• Published 29th Dec 2014
  • 4,506 Views, 138 Comments

Rise of The Ancient Summoner - Hekkar



One purchase and suddenly a new defender is made. The worst part is that his new powers.... has no manual for it. This is going to be a long life.

  • ...
18
 138
 4,506

Prologue: A New Creature.

Author's Note:

No flaming, insulting, or the usual stuff. Just remember this is my attempt at a human gaining power and the whole convention thing. Also not my best intro, but no one's perfect.

"Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
- William Jennings Bryan

Earth

It had started like any other day for the young man who lived in the 'Video Game Capital of the World', otherwise known as Ottumwa, Iowa. I had gotten up, eaten breakfast, showered, and of course got to work. See I work at home, playing video games, looking for improvements to be made and such like that. Though making improvements was only part of the job and granted it didn't make a lot of money like say a doctor or lawyer, I didn't really give a damn, it's what I did for a living and enjoyed it greatly.

Gaming just felt... natural to me and soon enough found a job doing it for Havok, mainly as a beta tester for their games. As I finished playing a beta game for the PC, I cannot tell anyone since it was in my contract, I looked for my calendar to see if today was THAT day. I finally found it as today was definitely THAT day. Today was the day I officially was on my day off and of course is the day for a gamer convention in town. Though things are going a bit fast without a proper introduction.

My name is Drake Blackwood, a twenty-three year old male gamer who lives in a apartment, decent mind you, in Ottumwa. I looked into a mirror as I looked over my current attire to see if it would of been fine with a costume I made. I stood at the mirror at a average five foot, seven inches, a bit of average build, shaggy black hair and light blue eyes. I had a clean shaven face, since I had shaved just last night, and currently on me was a simple black based, button up shirt with a red, stone looking logo on the back of it. The logo was the symbol of a popular MMO called DOTA 2. It was also the first game I got to test, though admittedly I was only testing the game's patches before they went into effect to see if they caused any problem. My lower half had on a pair of black combat boots along side a simple pair of black jeans.

The costume that hung on a door was a black, hooded, cloak that had a symbol on its hood. The symbol on the hood was a golden circle with a sky blue core in it along with a few tree looking images wrapping around the ring to symbolize the light side known as the Radiant. Inside the Radiant symbol, a crimson red triangle sits with a image of a black, decayed forest in it that symbolized the dark side known as the Dire. Near the left sleeve was a black gauntlet with a plastic green dome in the palm of the hand and the lower half of it looked like a replica in style of Augus's pants from Asura's Wrath. Only difference is it was black and did not have the white belt. Instead it had some realistic looking armored belt with makeshift runes etched into it.

As I looked over my costume I could help, but grin at myself. To others it may look like some kind of dark mage or perhaps a evil sorcerer attire, but in truth it was my representation of what a summoner would look like in Dota, all badass and with easy access to their heroes for a battle. As I turned and got my costume packed up as I made sure to stop at the bank and get some cash for probably something meaningless like a small figurine of one of the heroes or maybe some replica of a in game item, I never know. In all honesty, this be the first game convention I ever went to since I was still working on the outfit and didn't have free time to go till today.

After leaving the apartment, I got into my car and drove down to the convention in town. Honestly it was about a hour from where I live and after arriving, I quickly put on my attire, made sure my wallet had cash and that the gauntlet was securely on my left hand as it went up to my elbow. It was a bit hard to move my hand in it, mainly because it was made of plastic and I made of made the joints a bit too tight to properly move. Didn't take long to get in line as I could see all sorts of people cosplaying as famous game characters like Sylvanas from Warcraft and Anya Stroud from Gears.

A small entry fee, registration form signing, and of course security check later I was in and started to wander around, simply browsing and looking around with no real destination. As I walked around the rows and through the crowds, I had inadvertently ran into a guy who was wearing a simple black shirt with the words '20% Cooler' in rainbow like color. Now I think of myself as a rational man and so when I saw him I did the only rational thing. I held out my right hand, gave him a fistbump and took a few pics of him and his 'brony' friends as they called themselves, hell a few with me in them. I will admit I am a brony, but not one of those bronies who finds more 'intimate' thoughts with the characters of MLP, I'm just a normal gamer who loves the show for characters and story.... not to mention the humor that arises now and again.

Now many would find them in the wrong place, but given how a few MLP games came out, they kinda fit in.... problem was their was hardly a MLP booth for them, but whatever I'm not here as a brony. I'm here as a gamer who is walking around as what I believe a summoner looks like in DOTA series. Either way, more mindless wandering, a bag of jerky I recently bought, and honestly a bit of boredom sitting in, I finally found a booth that seemed out of the way. As I walked towards the booth, I noticed the man had a rather peculiar selection in his booth. Arranged before the merchant were items, all of which looked like replicas of items from many MMO games like Smite, League, and of course DOTA. I stopped a few inches from the table as the man, who was oddly enough dressed like a merchant from Resident Evil 4 and even spoke like him, looks up and says "Welcome to my booth strange'a. What would ya be looking for?" he asks.

I simply glanced over all the items as my eyes fell on a necklace on display. It was a silver necklace with a simple chain lanyard to allow it to dangle. In the center of it was a light purple gem in a pentagon looking pendant that seemed to glow as if... calling to me. I just chalked it up to a cheap LED in the fake gem as I picked it up and examined it, hell even had the dark blue under the pendant. I look at the merchant as I smile "Nice attention to detail my friend. How much for this Null Talisman replica?" I asks.

