• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 3,925 Views, 103 Comments

Doing Hurtful Things to My Waifu - Cocaine



Ever wondered how to properly ruin a relationship?

  • ...
44
 103
 3,925

Step one: Talk to Other Ponies

There are six easy steps to properly ruining a relationship. I performed these first-hoof and gathered superb results. As a proper guide, I will explain in chronological order so there's no confusion. Step one: Talking To Other Ponies, Step two: Avoiding Eye Contact, Step three: Hitting Her, Step four: Insulting her, Step five: Telling Her I Hate Her, and the final step: Break Up.

Without further a-do...Let's begin.


I myself was seated across Rainbow Dash, who I had been seeing for the past year now. I couldn't recall the exact date we had gotten together, where it was, or which one of us had made the first move.

I don't even remember how I met her.

She was, in all sense of the phrase, "Out of my league", or as I've been told. Athletic, intelligent, beautiful and all-around a wanted pony, maybe they were right.

At that moment though, sitting with her in the back at Sugarcube Corner, that idea hadn't crossed my mind once. Can't say the same for her.

"You like your sundae?" Rainbow asked with cheeky smile.

"Uhh," I began, taking another spoonful. "Yeah."

She kept the same smile as she took a bite out of her velvet muffin. "Mmm, Pinkshie ish the besh."

I nodded in agreement absentmindedly, where as my real focus was elsewhere. Mainly, the mare in mention, Pinkie. She was standing behind the counter, handing out cupcakes, milkshakes, and other goodies I couldn't for the life of me remember the name's of.

"Soooo," Rainbow began, attracting my attention. She still smiled with innocence. "You thinking about getting a job soon?"

I sighed in response. I'll get one when I get one. I nodded slowly and took another sip of my sundae. "Yeah. Bartending maybe. I don't know."

"Oh, that's good! I wouldn't mind getting a few drinks with ya," She smirked mischievously, which I returned with faked enthusiasm. "I was thinking about going into the weather committee. Maybe do some volunteer work and stuff. The Wonderbolts apparently really like ponies that advocate for themselves, and I re-"

And here we go again...I thought to myself with a quiet, controlled sigh. I looked around the room with my peripherals, seeing Pinkie make her way near our general area. I wasn't sure if she was going to somepony else's table or not, but with a wave of my hoof, she practically came running.

Rainbow Dash's smile faded.

"Yeah," I started as Pinkie came to our table with a bright smile. "I was hoping for another sundae?" I gestured to my half-empty beverage.

She nodded quickly and said, "Okie dokie!"

I smiled as she practically skated across the marble floor. Turning back to my date, I was met with a hurt stare.

"That was rude," She said with her magenta eyes pouring over me.

That is not what I need right now. I complained with a sigh. "I was just asking for a refill," I explained with no emotion.

Rainbow's lips went into a very weak smile. "Yeah, I guess I'm just overreacting," Her smile then made a full recovery and she took another bit of her cupcake.

"It's fine," I said, taking my final sip of the sundae before getting up. "Come on, I'm tired and I want to go to sleep."

Rainbow stared at me and slowly got up. "Oh...uhm, okay."

I sighed, seeing Pinkie Pie return with my sundae and said, "Oh! You're leaving?"

We nodded.

"Would you like it to go?"

"Nah," I said before Rainbow Dash could. "Enjoy yourself." I then gave her some bits and trotted towards the door with a disappointed, confused and hurt Rainbow Dash behind me.