• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 1,487 Views, 32 Comments

Moonburst Chronicles - Code Breaker



AU: Trixie's life was simple. Study, study, and study some more. Until the possible return of Nightmare Moon comes up. But stopping her is only the start of the new everyday life she will experience in the town of Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 32
 1,487

Moonlight Stories P1

Author's Note:

Pendragon Quill belongs to me.
Emerald Jewel belongs to my little brother Fire Seeker12 and is used with his permission.

1000 years ago in the land of Equestria two princesses ruled. The elder sister raised and lowered the sun with her alicorn powers while her younger sister controlled the moon and the night.

The ponies relished and played in the day while they slept though the younger sister’s night. Anger and jealousy began to take hold of the younger sister…until one day she refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn.

The elder sister tried to talk to her, but it was of no use as the anger and jealousy turned her into a wicked mare of darkness known as…Nightmare Moon.

With no choice the elder sister harnessed the most powerful artifacts known to pony kind…The Elements of Harmony!
With the power of the elements she banished Nightmare Moon to the moon, but it is said on the longest day of the thousandth year the stars will aid in her escape.

“Thousandth year… could it mean this year?” A unicorn mare says in wonderment.

This pony name is Trixie Lulamoon she had a brilliant azure coat and a pale blue with pale blue stripes with dark grayish violet eyes; her cutie mark was a crescent moon with a star wand which represents her talent in magic.

Moonlight Stories Part 1

After finishing the book she quickly ran back to the Canterlot tower where she studies her magic ignoring all who she came across along her way. She had use to be very sweet and rather social, but after a particular event she had gone to being a hermit and preferred not to talk to others that weren’t her mentor or assistant or be disturbed.

Several books cluttered the tower room in which she lived for the past years.

Trixie slammed the door opened and startling the only occupant within study room which was a small purple dragon with green spines and eyes which was eating out of an open tub of chocolate ice cream which he dumped the moment Trixie entered.

“Whoa Trixie what’s the problem?” Spike asked in surprise as the azure mare began to frantically look at the bookshelves as if looking for something important.

“Spike do you happen to know where that book about Predictions and Prophecies is at?” Trixie questioned quickly as she levitated several books around her looking at the titles.

Spike looked around the study room for that particular book.

“Let’s see… here it is Predictions and Prophecies.” Spike grabbed the book from the shelf and tossed it on the table for Trixie to look at as the young mare dropped all the others books and rushed over using her magic to quickly flip pages as she skimmed through and stopped at one page.

“It says the same thing here…On the longest day of the thousandth year the stars will aid in Nightmare Moon’s escape.” She said worried as she now began to pace the room.

“Trixie, Nightmare Moon is an old mare’s tale to scare little fillies and colts.” Spike said picking up his tub of ice cream and starting to eat it again.

“Well I’m just concerned that this might be true, Spike I need paper and a quill for a letter.” Trixie ordered making Spike sigh putting the tub down and picking up a scroll and quill out of nowhere.

“Got it…fire away Trixie.” Spike said begrudgingly.

“Dear Princess Celestia, I’m concerned that the tales of Nightmare Moon may be true after all so I suggest that we take precautions on this matter. I would be in best interest that you cancel the Summer Sun Celebration until this threat is properly handled. Sincerely your Faithfull Student, Trixie Lulamoon.”

In a breath of green fire from Spikes mouth he sent the message to Celestia.

“You sure she’ll listen to you Trixie?” Spike questioned the matter.

“I’m sure the Princess will understand my concern about this.” In a matter of seconds Spike burps up a letter which has the royal seal of the princess of the sun.

“My faithful student Trixie, I know you have your heart in the right place with this overwhelming concern, but you must get your head out of those dusty old books and make some friends.” Spike said as he read and Trixie’s jaw was hanging open in shock.

“As effective immediately I’m placing you in charge of the looking over the preparations of the Summer Sun Celebration which will take place in the town of Ponyville. I’d expect you to make some friends during your time there I’ve already made preparations for you and Spike to stay at the Golden Oaks Library. Sincerely, Princess Celestia.” Spiked finished.

As the letter ended Trixie and Spike were traveling by a pegasus pulled chariot to the grounds of Ponyville “I cannot believe she ignored my concerns. Today is the thousandth year of the Celebration and all she worries about is me making some friends.” Trixie huffed in frustration.

Spike puts a claw to his chin in thought. “Well you have been cooped up in that study room ever since you became her student.” He notes as Trixie gives the drake a hard glare. While it was true she didn’t speak of the real reason for her hermit like habits.

Soon enough the two landed in Ponyville and hopped out Trixie thanking the guards. The town was in array of colors from a house that have blue roof and brown walls to what looked like a possible mansion which would make other ponies think a famous pony lived in it.

There was also a fountain in the town square along with a small bridge that crosses a small fishing stream below it and near the center of town was a giant oak tree with the label Golden Oaks Library printed on a wooden plate.

“You can at least try and be friendly.” Spike pleaded said to Trixie as a pink pony with a light pink coat and a dark pink mane with three balloon cutie mark two light blue and a yellow and light blue eyes was walking up to them.

Trixie cleared her throat before speaking “Um… hey my name is Trixie Lulamoon and…” before she finished her sentence the pink one sprung up in a gasp and darted away to who knows where.

“What was that all about?” Trixie asked in confusion and surprise while Spike just shrugs in response and Trixie sighed in slight frustration as she turned to Spike.

“So Spike what is first on the list?” Trixie asked hopefully wanting to finish quickly and be off to research.

“First off is catering… Sweet Apple Acres.” Spike replied.

“And where is that?” Trixie questioned out loud already frustrated.

“Maybe I can be of help.” A voice said from behind. Trixie and Spike looked behind them to see an earth pony mare who appears to be about a few years older than Trixie with a moderate cerise colored coat and a light grayish rose with light grayish stripes going through it her cutie mark is three daisies with smiles and her eyes were grayish harlequin.

“Um…hello Miss…” Trixie starts unsure who this mare was.

“Cheerliee I’m an assist teacher at the school here in Ponyville, you two don’t seem to be from around here.” Cheerliee says in a kind tone.

“Were not; I’m Trixie Lulamoon, and this is my assistant Spike.” Trixie says.

“Yeah and we are kind of lost. Do you happen to know where Sweet Apple Acres is?” Spike asks rubbing a claw on the back of his head.

“Well I happen to be on my way there to lend a hoof. I’ll be happy to lead the way for you just follow me.” Cheerliee said with a smile.

“That’s very kind of you.” Spike says as he and Trixie follow after her.

