• Published 12th Feb 2015
  • 2,879 Views, 52 Comments

Am I Over You? - Autistic Writer



Applejack broke up with Spike, now Spike and Rarity are close to getting married. Will Applejack regret the decision long enough to will him over?

  • ...
15
 52
 2,879

The Unsuspected Problem

Am I Over You?

Chapter 2: The Unsuspected Problem

“Applejack, it’s time to wake up.” Granny Smith called from the kitchen.

Applejack heard the yelling of her grandmother and her eyes lit open. Usually in the mornings, she would be greeted with breakfast in bed by Spike. It was always so romantic that he would be a proper gentledrake by bringing the food to her. How he would sit beside her and help feed her despite the fact that she could feed herself. However, since their emotional break up, AJ didn’t have that luxury.

“That’s right, we broke up.” AJ sighed as she realized his absent. "Well, he shouldn't have cheated on me in the first place."

She fixed her hair and put her hat on. Applejack didn’t have time to dwell on the sadness of her break up. There was much work to be done at the farm. Applejack took off with great speed towards the lower level of her home.


Applejack made her way downstairs when she noticed her family’s stares on her as she was the center of attention. Applejack raised a brow wondering why she was so special to have her immediate family stare at her in such a peculiar. “Is everything alright?”

“Yup.” Big Mac nodded quickly before he rushed outside. He didn’t want to confront Applejack upon what happened a year ago. He knew how upset she would be if they started to talk about her love life.

Granny Smith looks at Applebloom and sighed “Well, food is on the table.”

“Oh!” Applejack looked at the table and saw some apple slices, some waffles and orange juice. She sat down and started to eat them at a much faster pace than she usually does.

Granny Smith and Applebloom looked at one another nervously and then saw Applejack had already finished her breakfast. “Okay, I better start applebucking. Those apples aren’t going to fall out of those trees by themselves.”

Applejack ran outside to join her brother. Applebloom meanwhile was looking out the window. She was still worried about Applejack. It had been one year since her relationship with Spike ended. What the Apple family was worried about was that she didn’t acknowledge the break up. In fact, ever since the break up, Applejack never talked over her breakup with the dragon. She kept it all bottled in. Granny Smith walked over to her granddaughter.

“She is still bottling in those emotions.” Granny Smith worried

“Yea, she kept saying that she needed to move on, but I am not sure how she is moving on if she is still dwelling on him.” Applebloom sighed

The two watched Applejack kicking the trees causing the apples to fall to the buckets. Ever since the breakup, Applejack has been applebucking nonstop. Never resting or waiting to catch her breath. Applejack was working herself off just to relieve the emotions she was feeling lately.

“She still keeps photos and memories of Spike locked under her bed. She says she is over Spike, but why would she say that and keep those photos under the bed?” Applebloom asked in confusion.

“Dear, you are still young. Love tends to do crazy things to ponies.” Granny Smith grinned

“But, I thought Applejack wasn’t with Spike anymore.” Applebloom looked up to the older Apple farmer.

“Well, to some ponies dear, just because they say they have broken up doesn’t mean it’s completely over.” Granny Smith reassured her youngest grandchild.

“I heard Spike is suppose to come back today with Rarity. I heard they had a big announcement they wished to address.” Applebloom worried as she walked over with Granny Smith to start on their chores inside the house.


“I am just sick and tired of everyone talking to me about my relationship with Spike.” Applejack said hitting the tree, which made the apples fall into the buckets.

“Eeyup.” Big Mac said

“I am doing just fine. I don’t need anypony worrying about me. I am fine.” Applejack groaned kicking the next apple tree.

Big Mac looked at his sister. He knew what Applejack was going through. He and Cheerilee broke up many times either by his stubbornness or her irritation of him. But through some sheer force, they came together once more. Yet, this moment was different between Applejack and Spike. Big Mac didn’t understand the whole situation between Spike and Rarity, but Spike was a gentledragon that wouldn’t cheat on AJ like that. Spike was too noble of a dragon to do such a thing. Maybe Applejack might have jumped to conclusions.

“Eeyup.” Big Mac nods as he gazes with concern for his sister. He knew that eventually Applejack would have to talk about her feelings about Spike. Despite the stubborn nature she had, she missed Spike. She missed him and everypony knew it.

“Applejack.” an energetic voice boomed from a distance away from the apple farm.

“That must be Pinkie Pie.” Applejack shook her head.

