• Published 29th Dec 2014
  • 4,507 Views, 138 Comments

Rise of The Ancient Summoner - Hekkar



One purchase and suddenly a new defender is made. The worst part is that his new powers.... has no manual for it. This is going to be a long life.

  • ...
18
 138
 4,507

Chapter 2: Let The Power Flow and Questions Come.

Author's Note:

Alright look I know there is now summoner of DOTA, well in the real DOTA, I get it, but at the time of making this story I did not know that. Now I say this because of PM's about 'there is no summoner of DOTA' and like to clarify that I got it, there is no summoner, now lay off about it please.

I'm still sticking with what I made and will not change it. If you don't like it then don't read. Next chapter will also be a brawl so be ready.

"Silence is a true friend who never betrays.
- Confucius

Drake POV

Two hours. She has been asking questions for two damn hours now. She only said she ask a few questions! I should of known something was wrong when she had that large stack of papers magically appear out of nowhere. Two hours ago, I had gotten assigned to live with the purple unicorn called Twilight Sparkle, but to me I'm just surprised of a few things. For one, they are quite open minded of me simply being from a unknown world and of unknown origin. They must really trust their unicorn friend with information about me.... oh how I wish I knew what that entailed.

The walk through town actually caused me to flinch and duck, mainly from some mint green unicorn trying to jump me wanting to, and I dare quote, 'get my hands'. Now I may not be a genius of what women mean or want, but I did not want to risk anything and with the princesses gone, whom teleported back to Canterlot, I only had to trust these six ponies.. Luckily for me though, some blue and pink haired girl dragged her away before any harm was caused or done. I think they were Lyra and BonBon, judging from my knowledge of background ponies that had gotten names. To my surprise many of the fans really expanded them from simple background ponies.

Anyway, after we reached a large tree that was supposedly Twilight's home, the others simply left for their job or relax or whatever they did. Didn't matter, I still had to play dumb, despite my suspicion that the solar and lunar princesses knew more then they let on. A brief tour of the home later, which I had faked surprise it was a library in a large tree and of course my surprise at seeing Spike, she had me sit in a chair as she made the paper appear out of magic. At first I figure it was all just for noting down every word I would say.... oh lord was I wrong.

It all started out simple, question about species, gender, age, lifespan, name, etc. The question about diet really surprised her and took me a while to explain that we humans only eat 'non-sapient' species and that humans are the only sapient species on our planet called Earth. Also had to explain that humans use their minds, skills, and ingenuity to do what they need from cooking a meal to building a building, no magic whatsoever. The question of skills was simple to explain, that we humans do more trial and error sort of thing. We do many things and keep at it till we find one we are good at. I could of explained my skills, but seeing as how they didn't even have a tv, well it be hard to explain that. Soon the questions got to points I really didn't like to remember, like family and friends. I.... rather not speak about that for now. Either way the one question that confused her was how I got here. Apparently, she never felt any magic in my talisman.

Back to now, she had just asked the.... fifty-second question? I can't remember. All I can remember is that my head soon met the table as I felt myself embrace the darkness that my eyes could see. When I woke up, I had seen two packets before me, both pretty thick. One was labeled Drake’s Gauntlet by Twilight Sparkle, probably a research book on my gauntlet while I was out. Main problem was when I saw the index, the damn thing was three hundred pages long! As I looked at the other book titled Study of the human, Drake Blackwood by Twilight Sparkle one thought was in my head "This book right is twice that size! This pony must of written some detail notes for it to be that thick and big..... oh well, might as well get started" as I opened the gauntlet book.

Something stopped me though. When I looked up, I saw I was alone in the treehouse. No Twilight, no party, no Spike, no one, and that was a bit worrying. I figure it was just something Twilight was doing out with her friends as I get comfortable, or at least read up on her notes. I clap my hands "Alright.... let's begin"

Two Hours Later.....

