• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 4,246 Views, 49 Comments

Take Me Instead! - dietcokewithlime



Shining Armor volunteers himself to King Sombra to protect Princess Cadence. He might regret such a decision.

  • ...
15
 49
 4,246

Unnecessary Morning After Chapter

Shining Armor cracked open a single eye and stared out into the gloom of the bedroom. His heart raced and his mind whirled. He’d just awoken from one of the most real and frightening dreams of his life. Cadence and him had been locked away in a cell, guarded by the villainous King Sombra. He had said they could go free for a price. A special price.

Shining could still recall each and every vivid detail.

Since when had dreams become so real? he wondered tiredly.

In just the few moments since coming to, the stallion settled down. He was back in his own bed and both of Cadence’s legs were lovingly wrapped around his chest, her breath soft on his neck. It was unusual for Shining to be on this side of the embrace, but at the time he welcomed it.

Grabbing a single of her resting legs, he scooted back a few inches, ruffling the twisted covers that lay shattered around him. He stopped at her chest and found it far hairier than it should be. Then he glanced at the leg he had grabbed and found a dark grey one in place of bright pink.

No, he thought sleepily. The curtains are shut and the room is dark. I’m only not seeing this right.

He slowly angled his head and caught sight of Sombra’s curved red horn and peacefully snoozing face, a single drip of saliva tempting to spill onto his pillow. Shining also noted the absence of crown and cape, along with every bit of his sparkling silver armor.

Carefully, Shining turned to stare at the wall again, shuddering and gagging on air. And then came each and every ache in his body that he’d forgotten about since waking. His jaw hurt, along with his neck, joints, and back. He smelled imitation coconut and cherry, as well as some water-based liquids. Most of his fur was sticky and wet and standing up in every which direction. Most prominent of all, though, was the overwhelming soreness in two very sensitive areas below the covers. For a moment his mind flashed around the dozens of acts that might have caused such distress, but he shut them out as he thought of what he’d need to do next.

Removing Sombra’s leg from his side, he then shuffled out the bed as gently as possible. Once he’d barked one of his knees on some nearby stand, he opened a single drape to let in some light.

Shining scanned the large and elaborate room and found the doors on the other side. Standing on tippy-hooves he made his way over, spending a moment to see if Sombra had noticed his absence.

Oh, Celestia…

Sombra was still asleep in the same position as before, that small grin from when Shining was pressed up against him vacant from his face. Now he appeared sad, as both of his forelegs minutely searched for that batch of warmth they’d been holding onto earlier.

It would almost have been cute, if the act wasn’t being done by the worst villain in Equestrian history.

Without hesitation, Shining went to the doors (nearly slipping on some puddle on the floor that he didn’t spend time investigating) and tried turning the knob. When one greasy hoof proved ineffective, he tried for two, only to come away with the same result. As his hooves slipped again and again, his anxiety rose. He had to get out of there. He had to get back to Cadence and explain what had happened (omitting one or two glaring details).

Panic stricken and confused, Shining hadn’t even noticed a certain bed partner rise to greet him.

“Good morning, marshmallow.”

Shining shuddered again and found his hooves trembling on the knob. Slowly, he turned around, unsure what he’d find.

King Sombra sat up against the headboard, a gentle smirk on his lips. He raised both his forelegs and stretched, before spreading out along the bed. “It’s must too early to rise, my prince. We will skip breakfast and settle for brunch later on. Come back to bed. You know how naked I feel without my armor on.”

Shining’s pupils shrunk and he turned back to the door. If the knob was of no use, his next plan was to buck the door off the hinges. Only problem was the strong magic pulling on his legs back towards the bed. Shining lowered to the floor to find something to hold onto, only for his hooves to leave track-marks across the marble as they dragged along.

Once his sore plot hit the side of the bed, he was gently flipped over and set back down next to the King, who instantly wrapped him up in four horrifically strong legs.

