• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,498 Views, 32 Comments

Moonburst Chronicles - Code Breaker



AU: Trixie's life was simple. Study, study, and study some more. Until the possible return of Nightmare Moon comes up. But stopping her is only the start of the new everyday life she will experience in the town of Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 32
 1,498

Sonic Rainboom

In the clouds above everything seemed peaceful and quite. The weather ponies clearing the clouds for it to be a great morning; the sun was out blazing it great glory, the birds chirping all around, Rainbow Dash going really fast… that’s not going to end well.

Rainbow Dash was going rather fast performing several maneuvers including going around some obstacle of clouds and trees almost like she’s building up speed for something really big. Lightning Dust was watching her just in case anything went wrong.

“C’mon Dash go for it!” Dust cheered on as Dash suddenly jerked upward and flew straight up to gain higher altitude.

When Dash was at her peak altitude she bursts straight down at an angle. The amount of wind was stretching her lips and stinging her eyes but she took it full stride.

Then a wall of air began to form in front of her and beginning to curve into a cone.

“C’mon just a little bit more.” Dash said trying to break through it move as fast her wings could make her.

Just before she was going to break through it; the curved air stopped causing Dash to stop in her tracks mid flight.

“Not again.” She muttered as the air practically shot her like a cannon ball toward Ponyville as she started to scream her lungs out along the way.

While Lightning Dust just looked on watching her daredevil friend flailing all the way to town.

She face hoofed “Ay crumba here we go again.” Dust said as she took to the air and followed Dash back to town.

Sonic Rainboom

Meanwhile in the library Trixie had the others to help her and Spike reorganize everything in the library as well as catalog what was going where.

“Thank for the help girls if it were just me here I’ll be here all afternoon.” Trixie said placing another book on the shelf and in the hold of her magic was a quill and clipboard which wrote down where she just put the book.

“Hey no problem Trix we all just had some spare time and I don’t think we need you tiring yourself out do we.” Sunset replied.

After placing the last book on the shelf Trixie gave a satisfied nod and turned to the rest.

“Well girls I think that’s about…” She was suddenly cut off when a cyan blur came crashing in hitting the wall causing all the books that were just placed to fall many of them landing on the other ponies in the room as well as the culprit responsible for it.

Trixie’s head was the first to pop up from a pile of books and she looked around to spot the culprit her gaze eventually coming to a rainbow colored tail sticking out of a pile of books.

“Rainbow Dash!” She growled an eye twitching as Rainbow stuck her head out of the pile and gave a good natured laugh at the mess she caused.

The rest of the girls came out from under the pile of books

“Rainbow what gave the incentive to come crashing in here rudely?” Cheerliee asked glaring at her.

“Well I was trying to perform a Sonic Rainboom.” She replied plainly.

Trixie looked at her in confusion “What in the hay is a Sonic Rainboom?” Trixie questioned

“It’s like one of the best spectacular trick ever known!” Lightning Dust chimed in from the window having just arrived and heard Trixie’s question.

“GAH!” she jumped a few feet and landed back down on her back and glared at the other pegasi.

“Lightning don’t do that!” She warned.

“Sorry. Picked that one up from Pinkie.” Lightning smiled.

Trixie rolled her eyes and turned back to Dash “So what is a Sonic Rainboom?” Trixie asked again.

“Well it’s when a pony like Dash here goes really fast and I mean really that it forms a cone around her and as soon she breaches it. BOOM! A spectacle of a rainbow spreads all over the place making her go so fast your head will spin.” Lightning explained.

“Yeah but I only done that once so I might be a little rusty.” Dash replied.

“But you can still do it can you?” Coco asked.

“No problem as soon as I get my momentum going I will be doing Sonic Rainbooms in my sleep easily.” She said confidently giving a smirk and taking off through the window.

“Dash seems rather confident today. Something good happen?” Sunset asked

“Oh yeah I almost forgot. Tomorrow is the young flier’s competition.” Lightning said

“Young what now?” Trixie asked

“This is the first time me hearing about it.” She quickly adds.

“I’ve heard of it. It’s practically a competition where only pegasi can compete and if they can impress the judges and win the winner gets a chance to get tips and fly with Equestrias best stunt team; commonly known as the Wonderbolts.” Sunset explained.

That word sparked something in Trixie’s memory when she first came to Ponyville

“Wait wasn’t Dash talking about joining them or something. That it was her dream?” She asked to which the rest nod.

