• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,495 Views, 32 Comments

Moonburst Chronicles - Code Breaker



AU: Trixie's life was simple. Study, study, and study some more. Until the possible return of Nightmare Moon comes up. But stopping her is only the start of the new everyday life she will experience in the town of Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 32
 1,495

Call of the Cutie

School; the one thing a filly and/or colt have to go through to learn all about the history of their world. It all starts in a small school building; the building itself is a wooden building with red paint and white trimmings around it, and it had a large school bell above it.

Inside its walls had a classes filled with students, but one in particular was run being run by assistant teacher Cheerliee. The class contained only sixteen students in it.

The students were fillies and colts that were talking amongst others until their teacher and her assistant came in.

“Alright kids settle down.” The teacher states in a calming tone in which all the students paid attention.

“You may start now Miss Cheerliee.” The teacher said to Cheerliee who nods.

Cheerliee went to the front of the class over to a picture stand.

“Today’s lesson will be about cutie marks.” She said as she pulled the cover off the picture stand revealing a picture with a variety of cutie marks on it.

“Could anypony tell me what a cutie mark represents?” Cheerliee asked only for a fillies hoof to be raised. The filly that raised her hoof had a light tan coat a red puffy mane wore purple rimmed glasses with blue eyes, this fillies name is Twist

“A ponies cutie mark represents a ponies specials talent.” She said.

She nodded at her and smiled “Very good Twist it represents a pony’s talent, but not all ponies start out with a cutie mark.” Cheerliee stated.

“Everypony starts out without having a cutie mark, until a pony can realize their potential a cutie mark will take shape.” Cheerliee said.

A filly commonly known as Applebloom was scribbling on her paper as the teacher continued talking but was interrupted by the filly next to her was Diamond Tiara. Diamond Tiara has a bubblegum pink coat and mane that is mainly a light purple with streaks of white.

“Psst.” She whispered to her. Applebloom looked toward her only to her holding a piece of paper in her mouth. Then she heard another noise coming from her left which was another filly known as Silver Spoon motioning Applebloom to pass the paper over to her.

Applebloom went to grab the note and was about to pass it before being noticed by Cheerliee.

“Applebloom!” Cheerliee said as she approached her.

“Are you passing a note?” Cheerliee said. By now AB dropped the note that she had but it turned out that there was nothing on it to begin with.

“Why there’s nothing on it, a blank note.” Cheerliee said looking at it.

Tiara just snickered in response “Remind you of anypony?” Tiara taunted.

The class began laughing at her… well not everypony laughed, Emerald stayed quiet trying not to get involved while another filly was a bit annoyed.

“If I may point out we all started out without one last time I check.” A fillies voice said sounding a small bit annoyed. Tiara and Silver looked back and notice the ash gray filly in the back of the class had spoken up.

“Is that right Cheerliee?” She asked with a smile on her face.

“That is correct Pen; we all didn’t have our cutie marks right away. You have to figure out your talent for yourselves.” Cheerliee replied.

Call of the Cutie

Class went on as usual and eventually ended, class let out as all the fillies and colts ran out toward home, except for two fillies Emerald and Applebloom walked out of the school with Applebloom hanging her head low.

“Oh c’mon AB don’t let them get to you.” Emerald said trying to cheer her up.

“I know but I just don’t know what to do about them.” AB said lifting her head up to meet her gaze. Before Emerald could speak she was interrupted by those same fillies that were bugging AB this morning

“To do about what? Getting yourselves a cutie mark.” Tiara said in a sarcastic tone with Silver Spoon at her side.

“Like what is oh so special about you.” She said again showing them her cutie mark.

“Silver got hers and I just got mine.” She said.

“Oh and don’t worry. You’re still invited to my party later today. Though it will be rather lonely as nopony will want to hang out with you blank flank losers.” The two laughed.

“Good one D.” Silver said Emerald had enough of it.

“Why don’t you two pick on some filly your own size?” Emerald said stepping between Applebloom and the two bullies. Tiara and Silver glared at her.

