• Published 25th Feb 2015
  • 2,037 Views, 147 Comments

Getting Back to Good - FlufferNutters



Life can throw things at you that you don't expect. It's up to you to take the first steps. This is Peanut Butter's journey. (This takes place in the Equestria Girls universe)

  • ...
5
 147
 2,037

Rest (edited)

Peanut Butter stares at his family as tears roll down his cheeks. His mother and father smile before he runs to them and hugs them tight in his embrace. They hug him back and hold him close smiling as they rest their heads on his head.

"I missed you guys so much." Peanut Butter cries.

"There, there son, it's okay, we're here for you, we always have been." His mother says.

"You have?"

"Of course we have, we have been watching over you and while some of the choices you made aren't something we are happy with, we still love you."

"I've been so alone all these years, I don't know how to cope."

"It's okay kiddo, your mother and I understand." His father says.

His father kneels next to Peanut Butter and hugs him tight.

"My little man is growing up, you couldn't be in better hands than Luna's you know."

"Really?"

"Yes, you were originally supposed to be in her care after the crash, but we didn't get the paperwork filled out."

Peanut Butter looks at him with tears flowing down his cheeks.

"Huh?" Peanut Butter asks.

"That's right, she's a good family friend and would have taken great care of you right after the crash, I bet she has taken good care of you if you are where you were before all this happened."

"She has dad, she has."

"Good, I saw you gave her a bit of trouble and still do give her trouble here and there, cut her some slack okay kiddo?"

"Yeah dad, I will."

"That's our good boy."

Just then a light can be seen in the distance. Peanut Butter looks up and sees the light. He looks at his family then back to the light and then back to them. Tears well up at the bottom of his eyes as his parents smile towards him.

"Go on son, go home, we'll always be here and will be seeing you in the end of it all." Home Run says.

"But what about you guys?"

"We'll be here for you champ."

Peanut Butter gets up and smiles before hugging his mother and then his father and lastly his little brother.

"I'm gonna miss you guys." Peanut Butter says before turning towards the light.

"We'll miss you too, tell Luna I said hi."

"I will dad."

"Good boy."

Peanut Butter looks back at them as a tear runs down his cheek before he runs towards the light. As he does, light wraps around him as he hears the sound of beeping and faint voices around him.

Luna sits in the hospital room on a chair next to Peanut Butter looking over him seeing the tubes and wires on him hooked up to multiple monitors with a beep every few seconds. She places her hand on top of his head and runs her fingers through his hair and sighs.

"It'll be okay, it will all be okay." Luna repeats weakly.

"I know it will mom." He wheezes softly.

Luna jumps back seeing Peanut Butter open his eye then turning his head to see her. Tears start running down her cheeks before hugging him. She gets back up and calls over a nurse. Suddenly the room is flooded with three nurses and a doctor. The nurses look over the machines and check over Peanut Butter. The doctor comes over to Peanut Butter and looks over the papers on his clipboard.

"Well young man, you must have had a good guardian angel looking over you since you're alive, let alone awake." The doctor says.

"Yeah, I guess I do."

"Don't talk, you're still weak and need all the energy you have."

Peanut Butter nods.

"I'll be back later to talk to your guardian more."

The doctor leaves along with the nurses as Luna looks at Peanut Butter with a small smile as tears well up under her eyes.

"Dad says hi by the way." Peanut Butter mentions.

"You actually saw him?"

"Yeah, he said I was supposed to go to you after the crash and that he hoped that you are taking good care of me."

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him I couldn't be in better hands."

"Good, if you said otherwise I would have had to smack you around a bit."

Peanut Butter chuckles a bit before coughing, "Yeah, it was a crazy experience, also ow."

"Take it easy P.B."

He nods with a smile on his face.

"I will."

"Good."

"Did they find Blueballs?"

"They haven't found him yet."

"Slippery bastard, someone will find him."

"Yeah, it won't be you though, you're lucky that you are alive."

"I told him it would be hard to kill me, case in point."

"Now is not the time for jokes, P.B., you could have died back there."

"But I didn't."

"I swear you are like your father."

"How so?"

"He got into a huge fight and he wouldn't quit, even after a broken arm."

"Damn he was hardcore."

"No, he was stubborn about the risks and didn't care about his safety, like you."

"Oh."

"Look, I know you were looking out for your friend, but diving in like that was insane and to be honest, pretty stupid."

Peanut Butter looks away.

"I know it was stupid, but I'd rather suffer than my friends."

"They've suffered enough P.B.."

"I know, I tried not to, but I had no choice, it could have been A.J. in here instead of me and I wouldn't forgive myself."

"How do you think I feel or how she feels?"

"The same most likely."

"Yes, I've been worried sick about you for days."

He stays silent. He looks around to see balloons in the room. He looks to his left at an end table and sees cards and flowers from many people. Just then there is a knock on the door.

"Luna, are you in here?" The person asks.

"Yes I'm here."

Celestia is seen entering the room as Peanut Butter waves his hand weakly from his bed. Celestia smiles as she goes back out and comes back with Sunset. Sunset looks to see him awake and smiles wide before hugging him.

"Ow, I missed you too Sunset, ow." Peanut Butter says.

Sunset lets go with her hands over her mouth and nose.

"Oh I'm so sorry P.B., I'm just happy you're alive."

"I'm glad you are Sunset, just try to be more careful next time you want to hug me to death."

"Okay."

"But it is good to see you Sunset."

"Yeah it is, how are you feeling?"

"I ache all over and I'm thirsty as hell."

Peanut Butter takes a glass of water and drinks the water in the glass before setting it down.

"I'm gonna tell the girls that you're awake."

"Just tell A.J. and Rares, they'll want to know more than the others."