“Yep that’s her dream to join the best of the best.” Cheerliee added.

“And performing that will definitely get her recognized… if she just performed it better.” Dust added.

“Hold on isn’t the young flier’s competition always held in Cloudsdale?” Sunset asked.

“Then wouldn’t that mean we wouldn’t be able to go up and support her anyway.” Trixie starts.

“Well… I could always tell you guys it went after the competition is over.” Dust answered hovering in the air with slow flaps as she went towards the window.

“I’m going to check on Dash and see if she’s ready for it tomorrow.” She waved her hoof.

“See yah.” She said and zipped out the window toward Dash’s direction.

“Well I do hope Rainbow is going to be okay in the competition, but it would have been nice to be there and support her.” Coco said. During that time the gears in Trixie’s head began to click around for an idea. Then an idea struck and she smiled.

“I think there is a way to be there.” Trixie said.

“Well what is it?” Sunset asked waiting for Trixie to answer.

“Yes Trixie do tell and don’t keep us in suspense.” Cheerliee added.

“Well Sunset have you heard of a ‘Walking on Clouds’ spell before?” She asked. Sunset’s went wide eyed as soon Trixie said those three words.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! YOU WANT TO USE THAT SPELL!” Sunset screamed then covered her mouth in response.

“Heh heh, sorry just… continue.” She said sheepishly.

“Okay yelling aside; The ‘Walking on Clouds’ spell is just like it said it allows the caster to walk on clouds like a pegasi without having wings and it can used on multiple targets at a time.” Trixie explained.

“Yet it has a strict time limit of three hours so almost nopony uses it, but I have been working out ways to improve it.” She added.

“Okay so where’s the book that has it?” Coco asked.

“Well it should in the…” Trixie began then paused and groaned.

“Spell book section.” She finished looking at the mess of books Dash caused.

“I’m going to get that Rainbow Dash for this.” Trixie growled as the girls began to stack the books in their proper place… again.

Meanwhile Dash was still practicing the Sonic Rainboom to no success as she slammed through a tree. She was stuck in the tree and trying get out.

“Okay a little help anypony?” She called out as Lightning Dust flew down next to where she is.

“So I’m guessing you barked up the wrong tree?” She joked only to receive a glare from Dash.

“What I thought it was a good joke?” She added.

“Get. Me. OUT!” Dash shouted.

“Okay okay. Jeez humor sensitive much.” She added flown behind grabbing Dash’s tail in her mouth and began to yank Dash out of the tree with some difficulty.

“Suck in your gut Dash.” She said. Dash sucked in gut so that it would make it easier for Dust to get her out which eventually worked and Dash was on the ground panting as Dust still had Dash’s tail in her mouth.

“Yow owkay?” Dust said.

“Yeah just let go of my tail now.” Dash says to which Dust spits out her tail.

“Okay what’s up Dash?” Dust asked

“It’s the whole competition tomorrow and well I’m a little worried that if I fail that I wouldn’t get recognized by the Wonderbolts or what if I’m not good enough to be a Wonderbolt.” Dash said worrying.

“What if I trip up during the competition and Celestia completely bans me from ever competing. I’ll be a laughing stock for the rest of my life!” She started to rant before getting a slap to the muzzle from Lighning.

“Thanks I need that.” Dash said rubbing the spot Dust slapped.

“C’mon Dash do you honestly think that the ruler of Equestria is going to ban you from competing?” Dust asked with a small laugh.

“Well… no… I don’t think so.” She said

“And I’m sure that you’ll smoke them at the competition.” Dust said confidently.

“Did you forget that you’re in this competition too?” Dash reminded.

“And that about half the day you’ve been out here training me when you need to be training yourself.” She added.

“Hey a friend before yourself is what I always say, and that I can’t wait to show Cloudsdale what I can do.” Dust said as she did a back flip and landed safely on all four hooves.

“C’mon Dash let’s get back to working out your moves.” Dust said.

“Yeah… I guess so.” Dash said still looking a little bit worried but continued on anyway.

About three hours past as they continued working the final kinks on Dash’s routine, and like always Dash running into or slamming into a tree, a side of a mountain, or a barn filled with angry chickens.

“I’m surprised we got out of AJ’s barn by the skin of our teeth.” Rainbow complemented while Lightning Dust was laughing about it.