“Eeyup.” Big Mac responding as usual.
Pinkie Pie ran to where Applejack was. Applejack hugged her best friend and smiled. “What brings you out here Pinkie?”

“Well, I came to come and get you so you can see Spike and Rarity return from Canterlot.” Pinkie Pie smiled

“I would like to Pinkie but…..” Applejack tried to tell Pinkie that she couldn’t. She didn’t have the heart to see Spike once more. Seeing him would send the tears in her eyes. However, Big Mac pushed her towards Pinkie “….Eeyup.”

“Thanks Big Mac.” Pinkie giggled “Come with me, AJ. ”

Big Mac saw his sister trying to protest her way out of the current situation, but Pinkie was obvious to the apple farmer’s words.

“Eeyup” Big Mac wiped the sweat from his face. He was glad that Applejack was finally going into Ponyville for something that didn’t have to do with apples. At least, he didn't have to hear all about her angry towards the dragon.


I really don’t want to be here Applejack thought to her as she stood there next to Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. They were at the train station waiting to see Rarity and Spike coming back from Canterlot. Applejack didn’t even know what to say. She wasn’t ready for this. It was like pouring a lot of salt into a small wound that was getting bigger. She had hoped for more time for something like this. Applejack didn’t know why she was there. Her relationship with Spike ended a year ago. Why did she have to see him coming along with the mare that he cheated on her with?

She took a deep breath and exhaled it. Just because they have broken up doesn’t mean they can’t still be good friends. She prepared herself when a sudden sound of the train whistle kicked in.

CHOO! CHOO!

The five friends hear the train in the distance. They saw the purple train whistle its way into the station.

“I can’t wait to see Spike again.” Twilight grinned with enthusiastic interest. Applejack saw Twilight was as energetic as Pinkie.

“I can’t wait for Rarity to tell us what has happened while she was in Canterlot. I mean it will be really exciting to hear from her and Spike again.” Fluttershy proudly spoke.

“I am sure they have brought souvenirs with them.” Rainbow Dash groaned.

“I can’t wait to throw them a big party, by the way, that’s tonight for those of you who wanted to go.” Pinkie Pie handed out the invitations.

“I would like to but….” Applejack tried to pass back the invite, but the train came to a halt, which focused everypony attention.

Once the train came to a sudden stop, the doors open as a stream of mares, stallions, fillies and colts came from the train. The five friends stood where they were, so they wouldn’t have gotten lost trying to find Rarity and Spike.

“Girls, over here” The white unicorn proclaimed as she waved her hoof in the air. She revealed the location of where she was at the station. Her five friends gave the fasionista a hug.

“Rarity!” They all called out. Pinkie was rambling on how she was hosting a party upon her return. Twilight and Fluttershy were welcoming Rarity home. Rainbow didn’t do much talking, but was appreciative seeing her friend returning safe and sound. Applejack turned around noticing that Spike was carrying Rarity's luggage.

Being treated like her personal lackey as usual Applejack groan in her thoughts of seeing the dragon being used to carry the luggage.

Spike then turned his attention to Applejack. The former couple stood there looking at one another. Spike dropped the luggage as he stood there seeing the apple farmer. Applejack stood there looking at how tall he was. He was a bit taller than she last saw him. Applejack’s heartbeat started to increase as she couldn’t hear herself think. He was standing there and staring at her looking wise and otherwise, while she was in a state of panic. Somepony had to say something or else things will be awkward between the two of them. Rarity was too busy talking to her other friends to notice Spike and Applejack’s stare down.

Applejack tried to say something but Spike beat her to the punch “Hey, Applejack.”

“Hi Spike.” Applejack replied just as fast.

Pinkie grumbled seeing the former couple greeting one another in an awkward silence. She hugged the dragon in a tight grip. Spike almost lost the footing of his steps, but calmed down knowing that it was Pinkie Pie wanting to welcome him back. “Welcome back Spike!”

“Thanks Pinkie.” Spike giggled before putting Pinkie down. Spike picked up Rarity’s bags and smiled “Rarity, I am going to bring this stuff to your house okay.”

“I suppose you need some help with that?” Rarity looked to Spike. She poked her head towards Applejack, who wondered why Rarity was pointing her head at her?

“Nah, I will be just fine.” Spike said before taking off towards the Carousel Boutique. He got there faster due to his wings.

“He is always going all over the place with those things.” Rarity sighed and turned around to talk to Fluttershy and Twilight a bit more.

