• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,492 Views, 32 Comments

Moonburst Chronicles - Code Breaker



AU: Trixie's life was simple. Study, study, and study some more. Until the possible return of Nightmare Moon comes up. But stopping her is only the start of the new everyday life she will experience in the town of Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 32
 1,492

A Mile In Her Hooves

Author's Note:

I know that I shouldn't have to say this again, but Pendragon Quill belongs to me. If you want to use her in a story on this site please send me a message.

It was a regular Sunday morning in Ponyville as inside a certain tutoring house an ash grey filly was reading from a beginner’s magic book. She closed the book and got into a position to brace herself in case what she is about to do goes wrong.

“Okay here we go.” She said in a determined tone.

She focused magic into her horn which glows a red-orange and it had begun to spark a bit as she attempted to lift the flower pot located near a window

“Come on just a bit more.” Pen said still determined to lift the object off the ground but what she didn’t know was that she was concentrating too much magic which was building in her horn, and without warning…a loud boom had occurred.

When she woke up from the boom, the place was in shambles, everything was out of place and in a state that would possibly make Trixie faint.

“Oh ponyfeathers.” Pen whispered as she tries to clean up the place and make it try and look like nothing had happened.

“This is not going to end well. I just know it.” Pen thought as she hurried to fix up the damage she unintentionally caused.

A Mile in Her Hooves

Elsewhere before the loud boom Sunset Shimmer was at Sugarcube corner getting herself and her sister a breakfast snack; that is if she can stay awake to get it. She was nodding off every now and then but still barely awake.

In order to keep her mind occupied and possibly awake she had brought a book with her that she had begun to read.

“Arcane. A sub-species to three of the four known pony species. From birth they have the ability to control one of a various numbers of elements (Fire, Water, Wind, etc), but only control one. Only one of each element is ever born, but the amount of elements and variations on similar ones are numerous. So it is actually unknown how many Arcane’s there are.” Sunset read in a whisper and let out a small weak chuckle.

“Are you alright dear?” asked a pony coming out of the kitchen. The pony was Mrs. Cake an earth pony mare with a light cerulean coat with a light crimson and pale, light grayish crimson mane with rose colored eyes and three cupcakes as her cutie mark.

Sunset perked up to meet the mare eyes “Yeah… just a rough week that’s all.” She said weakly but still able to be heard.

“You wouldn’t believe all the tutoring I’ve had to do. I was able to help Snips and Snails get control of their magic and it took about three days to get Dinky’s magic to develop when she’s not running around all day long, plus there is my sister to deal…” Before Sunset could finish she was interrupted by a loud boom that shook the ground.

“What was that?!” Sunset now fully alert the sound having woke her up completely.

“I think that came from your house dear.” Mrs. Cake said as Sunset quickly paid for her breakfast, placed the snacks and book in her saddlebag and ran with speed that would impress Rainbow Dash.

When she got home she burst through the door only to reveal her home was a wreck. When looked around most of her spell books for the fillies and colts were all scattered and over half of them were burnt. Her furniture was all flipped over on its sides.

And too top it all a filly was standing there with suet over her mane and coat with a nervous smile “Um… hey sis… um welcome back.” She said sweating bullets.

Sunset just looked at the scene her eye twitching slightly as she looked back to Pen.

“So… may I ask… what caused this?” Sunset said trying not to lose her temper as her saddle bag fell off her. Pen took in a deep breath before reluctantly answering.

“I was practicing a levitation spell from one of your books and it kind of went out of control and I might have accidently caused this mess from a magic overload.” She said it all in one breath, taking in a breath after she finished.

Sunset felt herself about to explode in anger but restrained herself “Easy Sunset, she’s your sister. I’m sure she wasn’t doing this on purpose.” She thought before letting out a deep sigh.

“Well at least you’re not hurt. Now how about you help me clean up this mess?” She said with a smile getting straight to cleaning.

After about a half hour of cleaning, reorganizing, and polishing of everything Sunset had decided walked upstairs to lay down for awhile her exhaustion from the previous days tutoring catching up to her.

“Pen before I go lay down your breakfast from Sugarcube Corner is in my saddlebag, it’s your favorite blue cupcake with sapphire sprinkles.” She called down.

“Okay thank you sis!” Pen says happily with a smile.

“And please for Celestia’s sake don’t cause any trouble while I’m asleep.” Sunset pleaded rubbing her head.

“Alright, now go rest up.” Pen said in annoyance as she rolled her eyes too, and with that said Sunset had gone up the stairs and the sound of a door opening then closing was heard.

Pen got into her sisters bag and got the cupcake to start munching on.

“She worries too much. How much trouble can a filly like me cause?” She thought as she finished and then looked towards the book she had been looking at earlier before the explosion. She gave a silent nod to herself determined to try and master simple levitation.

“Alright time to get back to practicing, but what should I practice on?” She asks looking around and saw the flower pot, but shook her head the recent overload still fresh in her mind.