“I know right I mean the way we landed was all CRASH and all those chickens went wild and almost attacked us.” Dust laughed.

“They did attack us what do you think explains the claw marks we got from them crazy feather pigeons, and where did AJ even get chickens in the first place?” Dash asked rubbing a spot on her muzzle that had been scratched.

“Hey they gotta have eggs right.” Dust countered

“Good point, but I don’t she’s going to like the mess we made in the barn.” Dash said looking back toward the direction of the barn.

As almost right on cue AJ was bring in a crate full of apples from today’s work, but as soon as she entered the barn she noticed that everything was covered in chicken feather.

“Land sakes.” She said but also noticed a big hole in the roof of the barn.

“There’s only one if not two ponies that coulda done this.” She said then she took in a deep breath, and shouted out

“LIGHTNING DUST, RAINBOW DASH YOU TWO GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!” She yelled loud enough that it was heard where Dust and Dash were walking.

The both froze stiff like if they were sudden hit by winters touch.

“Race yah to Sugarcube corner.” Dust said staring at Dash

“Agreed.” She said quickly as they both zoomed toward Sugar Cube Corner not wanting a repeat of a particular incident.

They got to Sugarcube Corner before they were put on a silver platter for AJ’s hoofs. They ordered some smoothies and had a rather calm afternoon early evening.

The door bell chimed and entered Trixie, Spike, and the rest of the girls. They went to where Dust and Dash were currently sitting.

“So did training going well?” Cheerliee asked.

“Oh it was a blast plus I needed to make sure to give Dash here some kind of competition before the big day tomorrow. I’m sure all of Cloudsdale is going to be there just to watch.” Dust said giving Dash a slight nudge.

“Oh right I forgot that you were interested as well Dust.” Sunset replied.

“Yeah and that sompony has to give Dash some kind of competition or it won’t be as fun.” Dust replied nudging Dash.

“Hehe right… competition.” Dash said nervously looking all around.

“Well all we have to say is good luck to you both.” Cheerliee replied.

“Yeah, and don’t kill each other in the process.” Sunset added just as Dust finished off her smoothie and gave a slight burp.

“Excuse me.” Lightning Dust says as the others laugh a bit.

“Well that’s it for me. I’m off to go train some more if yah need me I’ll be by the pond practicing.” She said giving them a quick salute then zoomed out the door into the sky.

Dash finished off hers as well “I really wish you girls could come and cheer us on.” She started

“It would make this a lot easier to get through.” She added.

Trixie only smiled “Well maybe we can.” Trixie replied as Dash looked at her confused and interested.

“Wait. What you mean by that?” She asked interested in what her friend had to say.

“Well Dash I’ve found a spell that’ll allow non pegasi ponies to have the ability to walk on clouds for a length of time.” Trixie answered.

Dash stayed quiet for a bit before speaking “Trixie… you are the best!” she squealed resisting the urge to hug her.

“Thank you for the complement, but like I said the spell is only temporary.” Trixie warned

“Originally the spell was made to last only three hours.” She then added

“But thanks to some slight changes, and experimenting it will last three days at most.” She finished.

“It shouldn’t have taken you so long to modify it.” Dash replied

“Well I would have do it fast if some pony didn’t crash into my library.” Trixie countered shooting the rainbow mare a small glare.

“Touché.” Dash replied rubbing a hoof behind her neck.

“So thanks with Trixie’s new spell we should be able to come and support both of you.” Coco said

“I know it’s a competition, but make sure you have some fun up their ok.” Cheerliee said.

“We’ll meet you in Cloudsdale.” Sunset added, but then her stomach growled. Sunset blushed a bit from hunger

“But first some dinner.” Sunset added

“You’re welcome to have dinner at the boutique.” Coco offered

“That is if you want to, and if Miss Rarity doesn’t mind the extra company.” She added looking away a bit.

“That’ll be rather nice Coco, but we wouldn’t want to intrude.” Cheerliee replied.

“Its fine we usually don’t get company that often.” Coco said

“And it gets rather lonely around there with only me and Miss Rarity there.” Coco added.

“Well I’m going to head home and have some dinner myself, but thanks for the offer Coco.” Dash said

“Perhaps another time then.” She added.

Coco only bowed “Your welcome to come by.” Coco said

“Just make sure you send a note first.” She added

“Got it.” Dash added and took a glance of the time on the wall.

“Well girls love to stay and chat but I’ve gotta dash, later.” She said and ran out the door and flew into the sky toward home.

