• Published 6th Dec 2014
  • 1,540 Views, 43 Comments

Mares in Black - MrAquino



Lyra discovers there's a secret organization that protects Equestria: The Mares in Black (M.I.B. for short)

  • ...
11
 43
 1,540

The Covenant

Derpy:

The morning sun hit both the parents eyes. They got up and knew, this was the day. Dinky passed by them as usual, but also had a leash for a weird reason.

"Uh... Dinky?" Derpy asked "what's that?"

"This?" Dinky responded "I wanted to make myself a pet, and I think I did! Come along, K-9!!!" Some robotic barking heard, and a robot dog came along, walking next to Dinky.

"Aw," time Turner said with a tear "that's... adorable."

"Honey." Derpy spoke, shrugging her husband's shoulder.

"Oh! Dinky?"

"Yes?" She asked the robot 'licked' her face.

"Listen... there's... something we need to tell you."

"What is it?"

"About yesterday," Derpy said, now wanting to but doing it anyways "well... it's about time you learned the truth."

"Truth? AM I ADOPTED!?!?!?"

"NO!!!" both yelled

"Actually," Time Turner said, getting up from the bed, pulling out the stethoscope and placing it over her daughter's ears. "go and listen."

"...What do you mean?" Dinky asked

"Place it on my chest and listen." Dinky gave a questionable look. She took the end of the Stethoscope and placed it over her father's chest area, right where most hearts were at. Her father took a deep breath ad held it. She heard the beating of a heart going in a steady pace.

"Nothing seems wrong."

"Move it over to the side." Derpy said, walking over to her daughter's side. Dinky followed but gasped at what she heard: another heart, beating at a different but still steady pace. She looked at her father, who looked down at her and gave a warm smile. He released his breath, took off the stethoscope off of Dinky's head, and gave her a warm hug.

"Is this a Recessive gene in our family?"

"Oh no!" Her father exclaimed "This is a Dominant Gene to us! You and me, that is."

"What do you mean?"

"We'll talk about it after school," Derpy said "sound good?"

"But I wanna know now!!!"

"You will," Time Turner said "Patience is the key to knowledge. Now go on, I'll take care of K-9 for you, okay?"

"... ok." Her head hung low as she walked out the door to school

"I hope this goes well." Derpy said

"She took it rather pretty well." Time Turner added. He turned to her daughter's K-9 that she made "Hmm... with some upgrades, you can be as good as my K-9."

Lyra and Bon Bon:

Bon Bon opened the Door to her room. Lyra immediately got up and put on her sunglasses.

"I'm ready." Lyra simply said

"Good." Bon Bon replied

"What's up?"

"The boys looked through the rubble and found weaponry that doesn't belong to Darth Vader's army. We only know one army that has that."

"Alright, tell me which species this is."

"It's... not exactly one species."

"...Really?"

"Yeah... it's an army filled with OTHER species."

"Oh... tell me after I get dressed."

"Gotcha." Bon Bon left and Lyra put on her suit.

A few hours later: M.I.B. base:

Bon Bon and Lyra walked into Luna's office, who was desperately searching for Tiberius.

"TIBERIUS!?!?!?" Luna yelled "TIBERIUS!?!?!? WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?"

"Luna," Bon Bon spoke "care to tell us what the boys found?"

"Not now!!! Tiberius!!! Come out boy!!!" Lyra looked and found Tiberius' tail sticking from under the desk. She lowered her head, grabbed onto it's tail as lightly as possible.

"Is this him?" Lyra asked

"TIBY!!!" she grabbed the possum with her forelegs and hugged the possum "Don't you ever leave me again!!!"

"The news?" Bon Bon continued

"Oh, right. Well, the boys found some weapons that clearly weren't made by the Galactic Empire, but this was made by another army called "The Covenant"

"What is exactly 'The Covenant'?"

"It's a theocratic hegemony made up of multiple alien species that maintained control over a large portion of the Orion Arm in the Milky Way galaxy. The Covenant was a political, military, and religious affiliation, originally a mutual alliance between the San 'Shyuum and Sangheili following a brutal conflict between the two warring races. Its expansion to include at least six other races united in the worship of the Forerunners and the Halo Array soon began after the original formation. They wage a genocidal campaign against humanity, until they were formally defeated due to many factors - the most crucial of which was an internal conflict. Whilst the Covenant's main leadership was either lost during the Flood infestation of High Charity or during the Battle of Installation 00, the Covenant continues to exist even after the conclusion of the war. A splinter faction of Sangheili loyalists remains known as the Covenant Remnant; this terrorist group is deemed hostile to Humanity, breaking the truce formed at the end of the initial war with the Covenant. They have been seen to field large numbers of warships, but their true power, and indeed the number of Covenant involved with their activities, is unknown."