Fascinating. That's the only word that comes to mind when I read through this book about my gauntlet.... well its new form anyway. Also seems I was right in terms of detail. She had every miniscule detail written down from measurement, to size of 'appendages' as she called them, even of its 'weird magic aura'. Seems my gauntlet is my acting tool of magic in this world as she reports it has the power to hold magic, but it can't gain magic like regular Equestrians. From what I can remember, besides the last two hours of reading this gauntlet book, Twilight told me that the ponies of this world gain magic from the ground and air, as if they were connected to it. Sounded a bit like those magic creatures or magic users in Dungeon and Dragons almost, but to put the whole five page explanation in short terms for those of non-magic usage: gauntlet not made in Equestria thus can't gain magic from the world.

The rest of the book seemed empty after the last page, as if waiting for more to be written, must of been done via magic or something, hell if I know. The only other thing that is of importance is a power called 'Siphon', a part of the gauntlet seems to be able to allow me to grasp anything with magic and drain it of magic, but to a limit. Alongside is a list of objects and creatures with magic, from ponies to even leaves and books. Guess everything truly did have magic in it. On the last page though were more like hypothesis she may of made such as 'Speculated that somepony who uses the gauntlet and brings it over its magic limit would cause a feedback and unknown consequences of such actions' and 'If the item can hold magic, perhaps it can gain magic via channeling some into it'.

I flipped back to the page about the 'magic aura' part that Twilight felt in the gauntlet. Seems the magic aura is of a mixture, every element of magic ranging from common to advance to even dark magic. Problem was she never listed them all, probably because she expected some pony to read it and know about all the elements of magic or types. Still.... for my gauntlet to change and be able to have magic..... now I am more interested in what happened to my gauntlet and less of what happened to...... me.

That's right....I don't belong here. This is a land of peace, harmony, and ponies, not humans. Still, I doubt that it will be easy for them to find a way to return me..... IF they can. Either way, not long after I closed the book and stood up to get feeling back in my legs that was when I stopped and saw some pink box on the ground. It was under the table and out of sight from when I was sitting down, not to mention the towers of books all over the place didn't help me find it.

After picking it up, the box was about from the floor to my knees as I knelt down and saw the card

To: Drake Blackwood

From: Pinkie and Friends

Hi! I just wanted to leave this present here since you were being quite a sleepy-head from the questions I assume! Just open the box!

Well that was.... informal. Just as the card said I opened the box to get a smokescreen and I stood up and accidentally knocked over a column of books as I made my way for the door, swiping my hands to try and clear my view with no such luck. I opened the door to air the place out as when the smoke cleared, I saw a large party had been set up in record time as he seems quite shocked, but also knows of Pinkie's party skills. From a very large "Surprise!" he was soon introduced again to the hyperactive mare again "Were you surprised! I bet you were! Were you? Were you?" she asks happily.

"Yes I was very surprised Pinkie.... still trying to figure out how you had this all in one small box"

A hand pats my shoulder as it was Applejack "Its Pinkie Pie Drake, ain't nopony gonna figure her out." I just did what anyone else would of done and simply nodded. I recognized most of the ponies here from Vinyl to Berry to even Ditzy who had just collided into Rainbow by accident, the silly pegasi. I, of course, just sat in a chair and kept to myself since parties were not exactly my thing. I was doing pretty good.... till a weird, swirly, pink tail pulled me from my seat and into another seat for another Q&A..... God if you are up there, please make this end soon

"And now we are going to ask him twenty questions just so everypony knows him better!" Pinkie yelled happily. My prayers were answered though as a comic book came flying and landed on her mane, which I swear it absorbed it and made the mane slightly bigger.... well there went my prayer to you, you old man in white. Again more questions that I already answered with Twilight, and with me still half-asleep I sort of answered them halfheartedly. The worst part came from after the questions surprisingly as Twilight took the stage.

