to be more accurate show her something.” I then reached into my bag and got out the scroll the mayor gave me and handed it to Scootaloo and then say “You may be interested in what it says”

With that she opens it and then begins to read it and then say out loud “you are now the legal guardian of Scootaloo” with that she just runs up, hugs me and says “your my dad”

we then hear some sniggers from the group of foals and I the say “Scootaloo mind letting go of me for a second” with that she nods her head and lets go of me I then stand up and say “Diamond Tiara. Silver Spoon. I want a word with you”

With that they both stop out of the group and stand infront of me and then Diamond Tiara say “What do you want”

“Has nopony ever taught you any manners. I would expect a filly who is the daughter of Mr Rich to show some respect to their elders.”

To this She just looks at me and says “Yes he did”

“well then I would like to say one thing to you. I don't take kindly to bullying, especially when it's towards my family.”

To this she Silver Spoon begins to walk backwards as Diamond Tiara says “Yeah so who have I been bullying​?”

“My daughter and her friends for one, tell me does this sound right?” I then mimic her and say “Nice try blank flank!” I then cross my arms and say “When you say that you don't only insult them but you also insult my entire race, we can never get a Cutie Mark. What else have you two said to them I believe it was something like the problem is, I mean, she's like, totally not special? When you said that to them you were saying there is nothing special about any of my race. You think I am happy being called talentless?”

To this she says “No you blank flank”

“Lets prove a point shall we” with I clench both of my hands and when I open my hands there is a red orb in my right hand a a blue orb in the other I the launch both hands forwards and a fireball ignites and flies forwards with blue wave of lightning following just behind it. I then turn back to them and say “I am not a unicorn but can use magic” I then begin to levitate of the ground and stay there and say “I can fly but I'm not a pegasus” I then lower myself to the ground then I grab my guitar and turn it into my sword and my armour appears I then continue say “I am trained to wield a sword.” I the turn my Sword back into a guitar and say “So I'll ask you again am I not special because from were I stand I can safely say that I am more special than you.” I then stop and breath slowly and announce “yet I am how did you say it a talentless blank flank.”

Diamond Tiara then steps back and says “I'm sorry. I was wrong blank flanks do have talents. Please don't hurt me.”

I then turn to Cheerilee and say “I'm sorry about that but I felt like I had to address that before she started talking like that to me”

“It's no problem.” she then walks up to me and whispers “they've had it coming for a while but I never had any evidence to prove what they were up to.”

I then walk up to both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon and kneel down infront of them and say “I'm sorry about how I reacted. I have issues with bullies since they caused a lot of problems for me. I needed to prove a point that it's not right to treat ponies differently because of who they are. I hope you can forgive me”

To this Diamond shouts “No your a horrible freak”

To this I just sigh and say “you aren't worth my time. You know if I wasn't or the fact I havejust has that rant with you I would scare you more than I did a minute ago.”

I then hear a voice next to me say “even if she doesn't forgive you sir I do.” I then turn to see Silver Spoon smiling and then glaring at Diamond Tiara and shout “you know I've heard a few things about this guy Diamond. You do realise that he saved us all yesterday.”

To this She looks up and says “what are you on about it was the elements that stopped that creature yesterday.”

I then shake my head and say “No the creature that attacked yesterday corrupted the elements. I had to step in and stop him alone.”

I then hear her shout “that's a lie, nopony can defeat and enemy like that alone”

Seconds later Scootaloo walks up to her and says “it's not a lie Diamond. I was there, he threw himself right into the line of fire and distracted that creature whilst I escaped. But I didn't run away I watched him toy with the creature and single handedly beat it. My dad is powerful and I'm glad he's here”

I then smile and say “thank you Scoots but please don't call me dad just call me Craig. If you call me dad it makes me feel old”

To this Diamond asks me “How old are you?”

“believe it or not I'm only eighteen”

To this they all stare at me and Diamond says “that can't be right you look about thirty.”

I then laugh ad then say “man now I feel old”

I then then hear Everyone laugh and then Diamond say “OK I forgive you. Your young by my standards.”

“Thank you Miss Tiara”

I then see Cheerilee walk up beside me and ask “Craig would you mind doing another performance for us?”

“It would be an honour to perform for you if you don't mind can I have a moment to talk work out what to perform?”

“Of course wouldn't want you to pick an awful song”

“Thank you” I then shut my eyes and ask Discord “Got a song in mind?”