After walking for about 10 minutes down a dirt path they come into sight of a big red barn in the distance along with a field of apple trees. A sign above a grainer said Sweet Apple Acres.

“So… this looks like the place alright.” Trixie replied.

“Now where in Equestria is that mare?” Cheerliee looked around expecting to find somepony.

Spike and Trixie looked at each other and looked back at her “So who are you looking for?” Spike questioned.

“Her name is…” before she finished a yell that sounded like “YEEHAWW” and a mare that zoomed past them the pony was an earth pony with a orange coat with a blond mane that she kept in a ponytail and wore a brown Stetson hat, her cutie mark had three red apples and her eyes were emerald green which she just finished bucking a tree and the apples fell into baskets.

The orange mare wiped off some sweat with a hoof and noticing the trio she began to walk over to them

“Oh howdy Cheerliee…and who are these strangers with yah?” the mare says when she is finally close enough.

“Actually they’re here to…well they haven’t told me why they were here for.” Cheerliee looked at them before Trixie stepped forward.

“Uh…hello my name is Trixie Lulamoon and…” before she could finish her hoof was being shook vigorously by the orange mare.

“Well howdy to meet yah miss Trixie. Name’s Applejack, me and mah family run and keep Sweet Apple Acres up to date.” Applejack said surprising with just one breath even after letting go of Trixie’s hoof, hers couldn’t stop shaking up and down so Spike helped to stop her hoof.

“So what can ah help yah with missy?” AJ asks intrigued with the newcomers.

“Well Applejack; Spike and I were assigned to look over the preparations for the Celebration today. I believe you have the food covered?” Trixie asked as Spike double checks the list.

“Most certainly do missy and if yah want you can even sample a few of them.” Applejack smiled.

“Well I wouldn't want to impose but we really must be going.” Before they could leave her and Spike had been shoved by Applejack in the direction of a table.

Applejack brought out a triangle began to ring it just as Cheerliee joined the two at the table.

“SOUP’S ON APPLES!” she yelled out and before you know it a ton of ponies from the barn started running toward the general area AJ was at.

“Applejack you never told me it was the reunion today.” Cheerliee said with a surprised look on her face as Trixe looks at all the ponies that had come into the area. There was plenty of earth ponies, but as she looked she also spotted a few unicorns and pegasi, but it was mainly earth ponies.

“Reunion?” Spike questioned looking at all the ponies that had just showed up.

“Yeah, you folks came in durin’ the Apple family reunion. Where every apple throughout Equestria come here and have a hay of a good time.” Applejack said.

“There’s Red Gala, Caramel Apple, Apple Tart, Apple Fritter, Cream Apple, Apple Dumpling…” The list of all her cousins seemed to go on for awhile, and every time she listed one of her cousins they would stack food that were mostly apple based until she reached the end of her list which she took in a big breath.

“Big Macintosh” as she says this she points to a earth pony stallion, his red coat makes him stand out among the rest, his mane is a shade darker orange than Applejacks coat, his eyes are a darker emerald green, and his cutie mark is a green sour apple.

“Applebloom” Applebloom is an earth pony filly, her coat is bright yellow, her mane is a puffy red color with a pink bow in it, her eyes are a dark orange color, and she has yet to get a cutie mark.

“And Granny Smith. Up and at em Granny we have visitors.” Granny Smith is an old earth pony, her coat is a simple light green that is wrinkled, her mane is silver grey to describe it, her cutie mark is an apple pie with steam come off it and her eyes are a light yellow. She was sitting in a rocking chair snoozing until AJ’s yell woke her.

“Eh… what, why didn’t yah wake meh sooner AJ.” Granny replied and proceed over to the table.

“Hello Miss Cheerliee what yah doing here for?” Applebloom asked curiously walking up to the mare.

“Well sweetie I was here to give your sister a helping hoof but it seems to be under control here.” Cheerliee says with a sweet smile.

“I’m sorry to interrupt but we really must be going to check on the other preparations.” Trixie said quickly because of the large crowd of ponies.

Every pony awed that she was leaving “Yah won’t stay fer brunch.” Applebloom asked giving Trixie a cute crying like pout.

Trixie tried to look anywhere but at Applebloom and at that moment her stomach grumbles.

“Well that was settled.” She thought.

“Oh what the hay why not I haven’t eaten anything since breakfast.” She said and every pony on the farm cheered.

After sampling everything at the farm and giving everypony their goodbyes they moved on to their next task with Cheerliee following after still guiding them.

“Ah that surely was refreshing wasn’t Trixie.” Spike said tapping his stomach while Trixie looked like she ate too much walking at a slow pace.

“Why… were there… so… many apples?” Trixie complained as Spike and Cheerliee just laughed.

Trixie gave the two a small glare silencing them as she regained her composure and looked to her assistant.

“Well what’s next Spike?” Trixie questioned.

“Weather Patrol, and it looks like whoever is in charge is not doing a good job at it.” Spike looking around and seeing a bunch of clouds in the sky.

“Whoever is in charge is going to get a big talk from….WAHHH!” before she finished she was hit by another pony that came flying out of nowhere crashing into Trixie and landing them both in a conveniently placed mud puddle.

“Eh heh heh… sorry about that. Stunt went wrong.” The mare said shaking the mud off herself as she got up.

The pony is a pegasi or pegasus that her coat is cyan, her mane is multiple colors of the rainbow, her cutie mark is a raincloud sparking a rainbow colored lightning bolt, and her eyes are magenta.

The pegasus flew up into the air to look at the damage she did to Trixe who she ran into and noticed that Trixie was covered in mud to from her little run in.

“Stay there I’ll be right back.” The mare flew off and not a few seconds later came back with a storm cloud and started to bounce on it and rain poured down onto Trixie cleaning her of the mud but now she was soaking wet.

“Heh heh sorry let me dry you off there.” The mare proceeds to fly fast around Trixie making a mini rainbow colored twister.

When she stopped Trixie was all dried off but now her mane and tail puffed up into a mess and the rainbow colored mare, and Spike couldn’t help but fall to the ground and laugh.

“Ahem.” Cheerliee toned in tapping her hoof on the ground repeatedly.

“Now Rainbow Dash, you know it’s not right to laugh at someone who you just help get clean.” Cheerliee looked at her sternly.

“It’s fine… so you’re the weather pony in charge here?” Trixie questioned.

Rainbow jumped back up and puffed her chest out ready to introduce herself.

“The one and only! I’m Rainbow Dash Fastest flyer in Equestria and future member of the Wonderbolts!” She said with great pride.