“She didn’t just say that.” Cheerliee said

“She did.” Trixie added.

As Dash got home to her cloud house she could see glimpses of lightning clouds in the distance and a turquoise blur in middle of it.

“Is she still going at it?” She thought stepping inside her home.

Once inside she went straight into the kitchen to prepare herself some dinner which consist of a salad with dressing, and cheese, plus a small glass of apple cider.

Her dinner took about ten minutes to finish, she cleaned up her dinner and put the dishes away then proceed upstairs before looking out the stairs window to see those same lightning clouds and that turquoise blur going at it again.

“Jeez she keeps this up she’s not going to get any sleep for tomorrow.” She said aloud.

She proceeds into the bathroom to brush her teeth and get ready to call it a day since just outside her bathroom window Luna’s moon is being raised and the sky was changing ever slightly to night.

With teeth brushing done she went one door down to her bedroom with all her pictures and posters of the Wonderbolts.

One wonderbolt in particular was that of a mare in the blue suit with yellow lightning bolts going along it. The mare was wearing goggles so unable to identify the eye color and the suit makes it hard to identify the coat color and cutiemark of the mare, but the only thing that can be identified is the mane which is a slicked back yellow and fiery orange mane.

Dash was proud she was able to find a poster of it since it was a rare poster to track and Lightning Dust happened to find one and give it to Dash on her twelfth birthday. Dash went to her bed, set the alarm to wake her up about a quarter till eight and then drifted off to sleep.

The next day as the sun rose over head the alarm went off as expected and Dash was quick to turn it off. When she woke up her mane was all frizzled and went in all direction, talk about bad bed hair.

She groggily got out of bed and proceeds toward the bathroom. She turned on the water in the faucet and splashed her face with water to get the sleep out of her eyes.

Now fully awake she took the brush in hoof and got to work to brush out her mane and tail. That being done she done her daily teeth brushing and went down stairs to prepare breakfast, but looked outside one more time, and this time didn’t see any lightning clouds or even Lightning Dust for that matter.

“Maybe she finally went home.” She thought until a small snore interrupted her from her thoughts. It seemed the sound was coming from the roof of her house.

She flew up to top of her house and spotted a sleeping Lightning Dust curled in a ball snoring from the rise and fall of her chest and slightly sucking on her hoof like a foal or filly would.

“Or maybe not.” She thought looking at the sleeping pegasi without a care in the world.

“Okay if Coco saw her like this she would probably complement on how adorable she looks right now.” She thought. Then an idea struck in Dash’s mind, a very evil idea. She smirked and flew back inside the house trying not to wake her sleeping friends.

She went to her closet and pulled out a megaphone that Pinkie Pie had given her last year. A perfect way to wake up her friend, and to get payback at the same time.

She flew back toward where her friend is still sleeping megaphone in hoof. She took the device in both hooves, took a deep breath in, but before she was able to release.

“Do it and die Amadeus.” Her sleeping friend spoke up.

Dash nearly dropped the device at what her now awake friend with her brilliant amber eyes loosely opened staring right at Rainbow.

“How’d you know I was even here?” She asked. Her friend gave a big yawn as she rose up from the clouded roof top and stretched in a cat manner getting all the kinks out.

“I can smell your breath you know, coconut mint has a specific smell.” She explains as she popped her back releasing a relieved sigh.

“And I know you too well Dash.” She added.

“Shoot I was going to get you good that time.” Dash whined

“Could of, would of, should of Dash.” She retorted.

“Okay but what are you doing sleeping on my roof for anyway?” Dash asked

“I guess some of my stunts went a little nuts and that I was practicing all night and since your house is the nearest I decided to come by, but you were already asleep so I slept on your roof.” Dust explained.

“You didn’t see anything did you?” Dust then asked nervously. Dash was going to say she saw her sucking her hoof and that she looked adorable curled up in a small ball but didn’t want to humiliate her… this time.

“Nope.” She answered.

“Good.” Dust stated.

“First I’ll get some breakfast then it’s off to Cloudsdale.” Dust smiled and flew off straight home… that is before she slammed straight into a tree

“I’m okay.” She confirmed and flew off again. While her friend was going for breakfast Dash headed toward the library to see if Trixie had that cloud walking spell ready for the rest of their friends.

She knocked first and Spike answered the door and let her in. Once inside she spotted Trixie going over that same spell book and notebook over again making sure the cloud walking spell was correct, and that her calculations were right.