"What makes them up?"

"Grunts, Jackals, Brutes, Elites, Hunters, and Prophets. Grunts are the weakest and most in numbers; Jackals act as snipers and usually use shields; Brutes and Elites are among the most recognizable, though Brutes are more barbaric while Elites are more tactical; Hunters are the most dangerous which having the most armor and firing huge plasma blasts; Prophets lead them all."

"That's all we need to know."

"Not really. Stay, we got something else."

"New Weapons!?!?!?"

"No." Bon Bon replied "Something else."

"Right!" Luna replied "It's POWER ARMOR!!!"

"What does that do?" Lyra asked

"It makes you stronger, a bit faster, jump higher, and gives you a shield."

"Oh... cool! How are we going to get there? Where are they at?"

"Some of our boys have found the prophets on the moon in the last hour. No need to fly, though, we got something else in mind."

"...What is that?"

"You're going to love this!" Bon Bon exclaimed

"You will," Luna added "but put on your power armor in that room! No need to put it on, the machines will do it for you." Lyra shrugged and went into a nearby room that felt more like a closet... or at least until the room started to move, strapping her hooves into place, and mechanical arms observing her body. She looked and saw Bon Bon was next to her, getting the same treatment. She felt, all around her, the armor, which was black with some white on it, being placed all around her legs, flank area, chest, the neck, and finally, her head, which was just a helmet with orange visors, just like the color of her eyes. Bon Bon had the same armor, but with blue visors instead. They came out of their area and Luna quickly took a picture of the two!

"Ahh!" she said, looking at only white "You can tell that it's bright when the camera picture is only white."

"What about going to the moon?" Lyra asked, a but surprised at how she can move so freely.

"Well, step onto that platform and watch." the two stepped on two circle areas. A glass cylinder came around them, trapping them inside. "Beam 'em up, Scotty."

"MY NAME'S JIM!!!" A voice replied. A whirring of light came around them, and, in a couple of seconds, they found themselves on the moon!!! Lyra looked up and saw Equestria, being thousands of miles away from them!!!

"Come on," Bon Bon said, taking out her rifle strapped onto her power armor's back. "let's get those prophets." She ran ahead. Lyra took out her rifle and followed Bon Bon, seeing how much faster she went.

Derpy:

Dinky rushed inside the home, panting heavily, but having a large grin across her face!!! Her parents looked at her, not really sure if they should continue with it.

"Come on!!!" Dinky spoke "Daddy! What makes us special!?!?!?" Time Turner took a deep swallow and stood next to her Daughter.

"Would you believe it," he spoke "if I told you that you and I were aliens?"

"...Aliens? I don't follow."

"You see," Derpy spoke "I found this out, two or three days ago, but your father was originally an alien that traveled across the galaxy in a weird device called "The T.A.R.D.I.S.""

"... I don't get it."

"How about this," time Turner spoke, placing a gentle hoof on her head "I show you."

"Show me?"

"Come." Derpy and Dinky followed Time Turner. The night covered their look, and the three approached a huge boulder.

"A... boulder? Really?"

"Ah ha! Don't judge a book by it's cover." He grabbed the 'boulder' and took it off, revealing that it was a cover. Dinky gasped at the sight: a Blue, average size box that she saw in her dream. "TA-DA!!!"

"...Is it bigger inside?"

"It actually is." Derpy answered. Time turner opened the door and they all entered the T.A.R.D.I.S. together. Dinky was jumping around, happily running around the area, admiring all of the unimportant things inside it. She ran back to her parents, who stood near the controls and watched with a smile on their face.

"This is amazing!!!"

"I'm glad you like it." Time Turner responded "And also, remember what you made?"

"Which one?"

"Oh... right, well..." he extend his hoof into his mouth and released a whistle. Mechanized barking was heard, and a robot dog, very similar to Dinky's came in!!! It came to Dinky's face, released it's 'tongue' and began to lick her face. She released a squeal with delight in it, trying to push the Doctor's K-9 away. The K-9 backed up and 'panted', waiting for a new order

"And the other thing?"