“And just what are you going to do miss half blind?” Silver said taking a step toward Emerald who steps back cringing.

“Um… well.” She began but Silver got in her face.

“Then stay out of it blank flank.” She said with a sneer.

Tiara looked at the fillies “It’s not like there’s anything special about you two.” She said as both her and Silver Spoon walked off laughing.

Emerald and AB looked at each other worried looks plastered on their muzzles.

“We’re in big trouble.” They both said.

After the run in with the bullies Emerald headed back home and started pacing about her room. Her mom not back yet due to helping out the teacher with grading papers.

“Oh what am I going to do?” She glanced at the clock it was almost two o’clock

“Tiara’s party is at four so I got a couple hours till then, she practically invited everypony in class to it but doesn’t mean I’m going to give up looking for my talent.” She said.

“But who should I go to.” She pondered for a minute or two before she finally came up with her idea.

“Of course! Miss Pommel! She’s an earth pony and able to make dresses even without magic.” She said giddily running downstairs.

“Maybe she can help me.” And with that she was off to her new destination.

The boutique wasn’t far so she got there rather quickly. She knocked on the door a few times until either Coco or Rarity answered, and with her luck Coco was the pony who answered

“Oh hello Emerald what brings you here today? You need a dress?” Coco asked politely.

“No actually. I want to make a dress!” She said happily.

Coco was taken aback by what the filly had just requested.

“Now why the sudden interest in making dresses?” Coco said looking at the filly in confusion. Emerald took a deep breath and began.

“We were talking about cutie marks today in class that it represents a ponies talent and today is also Diamond Tiara party for getting her cutie mark and that she said that there isn’t anything special about a pony with no cutie mark and I need a my cutie mark to appear right now!” She said rather quickly.

“So that’s what this is about... getting your cutie mark as quickly as possible?” Coco said and the filly nodded. Coco brought her hoof to her chin.

“I’m sorry but I can’t help you in that department.” Coco said with a disappointed frown.

“Why not?” Emerald frowned.

“A wise pony once said to me that sometimes you can’t force something to happen because you want it to happen, sometimes it is best to be patient and before you know it.” Coco chirps as she paused looking at her purple hat cutie mark recalling a memory.

“What you’ve been waiting on is right in front of you.” She finished.

Emerald leaned her head sideways in confusion “It’s best to wait, your still young and still have a lot to learn. Are there any others in your class without a cutie mark?” She asked. Emerald pondered her question

“Well… there’s me, Applebloom, Twist, and Pen.” Emerald said sheepishly

“Then maybe asking one of them to go to the party with you would that make you feel better.” Coco suggests.

“I guess you’re right, well thanks anyway.” Emerald said sped off to find her friends Twist and Applebloom along with the filly Pen that stood up for her as Coco shakes her head giggling at the antics.

“Foals these days. Just so eager to grow up.” Coco said as she went back inside the boutique.

After a few minutes of walking and asking a few older ponies if they knew where Pendragon lived she arrived at Sunset’s home. She noticed a note on the front door.

To whom it may concern:
All appointments are currently canceled at the moment due to…a situation, and as such no other pony is allowed in at this moment.
-Sunset Shimmer.

Emerald groans at this “Maybe Twist is out! I’m sure we can still go together along with Applebloom!” she thought and walked off.

Emerald began looking around for her friend Twist and seeing if Applebloom was anywhere.

“Ugh… I wish I could see out my other eye instead of straining my neck to look around all the time.” She grunted. She walked around the Ponyville square for a while when she spotted her friend Twist eating an ice cream sitting under a shade tree nearby.

She waved at her “Hey Twist!” She called out to her as she waved back at her. Emerald approached her.

“What’s up Emerald?” She asked

“Here’s an idea about this party, maybe all three of us could go together.” She said.

“Three of us?” She said with confusion

“Yeah you know me, you, and Applebloom? At least we don’t have to suffer alone from those two bullies and maybe we might actually get back at them.” Emerald said.

