• Published 25th Feb 2015
  • 2,033 Views, 147 Comments

Getting Back to Good - FlufferNutters



Life can throw things at you that you don't expect. It's up to you to take the first steps. This is Peanut Butter's journey. (This takes place in the Equestria Girls universe)

  • ...
5
 147
 2,033

Family and Peace (Edited)

As the weeks pass, Luna moves into Celestia’s home due to raising rent with the adoption hearing near, it was best for them.

The sun rises over Canterlot as Peanut Butter sits on the roof right outside of the window to his room, facing the sun. He sees the light creep its way over the rooftops and buildings as it hits his face. He closes his eyes as the sunlight hits his body. He sighs and smiles before opening his eyes and taking a container out of his jacket pocket and taking out a toothpick and sticking part of it in his mouth. He hears a knock coming from his door.

"P.B., time to get up." Luna shouts.

"I know, I'm already up and dressed."

"Remember that today we are leaving classes early to go to the courthouse, so pack your nice clothes in another bag."

"Okay."

"Good, we're leaving in a few minutes."

Peanut Butter climbs back into his room through his window. He looks at the picture, card, and gift his family gave him before the crash sitting on his desk. He smiles and picks up the gift.

“I guess it’s time.” He admits as he unwraps the present.

Under it is a white box with stains on it, he lifts the lid and sees a leather bound notebook wrapped in plastic. He takes it out of the box and plastic as he brushes his hand over the cover, he feels the imprint of a tree on the cover and opens it. Inside is a handwritten note on the first page.

I didn’t have many stories or adventures growing up, write yours down and have a few good adventures and stories to tell, I want to hear them all. Love, Dad

Peanut Butter’s eyes well up as he puts the notebook in his bag. He then picks up the card and opens it. The card is red with spots all over and is faded in other parts. He carefully opens it and sees the side, a note handwritten on one side.

I hope this day brings you many smiles and times of joy, we will always love you, forever and more. Love Mom, Dad, and Strike Out

He sets the card down as tears run down his cheek and wiping them away before getting his book bag to leave. He exits his room and goes downstairs to be greeted by Luna, Celestia and Sunset Shimmer. He gets into Luna’s car with Luna already in the driver’s seat and head to the school.

On the way there they drive past the cemetery Peanut Butter's family is buried, his right eye faintly glows he smiles a bit before they pull into the parking lot of the school. They get out and go inside the school.

Once inside they head to the office so Sunset and Peanut Butter can drop off their clothes for later in Luna's and Celestia's office. Sunset and Peanut Butter walk to the front and sit on the steps in the quiet morning. Peanut Butter looks out towards the courtyard, a smirk on his face as the sun is positioned at the top of the statue. Sunset smiles at him before putting her hand on his shoulder.

"You look happier than usual." Sunset mentions.

"Wouldn't you be if you knew you were going to be a part of a family?"

"You're right on that."

"I never bothered to ask, but how was living with Celestia at first?"

"Living with mom was hard at first, it was after the fall formal where I screwed up hard and was given the same situation as you were."

"What about at home?"

"It was hard with adjusting to her schedule, I can't remember how many times I made her late."

"So what changed?"

"I realized that she cares and that I was in a much better place than back in Equestria, I might have been born there, but this is home for me."

"I'm starting to think that too."

"So how are you and Applejack doing?"

"Oh we're doing great."

"That's great."

"Yeah, still can’t believe it.”

"I bet, you have a nice girl."

"Yeah."

"It's been how long since I came here?"

"About eight months give or take a week or two."

"In a short time that's for sure."

"Yeah."

In the distance Applejack, Twilight and Rarity are seen walking through the courtyard. Applejack sits next to Peanut Butter and embraces him in a hug as he gets up to hug her back before everyone walks inside. They sit on a bench near the entrance with Applejack hugging Peanut Butter close and smiling, he places one of his arms behind her on her shoulders. He looks at Rarity with a smirk on his face.

"Thanks for picking out the outfit for today Rarity, it means a lot." Peanut Butter thanks.

"You're welcome P.B., it was the least I can do."

The bell rings as they all go their own way to class with Applejack giving Peanut Butter a peck on the cheek before rushing to class.

The day goes by quickly as it came as it was lunch period already with Sunset and Peanut Butter heading towards the main office. Sunset smiles towards him and pats his shoulder.

"It's almost time, nervous?" Sunset asks.

"A bit, but I'll be okay."

"Good, just remember we'll be with you."

"Yeah, I can't believe it's happening."

"It's a great feeling honestly."

"How so?"

"You'll see."

"If you say so."

They both enter the main office and meet with Celestia and Luna. Peanut Butter picks up his bag and goes to the bathroom near by to get dressed. He comes back with a black suit with a grey undershirt with a dark emerald tie with black dress shoes. Luna smiles and hugs him tight.

"You look great P.B." Luna compliments.

"Thanks mom."

"How are you feeling?"

"I was fine earlier, but now, a bit uneasy."

"You're going through a big step in your life, I'd be worried if you weren't nervous."