“Well isn’t she a little egocentric.” Trixie thought

“Well are you the pony who is supposed to be clearing the clouds today for the Celebration? It will be hard to see if there are clouds still blocking out the sun.” Trixie stated pointing to the numerous clouds in the sky.

“Yeah I know that, but I can get that done ten seconds flat.” Rainbow replied in a more confident tone as Trixie smirks an idea coming to her.

“Okay Dash, you talk the talk but can you back it up.” She replied looking at Dash.

“What are you getting at?” Dash asked cocking her head slightly.

“All that I’m saying is you should prove it.” Trixie said. As soon as Rainbow heard that it sounded like a challenge.

“Oh. It. Is. On.” As soon Rainbow finished talking all that Cheerliee could do was sigh already knowing of the outcome.

In a matter of only milliseconds Dash shot straight up into the air to hit the first cloud and shot to another and another, taking three to four out at the same time.

On the ground Trixie just looked on slacked jawed at what she is seeing before her very eyes. After what seemed like minutes were only seconds to Dash she returned to Trixie and landed next to a tree.

“Told you. Ten. Seconds. Flat.” Dash said with pride before looking over to Trixie who was still in shock. Dash began to laugh.

“You should see the look on her face right now it’s priceless.” Still laughing and rolling on the ground.

Cheerliee looked over to Dash and started tapping her hoof again

“Dash was that really necessary? You are acting like a foal who found a new toy.” Cheerliee scolded.

“Hey that’s just who I am okay Cheer? Besides you should stop acting like an old mare and learn to have a bit of fun.” Dash countered.

Trixie calmed herself losing her shocked look “Well at least the sky is clear now… huh?” Trixie started then noticed a moving cloud that was coming toward Dash.

The cloud was dark grey meaning it had not only rain but lightning too. It was a cloud that was only intended for storms.

The cloud stopped and a pony popped out of the cloud. The pony is a pegasi mare like Dash but her coat was a light turquoise her mane was brilliant amber with brilliant gold stripes in it, her cutie was a white lightning bolt with three stars two gold and one yellow, her eyes are brilliant gamboge.

She bounced on the cloud sending a lightning bolt toward Dash’s tail which send a shock through her send her to the ground and turned the tip of Dash’s tail charcoal black. Dash got back up from the shock and looked around for the perpetrator before giving a small scowl.

“I only know one mare that would do this.” She whispered and the sound of laughing reached her ears making her look towards the cloud which the perpetrator of the prank was laughing from.

“LIGHTNING DUST, YOUR GOING TO GET IT!” Dash yelled at the top of her lungs and flew after Dust leaving a rainbow streak behind.

“What the hay was that all about?” Spike questioned utterly confused at this random occurrence.

“Oh that’s just the local prankster of the town Lightning Dust, she pranks all ponies in town, but it’s all for fun Trixie.” Cheerliee said looking at her mane that is now all puffy.

“Should we maybe…” Cheerliee starts as Trixie just shakes her head.

“No it’s fine Cheerliee.” She said giving a sideways glance to Spike who was still snickering every now and then.

“Well Spike what’s next, hopefully it’s something better than watching her clearing the sky?” Trixie asked hoping the next thing won’t be too hard.

“Fireworks display, at the Town Hall.” Spike answered.

“Great idea I’ll take you two straight there, beside I need to check on a little filly of mine.” Cheerliee said escorting the two into town as Trixie and Spike look at each other when she had said the last part.

As they walked towards Ponyville a sharp sound like a whistle going off was heard and something brightly colored was headed towards the three rather quickly.

“DUCK!!” yelled a voice from a distance but it was too late what sounded like a whistle quickly turned into a loud BANG that exploded in front of the trio who were thrown to the ground by the force of the explosion.

After the explosion Trixie was dazed and as she got up her vision was slightly blurred.

“Great first I got crashed into by an egotistical pony and now this happens.” Trixie thought almost irritated as she shook her head to help get rid of her blurred vision.

“No ponies or umm…dragons hurt?” the female sounding voice asked. Trixie looked around at where the voice came from before looking down and in front of her was a small filly.

The filly is a unicorn her coat is an ash grey while her mane was a crimson red and electric blue almost like it was on fire and her mane parted back on both sides while a few stands hung in front of her. Her eyes were a deep red-orange. The filly as yet to obtain a cutie mark.

“No ponies hurt dear.” Cheerliee says reassuring the filly. The filly wiped imaginary sweat with her hoof.

“Well that good cause I don’t want…” before she finished another voice shouted out in the distance.

“PENDRAGON QUILL!” a voice that sounded more mature and sounded like it was running toward the filly who was now scared stiff.

“Oh ponyfeathers.” Was all she could say as a dust cloud was seen in the distance the stopped when close and spread dust.

The source of the voice came into view was a unicorn mare who appears to around Trixie’s age with a coat that was a brilliant amber. Her mane was like the filly mixed with vivid crimson with brilliant yellow like a blazing fire which contrasts with her moderate cyan colored eyes. Finally her cutie mark was a yellow and red blazing sun.

“What…happened…here?” The mare said in between breaths the question directed at the young filly who was looking back and forth basically anywhere except at the mare in front of her.

“Well…um one of your…um fireworks might have accidently…got lit.” The filly known as Pendragon said trying to come up with an excuse. The mare lifted an eye in suspicion at the fillies tone but decided not to pursue it. She sighed and looked toward the trio.

“I’m sorry if my sister has been any trouble.” The mare replied. Trixie and Spike were taken aback that this mare was the fillies sister.

“Oh no no no not at all we were just on our way toward the town hall for the firework setup.” Trixie said shaking her head.

“Fireworks setup oh then I’m guessing you’re looking for the pony in charge of it?” The mare questioned.

“Yes we are Miss…um who are you?” Trixie asked.

“Names Sunset Shimmer and this little filly over here is my sister Pendragon Quill. I’m the pony in charge of setting up the fireworks.” Sunset replied and her sister waved at them.

“Well nice to meet you both my name is Trixie Lulamoon and the baby dragon here is my assistant Spike and this is…” she started as Cheerliee walks up to Sunset.

“Well hello Sunset. Is Pendragon trying to get her cutie mark again?” Cheerliee interrupts with a bit of a giggle as Pendragon blushes in embarrassment at her spot on guess.

“Yeah and I guess somepony decided to try her hoof at firework displays.” Sunset replied while messing with her sister’s mane.

“Hey sis cut it out I just brushed this morning.” Pendragon said shoving the hoof off her.