Twist shifted a little bit nervously as if something had happened.

“Um… well you see…” Twist paused and show Emerald her side of her flank revealing that she had her cutie mark.

Twist’s cutie mark was that of a two pink and white striped candy canes crossing each other. Emerald hung her mouth open.

“Isn’t it swell, I didn’t thought of it at first, but I guess making candy was my special talent after all.” Twist said happily.

Emerald looks at the cutie mark on her friends flank and blinks. She than rubbed her eyes and saw it was still.

“Yeah swell I guess you can call it that.” Emerald bluntly stated as Twist slightly frowns.

“We are still friends right?” Twist asked perking Emerald right up.

“Sure of course we are still friends.” She said quickly as Twist’s smile quickly returns.

“Okay well see you at the party.” Twist cheered finishing off her ice cream and took off awaiting the party.

After finally finding her friend only to see she had her cutie mark Emerald found a place to sit down on her haunches and frowned.

“Hey why the long face there kiddo?” a mare’s voice boomed out making her jump into the tree catching a branch. She looked around vigorously to see who spoke.

“Whoops, sorry about that Pinkie says I’m making a habit of doing that.” The same mare’s voice said again.

The source of the voice came out of a cloud revealing the locak prankster Lightning Dust.

“Oh hello Miss Dust.” Emerald says politely as she climbed out of the tree.

“Just call me Dust kiddo. So what’s got you down?” Dust asked getting Emerald out of the tree she was in.

“Well you see…” She began and she explained what happened to her today. About today’s class was about cutie marks, Diamond Tiaras party that she invited everypony to and the part where she and Applebloom were being bullied.

“…and that’s why I need my cutie mark to appear like today!” Emerald shouted.

Lightning Dust blinked a few times and stared at Emerald blankly taking in what she was just told.

“So… that’s… what this is all about?” She questioned.

“YES!” Emm shouted again sounding desperate.

“What did your mom say?” Lightning asked.

“Umm… That we should find our special talent on our own.” Emerald said annoyingly.

“Then there yah go.” Dust cheered then looked up at the sky noticing clouds forming above.

“Well I gotta jet kiddo, but hey you’ll get your cutie mark. Never know maybe an idea of what it is will come to yah.” Dust says heading off quickly to clear the clouds that were forming leaving a puzzled Emerald to ponder what she had just been told.

“Ideas huh?” Emerald said and a light went off in her head as she grinned.

“I’ll just try some ideas and maybe one of them has to be my talent, oh Emerald Jewel you are a genius!” She smiled widely and giggled.

She began to walk down the street… only for a rake to come up and hit her in the muzzle.

“Now who put this here?” She said glaring at the rake and glancing around swearing she heard a giggle come from a rock.

After that she had started to spend her time doing various tasks in an effort to obtain her cutie mark any way possible. But each time she only ended up crashing, hurting a hoof, or was thrown off of something. She was now sitting at a stump marking off all her failed ideas on paper.

“Paragliding was a dud, cow riding no, material arts…defiantly no, ugh I just don’t know what to do.” She looked at the town clock and saw the time.

“Tiara’s party begins in less than two hours and I still don’t have a cutie mark yet.” She said in frustration throwing down the pencil she had been using.

She sigh’s about to give up when she saw Applebloom and Rainbow Dash who looked like they were about to try to paraglide like she had earlier.

“Hey Applebloom!” She called out running towards her and Dash.

She skidded to a halt right in front of them being careful not to bump into them.

“Oh uh hi Emm, what’s up?” Applebloom asked.

“Oh you know trying to get my cutie mark too.” Emerald squeaks in response to which Dash smirks.

“Looks like I’m going to get a work out today.” Dash replied confidently.

“Why don’t join us you know what they say two is better than one.” Dash said moving onward.

“Are you up for some paragliding Emerald?” She asked getting a wide smile in response.

“Alright then let’s do this thing!” Dash shouted out as she and the other two fillies rushed off.

They got to a small cliff that was still high enough them to glide down to a strip of grassy plain nearby.

