• Published 25th Feb 2015
  • 2,037 Views, 147 Comments

Getting Back to Good - FlufferNutters



Life can throw things at you that you don't expect. It's up to you to take the first steps. This is Peanut Butter's journey. (This takes place in the Equestria Girls universe)

  • ...
5
 147
 2,037

Changes (edited)

The morning sun rises over Canterlot as it's light peeks through the spaces between the curtains in Peanut Butter's room one of the beams of light hits his face. He rolls over in the bed, groaning afterwards as he falls off the bed hitting the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow!" Peanut Butter shouts after hitting the floor.

Just as he gets back up there is a knock on his door.

"Are you ok in there P.B.?" Luna asks.

Peanut Butter rubs his head and groans looking at the door.

"Yeah I'm okay."

"It's late in the morning, I'll make us breakfast can you please get ready, we are going to the mall to get you new clothes."

Peanut Butter gets the other set of clothes he wore yesterday and his towel and goes to the bathroom and relaxes his shoulders as there is still steam on the mirror and the sink and tub are still wet from Luna's shower. He shrugs and takes his shower not wasting anytime.

After about five minutes he gets out of the shower and gets dressed. He places his clothes in his room on the bed and the towel back on the chair. He enters the kitchen to see Luna cooking.

"Well good morning sleepy head." Luna says in a cheerful voice.

Peanut Butter just groans and gives her a blank look before sitting down. Luna sighs and serves him a breakfast of two over easy eggs, a few slices of bacon and buttered toast. He looks at his food for a couple minutes before taking a piece of toast and breaking the yolk of an egg and eating it.

Luna makes her breakfast and sits down to eat.

As they eat Luna's phone rings next to her. She picks it up and answers it. Peanut Butter pays no mind to her conversation and finishes eating. As he puts his plate away Luna hangs up and finishes her breakfast as well. Luna picks up her purse and puts on her shoes.

"Come on P.B. let's get going." Luna says as she gets her car keys out.

"What's with the abbreviation of my name?"

"It's better than saying your full name all the time and saying your first name would be awkward to you wouldn't it?"

"You do have a point there I guess."

They both leave the apartment and go to the car. Peanut Butter gets in the car and puts on his seat belt. Luna gets in as well before she puts on her seat belt and starting the car before driving to the mall. Peanut Butter stares out the window through out the drive staying silent outside the occasional sigh. They reach the mall and park a good distance away from the mall.

They both get out of the car and make their way inside and are greeted by Celestia and Sunset Shimmer in front of them, though distanced by about thirty feet. Peanut Butter's face turns from bored to displeased seeing them. He looks to Luna with the same look.

"You knew about this didn't you?" Peanut Butter inquires.

"Yes I did, I thought it would be nice for us to get acquainted with you in less stressful and dramatic circumstances."

“Fine.”

They meet with Celestia and Sunset Shimmer. Sunset gives Luna a quick hug before walking into the mall. She and Peanut Butter walk ahead of Luna and Celestia before she looks at him.

"How are you feeling P.B.?" Sunset asks.

"You too with the nickname? But to answer your question I'm okay."

"Luna and Celestia asked me to call you that, though to be honest it does sound pretty cool."

"She's just full of surprises, so why are you with Celestia?"

"Well she did adopt me not too long after the fall formal, though I don't like saying that to many people, I don't want to be labeled as 'special' or anything like that."

"I see."

"So how did last night go?"

"Nothing happened, I ate, took a shower and went to sleep."

"Some ball of fun you are."

"Whatever."

Peanut Butter and Sunset Shimmer walk into a clothing store with Luna and Celestia behind them. Peanut Butter looks at the clothes the store has. Though sees nothing and leaves. Over the day they go to every clothing store in the mall throughout the day. Leaving each store with nothing.

They all agree to get food at a restaurant in the mall. They are all seated as the waitress takes their drink orders. Peanut Butter looks down at the table holding his head up with his hand while Celestia, Luna and Sunset Shimmer text each other about Peanut Butter and with how he's been acting throughout the day so far without him knowing. After their drinks come, Luna asks for a few more minutes to order. Sunset turns to Peanut Butter and places her hand on his shoulder.

"I know it's hard for you to get back into living the life you had before what, happened, but we're only trying to help, but we can't unless you help yourself." Sunset says in a sincere tone.

Peanut Butter glares at her with flared nostrils before slamming his fist on the table.

"You think I don't know that?, you try having your entire world destroyed and still picking up the pieces after five years just to be put in a situation you'd rather avoid and accepting is the only option that doesn't land you in a cell."

Sunset takes her hand off his shoulder as her eye go wide and her breath starts to pick up. Peanut Butter looks away from her and sighs while grabbing his arm, his fist still clenched as it shakes.

"Sorry. I, I didn't mean to snap like that."

Sunset stays silent. She looks down to the table. Just then a muscular teen with blonde hair comes up to the table with a Wondercolts sports jacket on. He looks at Peanut Butter with a look of disgust.

"Well, well, well what do we have here?, the street rat in here?, what is this world coming to?" He mocks in a stuck up tone of voice.

"Not today Blue Balls."

"It's BlueBlood street rat, besides I told you to never come here again months ago."

"Oh really?, I probably forgot, but I'm surprised you remembered me Bluey, I'm flattered, honestly."

BlueBlood's face turns red and raises his fist before Luna stops him by grabbing his raised fist. She glares at him with a protective stare.