Then something caught her eye, it was an gold medallion with three amber suns circling a medium size topaz gem hanging on a small hanger above a few photos so she couldn’t reach it unless she used levitation.

“That’ll work” she thought and began to concentrate on the medallion with her magic. The medallion began to glow in Pen’s red-orange aura beginning to levitate the object from where it was hanging.

“That’s it just a bit more.” She whispered as it was now eye level with her. She was so focused that she didn’t hear a door open then close from upstairs.

“Wow.” She said in aspiration, and it was at that moment that Sunset decided to come back down the stairs.

“I almost forgot my breakfast.” She said. Her voice surprised Pen so much she yelped tossing the medallion up in her levitation before the aura disappeared from around it.

All was heard next was a loud crash as the medallions gem was shattered when it hit the floor. A silence filled the room, both sisters staring at each other, and then Pen broke the silence.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” she pleaded but Sunset walked past her in an almost trance like state toward the broken medallion which the gem was nowhere to be seen on it only small fragments laid around it.

“Pen I’m only going to say this once. What did you do?” she asked coldly not looking at her.

“Um…I was practicing my magic.” She answered with a nervous giggle.

“And what in Tartarus possessed you to do so?” Sunset continued her voice cold as ice.

“Well I…” Pen began before she was interrupted by her sister.

“Did you even think about why it was on the hanger up there!?” She raised her voice.

“Well I wanted to get a better look at it, what’s so important about it anyway?” she asked cocking her head a bit.

Sunset’s horn began flashing in anger “This belonged to my elder brother before you were even born!” She yelled turning to Pen who was shaking a bit.

“And another thing if you want to learn levitation why didn’t you come to me about it!” Sunset yelled in frustration as bits of her mane began to stick up.

“Well I would’ve…” Pen began looking at Sunset sternly

“IF YOU WOULD ACTUALLY MAKE TIME FOR ME!” Pen yelled.

“Watch your tone little missy, that’s no way to talk to your older sister!” Sunset says her tone as her own voice began to rise along with her temper.

“Well excuse me but when you are available it was already; nine times out of ten LATE IN THE EVENING!” She raised her voice to Sunset.

“WELL IF YOU COULD SEE HOW I GO THROUGHOUT MY DAY YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND!” Sunset yelled

“ALL OF WHAT I DO BRINGS BITS INTO THIS HOME!” Sunset continued angered.

“WELL IF YOU TEACH OTHER FILLIES AND COLTS THERE MAGIC WHY NOT ME? DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE NOT BEING ABLE TO CONTROL OR EVEN USE YOUR MAGIC FULLY?!” Pen shouts back

It became a screaming match between the two siblings until Sunset trotted out the door leaving her sister in the house.

“She doesn’t understand one bit what I do to keep this place I’ve got here.” Sunset said still holding the medallion in her hoof.

“Does she brother?” She said looking down at the broken medallion holding it closer to herself.

After their little shout fest she was stopped by Trixie who was watching as Lightning was eating a bag of popcorn on a bench nearby.

“Did you really need to scream?” Trixie said taking corks out of her ears. Sunset blushed in embarrassment.

“You two heard all that?” she asked sheepishly, they both nodded in response

“Sorry about that but Pendragon was being a bit unbearable.” Sunset continued sounding extremely frustrated.

“Well it’s not like all of Ponyville heard you two if know what I mean.” Lightning said while tossing popcorn in the air before catching it with her tongue to pull it into her mouth then swallowed.

“But I’ve never seen you yell at your sister before.” Lightning finished.

“Maybe I’ll give her some time to cool off before I even think about stepping back in there.” Pointing her hoof to the door of her home and barely seen inside was Pen pacing in anger and possibly muttering.

“That would probably be for the best.” Trixie stated then came up with something to help try and lessen the tension.

“Hey to get our minds off things how we have a picnic with the others to calm things down a bit.” Trixie suggested which they both agreed.

“I’ll start packing.” Trixie said as she teleported away.

After gathering the rest of the girls they found a spot near a small pond for them to swim which Dash and Lightning enjoy which started up a water breathing competition to see who can hold their breaths the longest as an awkward silence fell over the others.

“So Trixie told us you had a squabble with you sister today, I hope nothing happened?” Coco asked. Sunset shook her head franticly.

“Nope! Nothing happened!” She said nervously shooting a small glare towards Trixie.

“You’re are a very bad liar Sunset.” Cheerliee stated

“So what is that you are trying to hide?” Cheerliee questioned pointing her hoof toward the object Sunset was trying to hide under her hoof.

She gave a defeated sigh “I guess I can’t hide anything from you.” She said in a dead pan tone.

“No.” Cheerliee replied giving a sly smile at the sun colored mare.

Sunset brought out the broken medallion from below her hoof to show them.

“Wow, what a beautiful medallion, is that actual gold?” Coco asked with a look of awestruck in her eyes.

Sunset shook her head lightly “No sorry it’s only Pyrite. Fool’s gold if you want to know.” Sunset said with a small chuckle.

“Aww shoot, I would’ve gone well with the new set of dresses Rarity and I have been working on.” Coco pouted only to receive stares from the other three.