“Okay you two ready?” Rainbow asked

“Ready.” They said in unison.

“I said are you READY!” Rainbow shouted with encouragement putting as much energy as she could in her shout.

“READY!” They shouted together as Dash blew her whistle to signal them to start.

Applebloom was getting a good running start but tripped over her hooves and tumbled to a stop near the edge of the cliff.

Meanwhile Emerald was able to get off the ground only to land tangled up in a tree below them.

“Uh a little help here would be nice.” She said and it was on to the next thing.

“Roller Derby. GO!” Dash shouted blowing into her couch whistle again.

This time both Emerald and AB were in full roller derby gear, and as Dash’s whistle blew three dark gray colored colts came skating towards them and since it being a Roller Derby course knocking ponies over was the name of the game. They both tried to out skate them but to no avail as all three of them trounced them as soon as they made contact.

But unfortunately the three colts that collided into them were a complete mess and tangled in one another. Applebloom skated out without a scratch just giggling to herself while Emerald was at the bottom of the pile. She shook her head and like last time it was on to the next thing.

“Zip Lining. GO!” She blew her whistle a third time that and they were off Emerald going first with Applebloom coming from behind.

Everything was going well they were both enjoying themselves but they were at a steep decline meaning they were going really fast.

So fast that about mid way through it the line began making smoke and then it burst into flames and snapped all together causing both Emerald and AB to fall and land in a small creek, and luckily it wasn’t too deep but they were still drenched in water.

After more attempts they meet up at a tree near the boutique.

“Tried that one, and that, done, did already…” Dash began looking at a list of things they did as Emerald and Applebloom were drying themselves off from that last thing they did.

“You still think we can get our cutie marks in a day?” Emerald asked

“Ah’m sure we can… ah think.” Applebloom says as Dash continued to go over the list.

Suddenly they began hearing small giggles coming closer and it turns out it was Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon again. It looked like Diamond was carrying a large blue box with a yellow bow tied to it to keep it sealed.

“I can’t wait to try on my new dress for the party it’s going to be a blast.” Diamond said

“You said it Tiara everypony in town will be paying attention to you for once.” Silver said cheerfully.

Emerald and Applebloom had to hide quickly Emerald grabbed onto a branch in the tree and AB simply hid behind the tree to avoid detection.

They made sure they’ve left before coming out of there hiding spots.

“Yah here that Emm.” AB said looking at her and she nodded.

“We really don’t have much time before her party starts and we should really get going.” Emerald said and before they could go and find something else to do a pink blur stopped right in front of them.

“Hey girls what’s up?” Pinkie smiled

“Oh uh hey Pinkie. Oh nothing out of the ordinary.” Emerald said nervously.

“So how’s it going looking for your cutie marks?” Pinkie questioned.

“It’s going...” Applebloom began then paused.

“Wait how’d yah know that.” Applebloom then asked.

“It’s a secret.” Pinkie whispered literally zipping her mouth shut.

“Uh yeah, but not going as well as we thought it would.” Emerald said.

Pinkie unzipped her mouth as the green filly said this.

“Hmm… well you two do seem like the two who would be good at eating cupcakes.” Pinkie finally said.

“Eating cupcakes?” They both said in unison.

“Eating cupcakes?” Dash said looking at her in confusion.

“Eating cupcakes! I’m sure you two would be great at it now let’s go.” Pinkie said hop, skip, and jumping along her way back to Sugarcube Corner. Emerald and Applebloom looked at each other for a second.

“You think this is the best idea?” Emerald said.

“Well what we got tah lose.” Applebloom said smiling.

“Our dignity.” Emerald answered in a deadpan tone.

“See yah later Dash!” They both called out in unison and ran toward Sugarcube Corner.

They followed Pinkie into the kitchen area of Sugarcube Corner and looked around for the cupcakes.

“So where are the cupcakes?” Emerald asked.

“Cuze ah’m ready tah chow down.” Applebloom adds looking in the oven as Pinkie lets out a giggle closing the oven.