Pinkie looked over seeing Applejack still had the nervous feelings about Spike. He looked great. The apple farmer wondered if he and Rarity were dating.

“Equestria to Applejack.” Pinkie knocked on the apple farmer’s head.

“Wha-What?” Applejack snapping out of her thoughts looked at the eccentric pony.

“You’re still coming to the party right?” Pinkie smiled

“I….I can’t…I ummm got work to....” Applejack said before she sighed in defeat. Pinkie would feel sad if Applejack wasn't coming to the party. “Yes, I’m coming.”

“YAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” Pinkie pushed Applejack in the direction of the Carousel Boutique. Applejack couldn’t stop Pinkie from where she wanted to go.

Twilight and Fluttershy looked over at Rarity “Is she still not over Spike, is she?”

Both the mares shook their heads. Twilight answered first. “Nope, she still keeps insisting that she is over him.”

“I agree with Twilight, ever since their break up, Applejack has been acting weird lately. I think she might still like him.”

“Well, things will certainly change between them after tonight.” Rarity smiled

“What do you mean?” Twilight looked over at Rarity.

“You’ll see.” Rarity smiled as she galloped along.


The party went on in the Carousel Boutique as Rarity was happy seeing many familiar faces again. She smiled seeing how much everypony was having fun. Rarity took off to mingle with her guests.

Spike stood there rubbing his arm. He looked at all the distinguished guest that came to Rarity’s party. The dragon then saw his former special someony once more. He could tell she was nervous. What would he say to her. Yet, obvisious to the dragon, Applejack wasn't nervous because of the party. She held family gatherings with more ponies.

Spike went over to get himself some punch. He was equally nervous as she was. He wanted to bury the hatchet. They left their relationship on the harshest of terms. Spike didn’t want things to end that way. He didn’t want to end the relationship at all. However, the dragon knew he would need a moment with Applejack; when she wasn’t too busy talking to her friends.

Applejack looked down at her drink. She looked at the dragon serving everypony their drinks. She savored the drink slowly, but felt another presence had just sat down next to her.

“Some party huh?” Twilight smiled

“The way you were dancing, I was afraid that you might have tripped and fallen over.” Applejack laughed

“HA HA!” Twilight pulled a fake laugh knowing Applejack was being sarcastic. “I am getting better I will have you know.”

“I know Twil, I know.” Applejack drank some of her juice.

The two mares watched the party. Twilight looked at Applejack for a moment and smiled “Had a chance to talk to Spike yet?”

The suddenly topic of Spike made Applejack spill the contents of her drank and turn to the Alicorn “What?”

“Have you talked with him? You know, about your relationship?” Twilight spoke

“No, I haven’t got the chance to.” Applejack looked away in shame.

“You haven’t had the time or you don’t want to talk to him?” Twilight peered the question to Applejack.

“Twilight, you know the way things ended between me and Spike?” Applejack turned back to her.

“I know, Spike told me what happened.” Twilight looked away “….So, go talk to him.”

“Twilight, I….”

“What are you so afraid of? If you said things were over, then why is talking with him so difficult?” Twilight pointed out.

Applejack was about to say something when the Princess had a good point. If she and Spike broke up, then why was she finding it difficult to talk to him again? She shouldn't have that problem if things were truly over between them.

“Applejack, don’t leave things damaged and making him your enemy. You knew that eventually you would have to confront him again. So, take this chance to confront him on your feelings?” Twilight sighed and put her hoof on Applejack “For your sake and for his.”

“Alright.” Applejack nods accepting that she didn’t want things ending badly between Spike and her. Applejack stood from her seat to where the dragon was. She marched towards him and tapped his shoulder. There was amount of bad blood between the two and she was going to finish it tonight.

“Spike, do you have a moment?” Applejack looked up at the dragon.

“ummm….” Spike looked over seeing there were hundreds of glasses of drinks already prepared for ponies to take a drink. Pinkie winked at the dragon as if to say ‘don’t worry, I’m on it'.

Spike nods as he turns to his ex. “We can go outside if you want to talk.”

“I think I would appreciate that very much, Spike.” Applejack walked with the dragon out the door.

“Alright, Everypony I think it’s time for the big announcement.” Rarity said. Spike and Applejack were unable to hear Rarity as she was making the big announcement.


The former couple walked to the bridge hoping to talk once more. Spike looked over at Applejack. Applejack looked over at Spike. There was an awkward silence that filled the air of Ponyville. One of them had to speak. They weren’t going to be silence about the whole issue concerning their relationship.

