• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 714 Views, 8 Comments

Memories of Joe the Unicorn - Cool writer



It's not easy moving to a new town and school... It doesn't help that your not even the same species as your classmates.

  • ...
9
 8
 714

[7] Dreams

JOURNAL: Day 19, Sunday (morning)
Yesterday, I was able to meet Lyra Heartstrings, a unicorn who is fascinated with humans! She has learned to turn hooves into hands! Well, back into hands in my case. I am telling her stuff about the human world, and correcting what she already knows. I feel so much closer to home, more than I have in a long time. But... I also feel further. Any way, I didn't crusade with the crusaders yesterday. They are probably really mad. I hope I can make them forgive me tomorrow. But for today, I need to talk with Lyra. That's all so far, be back after this.

Joe closed the book with his nose. He then levitated the book into his saddle bag, and put it on. Joe then raced out the door.

"19... 20... 21..." Joe said as he raced down street. "Ah! 22, Baker street!" Joe knocked on the door. Stomp stomp stomp! The door suddenly burst open, and a teal hoof reached out and pulled Joe in. The door closed behind him. He was greeted by the, teal, smiling face of Lyra.

"You came!" She said. "Come on! We have so much to talk about!" Lyra said, walking to the study. The door arose the hall opened up, and a sleepy Bon bon came out.

"Lyra?" Bon bon asked, rubbing her eyes. "Who is it?"

"Oh! It's that colt from yesterday, Joe." Lyra responded.

"Hi." Joe waved quietly.

"Why is he here?" Bon bon asked. "It's 3 in the morning! How are you so up and awake?" Bon bon snapped.

"Well, I didn't sleep." Joe said.

"I couldn't Sleep." Lyra said.

"That still dosn't-" Bon bon said. "You know what? Never mind." Bon bon walked back into the room, and fell onto the bed. Lyra and Joe looked at each other, grinned, and raced into the study.


"Hey, Twilight! Do you know where Joe is?" Spike asked.

"I don't know Spike." Twilight said. "He wasn't in bed when I woke up." Twilight pondered. "He probably went out for lunch."

"You're probably right. It is noon." Spike said. As if on cue: The front door to the library swung open, and Joe walked in, with a saddle bag on.

"Don't talk to me." Joe said as Twilight drew breath to speak. "I'm to tired to have a conversation."

"How long have you been up?" Twilight asked.

"Seance 3 AM." Joe said, walking up the stairs to the living rooms. "Yesterday." Once inside, he feel onto the bed. All day, Joe and Lyra had been testing spells, perfecting the hand spell. Lyra had sadly taken the hands back before Joe left. They had also been working on theory's on how Joe had gotten to equestria, and more importantly how they could replicate it and go back. All of that had been strictly kept theoretical. To be frank: he was dog tired. He remembered he had to do his journal entry.

"Spike! Spiiiiiiiiike!" Joe called out for Spike. "Spiiiiiiiiiike!" Spike walked in.

"What is it?" Spike asked in a friendly way.

"Take a note!" Joe whined. Spike reached for a scroll. "Not with that! Use the note book in my saddle bag!"

"You got it!" Spike said. Joe cleared his thorough.

JOURNAL, DAY 19 (Noon)
Lyra and I experimented from 4 to 12 today. Needless to say, I'm tired as tartarus. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day napping, nothing has come up otherwise. That's all for now.

"...other...wise! Got it!" Spike said. "Hey, do you mind if I ask what you were experimenting?"

"Zzzzzz." Joe snored. He was already out.

"Wow. I thought I was the heavy sleeper." Spike joked. He shook his head and walked downstairs.


Luna was sitting in her dream skape, the world of dreams. She was watching over the Dreams of her subjects. She liked this.

"Oh? What's this?" Luna noticed a subject was dreaming... and it wasn't Rainbow Dash. 'Wait... wasn't that the strange pony that Sundrop likes?' Luna realized that it was Joe the unicorn. Yes I made that joke. Any ways... Luna decided to see Luna's dream. The dream skape altered, turning into a path towards Joe's dream. Luna flew down the path, like she had done for many of her subjects, and even a few times in her exile as... her... Luna's most recent dream visit was to a young Pegasus filly, named Scootaloo. Although that had been a long time ago. Luna entered the dream. She saw Joe sitting on a cliff, looking at the night sky. He was silently crying. Luna silently stood up behind him.