The merchant simply chuckles "For you lad, a simple twenty dollars" he says. I knew it was pricey, but still at least with this people may get my costume idea better. After the purchase, I put the talisman on as the gem keeps glowing. I turn back to ask about how to turn it off, but the merchant had disappeared with his stuff. I just figure I let it glow till it's battery ran out as I continued to wander, but soon I started to feel.... dizzy. I found a bench and soon enough I felt like I was just floating on air after sitting down on it. I felt wind rushing around me as I opened my eyes and found myself falling through the sky and past pink clouds as I did the only thing I could do.

I screamed. Loudly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot, Twilight POV

The world had seemed to slow down a bit as my friends and I used the elements of Harmony to defeat the Evil Discord and turn him back to stone once again. I could feel the power surge through my friends and I as the rainbow formed around us before going and striking at Discord, imprisoning the Spirit of Chaos once more. As soon as it had come, it had also left with before us standing the statue as the world slowly reverted back to how it was before he broke out. The weird ground turned back to grass, the town stopped floating upside down and turned back into being normal-ish Ponyville, the clouds returned to being white, puffy clouds, and all returned to normal due to Discord's magic being neutralized.

After we had returned to Canterlot to return the elements to Princess Celestia, we could see the ponies had already made a new stained glass window depicting our battle. Those ponies work pretty fast despite having to of dealt with Discord's magic. As we walked down the hall to the throne where Celestia sat, we all stopped and heard a loud yell from outside as it got closer and closer till soon a figure in black crashes through the ceiling and into the floor. The.... thing groans in pain as soon enough the ceiling started to give way from the harsh entry that it had as I yelled "Look out!" before the ceiling fell and hit him hard on the head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drake POV

As I fell from the sky, my lungs started to burn from all the screaming as sure enough I stopped for a second and saw what was right below me. It was a small town surrounded by living and dead forests as nearby was a castle built on the side of a mountain. Everything looked so colorful like it was in a young kid's show. Before long I started to yell again as I fell faster and faster till I saw a golden roof and crashed right through it and into a floor of red carpet, marble, and tile. I heard a collection of female gasps as all I did was groan from the pain of the fall, how I am alive is a miracle to me.

I heard a sound of something cracking as all I heard afterwards was "Look out!" before everything went black as something heavy hit me in the back. I felt nothing, but my ears could feel some weird sound as I started to stir in something... soft. As my eyes opened I could see the white tile ceiling and flourescent lights hanging from the ceiling as I recognized it as parts of a infirmary or hospital from shows I watched as a kid. As I slowly sat up in my bed, I could feel something tug at my arm. My head turned and saw a IV stand in my arm as I sigh "Yep... hospital" I say in a raspy voice. Before I could try to move, I felt sharp shocks as I lay back down and feel the shocks relax a bit. It was official, my body felt broken and I have no clue where the hell I am... yep this is a bad situation.

I could hear the door open as my eyes lazilly drifted over and saw a human stand in the doorway, but looked.... off. Well she had the floppy ears, a long tail, and a small muzzle, like a horse, but what caught me was the sound of clopping, like hooves on a hard surface. She must of been a nurse from the nurse outfit she had on. Her body was snow white and with a light pink tail, long pink hair to her back, and light blue eyes. She seemed a bit surprised when she saw I was awake as she ran out of the room and called out "Quick, the creature's awake!" as I felt more confused now. She called me a creature when she is the human with floppy ears, a tail and... oddly enough my mind went straight to the thought of her being a horse. I quickly shook my head as I heard more clopping coming from the hallway.

As I looked at the door, I could see eight women walk in, but the thing about them was, a couple had wings as one of them, a cyan or light blue one I couldn't tell, flew in with a rainbow colored mane, tail, and in a tanktop, sports shorts, and sneakers. Two more who walked in had horns on their heads as one of them in glasses and what looks like a librarian outfit carried in large quantity of paper or parchment along with some inkwells and quills as she sits next to me. She had a lavender body and hair that looked two-tone purple with a strand of pink in it. My head turns back around to see two blue orbs in my face from a mare who was light pink and oddly enough smelt of cotton candy and a grin so wide I swear she give Jeff the Killer a run for his money "Hi! My name's Pinkie Pie! What's yours?!" she asks as she bounces on me.

I groan in pain "Right now it's pain and you are hopping on my stomach!" I inadvertently yell as some weird blue aura picks her up and lifts her off of me as my right arm comes and grips my stomach. I felt a soft hand touch my arm as I see a buttercream colored lady with a darker shade of pink hair and tail then the nurse, wearing a sweater and long skirt look at me. I.... oddly felt calm as I let go of my stomach and breathe "I... apologize for my outburst. It's not everyday that I fall from the sky and end up breaking every bone in my body"

"Well technically just your left arm and right leg along with a few ribs and collarbone" the nurse said as she entered to change the IV bags. As I looked around and saw them all see me with confusion, suspicion, and of course curiosity I saw two final figures as they stand taller then the others and with wings and horns. The gears in my mind started to turn as a few things clicked. Weird colorful world, check. Human looking creatures with horse features, check. Odd skin and hair patterns that are not natural on a normal person, check. Appendages of wings, horn, or in this case both, check..... yep, it's just like that show.

At this point, I look at the lady, or I should say mare, as I asked a simple question "May I have a drink before we begin the eventual question and answer?" as from a bright flash of light a cup of water comes out of thin air on the table next to me. Normally I would of freaked out, but with my broken body I couldn't really freak out properly. I sigh "I'll... question that later" I say as I take a few sips as I hear fast writing being done. As I put the glass down, I slowly push myself up, with some help from the lavender mare. I look at them as I simply wait for the questions to come in.