Peanut Butter smiles and looks at her, eyes wide with his trademark smirk.

"Yeah."

"Now let's get going, we're about to be late."

They both leave the school and go into the car and head to the courthouse.

On the way there Peanut Butter fidgets in his seat, his hand continuously rubbing each other, as if he is washing his hands.

Luna stops at a red light and turns her head towards him and sees it. She relaxes her shoulders and places her hand on his shoulder.

He looks at her for a quick second before turning his head back squinting his eyes and looking away.

"It'll be okay P.B." Luna assures him.

"I know, but I still feel like something will happen that will take this all away."

"That's nerves P.B., it'll be alright."

"If you say so."

Luna sighs and smirks slightly before the light turns green and she drives.

They get to the courthouse and get out of the car and head inside.

When they get inside, they see Celestia and Sunset waiting outside the courtroom.

"Well, this is it." Sunset says.

"Yeah,"

Peanut Butter sighs.

"Let's do this."

Luna nods before they all enter the court room.

The judge sits behind her bench and looks over papers.

"So Mr. Butter, you are to be adopted my Ms. Solstice, anything you would like to say?" The judge asks.

Peanut Butter nods though stays silent for a few seconds and looks towards the judge.

"I can honestly say, this is the best for me, after I lost my family, I ran away to places unheard of to me at the time, I came back here months ago before the winter set in so I could see my family's grave on the anniversary of their passing, After a bit of, negotiating,"

He looks at Sunset and Celestia with a small smirk and a quick chuckle before looking back at the judge.

"I found myself in Luna's home and eventually family, With her help and help from new found and reunited friends I started to turn onto the right path, while I had a few falls and stumbles along the way, Luna and everyone else picked me up, I've changed into a new person because of her."

The judge looks at him for a minute and then at the papers in front of her.

"Well, your visits have checked out that you have been taken care of above and beyond the minimum requirements, I, Judge Fair Trial, and the city of Canterlot, make this adoption official, congratulations."

The judge hits her gavel on the desk as cheers fill the room. Peanut Butter looks and sees his friends in the seats behind him. He smiles with tears welling up in his eyes.

They soon leave the room and head outside where Peanut Butter is greeted with a group hug from his friends.

"I'm glad you guys are happy for me and probably have something planned for me, but there's something I want to do, alone first." Peanut Butter explains.

Luna looks at him with a soft smile and guides him to her car.

Luna drives to a cemetery and stops at the gate.

"Take all the time you need." She says as she parks and shuts off the car in a parking space not far from the entrance.

"Thanks."

Peanut Butter goes to his family's headstone and stands in front of it. He smiles towards it.

"I hope you're smiling right now, this is something you guys probably wanted, right?" He says.

A small breeze blows on his back, causing him to smile.

"I'll take that as a yes, I finally opened the card and present, thank you." He thanks as he gets up.

"Even though I have a new family, you will always be my family, I hope to see you again soon."

Just then the wind blew towards Luna in a gust. Peanut Butter giggles at this.

"I take it dad is happy to see her."

Clouds hang over the sky as they quickly darken and it starts to drizzle. He smiles and looks up.

"I love you too, I gotta go, but I'll visit soon." He says before jogging to the car and getting in.

He puts on his seat belt and looks back at the graveyard. Luna smiles at this before starting the car.

"Did you have a nice visit?" She asks.

"Yeah, yeah I did."

"Ready for spring break?"

"Hell yeah."

"Alright, let's go!"

Luna pulls out of the parking lot and heads down the road towards the highway as Peanut Butter lays back in his seat, smiling as the building and trees pass by. He smiles as they head to Celestia’s house.

When they reach her house they see Celestia and Sunset changed and packing the car. Sunset looks their direction and waves with a smile on her face, followed by Celestia.

“Are you two ready?” Celestia asks.

“Ready as we’ll ever be, just need to change.” Luna answers.

Luna parks her car in the garage before she and Peanut Butter gets out and go upstairs.

About ten minutes later they come back down in more seasonal clothes. Peanut Butter in jeans, a t shirt, plad short sleeve button down, and sneakers.

Luna has jean shorts, a band tshirt, and sandals.

They both have their bags with them and head to the car and place them in.

“Let’s get this family road trip started!” Sunset shouts as she gets in.

“Yeah.”

Celestia locks up the house and gets in before starting the car and backing up and leaving towards the highway.

Else where in a dimly lit room, a woman in shadows sits in her office, rocking in her chair before picking up her phone and dialing.

“It’s time.” She says before hanging up.

Author's Note:

Here it is folks, the end. It was fun writing this and I hope you will enjoy the sequel Turning Back the Clock.

Let’s end this story with a great song shall we?

Comments ( 4 )

Sadly I can only give this one like so have a moustache :moustache:

8430633
Glad you enjoyed the ending. Turning Back the Clock will release VERY soon. So his adventures aren’t over yet.

......... Why do I feel a disturbance in the harmony with those last two sentences? :twilightoops:

8432405
Dunno, check out Turning Back the Clock to find out :raritywink:

Login or register to comment