“It seems you two have been acquainted.” Trixie concluded as Spike face palms.

“Not just acquaintances, Cheerliee actually helped me get a job as a magic tutor, she the best friend I could ever have.” Sunset complimented as Cheerliee scratches her mane with a hoof.

“I was nothing just an act of kindness nothing more.” Cheerliee said as Sunset smiles rolling her eyes before looking back to Trixie.

“So Trixie you want to have a look at the fireworks display I have planned for the Celebration right?” Sunset replied suddenly.

“How you know it was for the Celebration?” Trixie questioned.

“Simple deduction, your saddle bag has a tear mark in it indicating the presence of a quill or two. Usually this would not be needed for anything outside unless it was for a checklist of sorts.” Sunset leaned toward Trixie and smelled her breath.

“Your breath smells like apples which can only mean you have visited Sweet Apple Acres which is the only apple farm in the area. They are also the main caterers for the event this year.” Sunset continues and then sighs pointing at Trixie’s man.

“And I can assume your mane is not naturally like that. So the only way that could have happened is a run in with RD who decided to use her famous quick drying method on you. I know this as I’ve had my own personal experience with it.” She finished as Pen chuckles.

Trixie blinks at Sunset’s deduction which was right on each and every count.

“Wow. She was right on everything. How did you know that?” Spike asked surprised as Cheerliee chuckles.

“Sunset likes to read quite a bit, but mostly mystery books. Though trust me when I say you’ll never meet a more honest mare like Sunset.” Cheerliee complimented.

“Yea, yea but we still have lots to finish on so you’ll have to look at it later. Trust us when it’s finished you’ll be awed.” Pendragon said happily.

“I’m sure it will be great Pendragon.”

“Pen.” She interjects a little irritated.

“Huh?” Trixie questioned

“Call me Pen, Pendragon is just so long.” Pen replied.

“Sure thing Pen.” Trixie finished a bit hesitant.

“Oh before I forget, Sunset dear have you seen Emerald Jewel anywhere?” Cheerliee asked. Sunset pondered the question a minute then recalled having seen her earlier.

“Well she’s inside the town hall helping with the decorations with Rarity and Coco Pommel.” Sunset finally said.

“Thanks.” Cheerliee smiled and continued escorting Trixie and Spike toward town hall.

“If you ever need help with anything don’t be afraid to ask!” Sunset yells before turning to her sister who smiles sheepishly.

Once they left Sunset and her sister behind they walked toward the town hall which would be the center of the celebration.

It was the easiest to spot due to it be the actual center of the small town and was one of the tallest places in town next to one of the mansions.

Once they got inside the town hall, it was decorated in an array of ribbons, streamers and colorful bows. In the center of the decorations is a unicorn mare, her coat was silk white, her mane and tail is a violet color that both have been curled, her cutie mark were three well arranged diamonds, and her eyes were blue.

Spike gave a slacked jawed look when he saw this mare as hearts appeared in his eyes. Spike started to trot over but Trixie stopped him with her magic.

“Easy there lover dragon.” Trixie thought.

The mare seemed to be going through some ribbon colors to see what would fit the décor.

“No.” the mare said to a light green color ribbon and plenty more until she found one that fit which was ruby color ribbon.

The way this mare spoke reminded Trixie of several ponies back in Canterlot.

“Ahem.” Trixie spoke up trying not to be rude, the mare turned around to look at the trio standing by the door.

“Oh hello dears how could I be of service.” She addressed them.

“Are you Miss Rarity?” Trixie asked.

“Why yes dear and… WHAT IN EQUESTRIA HAPPENDED TO YOUR MANE?” Rarity started then exclaimed when she saw the state of Trixie’s mane which was still puffed out.

“Oh… uh it nothing just a little run in with some pony, I’m just here to check on the decorations and be out of your hair.” Trixie explained

“My hair what about your hair?! It’s a crime against fashion all around Equestria.” Rarity examined Trixie’s mane.

“Come now we are leaving for my bouquet immediately darling come.” Rarity said as she attempted to drag Trixie along. She then stopped and looked back towards a curtained area.

“Coco, Emerald come now were leaving.” As she called a pony appeared out of the curtains that was an earth pony mare that is a little smaller than Rarity her coat was a light amberish gray color and her mane was a combination of light grayish cyan and light opalish gray and the tip of the mane curled while her eyes are light cyan, her cutie mark was a lavender floppy hat with a scarlet feather in it. She is Rarity’s assistant Coco Pommel.

Following close behind Coco was another, but this pony didn’t see the pillar in front of her and ran straight into it.

“Who put that there?” said the voice of a filly who then came out from behind the pillar showing herself.

The pony is an earth pony filly who’s coat is a jade green while her mane and tail is a silver color with a hint of blue at the tips which are curled and a small part of her mane covers the left eye to the point it can’t be seen, the filly has yet obtain a cutie mark. The filly is named Emerald Jewel.

They both walked up to Rarity “Were ready Rarity.” Coco says to her politely.

Rarity was about to grab Trixie’s tail with her magic again when she noticed she was about to leave and forget a few things. She went back towards the curtained area leaving Coco and Emerald with the trio.

As Coco and Rarity were doing this Emerald noticed Cheerliee and squeals running up to her and hugging her.

“Hello mom!” Emerald said cheerfully. Trixie and Spike were taken aback from what the filly said.

“MOM!” they both said looking at Cheerliee who had a small smile.

“So how is my little Jewel?” She asks nuzzling the filly who tried to back away.

“Mom! You’re embarrassing me in front of Coco.” Emerald said with a slight blush of embarrassment.

“I never expected for you to be a mother Cheerliee.” Spike said.

“Well…I actually adopted her. Trixie, Spike this is Emerald Jewel my adopted daughter.” Cheerliee introduced

Emerald turned to the two and waved “Hello.” She says.

“And the other pony is Coco Pommel who’s an assistant at Rarity’s bouquet her in Ponyville.” Cheerliee said and Coco just curtsied in respect.

“Coco we must get Trixie’s mane here straightened up.” Rarity said coming back out with a saddle bag that had a few things in it.

“That is no problem; the bouquet is not that far.” Coco reassured.

“Can we go mom?” Emerald asked in a pleading tone.

Cheerliee put a hoof to her muzzle for a few seconds then smiles at the filly with a nod “Sure, I’ve been showing them around Ponyville for a while care to help me out Emm?” Cheerliee asked

“YES!!” Emerald yelled excitement evident in her tone of voice.

“Emm?” Spike asked.

