• Published 3rd Dec 2014
  • 714 Views, 8 Comments

Memories of Joe the Unicorn - Cool writer



It's not easy moving to a new town and school... It doesn't help that your not even the same species as your classmates.

  • ...
9
 8
 714

[4] Books

Author's Note:

Ok, this one is going to be a little longer than others. There isn't any good spot to cut off. Sorry. Also if you thought there would be one journal entry a chapter: you're sorta right. There will be minimum of one entry a chapter. It is more part of the plot then a friendship letter sort of thing. I'm not gonna say "plot devise" because that sounds too negative. But anyway, let's get on with it!

“Well, I guess this is goodbye...”

“I guess it is.” It was time for Joe to take his new home in Ponyville. They were both a little sad at his departure.

“Does he have to go?” asked Sundrop to Celestia.

"Yes," was her reply. "Good luck Joe!" she said as Joe boarded the carriage to Ponyville.

"Bye Joe!" called Sundrop, flying after him. But the carriage was far too fast for her to keep up. Soon the carriage was out of sight.


After a 30 minute flight, the carriage arrived on the outskirts of the town.

“Thanks,” said Joe, sadly, to the pegasi who were flying the carriage. They neighed in response, then flew off. He realized that he had landed right next to the library. He knocked on the door to the tree. It slowly creaked open. He entered. It was dark inside.

“Hello? Is anypony there?” Joe asked into the dark library. He could barely see. The door closed behind him.

“SURPRISE!” The lights flicked on, and in that instant tons of ponies jumped out and yelled at him. Startled, Joe’s front hooves jumped off the ground.

“WELCOME TO PONYVILLE!” cried a pony with a hot pink coat, a darker pink poofy mane and tail, and balloons for her cutimark. “I’m Pinkie Pie! I sense you're going to be living here and all, I think you must have been lonely. So now you have lots and lots of friends!” Cried The Pink Pony.

“Thank you. I havent had a surprise party before. Thank you.” Joe said.

“Ah so you must be “Joe”.” Joe turned to see a purple pony with dark purple mane with streaks of dark pink running threw it. from her mane came a horn. on her sides winges. Her cutie mark was a bunch of sparkles.

“Hello.” said Joe.

“Hello. I’m Twilight Sparkle. You’l be staying here in the library with me.” She said.

“Great. I love to read. It’s one of my favorite hobbies.” ‘My other hobbies i don't think i can do any more’. Joe thought.

“Another egg head like you Twilight.” Came another voice from behind. He turned again to see a pegasus that was bright blue and had rainbow tail and mane. She had a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt coming from it for her cutie mark.

“Rainbow. Reading does not make you an egg head.” Twilight said to the pegasus.

“And also,” Said another voice in a country accent. “Remember: Daring Doo.” Said a bright orange pony with a blond mane and tail (with a braid) with apples as her cutie mark. The orange one and Twilight laughed.

"Welcome to Ponyville Joe. I'm Apple Jack!" She said in an inviting tone extending her left hoof. Joe accepted and shook it. They partied until sunset. Before the party ended Joe was introduced to a unicorn named Rarity. She was white and had a similar color mane to Twilight's. He also met a shy pegasus named Fluttershy. She had a yellow coat and pink tail and mane. Over all she was really polite and really timid. But once she knew you she was very talkative (but not too much). Apparently they have some form of magic weapons. They were necklaces except for Twilight’s. Hers was a crown. When the party was over and everyone left. Pinkie Pie opened a bag and it was like the party never happened.

“Wooow.” Said Joe.

“That’s how i clean up my parties. Well bye!” Said Pinkie Pie bouncing out the door.

“(Yawn)” Twilight yawned. “Well it’s time to go to bed Joe. Joe. That’s a funny name.”

“It’s really common where I come from.” Said Joe.

“Where do you come from?” asked Twilight.

‘She doesn't know?’ Joe thought to himself.

“I’m from... A-MARE-ica.” Said Joe putting infacince on MARE. “It’s a new colony.” Lied Joe.