“Ehehe please continue.” Coco said apologetically seeming to shrink in size.

Sunset gave a small smile toward her friend “It alright there girl, but this is very important to me.” She said with much sorrow.

“It belonged to my brother once.” Sunset finally said which caused the other to go wide eyed.

“Your brother! I didn’t know you had a brother at all!” Trixie said with surprise.

“What happened to him?” Cheerliee asked with concern.

“He died when he was in the guard, but I’ve learned to accept the loss and this medallion was a reminder of him.” Sunset said with only a tear escaping.

Sunset quickly wipe it away “He was the one who had taught me magic, and one of the reason’s I have the place I do. He also knew mom was sick and had asked me to take care of our baby sister if anything should happen.” Sunset stated than remember what happened today at home and her mood quickly changed from one of reminiscence to an annoyed glare at the ground.

“And if it weren’t for Pen I wouldn’t have to shovel out the bits it’s going to take to get it repaired!” she nearly screamed hitting the ground hard with a front hoof.

Her scream caused both Rainbow and Lightning to pop there head out of the water in surprise.

“Hey what’s the yelling for?!” Dash exclaimed giving Sunset an annoyed glare for interrupting the competition.

“Yeah, I was about to win!” Lightning complained as Dash looks at her.

“In your dreams Dust.” She replies with a smirk.

“Rainbow Aurora Dash, what did I tell about that bragging habit of yours?” Cheerliee said staring at her only to receive a groan from her before she answered.

“To keep it down to as little as possible.” She chanted in annoyance.

Cheerliee smiled “Very good. Now how about you two come over here and sit down.” Cheerliee waved them over and they sat down on their haunches.

“If only Pen understood what I have to go through everyday then maybe she would have a bit more respect for what I do.” Sunset said with a yawn her eyes drooping.

“You girls don’t mind if I take a small nap do you?” She asks her eyes starting to close already.

“Go right ahead it looks like you haven’t slept in a good while.” Coco gave a reassuring smile.

And before they knew it Sunset Shimmer was sleeping soundly with her ears pressed against her head.

“Well what should we do?” Lightning whispered.

“Well I could take her home before she wakes up.” Trixie whispered as she began to lift Sunset gently with her magic.

“And maybe I can get her side of the story about this problem.” She adds in a whisper as she began walking back toward Sunset’s place.

It took Trixie about ten minutes to get back to Sunset’s home and when she opened the door it was to her surprise there was no Pendragon in sight.

“I wonder where she went off to.” Trixie thought but continued upstairs to try and find Sunset’s room. After about the third door she finally was able to find her room which was indicated with her cutie mark on the door.

Sunset’s room consist of teal green colored walls with a queen size bed up against the wall with three book shelves filled with magic books for the young and a study desk that made Trixie impressed, but her room isn’t well organized as there was books scattered open on the ground and piled up on the desk.

Trixie gently put the sleeping Sunset on her bed and covered her with the blanket carefully so that she wouldn’t wake.

“Now to get Pen’s side of the story.” She thought as she walked out of the room and teleported outside the house.

When she got outside she spotted the ash grey filly walking out of Carousel Boutique, and she looked rather miffed.

“Well no time like the present I guess.” Trixie said as she began approaching Pen, and she got closer she notice a few things about her.

One her eyes were narrowed as if she was mad at something or somepony, second her pace was quicker which is normally a sign that she was going somewhere in a hurry or she was extremely mad, and third she kept muttering something to herself which Trixie took as another sigh of frustration.

Trixie cleared her throat to say something to Pen as she passed, but the filly stopped and looked at her.

“What do you want Trixie?” Pen states annoyed staring at Trixie.

Trixie was surprise at her attitude at first “Well I was just about to ask you about what happened between you and Sunset?” She asked quickly.

Pen gave a quick huff at the question “All because I broke something of hers she blows up in my face, and then she asks me why I don’t ask her about teaching me magic! I would, but she NEVER PLANS ANY TIME JUST FOR US!” Pen shouted out huffing by the end of her explanation.

“And that’s not all, do you know how hard it is for a filly like me to barely be able to use or control magic, its infuriating to say the least, and it just burns me up inside, and she doesn’t even understand how I even feel! I strain myself trying to learn simple levitation!” she ranted huffing by the end.

After the small outburst and Trixie listening to what she said Pen ran off in a fit of rage toward her home.

“So that’s what this is all about. The inability to understand one another.” Trixie pondered about it.

“So Sunset wants Pen to understand her work helps keep their home in order, and Pen wants Sunset to understand how useless not knowing almost no magic makes her feel.” Trixie thought and sat on her haunches as she closed her eyes to think a moment. She then opened them wide as something came to mind.

“To quote Rarity: IDEA!” Trixie screamed in her thoughts and clapped her hooves together.

“I just know what to do, they may hate me for it but it’ll be for the best… I hope.” Trixie said as she teleported back to the library in order to prepare for her plan.

