• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 714 Views, 8 Comments

Memories of Joe the Unicorn - Cool writer



It's not easy moving to a new town and school... It doesn't help that your not even the same species as your classmates.

  • ...
9
 8
 714

[8] The Haman-i-facation Spell

"AAAAAAAAH!!!!!" Lyra woke with a start to the sound of Bon bon screaming. Lyra ran down stairs. Lyra was standing in the hall, shaking more than the earth's crust dose during an earth quake.

"Bon bon! What's wrong?" Lyra walked to her friend.

"L-Lyra?" Bon bon stuttered. "Th-that's... not you!?!" Bon bon ran out of the front door, screaming with sheer, mortal terror, like she had seen Nightmare Moon herself. Lyra looked into the study, and saw what had terrified her room mate so much. It was a... strange monster. A some sort of pony human mash up. It had human feet, on pony legs! A pony torso, pony neck and hooves, and pony ears. All the pony parts were a red. But it also had a human's head and face (with a pony tongue sticking out), human arms and shoulders, and a human waist! It had covered the waist in a cloth for some reason. It's bronze eyes weren't pony, but not completely human ether. To top it off (quite literally): it had a red unicorn horn! But the eyes... she was continuously drawn back to the eyes. They were so familiar. It tried to say something, but the tong flopped around uselessly, because it was to big for the human mouth it was placed in. It reminded Lyra of the day a couple months back when Zecora came to town, Twilight and her friends went to investigate, and they woke up the next mourning cursed! Pinkie's curse was a tongue to big for her mouth, resulting in speech similar to this creature. It pointed a hoof at a note on the table. Lyra walked over to the note, and levitated it up to her face. The note read:

Dear Reader,
The creature you see before you, was formerly know as Joe the unicorn. This note was created in the contingency of this spell going wrong, or me not being able cominicate with any of you current Pony folk. The back of this note has a reversal spell so this can be undone. I will tap the note when I want to go back, or I will nod if you ask me. I hope you aren't to guilty about any possible wrong doing towards me, You (or they) didn't know. Your's truly:
Joe the Unicorn

"Joe?" Lyra asked. "Is that you?" The creature responded with a violent nodding of the head. "What happened to you?" Joe pointed to the chalk board with the spell diagram. "You cast the spell?" Lyra asked. Joe nodded. BAM! The front door slammed open.

"Allright! Where is it? Show your self!" Shouted the familiar voice of Rainbow Dash.

"The last time I saw it, it was in the study!" Bon bon's voice said nervously. In shot a rainbow blur, Rainbow dash. She tackled Joe before they could think. When Rainbow stopped moving, Lyra could see the gold necklace that was, the element of loyalty. Into the large room of the study, followed Twilight, A.J., Flutter Shy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie.

"Rainbow! Stop!" Flutter Shy said, pushing Rainbow off of Joe. "Don't hurt it! It could be Nice!"

"Well we came here with the elements to take this thing down! And that's what we're gonna do!" Rainbow said looking at the dazed Joe. Lyra was equally stunned.

"You still don't have to be mean!" Flutter Shy shouted. She turned to Joe, rapped her hoof around Joe, and began to stroke Joe's hair. "There there. We're sorry for Rainbow hurting you." Flutter Shy cooed in doggy talk.

"Ehs okeh!" Joe said with his big floppy tongue. He tugged away from here. "Coud yeh let geh?" He asked.

"Flutter Shy, could you so kindly translate varmint for us?" Apple Jack asked.

"That's just it. I can't under stand it." Flutter Shy responded.

"UUUUUUUUH!" Pinkie gasped in her over the top gasp. "OH My GOSH! I completely and totally understand!"

"Pinkie? You under stand that thing?" Twilight asked.

"Go on! Tell us what it said!" Rainbow said in her usual hot headed way.

"What? No! I don't understand what it's saying, but I know how it feels! It's tongue is to big for it's mouth! And the poor guy can't talk!" Pinkie said.

"Liwa! Liwa! Eh-plain!" Joe began to call out.

"A plain? A plain what?" Twilight asked.