“There’s my little spoon again,” he said happily.

Shining couldn’t help but tremble atop the soft covers.

Sombra asked, “Why are you shaking like that? Are you cold? Let your king warm you up.”

Oh, Celestia, he thought meekly. Why is he so nice now?

Shining steeled himself as Sombra played with a batch of fur on his chest.

Shining said bluntly, “I want to go. I’ve done what you asked and now I want to see Cadence again.”

Sombra sighed heavily against his head. “I’m sure you do. But will she want to see you again?”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but—” He paused for a moment. “Oh, wait. No, I’m not. Cadence cheated on you, Shining. And I don’t believe she’ll want you back.”

Shining choked on the cherry/coconut infused air. “What! When? I just saw her yesterday!”

Sombra nodded and began rubbing his hooves along Shining’s shoulders. “I know. What a terrible thing to do. From what I understand, she came by last night to lend moral support when she heard you yelling through the doors. Once she’d heard enough, she grabbed the closest guard nearby and… well, I think you can guess the rest.”

Shining felt on the verge of crying. “But… I didn’t say anything last night!”

Sombra chuckled deeply. “Oh, you big liar you. What didn’t you say last night?” He kissed the back of his neck. “It might have taken some time to melt my new scoop of vanilla ice cream, but once I got you warm… it was almost as if you enjoyed it.”

Oh, Celestia, he even does nicknames.

Shining shouted, “That’s a lie!”

Sombra cooed, “Tell yourself whatever you need to, my prince. I’m sure we’ll get to know a lot about the other in due time.”

Shining hesitated before asking, “What do you mean by that?”

Sombra put his head on his shoulder. “That I’ve changed my mind and I won’t let you leave. You must stay here with me now.” He sighed heavily. “I’ve done terrible things before—monstrous things. But my night with you made me realize there is love in this world; I only had to find it first.” He slapped Shining’s sore plot. “And you seem so much more durable than the others. Mares? Perhaps two, three times a night. You? I don’t even know how you left the bed this morning.”

“Don’t!” Shining interrupted. “Don’t mention stuff like that!”

“Whatever you wish, my love.” He chuckled. “I was only going to point out that before last night, I looked at you like some idiotic, foolhardy stallion that did one thing and one thing only. Now, after seeing you up close and getting to know what exists on the inside, do I want more.” He paused. “Get it? ‘Inside.’ Because I stuck my—”

“I get it!”

Oh, Celestia, he makes jokes, too. Or… tries.

Shining asked timidly, “And what’s happens if I want nothing to do with you? What happens if I still hate your guts and escape and never call you again or remember your birthday?”

Sombra smiled. “You make me want to be a better stallion, Shining. So if you stay with me, I’ll do whatever you think is best.”

“Like stop slavery?”

“Sure.”

“And stop all executions?”

“Those were really fun, but for you, I would.”

“And… perhaps, fix your entire warped kingdom?”

“You’re lucky you’re so damn cute right now, or I’d have found that insulting. But, more or less, if that’s what you want. But if you leave.” Shining heard the King grit his teeth together. “Nothing will change and I’ll only make things worse.”

As warm as he was in the cozy embrace of the dark stallion, Shining felt like a small block of ice. He was without a doubt in the worst position of his life—between a rock and the King’s very hard and very phallic personal object.

“Can I think about it over brunch?”

Sombra paused. “If you wish, but first let me get that thing on your cheek.”

“What’s on my cheek?”

“Me.” Sombra leaned in to peck him on the face.

Oh, Celestia, he’s actually kind of cute when he tries.

Sombra’s powerful legs pulled him closer. “You were shivering before. I know something that might help warm you up.”

Shining’s stomach dropped as he felt something poke into his back.

“Why don’t you sit on the King’s throne again?”

Oh, Celestia, give me strength.

Author's Note:

Sorry, but the notion of gay Sombra is too humorous and yet scary to not write about.