“So is it ready to go or what?” Dash asked as Trixie nods in response.

“Just going over again. Don’t want to mess it up.” Trixie answered.

“Don’t worry about it Trixie. You and the girls will be walking on clouds soon enough.” Dash said before looking to the clock. She had been there only a few minutes, but didn’t want to stay long as she wanted to meet back up with Lightning.

“Well I gotta meet up with Lightning Dust so we’ll meet you girls in Cloudsdale.” Dash smiled and flew off to meet Lightning Dust at her home.

Dust was waiting for her, but she still seemed like she was half asleep as they flew to Cloudsdale taking almost double their usual time because of Dust occasionally nodding off in the air, and Dash waking her so that she doesn’t go crashing into the ground. Soon both landed.

“Wow this place hasn’t changed a bit.” Lightning looked at it in awe as memories of the place came rushing back to both of them.

“Yep this place is still the same even when you left.” She stated then flinched at what she said

“Well I didn’t mean like that.” She added quickly.

“It’s okay Dash it got taken care of remember.” Dust stated remembering Cloudchaser’s visit.

“Well if it isn’t Rainbow Crash and Lightning Quitter.” A rough stallion voice spoke out. They turn around and saw three pegasi stallions land.

The first one had a light gamboges coat with a grayish tangelo mane and brilliant sea green eyes with three basketballs as the cutiemark. His name is Hoops.

The second had a dark grayish brown coat with light amberish gray mane and moderate azure eyes and a dumbbell with six weights on it as his cutiemark. His name is Dumbbell.

The third had a Persian bluish gray coat with a reddish brownish gray mane, but due to the mane his eyes coat be identified, and he also had three footballs as a cutiemark. His name was Score.

And these three are all brothers. “Great not you three.” Dust growled just by looking at them.

“So finally decided to come back huh after you ran away and dropped out of school you chicken.” Hoops said

“I left because I thought my friend betrayed me, but I realized that it was you three that set Chaser up.” She growled her hoof twitching eager to lay a punch on just one of them.

“Well it worked either way.” Score pronounced then looked toward Dash’s direction

“And don’t think for a second we forgot about you either, we still think that Sonic Rainboom you pulled was just a trick, so we can still beat you in a race Rainbow Crash.” Score added.

“Oh c’mon don’t tell me you guys are still on about me whipping your flanks in that race years ago. We were fillies and colts then so get over it already.” Dash retorted.

“Then if you say it wasn’t a trick, you should be able to perform it easy.” Hoops mocked

“Am I right.” He added catching Dash off guard and temporarily rendering her speechless as she thought of a comeback.

“Dash can Sonic Rainboom your flanks all over this place if she wanted to.” Dust responded

“She’ll do it easy.” She added glaring at all three of them.

“Fine see you at the competition losers.” They laughed and flew off. Dust looked back at Rainbow who was a bit rattled from the encounter.

“You… can do the Sonic Rainboom… right?” She asked nervously

“I… I don’t know maybe those three are right and it was just a fluke and I won on luck alone.” Dash paused

“What if all my training just ends up with me failing?” She questioned.

“You’re not going to fail okay that’s just not you.” Dust cooed trying to relax her friend.

“You sure?” She asked nervously

“I guarantee it.” Dust smiled. Before they about to register a big purple balloon came from below the clouds and stopped right in front of them, and inside of it was Trixie, Sunset, Coco, and Cheerliee.

“Hey girls did we miss anything?” Sunset smiled.

“Nope you girls are right on time.” Dash said.

“Great I was hoping we would.” Cheerliee said jumping out of the balloon

“WAIT!” Dust screamed about ready to catch her at a moment’s notice until Cheerliee touched the cloud… and didn’t fall through.

Lightning Dust’s mouth hung open as the girls one by one exited the balloon and not falling through the cloud floor below them.

“What in the hay bale?” She says stunned as each of her friends was standing on the clouds. Trixie giggled at Dust expression.

“Starswirl was working on a cloud walking spell but couldn’t exactly perfect it. Instead of a normal three hour time span, I’ve improved it so that is last three whole days, pretty cool huh.” Trixie added.

“Trixie have I ever told you how awesome you are?” Dust asked

“Well no.” Trixie answered with a smirk.

“Okay, because I’m highly thinking about that right now.” Dust replied. Sunset began to look at the design of Cloudsdale.