"It certainly mustn't be talking about dresses! I would faint at such a thing as a plain dress!" Rarity said.

"UG!" Joe sighed exasperatedly. "LIWA!" Joe pointed at Lyra. "Te them whoo I om! Eh-plain!"

"OH! Tell them who I am! He want's me to explain!" Lyra said, face hoofing (the pony equivalent of face-palming).

"YE! FINAEH!" Joe said nodding his head. And so, Lyra explained the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

"It's a projection spell!" Lyra said. "I wanted to try it out, but the spell went wrong." Lyra lied through her teeth.


An hour later, Lyra had finally convinced the Mane 6 that it wasn't a monster, and had successfully hidden the note from view. She had also cast the reversal on Joe, making him completely a pony again, with out a hitch.

"What happened? Why didn't the spell work? You did double check the theory first, right?" She asked Joe.

"Yes, I did." Joe responded, dejected. "But, half way through the spell, My magic power began to fade, and the spell stopped. I did keep my horn at least."

"Fat lot of good that would do you. Humans don't have magic power, remember?" Lyra pointed out.

"How could I not?" Joe growled under his breath. "I though I could still use it, if I had a horn."

"And look how that turned out." Lyra said. "But... the spell only fizzled because it was drawing on your power, and it started fading." Lyra began to ponder.

"So, it stands to reason that if my power didn't fade, then the spell would have gone the whole way through!" Joe finished excitedly. "So it worked!"

"Yea, yea It did!" Lyra said, exited as well.

"We made a human transformation spell!!!" Both of them said, high-hoofing (high five-ing equivalent) and squealing, like a teenage Girl who was about to meet the latest pop star. The front door slammed shut, and an angry Bon-bon stomped into the room.

"What were you trying to 'project' any way!?!" Bon bon shouted at them. "Were you trying to project one of your humans?!? Or were you trying to get your little research partner?!? Because ether way, that's way to creepy!" She finished in a huff. The ponies on the receiving end of this rage glanced at each other out of the corner of their (wide) eyes.

Lyra dared to venture: "Are you o-" but was cut off by the angry Bon bon.

"No I am not OK!" She shrieked like a banshee (a screaming ghost for those that don't know) that just had it's foot (if it had feet) stepped on. "You probably scarred me! I need to see a psychiatrist after that freak show!"

"I'm really, really so-"

"If you do... anyting like this one more..."

"SHUT UP!" Joe interrupted Bon bon. "You haven't noticed, but Lyra has been trying to say 'I'm sorry' this whole time! But you keep interrupting her!!! Geez. I feel like freaking couples counselor." Joe finished in a huff. "Now kiss and make up."

"WHAT?!?!" Bon bon and Lyra shrieked.

"Hey, I may be a good freind of Bon bon's... but there is NO WAY i'm gonna kiss her!" Lyra said, about to magically kick Joe's plot.

"What?" Joe pondered what she said for a beife moment, befor he went pale. "NO NO NO NO!" He waved his hooves in front of him, as if dispersing a cloud of smoke. "That's not what I meant! It's an expression! That's all! Don't literally kiss. That's just weird."

Lyra and Bon bon looked at each other. "Oh." They said, giggling a bit after.


JOURNAL: Day 19 (evening)
I finished and tested the spell seance my last entry! The results were.... mixed.... The spell changed me half way back to human. But half of me was still pony. It wasn't the most comfortable of positions to be in. I also may have scared a mare for life. I was also almost "rainbowed" into oblivion by my own moth

mentor! I'm beginning to feel closer to Twilight. I think I'm going to take a brake from the anthropology stuff for a while. Mo Twilight is pestering me to hang out with fillies and colts my own age. Like the crusaders. Man I'm tiered. I hope Luna doesn't come into my dreams like she did earlier. Speaking of Luna, she entered my Dream when I napped earlier. She helped me. I miss my mom and dad. I felt better after words. But... When she entered, I could feel her. I could feel her. I sensed her loneliness. It was horrible. But there was happiness too. I hope some good is happening to her. That's all for this entry. Night.