"You lay one hand on him and you will have to deal with me, do I make myself clear?" Luna says in an angered tone.

Blueblood struggles for a second and backs off.

"Yes ma'am, but he should watch his back, I'll take whatever chance I get to teach this street rat who is the boss in this town."

Luna lets go of Blueblood before he leaves. She sighs and looks at Peanut Butter.

"You're lucky I'm around, he would have fought you right here." Luna says.

Peanut Butter glares at Luna.

"I can handle myself, it wouldn’t the first time I have gotten into a fight with him, broke his arm the last time, his neck will be next."

"What makes you think you could take him on this time?"

"I'll find a way, I always do."

"You know one of these days your attitude is going to get you either severely hurt or killed."

"I'm aware of that, but I've been fighting for five years, it would take a lot more than some punk jock to kill me."

Luna sighs and looks at the menu as Celestia looks at Luna with concern then to Sunset who is slowly relaxing as her breathing slows down and her shoulders relax. She turns her head to Peanut Butter who is looking away from the rest of the group.

The waitress comes back to take their orders and leaves after they give her their orders. They stay quiet for the rest of the time at the restaurant.

After they eat and pay their bill and walk back to the car is silent and the day's venture unsuccessful. Celestia and Sunset followed Luna and Peanut Butter to Luna's car. Peanut Butter quietly gets in and shuts the door. Celestia puts her hand on Luna's shoulder and smiles.

"It'll be ok Luna, its only the first day, I'm not surprised he still has a bit of fight left in him, give him time he'll come around eventually." Celestia says.

"I know, I just didn't expect him to snap like that to Sunset, how are you feeling by the way?"

Luna looks at Sunset Shimmer with a look of concern.

"I'm okay, still a little shaken though, but I'll be okay."

"That's good, but I still have to get clothes for him, I thought bringing him here would do it, but apparently that’s not the case."

"Remember he was on the streets for five years, what something looks like probably doesn't matter that much to him, there is a thrift store not too far from here as well as that new discount store to get him things that he can't get at the thrift store, and a barber in there for a haircut and a shave, I have some teaching books you can use to help him catch up once he's admitted into the school." Celestia says.

Luna smiles at Celestia and gives her a hug.

"Thank you sister."

"Anytime Luna, I can recall how Sunset was when I first took her in, though she was more regretful than aggressive and stubborn."

Sunset blushes at the remark Celestia made.

Luna nods in agreement. She gives her goodbyes to Celestia and Sunset Shimmer before getting in her car and heads to the thrift shop down the street. Peanut Butter is still quiet and not making eye contact with Luna. He sighs occasionally as well as the subtle shaking of his head. They park at the thrift store parking lot. Luna looks at Peanut Butter with concern. The expression on his face distant and sad. Luna conflicts with herself unsure what to do or say. One side of her feels to leave him alone. Another side of her feels she should embrace him and tell him everything will be alright. She goes with the side to embrace him and hugs him close to her. Peanut Butter's eyes go wide in shock as soon as Luna hugs him.

"It'll be okay, Sunset told me that she’s fine, just a bit shaken still, you don’t need to feel guilty about it, now let's get you some new clothes and a few other things and we'll go home, maybe watch movies if you would like, do you like movies?" Luna offers.

A small smile shows on Peanut Butter's face though Luna cannot see it. He sighs lightly before turning his head towards her.

"Sure, that would be nice."

Luna smiles before she lets Peanut Butter go from her embrace and the both get out to head inside. He picks out a few pairs of jeans and some shirts, most of them black though some are grey or blue. He also gets four hoodies one brown, two black and one grey.

They pay for the clothes and head to the discount store near by for everything else he needs to get. There wasn't much conversation between them other than for second opinions.

After Peanut Butter's haircut and shave he and Luna go back to the car and head home.

They arrive at the apartment and enter with bags of clothes in hand Peanut Butter opens the door to his room and places them down and notices a brown messenger bag on his bed. He picks it up and notices something inside it. He looks inside and sees two notebooks & writing supplies. His eyes go wide as Luna stands in the doorway. Peanut Butter turns to see her standing there with a smirk on her face.

"Hope you like it, Celestia got it after we left, I thought since you like to write you would enjoy the notebooks and pencils, after your doctor appointment Monday you're going to be enrolled into classes at CHS, you'll be caught up with your studies by me during study halls. I will try to get you into the same classes as your friends and Sunset to help you transition into the school life." Luna says.

Peanut Butter smiles a bit. Luna does the same as she sees him smile.

"Thanks for everything." Peanut Butter says.

"You're welcome, how about we order pizza and watch some movies?"

"Sure, no red sauce though."

"Sure, what is it with you and not eating red sauce? Allergic to something?"

"Yeah, I'm deathly allergic to tomatoes."

"I'll remember that."

Luna leaves the doorway and orders the pizza while Peanut Butter takes his shampoo and new pajamas and towel before entering the bathroom to take a shower.

Later that night Luna looks over to see Peanut Butter fast asleep on the couch. She smiles and gets a near by blanket and wrapping him up in it before turning off the TV. She smiles before turning off the light and going to her room.

Luna gets into bed and lays her head on the pillow, smiling softly.

“There maybe hope for you yet P.B., even if you don’t know it yet.” She admits to herself in a whisper.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading the latest chapter of this story. I'm trying a couple new things format wise so let me know how it is and also let me know of errors that I missed.