Hours past and Luna’s night has covered the sky with her beautiful night with all the stars above. But in the mist of this gorgeous night a figure roams the streets of Ponyville quietly entering a neighboring house.

The figure avoided the valuable objects that would fetch plenty of bits and began to walk up the stairs. Her pale blue tail and magenta eyes could be seen.

The figure tripped and fell backwards a loud crash echoing all about the house, but no one awoke.

“Ugh…That’s it. I’m using an Illumination spell.” Trixie’s voice said as her horn lights up and she went back to the stairs.

As Trixie followed the staircase to the rooms above she passes a mirror show she is wearing a black burglar suit that kept her mane in it and that covered most of the body except her head, horn, and tail.

“Why Pinkie Pie has them stored all throughout Ponyville I will never know.” She thought as she got to the second floor.

She approached what seemed like Pen’s room. She slowly entered without waking the sleeping filly. Her room was more organized than Sunset’s, but it was hard to tell any colors due to it being nighttime.

Trixie began to approach the filly “Well surely hope I know what I’m doing.” She said internally as she cast the spell on the filly which flashed a bright magenta.

She went to Sunset’s room and proceeded to do the exact same thing. In both rooms they proceeded to glow teal for Sunset and red-orange for Pen in a manner of seconds the glow seemed to change as Sunset glowed red-orange and Pen teal.

With what she wanted to do done Trixie teleported herself outside the house and looked back.

“Oh pray Celestia that my plan goes right.” Trixie thought as she walked back to the safety of her library.

Pen began to stir as Celestia’s sun rose as the start of Monday morning came meaning the start of school.

Pen let out a yawn and fully opened her eyes which then widened as she saw she was not in her own room like she should be.

“Um…why am I in my sister’s room?” Pen thought as she began to scan the room, and she spotted a mirror that was on the door.

She got out of bed and walked over to it, and what stared back was a pony with brilliant yellow and vivid crimson mane and cyan eyes with a horn with a brilliant amber coat.

Her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she looked at what she saw. “What in Celestia’s name is going on here and why am I in my sisters body?!” She screamed internally and was externally screaming in fright. The scream was loud enough that it could heard all the way to Rainbow Dash’s cloud house.

Dash jumped out of the cloud bed in surprise and hit the ceiling before hitting the floor. She groaned getting up.

“That tears it! I’m investing in a pair of ear plugs!” Rainbow shouted out then looked to her left and right and face hooved.

“Why am I talking to myself? *Sigh* Great now I’m turning into Pinkie Pie.” She climbed back on her bed and planted her head in the pillow and went back to sleep while Pen was still yelling.

The yelling was enough to wake Sunset up who didn’t look at her surroundings and headed straight for the source of the yelling who she thought was Pen.

“Could you please quiet…down?” Sunset asked when she got in and stopped for two reasons: One she was talking in her sister’s voice, and two she was staring at her own body which was staring back at her.

“Give me a mirror.” Sunset says trying to sound stern, but with Pen’s voice it only came off as demanding and whiny. Pen closed the now open door and turned her around to face the mirror in the room and looking back at her was Pen’s body.

Sunset raised a hoof, and the image did the same at the same time. Suneset’s eyes became pinprick size as she realized what was going on.

“I’m… I’m a…I’M A FILLY!” She finally screamed.

“Excuse me but I don’t think I appreciate being you either you know.” Pen said as Sunset began pacing the room with a look of panic on her face.

“What could have caused this anyway?” Sunset said in a panic.

“Well maybe it could have been a POV spell.” Pen answered after a quick moment of thought making Sunset stop and stare at her.

“A POV spell?” Sunset asked tilting her head to the side.

“Really, you don’t know what the POV spell is?” Pen asked.

“Uhh…no. I’ve never heard of it until today.” Sunset admits.

“And I thought you were the tutor of spells?” Pen questioned.

“Just because I’m a tutor doesn’t mean I know every spell there is.” She countered annoyed.

“Anyways a POV spell is well basically you get to look at ponies POV and swap bodies with any other ponies in the area.” Pen explained.

“Except it’s extremely complicated so only a high level unicorn could possibly cast it.” She adds a hoof under her muzzle as she thought.

“But who could have cast it? I most certainly didn’t, and wouldn’t even think of doing that.” Sunset said as Pen gave her a quizzical look.

“And we know Rarity wouldn’t be able to either because she doesn’t have any experience with spells this complicated.” Pen continued.

“Uh Pen. Over half the town’s unicorn population couldn’t possibly pull it off.” Sunset pointed out as Pen just rolled her eyes.

“And those capable would probably have a good headache for a while as well as dangerously low mana.” Pen added.

“So in other words we are thinking of a high level unicorn with a large mana reserve capable of casting a difficult spell without possible backlash.” Sunset says

“But that means it would have to have been…” Pen starts

“Trixie!” they said in unison Sunset sounding a bit more annoyed.

“I’ll go talk to her.” Pen said as she began walking out of Sunset’s room as Sunset gets in her way trying to stop her from leaving.