“Oh you silly fillies they’re not here.” Pinkie said.

“Huh?” the both said until Pinkie threw bakers hats on them.

“We got to make the cupcakes first.” Pinkie tells them smiling widely.

“Well I guess I cupcake making cutie mark works to.” Emerald said.

“Better than nothing ah guess.” Applebloom adds to which Pinkie pops up to her side.

So they started getting to work on making the cupcakes that would be devoured anyway. After what seemed like two hours and about nineteen failed attempts at making cupcakes, the kitchen was a real mess with flour everywhere along with dough, mixing batter, and any other essential ingredient that was spread along the floors. Finally Emerald let out a loud grunt and threw the bakers hat off her head.

“This is pointless.” Emerald said frustrated.

“We’ve been at this for two hour and to no point of success.” She began walking out.

“We might as well forget about getting a cutie mark in baking.” She adds in disappointment.

“Then what’s that on your flank?” Pinkie questioned.

Emerald froze mid walk and tried to look at what’s on her flank but she had to really crane her neck to look.

“What is it?” she looked excited but see couldn’t see so she went over to an over turned frying pan and looked at her flank in the reflection.

It was a white spot on her flank, but that’s practically what it was.

“What is it?! A mixing bowl, no trio of cupcakes, a mixing spoon?” She asked excitedly said trying to imagine her cutie mark, but it was all for not when Pinkie blew on the white spot and it disappeared.

“Nope it was just excess flour silly!” Pinkie smiled.

Emerald’s ears drooped at what it really was.

“Oh ponyfeathers, ah thought you really had one there Emm.” Applebloom says, but just in case she looked at her flank at any signs one showed up but there was none.

The door flung open to the kitchen and there was a gasp.

“What in Equestria happened in here?” A mare’s voice called out. Pinkie and the other two fillies looked toward the door and notice a certain azure blue unicorn mare and an ash grey unicorn filly with her.

“Hey Trix, Penny. What’s up girls?” Pinkie said waving her hoof at them rapidly.

“Why is Pen with yah?” Applebloom asked as said filly waved at them looking rather embarrassed.

“Sunset got sick because she had a night class to take care of and she walked home in the cold a few nights ago, so she’s asked me to look after her till she recovers.” Trixie answered

“And a certain filly was a real troublemaker today.” She then adds looking at Pen who gave a sheepish smile.

“What? You said that I could try to get my cutie mark in rope swinging.” Pen argued.

“I also said it was dangerous and I nearly broke my hoof in a panic to keep up with you.” Trixie countered as the filly grumbles under her breath as Trixie looks back to Pinkie and the other fillies.

“I thought we could use a break, and Pen was hoping to try to get a cutie mark in baking.” She says to them.

“Sure. Maybe her cupcakes will turn out as well as Applebloom’s and Emerald’s.” Pinkie says bringing out there’s from the oven.

“Here want to try some?” Pinkie said bringing out the baking sheet showing the cupcakes the two made were burnt.

“Um… no thank you Pinkie but I’m sure they’re good all the same.” Trixie said nervous.

“Well okay.” Pinkie shrugs as Emerald and Applebloom sprinted over to Trixie.

“Trixie you gotta help us please.” They pleaded at the same time as Pen goes to help Pinkie and maybe learn a bit of baking from her.

“With what exactly?” Trixie asked them as she glanced over at Pen as the two took in a breath before launching into telling her what has happened during the whole day.

“Diamond Tiara’s party is today and we talking about cutie marks today in class and she talk about other ponies without cutie marks aren’t anything special so we’ve been trying all day to get our cutie marks before then, but we really need ours right now!” They whined.

Trixie already figured where this was going and shakes her head firmly.

“Oh no, that’s out of the question, I can’t just make a cutie mark appear until it’s time.” Trixie stated sternly.

“Can yah at least try?” Applebloom said as both of them staring at her with puppy eyes pleading to her.

Trixie couldn’t take it anymore having fallen prey to those eyes on more than one occasion.