“It’s great seeing you back” Applejack stared down at the water.

“Yeah, being in Canterlot with Rarity was fun and all, but coming back to Ponyville is where I truly belong.” Spike smiled as he touches the water with his claw and giggled. The water felt very cold. It was lucky they weren't there to jump into the water.

“Well, I sure do hope you have been better since our relationship kind of ended.” Applejack looked away. She would have to be the one to talk about how their relationship ended. She didn’t want to leave things awkward between them.

“I know, I guess it was my fault that I stormed out.” Spike shook his head feeling sorry for himself.

“No harm done, sugarcube. I just want to go back into being friends again, even if you did cheat on me with Rarity.” Applejack sighed.

“Applejack, I didn’t……” He said before calming down as he looked at her “But, my relationship with a certain pony is about to change.”

“What’cha going on about?” Applejack was interested in Spike’s words.

“Well, I have been thinking about this for a year now, and it’s time I have gotten serious.” Spike looked up at the moon.

“Slow down there, what do you mean?” Applejack felt Spike was going a bit too fast.

“I think its time I told you. I had been in Canterlot for a year, debating to myself for a reason.” Spike looked at the apple farmer.

“What is this reason?” Applejack raised a brow.

“It’s time I told you the reason I came back here.” Spike smiled

“Yes?” Applejack wanted the dragon to get to the point and stop beating around the bush.

“I am getting married.” Spike announced

The announcement widened Applejack’s eyes and gave her a shocked look. At first, she thought she was daydreaming about the whole event. She thought she heard him wrong. “Run that by me again?”

“I’m getting married.” Spike told her once more.

“You’re……..getting…….hitched?” Applejack was gasping for air. She couldn't believe the words she was hearing from him. After a year apart from one another, he was already getting engaged to some other mare that wasn't her.

“Applejack?” Spike rushed over to her seeing that the mare was about to fall over the bridge. Luckily, the dragon caught her. Applejack came back into consciousness about thirty minutes later.

“Wha…what happened?” Applejack held her head.

“I told you I was getting marriage.” Spike worried

“Oh that……WHAT” She smiled before realizing the reason why she fainted “You’re getting married?”

“Yea, I guess it’s a lot to take in.” Spike put his hand on her shoulder.

“But…you weren’t in Canterlot for that long and the only mare you were with was……” Applejack mumbled before hearing a voice.

“Spike? Applejack? Are you two around?” Rarity came out trying to find the pony and the dragon “Ah, there you two are. Did you tell her the news?”

“Yep.” Spike said. Applejack leaped out of his arms and glared at Rarity.

“You knew Spike was getting married and you didn’t tell me?” Applejack growled as she confronted Rarity on not telling her Spike was getting hitched.

“Well, you two did just break up and….”Rarity looked at Spike “You did tell her about IT, right?”

“Well, I was just going to get to that.” Spike hesitated before Applejack turned to him

“…and you were just going to tell me while we were out here.” Applejack growled “You just thought that by repairing what we once had was going to make me forgive you and help you move on to marry some mare who probably likes you because you are a ‘noble dragon’. Well, you aren’t as noble as others think of you.”

Spike and Rarity needed to calm down Applejack. “AJ, calm down.”

“Yes Applejack, darling be reasonable.” Rarity lifted her hoof slightly.

“No, don’t say anymore. If Spike is getting married, I don't want to be involved at all.” Applejack ran away from the two. Spike and Rarity were left speechless by her final words.

“She took it rather well.” Rarity looked over at the dragon. Spike sighed as that moment could have gone a lot better.

"Yeah, welcome home indeed." Spike watched Applejack raced out of their voices feeling hurtful that she heard about Spike getting married.

Author's Note:

I don't own the rights to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is owned by Hasbro.

I want to thank my fans for liking this story. It's probably one of my most viewed and Favorited story among my Fimfiction stories. I hope you continue to like it and my stories as well.

Now, you are wondering why doesn't Applejack have her southern accent. Well, i am not very good at doing accents of any kind. I hope this doesn't distract you guys from enjoying this wonderful story.

I know people are going to hate the whole "Spike is getting married and Applejack is going to stop the wedding" ideal. I promise you that it won't come to that. I just hope you will enjoy this story more.

Tell me your thoughts, feelings, and opinions on this chapter and your predictions on what could happen next.

Until then, see you all later.