“Whoa hold on why you? I can talk to her just as well.” Sunset protested a bit annoyed.

“As you can see I’m you and you’re me and today is a Monday so that mean it’s a school day so you’ll have to go to school little missy.” Pen said with a sly smirk at Sunset pouts.

“You’re enjoying this aren’t you?” Sunset said bluntly.

Pen’s response was to grab her with levitation, take her out of the room, put a saddlebag on her, and then throw her out of the door all while having a smile plastered on her face.

Sunset blinked as she looked back to the door of her home “How did she…she can’t even…oh never mind. We might as well just get this over with.” She thought and then got up in a huff walking off.

Sunset walked down the street to the school house where the other fillies and colts were going to with her saddlebag in tow.

“I can’t believe this, what would drive Trixie to do this? Oh when I get my hoofs on her…” her train of thought was interrupted when she pumped into somepony ahead of her.

“Watch where you’re going idiot!” said the filly.

She looked at who she bumped into, this filly was an earth pony and her coat was a pale magenta, with a light grayish violet with white streaks and her eyes were a brilliant cornflower blue, her cutie mark was that of a tiara which she was also wearing one on her head.

“Who is this again? Oh right Diamond Tiara I think.” She realized after a moment of thought.

“Sorry for that just wasn’t paying attention.” Sunset/Pen apologized sheepishly.

“Oh it’s just you blank flank.” Diamond says in an annoyed tone.

“Blank flank?” She thought in confusion as she then looked at the back of her flank.

“Oh that’s what she meant…Wait a minute!” She thought realizing what Diamond Tiara said to her and was a bit annoyed.

“So what if I am a blank flank that means I get to enjoy myself to find out what my destiny is.” She retorted.

“C’mon Di we better get going before we’re late again.” Called out another voice, the one was another earth pony filly with a cornflower bluish gray coat with a cerulean gray with cornflower bluish gray streaked mane braided into a pigtail and with grayish violet eyes with a cutie mark of a spoon adorned with a heart in it and wore big cyan glasses along with a cyan beaded necklace. This filly is known as Silver Spoon who is friends with Diamond Tiara.

“When it isn’t one it’s the other.” Sunset thought with a frown as she saw the two of them together

“Well I guess I’ll see you I class then.” Sunset/Pen said and proceeds towards the school house before the two could say anything else to her.

“This is going to be a long day.” She muttered under her breath.

While Sunset was dealing being in Pen’s body; Pen was still getting used to being in her sisters’ body, and unfortunately realized she wouldn’t be able to talk to Trixie about the POV spell she casted on them.

She looked at a calendar next to the refrigerator checking for anything important she had put on it.

“What does Sunset do all day anyway?” She questioned with no pony to answer her as she looked at the calendar with the date September 16th circled in red marker which said ‘Appointment with Dinky Doo at 12 o’clock’ on it which was today.

“At 12 o’clock with Dinky Doo that shouldn’t be a…” She looked at the clock which read 11:55 a.m.

“Problem.” She finished then realized what the time read and her eyes became pin prick size.

“GAH I’M GOING TO BE LATE!” Pen yelled running about in a circle then stopping after a few seconds.

“I better get moving then!” She said as she zoomed out of the house grabbing a few things as she went to meet her sister’s youngest student.

“This is going to be a long day.” She muttered running down the street passing many others in her hurry.

While back at the school Sunset was already bored out of her gourd but she could manage as study period began. She sat near the back of the class which she knew a few of the ponies there; like Emerald who was sitting on the right of her, and Applejack’s little sister Applebloom sitting just in front of her, Diamond Tiara sitting on Applebloom’s left and Silver Spoon on her right.

During middle of class Diamond Tiara began to pass a note to Applebloom but after taking a look at it she notice the paper was blank. Applebloom was hesitant at first but began to grab the note with both hooves which caught some attention.

“Applebloom, are you passing a note?” the assistant teacher which was Cheerliee at the time caught her as Applebloom dropped the note which was blank on the inside

“And why is it blank?” She asked with a bit of surprise.

“Remind you of anypony?” Diamond asked in a mocking tone at AB and began laughing at her along with Silver Spoon and most of the class except Sunset/Pen and Emerald who was afraid to counter them.

“Applebloom I’m very disappointed in you. I guess you will just have to stay in for today.” Cheerliee said with disappointment.

Having enough Sunset/Pen decided to finally jump in a bit tired of these bullies, and there constant antics of picking on others.

“Why didn’t Pen ever tell me these two were causing trouble at school?” She thought for a moment before remembering what she was about to do.

“I don’t that will be necessary Ms. Cheerliee.” Sunset/Pen answered with a sly grin on her muzzle.

“Why would that be?” Cheerliee asked blinking at the filly a bit surprised by her outburst.

“If we take a close look at the note you will find something very interesting.” Sunset/Pen started with a smirk.

“There is a bit of saliva on the right side of the note. Sure Applebloom grabbed the note, but she is currently holding it in both hooves like she was taking it from somepony else, and since it’s on her right that means the one who was passing the note was Diamond Tiara.” She continued smirking at the filly who was between sweating and glaring at Sunset/Pen.

