• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 1,904 Views, 106 Comments

A Faithful Night of Music - ColeTrain4EVER



The story of a faithful night that led to the friendship of a man, a DJ, a very high class woman

  • ...
3
 106
 1,904

Chapter 8

I took a sip of the drink and placed it back on the counter. The bar had become quiet, as the small group of people had gathered around quietly listening to my story. The TV and been turned off or muted, I didn’t know and I wasn’t going to turn around for that. I took another sip of my drink and placed the empty glass upside in front of me.

“So, let me get this straight,” a voice behind me remarked; “You met two incredible hot girls and on your first date you end up in the hospital?”

I turned around for that and saw it was one of the sport fans from before. He had made his way over to the bar, pulled a chair from one of the tables and sat down behind me with his friend. His breath had booze on it, not a lot, but it was noticeable.

“Yeah,” I answered; “What of it?”

“That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever heard!” He busted out laughing and fell to the floor.

His friend looked at him with disappointment.

“Christ Rick, can’t you stay sober long enough so we can hear more of this guys story?” He asked.

The drunken man, Rick, climbed back into the chair.

“Ok, *giggle* ok, I’m good”

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the bar.

“So,” the red haired woman began; “You were the guy who was hurt in that fire.”

I turned to her in shock. “You know about the fire.”

She nodded, “I used to live about 10 blocks from that place. I heard about that fire and some guy getting hurt when he was trying to save his stuff.” She looked me in the eyes, “Made me realize how people can do stupid things to try and save objects they hold near and dear.”

“Uh, was that a compliment of an insult?”

“Take it whichever way you like.” The red haired woman giggled as she took a sip from her wine.

“Hey lady, don’t get cute with this guy,” ‘Rick’ joked from behind us; “Or else he might end up in the ER!” He busted out laughing again, as all the other patrons just looked at him annoyed. He found himself alone in his laughter and soon quieted down.

“Christ man.” The other man commented as he put a hand to his face and shook it.. I had just noticed now he was a large fellow. Not too big, big, but big. ‘Rick’ on the other hand was skinny and fit, handsome too. Only problem with the guy was his attitude while he was drunk.

“Uh huh, anyway.” I turned back to the bar and looked at the bartender.

“So, what happened next?” The bartender asked, obviously intrigued by the story.

“Well, my drinks empty,” I pointed to the glass; “and if I recall I said I would need a lot to get through the story. So, can I get a refill?”

“Sure thing,” He replied, taking my glass and grabbing a bottle off the wall behind him.

“Can I get another Coors too?” Gabe asked, he had been unusually silent throughout the whole thing.

“Sure, just let me take care of this guy first.” The bartender replied. Gabe nodded and quietly waited for his drink.

“This might take awhile,” I thought; “might as well try and kill some time.”

“So,” I began as I turned the stool around to face the people; “I never actually got all of your names before I started.”

“Well,” The large man began; ‘I’m Dave and this drunken mess is my friend Rick.”

“I’m Nicole, but you can call me Berry Punch.” The Red haired woman answered as my face turned quizzical.

“Berry Pun-?”

“It’s a college nickname that stuck. I’ve kinda grown to like it.”

“Ahh, I see. Well, you all know who I am, and this is my pal Gabe.”

“Hey.” Gabe answered as he waited for his drink.

“What about you?” I asked to the bartender as he was finishing my drink.

“Names Mick,” he answered; “and before you ask, I know Vinyl from her youth. She was a waitress here at one point. She’s always been kind to me, never forgetting where she came from.”

“Really, so this is the bar she worked at? She told me stories about this place.”

“What Stories?” asked Mick.

“Oh nothing.” I flashed a sly grin as he handed me my drink. I took a sip and tried to recollect my thoughts.

“Now where was-Oh yes, after the collapse.”


Author's Notes: A little short, but I found it necessary. Once again, list if there's any mistakes. Thanks guys who are liking this story.