“She likes to be called Emm rather than her full name.” Coco says.

The bouquet was near town hall so it wasn’t a long walk. The bouquet’s a two story building with a purple roof with four windows two on the two layer of the bouquet and the rest on the bottom floor it is also designed like a carousel. As soon as trio now became six entered the bouquet Rarity quickly brought Trixie up to a mirror and began grooming her mane.

“This is not what I’ve had in mind.” Trixie thought as she was being groomed. The grooming took thirty minutes but Rarity didn’t stop there she began putting dresses on Trixie.

“Well darling what do you think?” Rarity eyeing what Trixie was currently wearing.

“It’s…um… nice Rarity.” Trixie replies out loud sweat dropping at what she is being put through.

“This is so embarrassing.” She thought

“So Trixie what is a pony and a baby dragon doing here in Ponyville?” Coco asked.

“Well I’m the overseer for the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration. To make sure everything is in order.” Trixie stated

“And where did you come from dear?” Rarity prodded with interest.

“I came from Canterlot to…” Trixie started then Rarity let out a loud gasp much like the strange pink pony from earlier.

“CANTERLOT! You mean the Canterlot! The fashion, the gossip capital of the Equestria, why didn’t you say that before I know all about how Canterlotians act it almost perfect! Why I only dreamed of going to Canterlot and…” Rarity starts as she begins to rant.

“You should maybe go. She will be like this for a few hours.” Coco says to Spike and Trixie who had just managed to get out of what she was wearing.

Not giving what Coco said a second thought Trixie was already moving.

“Let’s get out of here before she decides to style my mane.” Trixie said running and grabbing the love struck Spike out of the bouquet.

“Come back again.” Coco waved them goodbye.

The group of four continued on their trek after having escaped the boutique, and at this moment Trixie was already feeling tired.

“Please…please tell me that was the last thing on the list?” Trixie questioned Spike in a begging tone.

“I’m afraid not Trixie.” Spike replied making Trixie groan.

“Oh! What is it?! What is it?!” Emerald asks/exclaims before she accidently runs into a pole.

“I’m okay!” Emerald says making her mother chuckle at the antics of the filly.

“The last thing on the list is the music.” Spike said as Emerald was now next to him stumbling around, but still following.

“Oh I know where that is she’s probably working on the music right now.” Cheerliee said as the now four ponies walk towards the outside edge of Ponyville to what seemed like a small cottage home. In the background was the entrance to a forest.

They looked around for the pony taking care of the music part. After searching around the home they heard a small song what seemed like a lullaby from the back part of the home. They looked at the back and there they a small tree filled with eight birds of different species and a pegasus mare.

The mare coat was butter yellow, her mane was long as it almost touches the ground and is lighter pink color that hanged on her right side of her head, her cutie mark were three butterflies two blue and one pink, her eyes were a light blue. She seemed to be teaching the birds how to sing. The mare flew up to the tree stopping the birds from continuing in there singing.

“Um excuse me Mr. Blue Jay, I don’t want to interrupt you but you are off beat just a tiny bit ok.” She said in soft gentle tone trying not to upset the bird.

“Um excuse me Miss.” Trixie said and before she could even reacted the mare let out a small sound and fell to the ground legs up and the birds flew off.

“So sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.” Trixie says as she helps the pegasi up who seemed to hide behind her mane afterwards.

“I’m Trixie Lulamoon. Who are you?” Trixie asks.

She got and tried to say her name “Um… my name is Flutter*whisper*” she said in a low gentle tone

“Sorry could say that again please.” Trixie said

“It’s Flutters*whisper*” she says again her voice still low.

“Um one more time please.” Trixie said putting her hoof to her ear.

“Fluttershy.” She finally manages to say her voice loud enough for Trixie to hear her name.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Fluttershy.” Trixie said as Spike cleared his throat from behind her and Trixie stepped out of the way to give a better view of him.

“Oh and this baby dragon here is Spike my assistant.” Spike waved at Fluttershy.

“Oh my goodness!” Fluttershy squealed and zipped over to Spike

“Is he really a dragon, please tell me what you’re thinking right now.” Fluttershy big smile and big eyes gazed into Spikes green eyes.

“Um well.” Spike was thinking of something until Cheerliee interrupted.

“I’m sorry but I’m afraid we can’t stay long Fluttershy, is the music for the Celebration ready.” Cheerliee asked which made Fluttershy look up towards the assistant teacher.

“Oh yes it will be ready by the time the Celebration starts.” Fluttershy says her voice a bit higher, but reassuring.

Trixie let out a relived sigh “Thank you very much Fluttershy.” She says as she noticed the birds from earlier starting to come back.

“Oh it’s no trouble at all; the birds did all the work I just helped them along.” She replied

“Well Trixie that’s everything on the list.” Spike said checking off the music.

“Well guess that’s everything then, thank again Fluttershy and you too Cheerliee for getting us here.” She says to both of them.

“It’s no problem; I’m just a mare looking for anypony that could use a helping hoof every now and then.” Cheerliee replied before looking to her side at a slightly tired looking Emerald Jewel.

“Well I guess I better be going, got to get a certain filly back home.” Cheerliee picking Emerald up and putting her on her back, but the filly pouted looking towards her mom.

“Aw, but Mom I want to stay out longer please!” Emerald begged giving her the best puppy eyes that she could muster.

Cheerliee pondered it and came up with a solution “Alright…but after the sun rises it’s straight to bed missy.” Cheerliee says sternly.

“YAA! You’re the best mom!” Emerald gave her a kiss on the cheek before running off to do who knows what.

“If you need anything else Miss Trixie please don’t be afraid to give me a shout.” Cheerliee says as she begins to walk off.

“I’ll keep in touch.” Trixie shouts as Cheerliee walks off.

“Well we must be going to if I want to get started on my research.” Trixie said looking to her assistant and putting him on her back as they began to leave the cottage.

“Bye Fluttershy.” Spike waved and she waved back. By the time they had arrived at the library the sun was already starting to set.

“Are you still going to research the Mare and the Moon? It’s only an old mare’s tale Trix.” Spike says slightly worried. After all Trixie was almost always right, but when she wasn’t she would go into a panic of major proportions.

“I just…want to double check. Because if I am right then…” Trixie starts and sucks in a breath not wanting to finish.

She sighs and enters the library. When she closed the door darkness engulfed them as for some reason all the lights seemed to be off.

“Huh who turned out the lights?” Trixie asks out of confusion.

Then the lights flicked back on with a bunch of ponies waiting for her. It looked like almost the entire town had come and somehow fit inside the library.