“Say while we’re here how about you two give a tour of the place before the competition begins.” Sunset stated.

“Sound like a plan Sunny.” Dust said enthusiastically

“We got about an hour before registration closes so let’s go.” Dash added as her and Dust began to show them around the cloud city.

They’ve arrived at a very large cloud building with had pipes coming from the top of the building.

“Before we go in you girls are going to have to wear those.” Dash pointed over to some hangers with a white workers uniform and a safety helmet.

“Safety first after all.” Dash pointed out. After the girls put on the worker uniform they proceeded inside.

Once they got inside the place filled with worker ponies that are either filling the clouds with rain or shaping snowflakes, or even stirring a rainbow pool.

“This place is amazing.” Sunset says in awe looking from each machine or object to the next.

“I’m surprise that you two don’t work in here.” Cheerliee added.

“Well me and Dash are on the weather team. It’s our job to make sure the weather is done properly and on time.” Dust explained. Coco went to look at the rainbow pool she we about to take a lick but Dash quickly stopped her.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” She warned

“Rainbow juice has so many flavors that you never know what you’ll get.” Dust warned.

“Last pony who did it ended up diving into the water tank to stop the spicy flavor he ended up with.” Dash added having been there that day when it happened.

As they continued the tour they noticed that they’ve spent about forty five minutes giving the tour that the registration is almost over. Dust has been nodding off a few times that she nearly went to sleep while standing. Cheerliee nudged her awake.

“Um are you okay Lightning? You’re looking a little wobbly.” She asked.

“Yeah I’m okay just probably a bit on edge today.” She said rubbing her head then followed Dash.

“We got to get toward registration you girls head toward the stands and watch.” Lightning said and followed Dash.

They managed to make it before it closes. Dash got number two and Lightning Dust got number nine but as they were in the waiting room Dash was pacing around and beginning to worry about competition yet again.

She looked outside the curtain and looked at the crowd that arrived to watch. She spotted the Wonderbolts standing by just in case anything happened throughout the competition. She even spotted the old bullies from before.

She spotted her friends that were waiting for both of them to appear. But what made her went wide eye is that she spotted Princess Celestia and a few of her guards with her as well.

She started to panic internally “Okay Dash calm down everything is going to be fine it’s just not that Princess Celestia herself is here watching along with the Bolts and my friends. Nothing to panic over nope.” She panicked gritting her teeth and was on her haunches rubbing he front hooves through her mane in a panic.

Just as she was finishing her thoughts she failed to notice that the first pony had finished.

“Number two! You’re up!” The mare called out but Dash swapped her number with somepony else without them knowing. Time passed and it eventually came to number nine AKA Lightning.

“Number nine!” The mare yelled out only to find a sleeping Lightning Dust. The mare tried to wake her but to no avail and had to move on to the next number in line.

After an hour passed Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust were the last two ponies in the waiting lobby. Dash was shaking like a leaf while Lightning Dust still asleep unknown of what happened. As the mare approached Dash telling her that she was up Dust gave a yawn and stretched having woken up.

“Man I needed that.” She said and the mare came over telling her that she would be going out with Dash.

“C’mon let’s show’em what we got.” Dust said confidently while Dash was still nervous about it but nodded.

“Introducing our final two numbers fifteen and nine apparently.” The announcer said as the two pegasi took to the air.

Dust immediately went into her routine and started off spinning into a ball and going faster and faster as she actually built up electricity then she stopped spinning and sparks were sparking right off her.

“Okay here we go; phase one.” She stated as she went toward some pillars. She flew in between them from right to left but about mid way through she missed her mark and crashed below the stands where the bullies were at.

“Nice landing Rainbow Crash.” Hoops said and they laughed. Frustrated, Dash took off like a bullet getting back into the competition.

Dust then began to create a small tornado about her size and she took the tip of the tornado and actually balanced it on her nose without a problem.

“Next, phase two.” Dash muttered as she began to go toward some clouds that were set up for her. She began to fly in circles around the clouds making them spin in motion, but again through her routine and at the third cloud she couldn’t control the spin and the cloud was sent fly toward where Celestia was sitting.

As the cloud impacted the cloud fizzled out and no damage was done to the princess.

“C’mon Dash you do this.” She muttered to herself

“Final phase: the Sonic… Rainboom.” She gulped hoping this doesn’t turn out to bad.