“Fine I guess I’ll try but you’re not going to like the result.” Trixie said as her horn glowed pointing it at both there flanks. A cutie mark started to appear on both of them but quickly vanished.

“Try again.” They said as Trixie began again with her magic, and as seconds past several cutie marks appeared and disappeared just as they came.

Trixie was exhausted after using that spell multiple times and she was sweating a lot. Trixie wipes off the sweat from her forehead.

“I’m sorry you two but a cutie mark just won’t appear till it’s time.” Trixie said as the two groan in disappointment walking off.

“But now what do we do, the party could start any…” Emerald started but was interrupted by Applebloom.

“Um… Emm.” Applebloom said pointing her hoof toward the other half of the store to reveal that everypony was there for the party.

There were streamer sand balloons throughout the place along with many different appetizers and at the center was the cake for Diamond Tiara.

And looking around they could both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon right in the middle of it all. They were both wearing a dress specifically for the party.

Diamond Tiara’s dress consist of a short yellow and purple dress that covered most of her tail, a yellow saddle with pink dots around it.

Silver Spoon’s was a dark blue and purple short dress that like Tiaras covered most of her tail, also a bright pink saddle she wore with bright yellow stripes going down it.

They both gulped at seeing those two nervous about the two bullies seeing them.

“This isn’t good.” Emerald said in a panic.

“How could we forget that Pinkie was hosting the party in the first place.”Applebloom said nervously trying to find a way out.

They both began searching for a way out and saw the door leading outside wide open. They both ducked under a table with a punch bowl on top of it and began to move it trying to be stealthy as possible. They stopped a moment so that a pony could grab a drink from it and then they were on the move.

They were now only a bit away from the door.

“We’re almost there. Just a little bit further.” Emerald says with a small bit of glee.

They decide to abandon their table and tried to make a break for it. They were just about there when an orange mare and a cerise mare entered in which the orange colored pony is Applebloom’s older sister Applejack and the other was Emerald’s mother and assistant teacher Cheerliee.

“Well looks like yah decide to come after all huh little sis.” Applejack said entering and slowly walking them back toward the ongoing party.

“So this is the party Pinkie was talking about. I suppose you were invited Emerald my dear?” Cheerliee said. Both mares blocked out and ruined their chance to escape the humiliation that was slowly but surely coming.

“Hey aren’t those some of your friends’ sis?” AJ said pointing out to the two bullies approaching them with a smug grin on their faces. Applebloom and Emerald knew what was coming and they had to find something to hide their flanks and quick.

“Well we will leave you to talk to them.” Cheerliee says as her and Applejack leave to see Trixie.

Applebloom grabbed the cloth from the table they were just at without spilling the punch and tied it to her. Emerald went to grab another on nearby and did the same thing. The two bullies approached them.

“Nice dress you two.” Diamond said smugly.

“Uh thanks just something we thrown together last minute.” Emerald said trying to hide her nervousness.

“So what did a flank blanks like you two finally get your cutie marks or did you come here to embarrass yourselves?” Silver snickered.

Applebloom spoke up “W-we have ah cutie mark.” AB pronounced catching the two of the off guard

“What!? Since when?” Tiara exclaimed expressing her curiosity

“Oh just a few hours ago.” Emerald said bluntly.

“Can we see them?” Silver said her eyes gleaming with a hint of interest.

“Uh… sorry but Ah don’t think that be a good idea.” AB said

“Why not?” Tiara questioned growing suspicious as Emm and Applebloom looked at each other as if asking the other for an excuse.

“Well I think what she’s trying to say that ours are so neat in a way of saying that it would draw all the attention to us and not to you two.” Emerald saying trying to divert their attention elsewhere.

“Well guess you two should enjoy your party, see yah.” Applebloom replied motioning Emm to follow her. They were about to reach the door when AB tripped on part of the cloth and tumbled showing everypony her blank flank. Emerald’s cloth slipped out when somepony stepped on it and showing her blank flank to the two bullies.