“SURPRISE!!” They all yelled making Trixie jump three feet in the air and Spike to drop to the ground landing on his back.

“What… where… who…huh?” she said in the confusion

“Well that leaves why and when huh.” A pink pony says appearing right in front of her hoofing Trixie a cupcake.

Trixie put a hoof to her muzzle when she saw this mare.

“Wait you look familiar somewhere.” Trixie says and after a few moments the events of this morning came back hitting her like a ton of bricks.

“You’re that mare from this morning.” Trixie states as she pointed to the mare.

“Yep Yep that’s me I’m Pinkamenia Diana Pie or just Pinkie Pie for short, glad to meet you Trixie.” Pinkie says with a smile and a ‘Squee’.

Trixie blinked at this action having not even introduced herself to Pinkie.

“But I didn’t even give you my name.” In response Pinkie brought out a letter addressed to the azure mare.

“This is yours isn’t it?” Pinkie asks in a cheerful tone.

“I must have dropped it when I got out of the chariot.” Trixie thought as she grabs the letter with her magic putting it into her bag.

“Well all I have to say is…” Pinkie starts before taking in a rather huge breath.

“WELCOME TO PONYVILLE TRIXIE!” She yelled out and zoomed somewhere else.

“That mare is so…” Trixie started

“Random.” Spike finished looking towards her and nudges her forwards towards the party making Trixie look at him.

“Well Trixie this your chance to get out there and make some friends, just give it a shot will yah.” Spike states practically begging.

Trixie took a quick look about and spotted some familiar faces; Sunset Shimmer and Pendragon, Rarity, Coco, Cheerliee and Emerald, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, and that Lightning Dust Rainbow was chasing a while ago. Trixie pondered the thought a minute or two.

“I guess I could wait a little while…” Trixie thought and went to take Spikes advice and went to the mare she didn’t talk to today; Lightning Dust,

“Um hello there Lightning Dust my name is Trixie Lulamoon and…” Trixie starts and at the mention of her name from a strange mare Lightning began flying around Trixie in a circle.

“Whoa, how’d you know my name, are you psychic?” Lightning spoke in a quick manner (Though not as quick as Pinkie) as Trixie tried to come up with an answer.

“I …uh got your name from Rainbow Dash. That was your name she was shouting out right?” Trixie finally replied hoping she had her facts right and didn’t get the mare’s name wrong.

“Yep yep that’s my name don’t wear it out. I’m Lightning Dust your laughable and local Ponyville prankster pony at your service.” She said in a combination of pride and enthusiasm.

“So what was that earlier today? You were zapping Dash on the tail with that bolt?” Trixie asked having wondered why she did that.

Lightning let out a small laugh “Oh that was just one of my pranks you know, I took precautions not hit her directly. Even though I’m a prankster I have standards.” Lightning said puffing out her chest proudly.

“Something tells me her and Dash being friends wouldn't be a coincidence.” Trixie thought before she decided to try and talk about something else with Lightning.

They talked for hours until it came time for the celebration to begin, and at which everypony at the library headed towards the Town Hall where the Mayor Mare was already at the podium waiting to give her speech.

The mayor was an earth pony that had a tan coat with a white mane that display her age her eyes were a light magenta eyes which she wore a small set of glasses, her cutie mark is a balancing scale.

“Attention ladies and gentlecolts I’m proud to announce the start of this the Summer Sun Celebration celebrating the long day of the year, and how better to start it off than the rising of the sun from none other than the ruler of the Sun, PRINCESS CELESTIA!” She announced and the curtain opened where Celestia should have been but instead appeared empty.

Then out of nowhere a shadowy mist appeared on stage, the lights flickered out as the shadow mist began to transform into what seemed like a large pony. As it took its shape, the shadow turned into an alicorn mare, she was taller than any regular pony, her coat was almost as black as the night itself as navy blue bits of armor adorned her chest, her eyes were dark green with a cat like pupil, her horn is longer and sharper than any unicorn, her wings huge and more vampire bat like, her cutie mark was that of a white crescent moon.

She spoke with more of a Canterlot voice but it was a tone that invoked fear and made others hide.

“I’M SORRY TO KEEP YOU WAITING MY SUBJECT BUT YOUR PRINCESS HAS RETURNED!” She yelled out and started to laugh to bring even the bravest stallion to his knees. Trixie realized who this mare was and began to back away.

“Just like in the legend, the stars will aid in her escape.” Trixie gulps as just the name of this being was enough to invoke fear.

“Nightmare Moon.” Trixie says as nearby her Spike faints from the fact of a tale being proven true.

“Well it seems that even after my imprisonment, Equestria hasn’t changed a bit.” Nightmare says as she looks at the crowd.

“So who wishes to challenge me a nightmare so frightening that only your dear Celestia was able to stand against it!” She yelled with her royal voice before turning into mist and going into the crowd.

“Will it be you?” She asks appearing near a mare who was protecting her foal. Nightmare laughs before vanishing again.

“Or you?” she appears next to a stallion but he just took a step back in fear.

Nightmare appears back where she began and let out a huff of disappointment.

“None of you, well then I guess Equestria will be much easier to conquer then I thought it would.” She stated and laughed like a mad mare and vanished in a puff of smoke.

Everypony had begun to panic and began to leave the Town Hall in a frantic pace.

“Pen wait for me at the house.” Sunset said sternly glancing to her sister.

“And take Emerald with you.” Cheerliee finished in a worried tone.

“You got it, c’mon Emerald!” Pen obeyed heading out not waiting for Emerald.

“Right behind…” she smacked into the side of the door.

“You.” She finished and ran after Pen.

As they left Cheerliee had noticed that Trixie wasn’t there and looked out seeing her running towards the library.

“Come on girls. Maybe she knows something.” Cheerliee says as she works her way around the crowd of panic stricken ponies. She was followed by Lightning, Rainbow, Coco, and Sunset.

After others had begun leaving Trixie was not far behind. She had grabbed Spike and made her way back to the library. She threw Spike off her and had unintentionally into a nearby wall which woke him up.

“Ugh! Trixie knew Trixie should have gone back to my research, but no Trixie can’t even seem to do that!” Trixie stated as she paced about the room.

“Um…Trixie?” Spike starts watching Trixie pace around the room.

“WHAT! TRIXIE IS TRYING TO THINK!” she yelled out in frustration as Spike face palms before looking to her.

“You’re doing it again.” Spike said

“Doing what?’ she questioned not realizing she had fallen into an old habit.

“Speaking in third pony.” Spike pointed out.