“Okay this is it.” Dust said to her.

“Time to wrap this up.” Dust added confidently and shot up toward the sky. Dash also took toward the sky hoping that this time she would get it right.

As for Dust three clouds were up there and they were gray meaning they had lightning and that is what she was wanting.

She hit the first cloud causing lightning to shoot out then she hit the second as quickly then the third and she repeated it as fast as she could and before you know there was a big electrical triangle in the air with Lightning Dust in the middle of it

“How’d yah like that one.” Lightning says confidently as the electricity sparked all around her.

One of the lightning bolts hit the tip of her left wing sending a jolt through her and completely paralyzing her left wing unable to move.

“Oh ponyfeathers.” She cursed and began to fall like a rock flapping her right wing as fast as she could. The crowd gasped at what has occurred.

“NO!!!” Dash screamed seeing her friend falling to her death.

That is when the Bolts sprung into action; they leaped from the pedestal and dived after the falling pony. By this time Dust was screaming her lungs out her hooves flailing ever which way.

As the Bolts flew beside her they tried to catch but unfortunately Lightning Dust capable wing was slapping one of them silly, her back hoof hit and knocked off one of the bolts goggles and her front hooves knocked the last bolt out cold.

Now not only Dust was falling, but she was going to take the bolts with her as well. Dash went into immediate action diving toward the four falling ponies.

“C’mon wings don’t fail me now.” Dash thought getting ever so faster as the wind was cutting through her like a knife. The mach cone began to form in an attempt to stop her.

“Oh no you don’t; not today.” Dash shouted internally as she flapped her wings faster slowly approaching the ground.

The mach cone began to slant as she was going faster “I’m not…” It curved more

“going to…” curving more

“let you…” she was close to breaking through the cone.

“BEAT ME!” She shouted giving a final push.

BOOM!!!

A very loud boom erupted as Dash broke through the mach cone and was able to catch up with the falling ponies easily. As the four ponies began to approach the ground a rainbow blur caught them.

Lightning Dust felt a mouth around the scruff of her neck and seeing one the bolts on Dash’s back, the other two hanging onto Dash’s back hoofs but it didn’t seem to bother her.

Dash did one big arc of Rainbow over the stadium and then landed back into the lobby. Dash let go of Dust’s neck falling on her stomach.

Dust looked at her in shock “Dash did you just do a Sonic Rainboom.” She said

“I think I did.” Dash said taking in what she had done, and was smiling widely.

“I DID A SONIC RAINBOOM!” She screamed.

It was at this time that some medical ponies came and took the bolts and Dust off in order to get them all checked out. A hour passed and Dash was allowed to go and see Dust who was staying at the infirmary till they finished her check up..

“So how’s the wings?” Dash asked and saw the wing wrap on her friend.

“Well they said that I should stay off flying for a bit since it took a big shock from the bolt it took so guess I’m grounded for the time being.” Dust sighed. The door slammed opened and her friends came running in.

“Are you alright Dust? Nothing broken?” Trixie asked worrying about her friend seeing a wing wrap around Lightning Dust.

“I’m fine but she also said some of my primary feathers were burnt during my routine.” Dust added

“So I’m pretty much grounded till they grow back.” She added.

Cheerliee gave Dust a slap on the muzzle “Hey what was that for?” She rubbed the spot Cheerliee.

“That was doing such a reckless stunt you idiot.” She stated glaring at her.

They exited the room only to see Princess Celestia and the wonderbolts standing outside “So how is our little flier.” She said in a motherly tone.

“P-Princess Celestia I didn’t expect you to be here.” Trixie stuttered as she bowed her head.

“I never miss such an event like this.” Celestia pronounced then looked toward two of three of the wonderbolts now out of their uniform.

One of them is a pegasi mare with a light arctic blue coat, with a light gray mane, and brilliant fuchsia eyes, the mares cutie mark is a horseshoe inside a yellow arc diving downward. A little chunk of her right ear was missing probably from a big fight she had.

The next one is a pegasi stallion with a pale cornflower blue coat with dark grayish phthalo blue mane and moderate green eyes, and his cutiemark is a yellow lightning bolt with wings. He had a small scar above his left eye, again probably from a fight.

“I believe these ponies would like to talk to Rainbow Dash.” Celestia said pointing Dash toward them and Dash walked over to them trying to resist going all fan mare over them. Once she was in front of them the arctic blue mare spoke up.