“Well did you see Diamond Tiara pass the note?” Cheerliee asked.

“Yes I did, and I think a few others did as well.” She answered and Cheerliee looked over to Diamond Tiara which was nervously fidgeting with her hooves but was saved by the recess bell and quickly ran out along with Silver Spoon right behind her.

“Well this turning out just fine. Now I know what Pen would feel like.” Sunset/Pen muttered from her desk then realized what she just said.

“How she would feel.” She muttered and stopped a moment and sighed recalling earlier.

“Maybe I need to be a little bit nicer to her next time.” She muttered as she walked to join the other younger ones on the playground. Before she was able to leave a hoof blocked here way.

“Excuse me Pen but can I talk to you for a minute?” Cheerliee asked as Sunset/Pen looks at her in confusion.

“Um… sure.” Sunset/Pen said

“I wonder what she wants to talk about?” She thought as they stepped outside the classroom.

“That was a very nice deduction Pen, but I’ve never seen you act like this, normally you’re quite. What’s with the sudden outburst?” Cheerliee asked.

“Um… well you see… I just wanted to help AB you know.” Sunset/Pen said sweating bullets.

“Oh ponyfeathers, Sunset you should have known that Cheerliee would probably put two and two together. Stay calm. No way she could possibly find out anyways.” She thought as Cheerliee began to ponder something before she answered

“Pen do you remember when Sunset made that crater outside Sugarcube Corner?” Cheerliee asked the made Sunset/Pen eyes went wide eyed

“That was an accident and it was Pinkie party cannon doing that and…!” She paused realizing what she had pretty much spilled the beans as Pen had been sick the day of that particular incident.

“Oh ponyfeathers.” She muttered.

“Is that you Sunset?” Cheerliee questioned knowing full well the only other who knew of that incident was Sunset and she nodded in response.

“What happened?” Cheerliee asked holding back a chuckle.

“Well I think somepony cast a POV spell on me and Pen, but right now I can’t go into full detail.” Sunset/Pen said and started to trot out before looking back to Cheerliee.

“But I’ll explain later, right now can you keep this secret?” She asked in a pleading tone and Cheerliee nodded in response promising to keep it secret.

Meanwhile where Pen/Sunset arrived where she meet Dinky and her mother Ditzy Doo. Dinky in a unicorn filly with light gray coat and light blonde mane her eyes were amber gold, she also has yet to gain a cutie mark. As for Ditzy Doo she is a pegasus mare with a darker gray coat with blonde mane with yellow eyes that seem to be crooked, her cutie mark consist of seven bubbles.

“Thank you for teaching my little muffin Sunset.” Ditzy said chewing on a muffin.

“Don’t worry she’s in good hoofs.” She said taking a few calming breaths.

“I know I have a grip on her magic. Just using it right is going to be the problem.” She thought as she was already sweating bullets.

“I have to go on a delivery run for an hour or two but it shouldn’t take too long for me.” Ditzy said preparing to take off.

“Well I’m off; make sure you behave for Ms. Shimmer okay.” She said to Dinky.

“Yes mamma!” she said with a assuring smile as her mother took to the air only seconds later to crash into a tree nearby.

“I’m okay!” she yelled back and took off again. They both giggled at her antics before Pen/Sunset spoke up.

“Alright Dinky can you tell me where we left off?” she asked

“I think it was learning levitation magic.” Dinky said happily.

“Levitation it is then.” She confirmed.

“Like that shouldn’t be hard to pull off!” She screamed internally as she began to scan the area of something easy for Sunset’s student to levitate then spotted a small rock that could easily be moved.

“Let’s start out small okay.” She pointed to the small rock nearby and walked over to it picking it up before setting it on the table.

“Let’s start off simple. Please try lifting this rock Dinky.” She asks.

“But I want to lift something bigger than just a rock.” Dinky whined giving Pen/Sunset the puppy eyes.

“Right now it is best that you start small you may think that your good with magic, but you must learn you limits first.” She said wisely.

“Great now I’m sounding like Sunset.” Pen/Sunset thought after that moment.

“Okay.” Dinky whined pouting as Pen/Sunset chuckles. In this situation Dinky reminded her of herself.

“Okay first you want to concentrate.” She said and Dinky obeyed with wide eyes staring at the rock.

“Then you want to feel your mana channeling through your horn and lifting the object, but don’t use too much or it could backlash.” She said as Dinky closed her eyes tightly.

At first nothing happened then Dinky’s horn started to emit a small yellow aura at the tip of her horn and began sparking. The rock started to ascend up but quickly brought down barely five centimeters off the ground. Dinky opened her eyes and noticed it didn’t move at all which made her sad.

“Hey you almost had it. It takes time a practice to get a hang of it I’m sure just a few more tries you’ll have it down in now time.” Pen/Sunset encouraged.

“You think I can do it.” Dinky said her smile showing she was cheering up.