The bullies approached them again with the same smug expression on their face.

“Wow what a nice cutie mark.” Tiara started sarcastically

“It’s so rare in a way don’t you agree…” Silver continued

“Blank Flanks!” The both said in union. They both began laughing at the two fillies when a voice broke out

“You got a problem with blank flanks!” The voice said it sound like a fillies voice come from the table near the kitchen.

“What did you just say?!” Tiara said with a scowl. Two fillies came out from under the table. The first was a pegasus filly with dark orange coat and a dark magenta mane and tail with purple eyes.

The second one was a unicorn filly with a cream white coat and a light pink and light purple mane and tail both were put into curls and in bounced whenever the filly moved. The pegasus filly spoke up again.

“I said; Do you have a problem with blank flanks!” she said again her little wings flared outward.

“And what’s it to you there nothing that special if you ask me.” Tiara stated.

“Actually it means they have a lot of potential if you ask me.” The unicorn filly said defending both Applebloom and Emerald.

“Yeah you never know what those two are really capable of what they could become; they could be doctors, lawyers, or maybe even mayor some day.” The pegasus filly countered.

“So what?” Tiara began.

“There’s still nothing special about them.” She added.

“Actually little one they do have something they each share.” Trixie interrupted as Pen walked up with her.

“Am I right?” She looked toward the fillies. The two show them there flanks, which they too didn’t have cutie marks either

“No way I thought Pen and us we the only ones.” Emerald said as Pen watched wide-eyed.

“We thought that too.” The pegasus filly said.

“They still get the chance to find out the excitement, and the mysteries about finding their true talents and that’s where the true fun really lies.” Trixie stated.

After that fillies and colts began circling the four of them asking them all sorts of questions and commenting them. Tiara and Silver stood there flabbergasted.

“Hey I thought this party was about me not those blank flanks you’re supposed to be paying attention to me!” Tiara huffed.

“It’s okay D maybe…” Silver started putting a hoof on her friend’s side.

“Ugh… C’mon Silver.” Diamond interrupted and stormed off with Silver right behind her.

The five fillies then gathered at a table with new friends.

“Oh yeah forgot to introduce ourselves; names Scootaloo or call me Scoots.” Scoots introduced.

“I’m Sweetie Belle.” She said with a smile

“Names Applebloom, and that’s Emerald Jewel.” Applebloom said

“Or Emm would be fine.” Emerald added.

“And I’m Pendragon, but you can just call me Pen.” Pen said as she giggled.

“Now that we’ve become friends and all… we are friends right?” Applebloom asked.

“Like totally, Diamond Tiara drives us crazy, we each don’t have a cutie mark, so how can we not be friends.” Scoots exclaimed accidently hitting Emerald on her left side as she waved her hoof.

“Whoops sorry there.” She apologized.

“It’s okay I should be used to it by now.” Emerald replied.

“Just be careful were you are with me.” She said instantly confusing Scootaloo and Sweetie.

“Hey since there’s the five of us maybe we should form a secret society.” Sweetie Belle cheered.

“A society huh, but it needs ah name.” AB states as they began pondering ideas.

“The Cutie Mark Quintet.” Scootaloo blurted out.

“Oh how about the Cutie Mark Five.” Sweetie cheered.

Emerald pondered a minute “How about the Cutie Mark Crusaders?” She said nervously.

“The Cutie Mark Crusaders ah like it! What about you girls?” Applebloom said waiting for them to answer and they nodded.

“Then it’s settled the Cutie Mark Crusaders it is.” Applebloom cheered.

Watching events unfold before her Trixie took a paper and quill from her saddle bag and began write.

“Dear Princess Celestia; I’m writing to you from a party Pinkie pie is currently throwing. I’m happy to say that five have learned an important lesson about friendship. What you think sets you apart and is afraid will tear your friendship apart can also be what brings you together.

Your Faithful Student, Trixie Lulamoon.

P.S. How is Princess Luna doing since her return? Please tell her Trixie Lulamoon says hello.”