"Alright everypony, I would like to inform you all that in a hour, we are going to test the gauntlet of his to see if it is something we should worry about or not. I would like to inform you all if you wish to watch you may or simply stay inside..... and make sure your insurance is up to date" she informed them as they all murmur a few things, all of which fell on the deaf, shocked ears of mine.

I slowly looked at Twilight as my jaw was dropped "What the hell are you thinking?" I ask in a raised tone, showing my discomfort at this idea "This is like saying 'Hey! Let's all wear red and jump into a pin full of bulls so they can stampede on us!' We don't even know how bad this thing is or even what it does!" I voiced my argument and all I got was a giggle from her.

"Don't worry, we will be able to handle it" Twilight said and with her big, purple eyes mixed with her cute, librarian like attire.... I forfeited and let her get the test ready.

Outside in a simple field, very far away from town, I was standing on one end of the field as before me.... were the first six ponies I met. I didn't take me long to realize what the test was going to involve as I saw the fire in RD's eyes. I turned to Twilight and yelled "Your serious? Your going to make me fight you six? I have no magic or magic resistance, I'm going to get sent back to the hospital!" I yelled. She simply shook her head and gave me a smile as if saying 'that won't happen'.... I wish I had her faith.

Twilight POV

"Alright, remember now we're going to go easy on him since he is new, but also to see what the gauntlet does" I said to my friends who all nodded. I looked at RD "That means no high sky divebombs Rainbow" I emphasized her name while narrowing my eyes. I love Rainbow like a sister, but she sometimes took things too far. As we got in position, I could tell Drake was trying to look brave, but the fact was he was scared, as scared as a new foal about to go to school. However if my research of his gauntlet is correct, then he should have some protection against Rarity and my magic along with at least softening any blow to it by a bit, but still feel the shock.... I hope.

I looked over to the side and saw the ponies from the party had joined to watch the test of his gauntlet. I heard Drake yell about fighting as I called back "It's just sparring! Don't worry!" I said with hope in my voice so he feels relieved. All it did was make him more frightful of what is to come. Not even a minute after in position, I tossed a simple magic bolt at him as he tossed up his arms to defend.

To my surprise, the gauntlet seemed to of caught the bolt and absorbed it into the gauntlet. As he brought it back down for a second, he had brought it back up to block a punch from Applejack. I could see him nearly lose his footing as he looked at his gauntlet to see something glowing.

Drake POV

What the hell was going on? First I get some magic bolt coming at me just for my gauntlet to absorb it and get some tingling sensation running in my arm and then for AJ's punch to hit the gauntlet. It felt like something had turned a boulder into just a good sized rock, as in I still felt it, but I felt like that mare would of possibly broken a bone or two if it was my regular hand. My eyes caught my gauntlet glowing a bit as I looked at it, I noticed something. The gem had turned into three colored pools now. One was a blue sapphire color, another a light green color and finally red as a apple. Something about the colors seemed.... familiar.

I could hear the wind rushing as I looked up to see the blue pegasi flying at me and upon instinct I raised my arms to block, but this time I clenched my hands to try and make them into shock absorbers of the hit to come. Unbeknownst to me though, when I made my fist, I had activated the gauntlet. A bright flash came as I saw myself get washed over by the three colors, all colliding, merging, even running over eachother as soon all I could see was red.

I could feel it in me. The power. The strength! Fusing with me, empowering me! I could feel my body shift, my body be filled with a fire that was dangerous, but... familiar. As the red disappeared, I was greeted with the sight of jaws agape from my new appearance.

3rd Person POV

Right before everypony's eyes stood a human, but.... different. His entire body was covered in armor of burning yellow-orange, crimson red, sky blue, and light grey. Its eyes were a burning orange color, but also slitted like dragon eyes. He stood his ground, with sword of metal and fire and a large shield in his hands. As he aimed his sword away from the ponies he spoke, a voice deep and booming "Who calls the Dragon Knight?"