Sunset smiles before looking towards her phone and holding it to her ear.

"Hey A.J., it's me, what's up?" Sunset asks.

"Well that's good to hear."

"Yeah, hey, someone wants to say something."

Sunset holds the phone towards Peanut Butter.

"Hey A.J., what's up?" Peanut Butter says weakly.

Just then a loud scream can be heard from the phone.

"I think that went over well." He says before he coughs.

"How long until she gets here?"

"Knowing her, five minutes."

"I think you're over estimating her P.B.."

"I've known her for much longer, trust me, she's a speed demon who can give Rainbow a run for her money."

"Want to make a bet?"

“Bet you ten bucks.”

“Twenty.”

“Deal.”

Peanut Butter turns his head towards Celestia.

"So how are things?" He asks.

"Things are coming along, we still haven't found Blueblood yet, Auburn Sky probably has him hidden somewhere."

"Probably, the bastard will get what is coming to him sooner or later."

"Let the police handle it P.B.."

"I will."

"Good, you have enough to worry about as it is."

"Yeah, I do, how long have I been out of it?"

"Would you believe me if I said two weeks?"

"No, it felt like a few minutes to me."

"Well it's true."

"Wow, do I need to be caught up on anything news wise?"

"The school was closed for a couple days after you were attacked and there was a fundraiser concert for you as well."

"Damn, would have loved to see that."

"We recorded it so you can when you woke up."

"Thanks."

"Other than that, nothing much."

"Ah, any work I missed can be brought here."

"You're in no condition to be doing schoolwork P.B., you just woke up from a coma."

"I'd rather do schoolwork than be bored out of my mind."

Celestia chuckles before sighing with a smile.

"I see your point, I'll collect the work and we can work from there."

"Thanks."

Just then the sound of loud footsteps and shouting is heard in the hallway As Peanut Butter, Sunset, Luna, and Celestia look towards the door of the room. The shouts quickly get louder as the source of the noise enters the room to reveal it was Applejack.

"Holy shit A.J.." Peanut Butter says.

"Well I can't believe it." Sunset comments.

"Told you, I win."

"Damnit."

Applejack comes to Peanut Butter's left side with tears welling up under her eyes.

"Ya idiot, ya damn idiot." Applejack mumbles under her breath.

Peanut Butter looks away and sighs as his left eye squints.

"I know, I was stupid for doing what I did and I'm sorry for scaring you like that."

"Don't you ever do something that damn stupid ever again P.B.!"

Sunset, Luna, and Celestia leave the room leaving Applejack and Peanut Butter alone.

"I won't A.J., this was a one time thing."

"Good, cause I dunno what I would do if I lost ya again."

"Same goes for you, I'd probably go insane if I lost you, you can sit down if you want."

Applejack nods and takes a chair before returning to Peanut Butter's side.

"Why did ya do it P.B.?"

"Because you were in danger and I knew what he wanted, I didn't want you to be the one in this bed."

"It was still stupid."

"Yeah, not the first time I heard that A.J.."

"It won't be the last either."

"I figured."

Applejack blushes a deep red before scratching the back of her neck. With a gulp of air and a sigh she looks at Peanut Butter with misty eyes.

"Look, P.B., I'm gonna say something and I want you to stay quiet, it's hard fer me to say it as it is, but I, I, oh damnit, I love you P.B., there I said it." Applejack admits.

Peanut Butter stays silent as his face blushes deep red.

"P.B., look, ever since we were kids we clicked so well and always looked out for each other, you have my back and I had yours."

He nods.

"That day before Thanksgivin' break made me realize that my feelings are real." She explains.

"A.J., are you serious?"

"I never have been more serious in my life."

"Good, the last thing I want is to be lied to and have my heart shattered again."

"I take it that happened to you?"

"Yeah, my friend Cherry Blossom."

"Ah'm sorry about that."

"Thanks."

"So, how do ya feel about me?"

"It's hard to say right now, I just got out of a coma and then I get slammed with a lot of information on top of this, but since you're serious about this, it wouldn't hurt giving us a try."

Applejack puts her hands over her mouth and nose as tears well up along the bottom of her eyes and gets up before gently hugging him.

"Thank ya so much P.B., I have ta get back home, but I'll visit ya tommorah."

"I would like that A.J.."

She kisses him on the forehead before leaving. Just as she leaves, Sunset, Celestia, and Luna enter the room and sit down looking at him with smiles on their faces. Peanut Butter blushes and looks at them.

"How much of that did you hear?" Peanut Butter asks.

"All of it." Sunset answers.

"Well shit, cat is out of the bag."

"That it is." Luna says.

Peanut Butter turns his head towards Sunset.

"Did you get a hold of Rares?" He asks.

"Yeah, but she can't come here until tomorrow."

"Ah."

Just then the doctor comes back in and takes the chart out of the slot at the end of the bed.

"Alright P.B., I'm going to look you over and look at that eye of yours, so if you can sit up for me that would be great." He says.

Peanut Butter slowly sits up and sits up on the side of the bed. The doctor checks his reflexes and his left eye before moving on to the wounds on his chest and left arm before looking at the cast on his right arm.

"Alright P.B., time for the moment of truth and check your right eye." The doctor says.

"Okay."

The doctor unwraps the dressing and removes the patch to reveal a scar going over his eyebrow and the top part of his cheek. Luna, Celestia, Sunset gasp.

"Now try to open your eyelid." The doctor instructs.

Peanut Butter slowly opens his eyelid, only to shut it instantly and open it again. He slowly opens it to reveal that the iris of his eye is now a emerald green as he looks back at them. Everyone gasps again. Peanut Butter raises his eyebrow at them.

"What?" He asks.