“No have you?”

“Yeah you should be able to tell I'm thinking of the name now”

“Are we there yet by BlackGryph0n and Baasic. Yeah I can do that give me a second and I will be ready in the field.” with that he disappears.

I then open my eyes and say “I've got a song for you. but we need to be in the field again I've got a friend ready to perform with me.”

To this Cheerilee nods and says“OK” she then turns to the foals and tells them “OK class we have a special performance by our guest here would you please follow us to the field.” with that we all walk back to where I landed

Seconds later we reach the field and Discord is sitting there looking like a pony and says “you ready?”

I the smile and say “I was born ready”

With that I pick up my guitar as Discord gets on the turntables and I say “Hello everypony. I would like to thank Miss Cheerilee for allowing me to take a bit if time out of your day to perform for you. Not only do we get a bit of practice before we start performances for the mayor but you get to hear us performing together for the second time. Well enough of the introductions we will be performing a song called Are we there yet.” with that me and Discord begin to play our instruments.

Once we finish we hear everyone applauding us and both me and Discord bow. However seconds later we hear them shout “One more song”

to this we both stare at eachother and I think “Shit what can we do now”

Discord then says “I've got one song you know we could do. We might as well do Can we Dance by the Vamps. Do you remember the lyrics?”

“Yeah lets go for it” I then look at them and say “OK we can do one more this song is called Can we Dance.” With that Discord begins to play the track

Once we have finished both me and Discord bow then walk off stage as all of the foals one by one thank us for the songs, with that they slowly filter back into the schoolhouse as Miss Cheerilee says “thank you for doing that. We will finish in around an hour you can come and pick Scootaloo up then”

“OK thank for allowing us to perform for you.”

“the pleasure was all mine. It was nice to meet you, Scootaloo deserves a good father. Look after her.”

“Will do. Oh and tell Scootaloo if I'm not here at the end of the day to go home with Applebloom.”

“I will pass the message on for you” with that Cheerilee walks back to the schoolhouse Discord taps his hoof on the ground as all the instruments disappear.

We then look at eachother and he disappears back into my subconscious and then ask him “You know we make a god team would you like to join the band?”

“Thought you'd never ask”

“you must have known I was considering it, after all you can read my thoughts”

“Yeah, you've got yourself a band member. Don't worry about instruments I've got you covered”

“thats good we should probably make our way to our house so we can get there easily” with that I look at the map and then fly towards the spot marked on the map.

-Minutes Later-

“Right then, what house number am I” I then look at it and says “two” I then look at the house next to me and say “fuck my life” I then look and see that my house is right over from Carousel Boutique.

I then hear Discord say “It' not that bad”

“Yeah, I guess. At least Scootaloo is near Sweetie Bell. I'll just need to deal with Rarity constantly trying to get me to try out some new clothes.

“Oh well at least you'll get new clothes for free”

“Fair point. Lets go inside and see what we have” with that we walk inside and see that not only is the place well furnished but had everything we need. I then smirk and say “If only we had electricity I'd be set”

“To be fair with you being able to learn instantly you create create solar panels or a wind turbine?”

“Discord if I made a wind turbine it would be Kenny from South Park for a lot of pegasai.

To this Discord say “Oh my god we killed Rainbow Dash”

“No just no. That is overused. Lets just drop my laptop off and see if the girls are back yet they should be at the train station soon.”

With that we walk upstairs to what appeared to be a bedroom. As we step inside we see that just like the rest of the house it is well furnished with a bed that actually looks like I could sleep I it comfortably along with a desk against one of the wall and beside it a cabinet. I then walk towards the cabinet and put my bag inside it.

I then look towards my desk and see a letter on the side. As I pick it up the letter I notice a message on the front that reads “A gift from a friend” I then open it to see a chain necklace as I look at it I see letter C on the chain. I then reach into my pocket and get out my token and close my eyes I then look back ant my token and see a small loop and appeared on the hilt of the blade, I then proceed to unclip the chain and thread it through the loop on the token and then put the chain hold and the token rests against my chest.

I then walked out of the room, down the stairs and out of the front door. Once I was outside I locked the door and then begin to fly towards the train station.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone,

This chapter marks the start of my crossovers and once again if anyone wants to crossover with me just leave a comment or PM me.

Anyhow next chapter we have the first crossover i will be doing. find out who it is In the next chapter. see you then.