“Oh. So THAT’S why i've never heard of it.” Replied Twilight. “Let’s bring out the extra bed.” Said Twilight running up the stairs.

“Twilight! I’m back!” Said a small slightly shrill male voice coming from the door. Joe turned to see a small dragon standing in the doorway. The dragon was a purplish pink with green spines running from the top of his head down his back and to his tail.

“DRAGON!” Cried Joe running up the stairs. “Twilight! Twilight! There's a DRAGON!” The little dragon walked up the stairs.

“Oh him? He’s my assistant: Spike.” Said Twilight as calm as could be.

“WOW ! You have a pet dragon?!? THAT IS SO COOL!” said Joe. “Is there a spell that controls dragon mindes? or do you have him trapped in some sort of scroll? Or does he owe you some eternal debt?” Joe asked. Spike (a little bit annoyed) replied to this:

“Actually she is my friend. I’ve been her assistant my entire life!” Said Spike a little proud of himself.

“Sooo you were born a slave?” Joked Joe.

“NO!” Said Spike his cheeks turning red. “I. Do it. Because. She. Is. My. FRIEND!” Cried Spike.

“I know. I was joking with you.” Said Joe. The three inhabitants of the tree laughed a bit. Joe turned to see a queen size bed across the room from a another queen size bed. There was also a dog bed on the floor.

“Night.” said Twilight turning off the light.

“Night!” the other boys said getting in there beds. Joe closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.
In his dreams he dreamed of his home, his family, his friends, his old life. They were all a balloon. In his dream he was walking as a human kid holding the red balloon containing his old life. He walked and tripped into a river. His old life balloon floated off when he lost his grip. He drifted down the river. He then found a blue balloon with the picture of his new body on it. he grabbed it and woke up as he did so.


It was pitch black. Joe sat up. He looked around. He could not see. He felt his hands in a fist he tried to unclench them. Then he realised that his hands where hooves like they where before he went to sleep. He was a pony now. And he would never see his family again. As he realised this, he felt a tear well up in his eye. He got out of bed and walked onto the balcony. He looked at the full moon and almost heard his mom crying out his name. He knew this was in his head. He felt a tear run down his new pony face. It fell off and hit the floor.
Spike sat on the other side of the cracked door. looking out at Joe. He saw a glimmer fall from his face. It was a tear. Spike thought to come out and ask what was wrong? So he did.

“Hey Joe. What’s wrong?” asked Spike. Joe turned around. Spike could see that he had been crying.

“It’s just that i’ll never see my family again.”

“Why?”

“You’d never believe me.” Joe said a little sad.

“I’m sure i would.” said Spike.

“I’m positive you wouldn't.” Joe responded

“Try me.” Spike said a little proudly. Joe looked down away from spike. “Alright, you don’t have to tell me. But have you ever seen your friends all become the exact opposite of themselves? Seen your friends shrink, change voice, have their horn flop over, hair grow huge, tongue too big for her mouth, or lose all ability to move without falling over? Or have you been transported to another world completely different from your own and turned into something you're normally not?” Spike asked.

“Actually, yes to the last one.” Joe replied. “Wait… can you tell me the story?” Joe asked with a small sliver of hope growing inside him.

“Only when you tell me why you’ll never see your family again.” said Spike. “But not tonight though,” Spike yawned. “We should go to sleep.” Spike then walked back inside. Joe looked up at the moon.

“I’m gonna come home mom.” He said as though she could hear him.


JOURNAL ENTRY: Day 5, Monday
To day i moved to ponyville. It was sad moving from canterlot away from Sundrop as she is my only friend here. But Ponyville is only temporary. I’m staying with Princess Twilight Sparkle, and her assistant Spike. I have also met her friends. They all seem very nice. Pinkie Pie even threw me my first surprise party! At least half the ponies of ponyville came. But not many fillies my age came. and the ones that did come only talked to themselves. But it wasn’t all bad. We played party games very similar to the ones we had it human partys. Spike told me that he “went to another world and became something he’s normally not.” THis may mean i can go home. BUt i’ll have to get the story out of him some how. BUt I will, and if i can i’ll go home.