"Well, here it is!" He took out his own Sonic Screwdriver. She used her magic and lifted it to her face, carefully looking at it. she then took hers out in her pocket: his was a bit longer, but they looked practically the same. She looked up to her father.

"What are we?"

"Well... you and I are Time-Lords."

"Time-Lords?"

"Yes. We're the most intelligent species in the known universes, traveling through time & space to make sure things are in balance, living thousands of years, and, as an added bonus, we don't truly die, but we are reborn into another form."

"Another form?"

"I don't get it either," Derpy said "But he says that Time-lords only have thirteen lives, each with their own personality, and that his is his tenth."

"TENTH!?!?!?"

"Don't worry," Time Turner responded "I'm not going to die in this! In fact, I promise I won't die at all!!! Never again!!!"

"But... what about me?" Derpy asked. He stopped his pride and looked at his wife: unlike him, she would die of natural causes, and, in this case, time is not with her at all. Dinky may be able to surpass her, but then, they would both be without his wife and her mother.

"I... don't... know."

"Daddy!!!" Dinky yelled "We have to find a way to help her!!!"

"I... wish I could. There's no way we can do it unless we're with the other Time-lords, but-"

"BUT WHAT!?!?!? Come on Daddy!!! She must be like us!!!" Time turner swallowed hard. Derpy nodded at him: if she were to die, then she would at least be happy with her husband and daughter next to her. He knelt down to his daughter.

"Dinky, I'm sorry, but our kind... we're a near extinct species." She looked at her father with a surpassed and confused look.

"E-e-exticnt? What do you mean!?!?!?! I thought you said we-"

"That was all in the past. A war caused all of our kind to become extinct. I, myself, am the last of my kind, and, when I lose my lat three lives, you, Dinky, will be the last of the Time-Lords." She started to back up from her parents: She can accept the fact that she was an alien, like her father, but finding out she will soon be the last of her kind, her world was now upside down.

"No! This isn't true!!! There has to be survivors!!!"

"Dinky," Derpy spoke "calm down. I know this is a lot to handle, but listen to your father! He's been at this longer than I have thought!!!"

"NO!!! MOMMY!!! YOU CAN'T DIE!!! YOU CAN'T!!!"

"Look mommy's not going to die now. I will grow up, help you out, perhaps, even see you have Time-Lords when you grow up."

"BUT YOU CAN'T DIE!!! YOU CAN'T!!!"

"Calm down," her father ordered "when she does pass, I will still be here for you, and I will teach you how to-"

"NO!!!" She opened the door and ran away, leaving a trail of tears.

"DINKY!!!" The couple yelled. They ran outside and saw her disappear into the Everfree forest.

"COME BACK!!!" Derpy yelled with sadness and anger

"Honey!" Time Turner turned "listen, we-"

"NO!!! YOU DID THIS!!! You put all that pressure on her!!! She was doing so fine, then YOU TOLD HER EVERYTHING!!! WHY COULDN'T YOU KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!" A waterfall of tears began to fall from her eyes. She started to cry deeply, not knowing if her daughter was safe or not. Time turner placed a reassuring tap on her head.

"Look, I'm sorry. I... thought she could handle it. It was foolish of me to tell her everything, but we need to find her! I... just hope she hasn't lost her first life... yet."

Lyra and Bon Bon:

They crept near an edge of a crater and saw a couple of aliens, all wearing suits, in space. They were around a large, dome like building, probably a lost M.I.B. building.

"That's our target." Bon Bon said

"What's our plan of attack?" Lyra asked

"Only one: attack!!!" the aliens turned to her scream and began to fire

"Sounds good to me!!!" The two jumped over the edge and fired back at the aliens, seeing many of the grunts and jackals falling like dominoes. Some elites stayed behind cover while the brutes charged at them, firing small explosives at them while one with heavy armor charged at them with a huge hammer. The two, without saying anything, concentrated their fire at the hammer carrying brute!!! It took a while, with him knocking them down with a slam from the hammer and the two dodging his attack, but he fell to the floor, most likely dead. Some of the brutes saw this and ran away, while other fought. They were easier to defeat, taking less shots, but dodged their bullets made it a bit longer than needed. The elites fired at them, and, they were much smarter than the brutes, they too fell under the two's weaponry & skills. They ran inside the building and began to deal with the less protected interior. They ran into a large room and, standing in between the large door, most likely to the prophet's room, were two hunters, both growling at the two agents. They looked at each other and nodded: They would both take care of their own Hunter. Despite being heavily armored and fitted with a large canon, the Hunters were slow with their attacks, swinging at the their target, who used their suit as a way to get around them. They both fell easily, as the mares shot them in their back: an exposed, orange area that was a part of them, served as their main weakness. They both opened the door and saw three prophets, in their chairs, watched them in horror as they strolled in, wiping off the blood on their power armor.