“Uh hehehe oops.” Trixie replies blushing in embarrassment.

“What is going here Trixie?” Cheerliee asked making Trixie look to the door seeing her, Lightning, Rainbow, Coco, and Sunset. Trixie lets out a long sigh.

“Well if you really must know I’ll try to keep it short so you don’t fall behind.” Trixie took in a breath before she continued.

“Nightmare Moon was sealed away many years ago with the help of the magical relics known as the Elements of Harmony and was sent to the moon for one thousand years, but it also said in a book that talked about the Mare in the Moon the stars will aid in her escape, so she has returned to cast all of Equestria into eternal nighttime.” Trixie stated in a fast pace tone huffing at the end from her rapid fire explanation.

“Wow…and I thought Pinkie was the only one that could give long explanations in one breath.” Dust said as the others either roll their eyes or mutter under their breath.

“So I need to find the book called ‘Elements of Harmony a Reference Guide’ and it’s somewhere in this library.” Trixie said in a hurry as she started scanning the shelves.

“And how do you know this?” Spike asked as Trixie turns to look at him

“Spike that book was originally from Canterlot. Who do you think organizes the library when the librarian isn’t around?” Trixie states as Spike scratches his head.

“Me, and the librarian is always kind enough to tell me what gets transferred out to other libraries.” She adds on.

“Well why you didn’t say so in the first place.” Rainbow said and started flying around.

“C’mon Dust.” She motioned her to follow her.

“Coming Dash!” Dust said and flew up to assist Dash.

“We’ll check down here; Sunset you’ll check with Cheerliee on that section, and I’ll help Trixie here.” Coco said and walked over where Trixie was looking through her books. Trixie was surprised at first that they were helping even though they’ve just met.

“You don’t have to help me you know?” Trixie said placing three stacks of books next to her.

“I know but I can’t help myself I guess it just me.” Coco grabbing a book and began to flip through it. Trixie went to grab another some more with her magic after reading the one’s she finished but Coco stopped her.

“Allow me to get that.” Coco proceeds to grab a ladder that was next to the staircase and proceed up the ladder a grab the books Trixie needed.

“I could have gotten those with my magic you know.” She replied.

“I know but you must get tried using your magic all the time, so you need to rest every now and then so you won’t wear yourself out.” Coco stated as she went up the ladder.

“Just let me do the lifting for now.” She adds looking down at Trixie with a smile.

Trixie looked to Coco. She had only met her, but felt like giving her a chance.

“Well that is mighty helpful of you Coco and thank you.” She replies as Coco comes down with a book in her mouth giving it to her.

“Oh it was nothing just making sure you don’t tire yourself out now.” she said as she went back to looking through the books.

Somewhere above them Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash were looking on the top shelves trying to find that elusive book that Trixie needed.

Dust looked at the title of each book which required her looking into them as some of the books had emblems on them and no title.

“Nope.” Tossing a book aside and grabbing another.

“Nah.” She continues tossing another one.

She then grabs a book with an emblem of a unicorn and looks inside of it.

“Elements of Harmony A Reference Guide. Nope…” she says closing it and tossing it aside, but then realized what she tossed aside and dove in the pile of tossed books and grabbed it.

“HEY I FOUND IT!” Lightning said with glee zooming over to where Trixie and Coco were at.

This got the attention of the others who rushed over at this exclamation.

“You found it, nice work Dust, high wing!” Dash complemented and high winged each other.

“Okay now there has to be something in here about the location of the Elements of Harmony and more about them too.” Trixie mumbles to herself as she began flipping through its pages.

“Ah ha right here! It says that there are five total Elements: Laughter, Honesty, Generosity, Kindness, and Loyalty but it is also said that there is a sixth element.” Trixie said in delight and a bit of puzzlement as she read.

“Wait six but you just said there were five.” Sunset replied.

“Yes but it says that the sixth element is a mystery, and it will only reveal itself to one that is worthy of it.” Trixie read off.

“Well where can we find them at?” Cheerlie asked. Trixie flipped through again and stopped at a particular page that shows six gems.

“Well… it says they can be found at the Castle of the Two Sisters in the… Everfree Forest? Huh?” As soon as Trixie said Everfree Forest everypony in the room froze up.

“Um…hehehe good one Trix. I thought you just said those elements are in the Everfree Forest.” Rainbow says both sarcastic and part scared at hearing that.

“Well we know where they are we’ll meet up back here in ten minutes to get prepared.” Trixie closed the book and proceed to her room to pack supplies.

The other reluctantly headed off for their home in order to get ready. It didn’t take them that long and within about seven minutes the other five where in front of the library.

There was an eerie silence as each of the fived looked at the others.

“Should we tell her about that place?” Sunset questioned breaking the silence.

“Well we should if we don’t she’ll just think of it as just an ordinary forest.” Coco replied.

“Yes I believe she should know what the forest is capable of.” Dust agreed and Cheerliee nodded.

“Then let’s tell her.” answered Sunset. The door opened and Trixie along with Spike came out.

“Alright girls let’s get to it!” Trixie announced in a sing song tone of voice.

“Hold on there, do know what the Everfree Forest is?” Sunset asked

“No I do not, but I do know that every minute we spend her talking Nightmare Moon is closer to succeeding in finding the elements before we can.” Trixie said with a small frown that turned into a determined smirk.

“Spike please hold the fort till we get back.” Trixie looks back and ordered.

“You got it.”Spike said saluting to them as they left.

They walked outside of Ponyville towards their destination but the rest of them are starting to worry. Nopony said a word until they got to the entrance of the forest which just the looking at it alone is frightening enough to scare anypony. Everypony but Trixie gave a slight worry look as they stared inside.

Trixie let out a breath and proceed to take the first few steps inside the forest.

“This is such a bad idea, but I can’t leave Trix hanging.” Dash thought as she was the first to follow.

“Oh dear maybe I should…No! You can do this Coco.” Coco thought following right behind Dash

“This might be madness, but oh well…Someponies got to keep up the moral.” Dust thought flying upside down following next.

“I told Trixie I would be there to help. I’m a pony of my word.” Sunset thought as she too follows after the others.

“Right. Just have to go into Ponyville’s local creepy back yard and grab some ancient relics to handle a alicorn of darkness…I really hope we know what we are getting into.” Cheerliee thought and was the last to follow.

“Well no turning back now.” Trixie said under her breath.

Ever deeper they entered inside the darker it seemed to get. Trixie and Sunset had to continuously use their magic in high amount in order to provide enough light for the six to see.

