• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 10,978 Views, 160 Comments

A Gamer In Equestria - The Dark Brony



With the mundane amount of space in the world around earth, a man named Craig is ripped from his reality and thrown into a new. As he ascends to the soil of equestria he is magically gifted by an unknown source to create or replicate anything from hi

  • ...
68
 160
 10,978

Chapter 1 - Arrival in Equestria

Hello. My name is Craig, I am eighteen years old, I have black hair, green eyes, and white skin. I have a passion of playing computer games and I've always wanted to try to learn to play the guitar.

You know how life always seems to have a habit of punching you when you're down, and then finds a way to turn everything around. On one side, you have a home and family who loves you, and on the other side, you have a school life where you get bullied and treated like dirt. Well, I lived that life, managing to escape it with only mental scarring and the will to help others who have gotten caught in that life. I guess I have the adventures of Twilight and her friends to thank for me deciding to not commit suicide due to the never ending torture I endured throughout my life.

Well, that all changed when I got pulled through a portal. All I could see around me was a never-ending rainbow-colored spiral under me that seemed to have no end. I just kept falling for what seemed like hours, funny how it was only two minutes in reality. After a while, I saw a bright light become visible ahead of me and somehow launched myself towards it as fast as I possibly could. Second later I passed through the light. Realizing I was no longer falling I noticed a small headache beginning to form in my head. I slowly opened my eyes saw that there were several strange pony like creatures standing around me, staring at me with mixed expressions of fear and confusion among some of them, with hostility among others. If looks could kill, I would probably already be dead. I thought.

A few seconds later, a young yellow pony with red hair, a large pink bow in her hair and orange eyes approaches me, and, noticing that it was Applebloom herself in front of me, I can't quite seem to believe that she was standing in front of me. I wanted to ask her where I was, but I only continued to stare at her with sheer disbelief at what I was seeing.

Eventually, she asks a question, catching me off guard. "Howdy, are you'll alright?"

I didn't reply at first, trying to figure out why the young filly wasn't absolutely terrified by my existence. I finally reasoned that the Bridle gossip had already taken place. I eventually found the courage to speak, but only seemed to sputter out a weak. "I think so." I noticed two more similarly sized fillies conversing with each other behind Applebloom, realizing only seconds later that they were non-other than Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

Seconds later I see them turn towards me and then I hear Sweetie Bell ask me a question “Who are you and what are you doing here?”

however before I have a chance to answer the question I hear Scootaloo suddenly say “You'll never get a reply out of him that way, let me have a go” instantly, she turned to me “Hey freak who are you and what are you are you doing here” she threatened.

I instantly turn my head towards her and without thinking and said one thing I immediately regret “What did you just call me!” I said, my voice was much louder than it normally would be. I suddenly see the three of them start to take slow steps away from me, I quickly being to calm down. Instantly I turn back to them to apologize “Wait!” I shout again and they slowly turn around and look once again at me. “Sorry about that, that word gets me angry a bit easily. Please forgive me for that I have horrible memories from my past from being called that. Ok, first of all, I'd prefer it if you just called me Craig and to answer your question I'm afraid that I don't know where here is... never mind, I don’t know what I am doing here”

After I finished I saw them look at me and slowly begin to smile however before they can say anything else to me I see a purple unicorn appear from the crowd and walk towards me. I had already known this was Twilight, but strangely I didn't feel as safe as I did when I saw here in the show, instead she just stared at me angrily. At that moment, I thought of looks could kill I don't think I'd be here much longer. I then start looking around frantically looking for something I could use to protect myself, but I find nothing but a guitar and my bag I use to carry my laptop around. It suddenly hits me that I could try to sing. Without thinking, I just reached around me for it and grabbed the guitar that was normally in my room back home but strangely I never remembered having it with me when this started never mind learning how to play it. Suddenly though I felt like I knew how to play it and I slowly reached towards it and tried to think of a song that would fit. I could only remember one song and the tune on the guitar and instantly began singing that song. This song happened to be My Demons by Starset.

After I finished there was a stunned silence I didn't know why to start with until I noticed all of the ponies surrounding me back away. I slowly turned around and gasped as I look directly towards the last pony I expected to see... Princess Celestia.

As I look towards her I tried to think of something, anything I could do to apologize to her but I couldn't then all of a sudden my hand started to glow and as I looked at it I could see a Green ring on my finger that was glowing in a radiant green glow. The only thing I could think was I just looked at my hand in amazement as I realized what I was wearing a Green Power Ring as far as I could remember I didn't have one when I was dragged from my home to here. I knew these were from the DC comic universe more specifically a comic called Green Lantern.

The Princess looked at me with her purple eyes “who are you? What are you doing in Equestria? and what is that on you?” She pointed to the ring on my finger.

I looked up at her and answered. "firstly my name is Craig and I am a human as far as I know I am the only one of my kind here and in response to this" I pointed towards the ring on my hand "I have no idea what it even is, I didn't even come here with it just appeared out of thin air"

After that, she stopped the spell she was going to cast and I looked at her believing that I was actually safe. Suddenly I felt a massive jolt pain shoot through my back as I slowly collapsed to the ground. As I looked behind me I could see that twilight had hit me in the back with some sort of spell. All I could do was say one word "Why?"

Twilight then said to me "you scared my friends"

After that, all I could hear was Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom trying to tell her that I had apologized to them. I then saw her horn glow and enveloping me in a bright lavender glow as my body began to levitate off the ground as she said one last thing to me "I'm sorry about this; I hope you can forgive me"

I began to worry as she began to take me to who knows where. great I guess that's how not to make friends. I thought, and then my vision faded into blackness.

Author's Note:

So this is the start to my first story I really would like to hear any Improvements, criticism, advice or even just your opinions on how I did.

Thank You

The Dark Brony

(Thank you to TheFishyNach0, Bikerpon3 and yackaro for the input I used to improve this chapter)