"Alrighty then," Lyra spoke "We'll make this easy: surrender yourselves and, perhaps, you can live behind bars."

"But remember," Bon Bon added "We're ready, just in case."

"You fools!!!" the middle spoke to his two others "DEAL WITH THEM!!!" The two prophets flew to them and began to yellow beams at them. Again, the two separated and attacked their own Prophet, almost choreographically, jumped onto the side of their target's floating chair, held on to one hoof, and, while using the other, punched their target in the face multiple times until they crashed into the floor, causing a small explosion. The middle began to back up, cowering in fear. The two ponies took off the helmets and held their guns to his face.

"Any last words?" they both asked together

"I SURRENDER!!!" That was all they needed. Bon Bon fired a portal into the wall and Lyra kicked the prophet inside, making the portal close. The same yellow beams surrounded them, and they found themselves back at H.Q.

"Excellent work!" Luna exclaimed "You two have formed quite the partnership."

"Really?" Bon Bon replied, blushing a bit "It... was nothing."

"Don't be embarrassed!" Lyra shrugged her friend

"Yes," Luna added "I'm gonna need to take those suits off, though, but, have the day off. I hope there's nothing else planned for this."

"Yes Ma'am!!!" They both replied together.

Derpy:

Derpy, along with a few other pegasi, flew above the forest with flashlights, tied to helmets on their head, looked around for Ditzy. time Turner, along with some stallion friends he and his wife made, looked for their daughter on the ground. Dinky herself, found herself lying next to a tree, weeping to herself on how her mother will die, her father will soon pass his lives, and how she will be the last of her kind. A rustle in the bushes caused her to gasp, and a silhouette of a figure came out: it looked very much like her father

"Dinky!?!?!?" it spoke "Dinky!!! Come here!!!

"Daddy?" she replied

"Yes! Daddy's here!!! Please, come!!! I'm sorry for what I said!!! Look, there's another Time-Lord I know: he's a good friend and a great leader!!!"

"...Really?"

"Yes!!! Please! We can meet him! Tomorrow in the morning!!! I promise!!!" Dinky got up and cautiously went to her father.

"What... is his name?" The figure's head came out of the shadows: it looked liked his father, but he was grey, had a black mane that looked more dirtier that her father's, and, to top it off, wings came from behind, revealing he was a pegasus!!!

"THE VALEYARD!!!" She let out a scream, and the pony grabbed her, choking the filly a bit before she passed out.

Time Turner heard her daughter screaming in the distance!!!

"DINKY!!!" he yelled. In the sky, Derpy heard her daughter scream as well!!!

"DINKY!!!" She screamed. Both parents ran to the source of her screaming, which was becoming weaker by the second!!! They ran into an open area, but saw nothing. She was gone.

"Dinky!!!" Derpy yelled "Where are you!?!?!?"

"Hold on," Time Turner spoke "LOOK!!!" He noticed hoof tracks, as big as his, walking away from the area.

"Oh no!!!"

"This just got worse. Come on!!! We can catch whoever's doing this!!!" They followed the hoof tracks, left behind by their daughter. the darkness of the forest made it hard to see, but, in a few minutes, they came out of the forest, seeing a figure walk into the T.A.R.D.I.S..

"HEY!!!" Time turner yelled, running towards the T.A.R.D.I.S. "YOU!!! WHERE'S MY DAUGHTER!!! WHO ARE YOU!?!?!?" He looked into the door and stopped, looking at the figure who kidnapped his daughter!!!

"Who do you think!?!?!?" He replied, releasing a cackle and shutting the door, locking it!!! Inside, Time Turner could hear her daughter screaming, begging for help!!! Derpy came and slammed onto the door!!!

"OPEN THIS UP!!!" She demanded "GIVE ME BACK MY DAUGHTER!!!" A whirring sound came and the T.A.R.D.I.S. began to disappear and reappear a couple of times, before it was completely gone. Derpy turned and slapped her husband across the face!!! "WHO WAS HE!?!?!? ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR 'FRIENDS'!?!?!?"

"No." Time Turner responded with wide eyes & small pupils "That WAS me!!!"