“Everpony stay close we don’t want anypony getting lost in here.” Sunset stated calmly looking about and being as cautious as she could.

Rainbow and Lightning looking from above for any danger as Cheerliee was keeping an eye on Coco because of her height disadvantage being smaller than most mares.

“Everything looks normal so far. Nothing out of the…” Trixie starts and then runs into something right in front of her that seemed to come out of nowhere.

“When was this put…” Trixie looked up to find a tree with what looked like teeth

“Here… AHHH!” with this scream and loss of concentration her light was flickering which made the trees seem to look even more menacing.

Trixie shouted and everpony ran for cover but ran into another tree with a frightening image but no matter where they ran to they’re surrounded by more frightening trees and even Dash was scared enough that she came to the ground.

Everypony seemed scared out of their wits; well almost everypony. Lightning Dust was looking at the tree making funny faces at the trees as well as other random things.

She then turned to the frightened mares and chuckled a bit surprised to see Dash actually scared of some funny looking trees.

“How can you girls be scared of a little tree? It’s not even that scary if you look at it from another angle.” Lightning Dust replied motioning them to come closer but they refused.

“You girls need to look at it from a different perspective like what I do.” She said and flew up above them moving some branches and exposing the trees to the moonlight.

They began to look at the trees all around them and seeing them like this the trees didn’t look as frightening. In fact they looked rather silly, and had made Trixie start to giggle. Slowly each of the others joined in and soon enough they were all laughing.

“But how could you manage to stare and laugh at it while not getting scared at all?” Trixie questioned after recovering from her laughing fit.

“Well I’ve learned from somepony that no matter how things may look even if it’s scary always look on the bright side and smile and laugh” Lightning Dust said. She gave everypony a smile to show that it wasn’t all that bad.

“Maybe we’ll get through this after all.” Trixie thought as her and the others smile and giggle a bit before heading onwards.

The eventually came out of the dense section of the forest and were now in a clearing near a cliff side. They got close and Dash flew over to examine how far down it is.

“Well we can’t go forward and I don’t think we can jump off if we don’t want to die because it will be one hard landing if we do.” Rainbow states

“What do we do now Trixie?” Sunset asked looking over to Trixie who was trying to figure out a way across.

Before she could answer she felt something was close by that made her feel cold. What she didn’t see was dark colored mist pass on by her and into the ground below them.

“What was that all of a sudden?” she thought which was answered when the cliff suddenly gave way causing Trixie, Coco, Sunset, and Cheerliee to fall.

“Hang on were coming! Dust you grab Coco I got Cheerliee!” Dash yelled out as she dives down to grab Cheerliee who was flailing her hooves in the air, while Dust grabbed Coco who was curled up into a ball bracing for impact.

As Sunset slid down the side of the cliff she had managed to hook her tail on a branch to secure herself.

Trixie almost fell off but grabbed onto the side of the cliff but barely hanging on. Sunset knew that branch wouldn’t hold long. So she unhooked her tail to slide down to where Trixie was.

“Hang on, I got you.” Sunset said trying to pull Trixie up.

“Use you magic!” Trixie yelled desperately at Sunset who was huffing.

“Are you kidding? I used up quite a bit back there.” Sunset states to Trixie.

“Plus I’m a little more focused on something else at the moment.” She adds her grip starting to slip.

Sunset looked to Trixie who was tearing up and looked extremely scared.

“Listen Trix. No matter what I won’t let you fall. Cause if you go down I’m going with you.” Sunset reassured her and began to ponder an idea

Trixie became wide-eyed at this statement “Why? Why would you do this for a pony you just met?” Trixie asks.

“Trixie…When it comes to a friend I trust them with my own life. So maybe you can do me a favor and trust me with yours?” Sunset asked as she continued to try and pull Trixie up, but was failing.

At that moment an idea came to mind her mind

“It’s a long shot but I’ll try it.” Sunset thought and relaxed a bit her horn gaining its glow which also encompassed Trixie who began to rise in the air. After a few second Sunset’s magic was straining due to an outside factor.

“Ponyfeathers why is she so heavy?” Sunset thought as sweat began to roll down her face. Just as she got Trixie up to eye level with herself her magic gave out.

The aura surrounding Trixie dissipated around her causing the mare to look to her left and right before looking straight at Sunset.

“Uh oh.” Trixie said and began to free fall down and was yelling her lungs out.

Sunset hurried down the side of the cliff jumping from stone to stone as she kept pace with the falling mare.

“I told her…if she goes down…” Sunset thought picking up the pace and getting ahead of the falling mare.

“That I go down with her.” She thought and jumps land below Trixie who’s eyes were shut tight. Sunset grabbed her and braced herself for the oncoming landing.

“This is going to hurt…a lot.” She thought as there was the audible sound of impact.

“I’m dead, I’m dead, I died, dead.” Trixie mumbles before opening her eyes and saw the other around and above her. She had not noticed that she was in a small crater made from the impact.

“What in the name of Celestia happened?” Trixie asked as she was helped out of the crater. She looked over to Coco and Cheerliee who seemed a bit rattled, but otherwise seemed to be fine.

“You two okay?” She asked extremely worried.

“Well thanks to Dash, and Dust over there.” Coco says in a shaky voice

“Duh cause we’re awesome like that.” Dash said blowing her hoof and Dust slightly blushing.

Trixie looked around but saw no sign of Sunset and began to grow worried.

“Um what about Sunset?” she asked.

“Sunset is right here.” Sunset blurted out slowly getting out of the crater. When she exited it she popped her back and all four hooves.

“Now I know what a rock feels like.” Sunset said stretching in order to get her body limber again.

“Oh sweet Celestia, did I fall on you?” Trixie asked running over to check on her.

“More like I snatched you out of the air before you became a pony pancake, just a little sore after I took the impact.” Sunset replied and Trixie was dumbfounded.

“You… took the impact… for me.” Trixie manage to answer.

“Well, to be honest I thought that wasn’t going to work when my magic ran out so quickly since you were so heavy.” Sunset said but just the word heavy got Trixie mad.

“But I kept my word. I said that if you went down I was going with you.” She said giving Trixie a hug.

“Well thanks Sunset.” Trixie said slightly surprised by the hug.

“But to be honest I thought I was going to die too. It’s like whenever a friend is in trouble, my mind just kicks into overdrive.” Sunset responded breaking the hug.

“She kept to what she said. She literally put her life on the line in order to keep her word.” Trixie thought.

“Well let’s get going we don’t want to attract unwanted attention.” Rainbow suggests as the others nod and began to head onward.