• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 1,540 Views, 43 Comments

Mares in Black - MrAquino



Lyra discovers there's a secret organization that protects Equestria: The Mares in Black (M.I.B. for short)

  • ...
11
 43
 1,540

The Truth.

It took Derpy a couple of hours, nearly coming home just when night started. She walked in and saw both her husband and daughter having spaghetti, fresh from cooking. A third plate was made for her, then heard her own stomach growling: she hadn't eaten anything all day today with the exception of drinking coffee.

"Honey!!!" Time Turner shouted with glee "Where have you ben all day? Come in, we got spaghetti ready!" She nearly sprinted her way to the table, picked up her fork next to her plate, and choked down the food.

"Mommy," Dinky squeaked. Derpy froze and stared at her daughter, having sauce all over her muzzle. Her daughter looked into her eyes, seeing them blood shot with some fear in it. "is there something wrong? Did something bad happen?" Derpy swallowed, picked up a napkin, and began to clean her face.

"...Yes Dinky, something bad did happen."

"WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?!?"

"It's... nothing you want to hear. I have to talk to your father about it."

"What happened?" Time turner asked, having concern in his tone.

"Dinky, finish your plate, brush your teeth, and head to bed. You have school tomorrow, right?"

"Yes mommy." Dinky replied. She finished her plate and soon left the couple to the upstairs rooms. Derpy turned to her husband and took a deep breath.

"What is the T.A.R.D.I.S.?" Time turner froze a bit, giving a questionable look to his wife, then chuckled.

"Honey," he replied "it's a code for 'Turning All Ridiculous Dimes Into Stores'. Its a weird thing we do where we collect dimes and-"

"Who's Megatron?" Her husband froze and gave another questionable looked, followed by a nervous chuckle.

"Megatron? Never heard of that name before! You must have great-"

"Who are the Decepticons?"

"Uh... look... this is all great, but-"

"DON'T PLAY STUPID WITH ME!!!" Time Turner jumped and backed up a bit, seeing his wife truly meant something was wrong. "You're with those ponies in suits, aren't you!?!?!? I saw what those two did!!! I spied on them last night and I saw... THINGS... that nopony should've seen!!! They shot down a metal jaguar early, popping out of a GIANT ROBOT that was disguised as a small device this morning!!! I followed those two in a STUPID CACTUS COSTUME!!! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT!!! There's at least a small army of those ponies!!! ALL EQUIPPED WITH WEAPONS MORE ADVANCED THAT THE CANTERLOT GUARDS!!! AND PRINCESS LUNA IS THEIR LEADER!!! THEY TOOK ON AN ARMY OF GIANT ROBOTS!!! They even took a... picture of me through a weird device and made an obvious ale lie about something I DIDN'T DO!!! I'm not going to ask again: What. Is. The. T.A.R.D.I.S.?" Time turner looked at her wife, seeing her nearly pop all her veins with her eyes, though separated, catching fire!!! He got up and placed his hoof over her shoulder.

"Derpy, please, I am not with those ponies, but I help them every now and then. They are the Mares In Black: They're an underground group of ponies that work hard to protect Equestria from all sorts of inter-dimensional creatures that may wish to attack and take over everypony. They're mean to be a secret because, unlike Princess Celestia, who tells everypony what's happening, Princess Luna was the founder, and is still the leader, who will do anything to protect it's citizens from harm. I myself, am not a pony, but an alien, or 'Intern' as they say."

"...How? You look so-" Before she could finish, Time turner placed his wife's head on his chest. She carefully heard the beating of, not just one heart, but two!!!

"You see, I have two hearts, not one like any other pony, that's why I never went to the hospital. I'm much older than Princess Celestia herself, and this is only one of my thirteen forms."

"Which... form is this?"

"My tenth. I have the memories of my past forms, but with me... I don't want to die. I love you, our daughter, this home, everything!!! That, I can not lie about. As for the T.A.R.D.I.S.? Come." Time Turner released Derpy's head and walked out the front door. Derpy followed her husband. It took them a few minutes, but they traveled to the outskirts of the Everfree forest, something that made her think that this should've been saved for the morning. They approached a large boulder. Derpy was confused, but her husband reached over, touch the boulder, and yanked something off!!! It was a cover, and under it was a blue, rectangular shaped cube with two doors.

"This is the T.A.R.D.I.S." Time turner simply said, opening the door. "Come inside."

"But it's small." Derpy replied

"Don't judge a book by it's cover, as they say." Derpy cautiously looked around, then opened the door. She expected to be in a tight area, probably with her husband to kiss each other, but instead, she found herself in a large and bright area!!! It was huge!!!

"It's bigger on the inside!!!"

"OH BOY!!! I haven't heard that in a while!!!"

"What... does it do?"

"She."

"She?"

"The T.A.R.D.I.S. is living thing, and, from a weird adventure, she's a woman and, to help you out, she's like a cat: you gotta be with her for a while before you can gain her trust!"

"Does... it speak?"

"In this? Not really, only for security reasons, but I can feel her. Say sexy, want to bring my wife and I to a beautiful area?"

"SEXY!?!?!?"

"SHH... she like's it that way." the doctor ran to the controls in the middle and started to pull some levers & nods around "Alright... increasing oxygen levels, setting coordinates, and now... hold on."

"Hold on?" A large bump was made, tossing Derpy to be with her husband, both holding on to the console

"ALLONS-Y!!!" In a matter of moment, the ship stopped rocking and went natural.

"What... just happened?"

"Take a look outside, you'll see." Derpy wasn't quite sure about this, but she followed what her husband said. She opened the entrance but, without taking any set forward, she gasped at what was ahead: They were in space, more specifically, they were on the moon!!! She took a step forward, feeling the low gravity, and looked to see both the moon and Equestria, slowly moving.

"W-w-we're-"

"On the moon!" She turned and saw her husband getting inside a ridicules white outfit with a helmet over his head.

"What are you-?"

"I like to pretend I was with Neil Armstrong when he landed on the moon."

"...Neil Armstrong?"

"Did I say 'pretend'? I meant re-experience."

"Is... this what you do?"

"Did. I... sorta retired."

"Sorta retired? What made you retire?" Time turned placed both of his hooves on her shoulders

"When I meet you." Derpy's eyes grew to the size of dinner plates: her husband was an alien that traveled constantly and retired from his adventure because of her!?!?!? It actually felt... romantic. She removed her husband's helmet, tossing it away, grabbed the back of Time Turner's head, and locked her lips with his. He didn't even fight back, he just went with the flow, both ignoring Equestria slowly parting, revealing much more of the sun. they both pooped their lips off one another, looking into each other's eyes.

"Honey?"

"Yes?"

"Is it... alright if I can go on one of your crazy adventures?" Time Turner froze and gave wide eyes, showing fear.

"Are you... sure? I mean, they're dangerous, anything can go wrong, you can be-"

"If anything happens to me, I'll be glad to just be with you! Take care of our daughter when something does happen."

"...Alright! LET'S GO!!!"

"Allons-y!!!" They both ran back inside the T.A.R.D.I.S.. Time Turner jumped to the controls and began to insert random coordinates, not even thinking what will happen next. Instead of rapidly turning, a low humming was heard, and it was only for a couple of seconds.

"Did it work?" Derpy asked

"It did," Time Turner responded "Let's see where we are." Derpy opened the door and peeked outside, but was greeted by a single, blue light.

"Exterminate!!!"