"Hi princess." Joe said. Luna gasped.

"How did you know I was here?" Luna asked. "You shouldn't be able to know I'm here unless I let you!" Luna cried.

"I'm not sure." Joe sighed sadly. "And I don't really care." Luna looked it him, and went to sit down beside him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Luna asked.

"It's..." Joe sighed. "I'm never gonna see my family again." Suddenly, a human sat appeared out of no where and sat next to Joe, with the same sad disposition. He was dirty blond and had brown eyes, like Joe. His skin was slightly tan, but mostly pale. Luna suddenly realized who the human was.

"That's... you... isn't it?" Luna asked, beginning to back away slowly. Joe nodded slowly, another tear fell off his muzzle. 'Dose Celestia know about this? Why has she not told me?' Luna's mind was bursting with questions about this. "What, else is wrong?" Luna asked.

"I'm... so... alone..." Joe began to sob. Luna couldn't help but feel sorry for the monster. From her exile on the moon, she was able to see the humans, and all the horrors they did. There weapons... and machines of war. But... this one wasn't like that. She knew all humans couldn't be that way... but this one was so much different. More than she thought possible. Joe's head was already in his hooves, tears falling down in droves. "I... I haven't told my parents good buy yet. They don't know where I am. And they'll never know." Joe sobbed. No one needed to be psychic to tell he was being honest, and was in complete turmoil. Luna cautiously approached again.

"I was alone once to." Luna said. "... for 1,000 years." Joe looked up at Luna, his red pony face was flushed and wet with tears.

"How did you deal with it?" He asked.

"I wasn't completely alone." Luna said. "I saw you, all you humans. Running around with your silly credit cards, and high schools. Why do humans need to age to 18 years before you can stop school? And even after that you decide to keep schooling for 4 more years." Luna said exasperatedly. Joe giggled a bit. It was an awkward, not completely happy giggle. But it would still be enough to satisfy Pinkie Pie. Luna put a hoof on his "shoulder." Joe returned this with a hug, one of the sincerity of a small frightened child.

"Thank you." Joe sniffled. An 8 year old's emotions are strong aren't they? The Dream Scape began to fade.


"No... there needs to be more energy here... and less here..." Lyra was working on the spell in her study. Designing a spell is pretty much like making blue prints for a building, with a few added incantations, and magic. The door suddenly opened. Joe walked inside. "Oh, hi Joe! Is it tomorrow already?" Lyra asked.

"No." Joe responded. "It's 4 pm. Last time I checked. I just wanted to come back and help finish." Joe looked at Lyra, and looked confused. "Diiiid you rest up?" He asked, drawing out the "I."

"Rest? I don't need to rest. I'm almost done." Lyra said. Joe walked up to the chalk board with the spell diagram on it.

"Ummm..." Joe frowned "Why is the permutatio aspect in the arcane core not higher?" Joe asked. "The alienis aspect should be removed compleatly and the potentia should be higher as well. Also some potentia should be in the arcane field, along with more precantio. Add some humanus around here..." He swirled his hoof around the center of the diagram. "And with the permutatio in the affect tendrels, to help make sure the spell makes us human, and not some dragon or breezy." Joe said. "You should take nap before you do any more." Lyra nodded, and fell over. Passing out. (Hey! Joe wasn't the one to pass out this time!) Joe's horn glowed it's bronze glow, the same glow formed around Lyra, and she floated out of the study, up the stairs, and onto her bed. Joe followed up, making sure he did what he meant to. He immediately left, having a new idea on the spell.
"OK, so... with more energy at the beginning of the affect tendrils, and some smoothed out along the rest of the tendril. OK! That should work!" Joe said. He reviewed the spell, making sure nothing was wrong. "OK! Seems legit!" Joe nodded. It was time to test it out. Joe scribbled a note, just in case something happened rendering him unable to comunicate with the ponies. It told what he did, who he was, and the reversal spell. He didn't want the "Magic turns some one into (insert thing here) and his magic using friends, like idiots, don't use a reversal spell for no reason- cliche."
"OK. All set. Time to go back to normal." Joe said. He focused on the spell, the bronze aura appeared on his horn. More glow appeared on Joe, an inch from his horn. He soon began to feel a familiar tingling. "Mom..." Joe muttered. "I'm coming home."