• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 1,904 Views, 106 Comments

A Faithful Night of Music - ColeTrain4EVER



The story of a faithful night that led to the friendship of a man, a DJ, a very high class woman

  • ...
3
 106
 1,904

Chapter 11

I was released in the next few days, after some medication and tests. Nurse Redheart suggested to the doctors that they keep me for a few more days for some more tests, but they told her that they could not keep me in the hospital if there was nothing wrong with me and that they could use the room for someone else. But Redheart still was unconvinced, so she gave me a phone number to contact her at if I needed any help what so ever. I made a joke about how I was the one who should be asking for her number, to which she giggled and winked jokingly at me.

Vinyl told Octavia of her plan to let me stay in their apartment until I got back on my feet. Octavia was…less than enthusiastic, sharing my concerns about how they could have just put me in a hotel. But, Vinyl won her over, stating that they did owe me and how she knows that Octavia liked me. I really didn’t feel like fighting the situation any more. I was homeless, had nowhere to go, and two very talented and pretty women were offering me a place to stay. I was out of options, and the one I had didn’t really seem that bad.


I left the hospital holding a suitcase full of clothes that Nick had given me. He had some of my clothes at his house because my closet had become too full and I needed his space. Though, since my house my now a smoldering pile of rubble, I had tons of space, but no clothes. I thanked him for keeping them for me and I told him it was no problem he couldn’t keep me. His parents would have disowned him, since they lived a couple blocks away and could visit anytime and see me. I looked and Octavia leaning against a black car. From what I could tell it was a Mustang, but not just any Mustang, it was a first generation 1967 Ford Mustang, and it looked brand new! My jaw dropped as I got closer to the car.

“You like?” she smiled as she ran her hand over the roof of the car.

“Like is an understatement!” I exclaimed; “I’ve always loved cars, old and new, and this is one hell of a car!”

“Glad we have other similar tastes.” She said popping the trunk; “We should get going. Put your suitcase in the back and get in.” I did what she said and put suitcase in the trunk. We both got in and she started the car, I swear I started drooling when I heard that engine start. She clutched the stick, pulled back, and off we went.

As we drove, I looked around the interior. It was all either Vintage, or a really good restoration. The dash looked perfect, the seats looked brand new, the engine ran like new.

“Where did you get this beauty?” I asked checking the look of the radio.

“I found it at a junk yard, she was completely trashed.” We stopped at a red light; “I picked her up for about $150. Then I slowly saved up the cash and restored her back to her original beauty.”

“Wow.” I wished that sort of luck would happen to me.

“So since we’re talking, you don’t mind if I lay down some rules right?” she asked. The light changed and we continued straight.

“Sure, shoot. I’m grateful for this, I’ll follow any rules you give me.”

“Well, for starters, no destroying any of our things.”

“Simple enough, so I guess that means no Rock star freak outs?” I asked jokingly.

“Exactly.” She laughed; “Also, I have a book club meeting on Wednesdays, so you can either leave the house those days, or join us if you’re interested.”

“What’s the book right now?”

“Fifty shades of Gray.”

“I’ll find something to do.” We laughed as we hit another red light.

“Don’t worry, that book is almost done anyway. I personally love it, but I understand why you don’t. Oh also, if you are going to live with us, you’re going to help us with chores around the house, deal?”

“Sure, I’ll keep my room nice and tidy, clean the dishes, etc.”

“About your room,” a worried look came onto her face; “we may have some stuff in there that we have to still clear out. You may have to sleep on the couch tonight.”

“That’s fine, I’ve done couches before.”

A sigh of relief came from her as she smiled again. “Good to hear. With my luck, you were gonna be one of those people who need ‘Lumbar support an’ and can’t sleep on a couch.”

Octavia told me a few more rules as we drove to the apartment, basic stuff that I would already do. The drive continued on as we talked about the rules, classic cars, and various topics.


We arrived at the apartment building after hitting almost every red light in the city, although the conversations made sure that didn’t bother us. We parked, grabbed my suitcase and headed into the building. As we got to the elevator, Octavia grabbed her side and cursed.

“Oh Damn.”

“Something wrong?” I asked

“Forgot my phone in the car, could you head up without me? You know the room and Vinyl will let you in.”

“Sure, no problem.” I pressed the button and watched her run back to the car. I began to think about what my life would be like now. Living with two women I just met. At least I shared interests with them. My thoughts were cut short when I heard the elevator open. I entered and was greeted by a familiar face.

Hey there guy!” the elevator worker greeted me with a smile.

“Hey yourself, fifth floor.”

“So, what are you doing back here?” he asked as he pressed the button and the door closed. Soon the elevator began to rise.

“Well, I’m just bringing my stuff up to Vinyl and Octavia’s apartment.”

“What?” his tone dropped drastically.

“Yeah, my house got destroyed in a fire and the girls let me stay w-.” I was jerked back as he pressed the fire button again; a serious look came over him.

“That shit is gonna get old buddy!” I yelled

“So, you’re moving in with Octavia?” He asked showing no emotion.

“Yeah, Vinyl offered me a place to crash.”

“Ok, well listen to me friend. What I said to you that first night still stands, hurt Octavia and I hurt you.”

“Ok, got it. I won’t do anything to hurt her.”

“Good,” he released the button and we continued upward; “Then we won’t have a problem Mr.…”

“Michael,” I said catching my breath; “And you?”

“Ryan.”

“Good to meet you.” The door opened and I walked out. ‘Why does he care so much about Octavia?’ I thought; ‘Does he have a crush on her or something?’

“Remember what I said.” He called out as the doors closed. I kept that in my mind as I walked down the hall to the apartment, the correct way this time.


Author's Note: Sorry about the delay. I just caught up with things. I hit writers block, depression, lost will to write, and then got it back......what a summer! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.