“So I’m guessing you’re Rainbow Dash right.” The mare said her rough voice giving off a sound of respect and authority.

“Yes ma’am.” Dash spoke

“Well let me put it do to you bluntly as I can.” Her eyes staring into Dash’s that could freeze you inside out with a very strange expression, then it changed to a smirk.

“You have diffidently impressed the wonderbolts kid.” She said. As soon as Dash said that she felt like she was on top of the world.

“Aw yeah baby!” She replied doing a back flip.

“But don’t think it’ll be that easy, we wonderbolts don’t play around.” The stallion said in a much mild tone. Before he could continue on Dash then recalled something before the competition.

“Hold weren’t there three of you out there.” Dash said.

The mare and the stallion looked around to find their third wonderbolt only for the arctic blue mare to groan.

“Not again.” The mare said seeing a hint of yellow and orange mane from under a desk.

“Now Fleetfoot you knew bringing her in public was a bad idea.” The stallion replied.

“I know that Soarin but she needs to get over it if she’s going to perform in these events.” The mare now known as Fleetfoot said to the stallion known as Soarin.

Fleetfoot went over to the desk and grabbed the yellow and orange only to receive a yelp in response. What soon became a tail, and the tail belonged to a full grown mare.

The mare is a pegasi and has a light brilliant gold coat, with a light brilliant orange with light brilliant amber mane, and brilliant orange eyes. Her cutiemark is a stylized phoenix. She had a scar on her upper back.

Fleetfoot let go of the mares tail and shakes her head as the other mare looked away.

“Spitfire how many times how I told you not to be hiding.” Fleetfoot says calmly to which Spitfire muttered something that no one could hear.

“Now there is a pony I want you to meet okay.” Fleetfoot said wrapping her wing around Spitfire.

She brought her over forcing her to stand in front of Rainbow Dash.

“Spitfire this is Rainbow Dash; Rainbow Dash meet Spitfire my right hoof mare in the wonderbolts.” Fleetfoot introduced.

“Hey there.” Dash said reaching her hoof out to her, but Spitfire didn’t respond; her eyes darted off to her side and rubbing her front leg.

“Forgive her she’s gets rather nervous when she’s in public.” Fleetfoot says.

“What caused that anyways?” She then whispered toward Soarin.

“We never talk about it.” He whispered back

“She never talks about it when we try to talk to her about it.” He whispered.

“By the way names Fleetfoot; wonderbolt captain.” She properly introduced

“And this stallion here is Soarin; my left hoof stallion in the wonderbolts.” She announced

“It’s a real honor to meet you. Really.” Dash said to them.

“But uhh..shouldn’t you be getting ready for something else? Not that I’m complaining or anything.” Dash added quickly.

“Well we wanted to thank you for saving our lives.” Fleetfoot starts and glances over to Lightning Dust.

“Plus we wanted to check up on your friend.” She said.

“How’d you know she’s my friend?” Dash asked

“Word is that you and her are both Elements of Harmony. So it kind of makes sense the two of you are close friends.” Fleetfoot replied casually.

“Ah got it. She’s in their right now but she won’t be flying for some time.” She replied

“Well tell her that we’ll be considering her as well.” Fleetfoot says with a smirk.

“And tell her to take care of herself.” Soarin added.

“No problem.” Dash answered and with that the wonderbolts left the building.

They were now back at the balloon and loaded Lightning Dust in the balloon carefully not wanting to injure the wing. Dash was awarded the young fliers award and headed back home to Ponyville with the girls.

Even after all that… she was now currently at Sweet Apple Acres fixing up the roof top of the barn.

“Why do I only have to this? Lightning Dust was in on it to!” She complained.

“If ah’m not mistaken Lightning Dust is grounded since she can’t fly for the time being and yah are the only other pony who made this mess.” Applejack answered sending Dash a glare with Lightning Dust observing from a more comfortable angle sipping an apple juice.

“Thanks for this AJ I needed it.” She said

“You know I’m starting to not like you AJ.” Rainbow said hammering a nail in with her hoof as Lightning and Applejack shared a laugh.

Well Dash might have performed the legendary Sonic Rainboom but Rainbow Dash is still Rainbow Dash.

Author's Note:

If you are wondering why the opening has changed...well it's due to a small problem with Youtube which is not allowing me to view videos that aren't in my country, and due to the same reason I also had to switch the ending with the shorter version.