“Positive, now let’s try that one more time.” She said giving rubbing Dinky’s mane with a hoof.

“OKAY!” Dinky cheered and went through the steps again to try and make it happen. Pen/Sunset gave a few small suggestions to try and help along the way.

After about the fifth time four breaks and an hour later, Dinky was slowly improving the amount of distance she was able to lift the rock this time it was about four and a half inches off the ground.

“How am I doing?” Dinky asked her eyes still closed.

“Open your eyes and find out.” Pen/Sunset said looking at her as Dinky slowly opened her eyes. When she did she was both shocked and happy to see the rock was surrounded in a yellow aura up on eye level with her.

She smiled the widest of smiles and began hopping up and down at her accomplishment, but the rock then fell back to the ground as Dinky had lost her concentration.

Meanwhile back at the school house playground, Sunset/Pen was sitting on a small bench under a tree reading a book. She thought it would get her mind off things after the whole fiasco with Diamond Tiara and being found out by Cheerliee.

She had also attempted earlier to lift the book via her magic, but found it extremely difficult to lift anything heavier than a rock or medallion.

All the others fillies and colts were playing all around, some by the jungle gym, some by the sandpit, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon picking on AB near a mud puddle.

“Ugh, not again! Those two didn’t learn their lesson the first time then I’m just going to have to make it clear to them.” She thought as she placed the book on a nearby bench and slowly trotted over to where they were as she then saw them push AB into some mud.

“Leave her be you two right now!” she shouted out to the two bullies.

The both looked back at who shouted at them coming almost muzzle to muzzle with a rather angry looking ash grey filly.

“And what do you want Pendragon?” Diamond asked with a stern glare directed at the ash grey filly.

“I would like it if you stop picking on Applebloom.” She said coldly returning Diamond’s glare with a glare of her own.

“And who’s going to stop us, you?” Silver Spoon said with a mocking tone. She shook her head with a bit of a smile seeing a certain pony out of the corner of her eye that was coming their way.

“Nope not me…her.” She pointed her hoof toward the assistant teacher that was coming their way and stopped in front of the four fillies.

“What is going on here?” Cheerliee asked looking at the scene then at Sunset/Pen.

“Pendragon do you know what happened here?” she asked with a calm tone.

“No but I think some of the others here saw what happened.” She pointed out to some of the others in the area a few backing away not wanting to be involved.

Emerald stepped up “Umm…I might have seen Applebloom get pushed into the mud by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They then started laughing at her.” Emerald said nervously as Cheerliee looked at the two fillies.

“Is this true you two?” Cheerliee said raising an eyebrow at them. They both stuttered to say anything as they looked at each other.

“Perhaps I should write a letter to your parents about your behavior.” Cheerliee threatened causing DT to flinch a little.

“But if you two don’t want me to I suggest you two attend detention for the next few days.” She adds as both nod walking off, but not before Diamond Tiara gave a glare at Sunset/Pen who was smirking a bit.

The rest of the school day went pretty smoothly avoiding all the taunts from DT and SS. After school let out for the day Sunset/Pen walked with AB.

“Thank yah kindly Pen. Though never knew yah tah be courageous.” Applebloom said as they neared Sweet Apple Acres.

“It wasn’t a problem Bloom. I couldn’t just stand there let them keep doing that kind of stuff to you.” Sunset/Pen said a bit embarrassed by the praise.

“See yah tomorrow Pen!” She says running off for her home as Sunset/Pen walks off towards town.

“Talk about a day, I didn’t know Pen would have to go through this every time she goes to school.” She pondered as she walked through town.

After a few minutes walks she was in front of her and Pen’s home. She let out a sigh as she opened the door.

“I need to make it up to her big time for being such an idiot to her.” Sunset/Pen muttered as she saw the broken medallion on the countertop

“And for snapping at her.” She muttered and remembered what Pen said to her yesterday

“WELL IF YOU TEACH OTHER FILLIES AND COLTS THERE MAGIC WHY NOT ME? DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE NOT BEING ABLE TO CONTROL OR EVEN USE YOUR MAGIC FULLY?!” That rang in her mind.

She began to think about what to do for her sister then it hit her like a freight train and smiled a huge grin as she zoomed off to Pen’s room.

Meanwhile where Pen/Sunset was after teaching Dinky levitation and gave her the basics about her new acquired skill, she was paid for the hour with Dinky and went to find other clients to help. It was about five o’clock and she was tuckered out from her other clients she had that day.

“Now I know how Sunset feels after all these clients. My horn feels like somepony dropped an anvil on it.” She thought as she rubbed her horn and was even sore to the touch.

She winced as she touched it. She looked at the amount of bits she made today “Hm fifty bits today that isn’t so bad I guess.” She said then pondered something that happened yesterday at what her sister said.

“WELL IF YOU COULD SEE HOW I GO THROUGHOUT MY DAY YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND!” “ALL OF WHAT I DO BRINGS BITS INTO THIS HOME!” Those words rang throughout her mind

“So that’s what she meant by at what she does. I guess I’ve been pretty bad as a sister.” She whispers to herself.

She managed to get back home and noticed that most of the lights were out but before she entered she heard a shaking in the bushes nearby that made her stop in her tracks.

“Who there?!” she shouted ready to fight off whatever was in the bushes, but the only thing that came out was a squirrel. She let out a relieving sigh and entered the house.

Most of the houses lights were off “Maybe she’s in her…my room.” She trotted upstairs to find a slightly open door and inside the room was Sunset who seemed to be reading something.

“What are you doing?” Pen asked. Then sudden voice made Sunset lose her concentration as she let out a yelp of surprise and turn around to face Pen.

“Oh hey Pen I didn’t know you were home already.” She said with a hint of embarrassment.

They both didn’t say anything for a few minutes both unsure what to say to the other.

“I want to apologize for what happened.” They both said in unison which surprised them both.

“You first sis.” Pen said motioning her to talk.

“No you first, I insist.” Sunset returned.

“Alright. Let me just start by saying being you isn’t easy, and now I can see why you never really have time for me. You make our living out of what you do by teaching others there magic. I’m sorry if I’ve seemed ungrateful Sunset.” She says her head low after she finished and put her saddle bag down along with the fifty bits she made, and began to exit the room.

“I’m sorry too.” Sunset said which made Pen stop in her tracks.

“I shouldn’t have lashed out at you, and I really was stressed to the point I couldn’t think straight. I just wanted to live up to the promise I made that I forgot that looking out for you means taking the time to be with you and understand how you feel. After going through a day of school and having pretty much zero magic and being made fun of for it…I just want to say I’m sorry for how I’ve acted.” Sunset says as she went up and hugged Pen.

Tears welled up in their eyes as a chuckle echoed around them.

“About time. I was thinking it would be a few days before you two came to an understanding.” a familiar mare’s voice then said from behind Pen.

“Huh!” the duo both look at who it was that spoke.

“TRIXIE!” the yelled in unison with a slight undertone on anger in they’re voice.

“Who did you think it was the Easter bunny?” Trixie joked.

“It was you who casted that POV spell on us huh.” Pen said her eyes slightly narrowed as one of Sunset’s was twitching in annoyance.

“Guilty as charged but it looked like my idea worked did it not?” Trixie asks with a sly smile.

“Huh?” the both said with confusion as they tilted their heads

“My whole idea was to get you two to understand each other, so what better way than switching each other mind for the day.” Trixie added

“And I’ll be glad to switch you back.” She added with a cheery smile

“PLEASE!” They said in unison.

Trixie recast the spell to turn the POV back to normal on both of them.

“You know this would make a good letter to the princess.” Trixie thought out loud.

“Gee…you think?” Sunset said sarcastically, but it was lost on Trixie.

“Well I must be off now Spike will be over to take a letter. Bye now.” She teleported away, as they both blinked a few times.

“You know something. I think I’m starting to dislike Trixie now.” Pen said bluntly glancing at Sunset.

“I agree.” Sunset added as they both look at each other then let out a laugh.

Later that same day Spike came over with paper and quill ready

“Trixie really doesn’t understand sarcasm does she?” Sunset asks Spike who nods.

“Trust me. If she did understand sarcasm then she would mistake them as something else entirely and try writing a theory on them.” Spike replied as the sisters just grin and shake their heads at the drake.

“I think we’re ready Spike.” Pen said

“Ready.” Spike said readying his quill as Pen and Sunset clear their throats ready to say what they think needs to be said.

“Dear Princess Celestia, At times siblings can be a little bit overbearing to handle, but it is also a great responsibility to take care and teach them.” Sunset started looking to Pen who used a bit of levitation to put a book up.

“But thinking that your sibling has nothing to worry about can make things get out of hand and lead to disagreements between them.” Pen added as she watched Sunset take a marker and mark out the date.

“By taking a step back and understanding what the other has been through, you can understand what is happening with the other.” Sunset continued as her and Pen sat down next to each other.

“Even to the point it’s like you’ve lived from the others perspective. From your loyal subjects, Pendragon Quill.” Pen added

“And Sunset Shimmer.” Sunset finished. Spike sent the finished letter and then left.

“Well Pen what to you want to do now?” Sunset asked.

“Well I still want to pay Trixie back for the POV spell…” Pen stated and then got an idea rubbing her hooves together.

“Oh I got a killer of an idea!” Pen said and whispered it to Sunset.

“Uh Huh.”

“…”

“Uh huh.”

“…”

“Oh hehe, its payback time.” Sunset said after Pen finished whispering her idea as they both ran off to the library.

The next morning Rainbow Dash was snoring loudly having a nice dream involving a certain group of pegasi.

“Yes I accept the title of wonderbolt…” She said lazily until her dream was interrupted by two loud and shrill screams making her jump out of her bed and hit the ceiling and landed on the floor.

“CAN’T I GET SOME SLEEP AROUND HERE ANYMORE!” she bolted up and took the earplug out of her ears and stomped on them a few times, got back in bed and went back to sleep.