• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 1,904 Views, 106 Comments

A Faithful Night of Music - ColeTrain4EVER



The story of a faithful night that led to the friendship of a man, a DJ, a very high class woman

  • ...
3
 106
 1,904

Prologue

I took a down a sip of my drink. I didn’t even remember what I was drinking. Not from drinking too much, though I hoped to get to that point by the end of the night. It was Wednesday night, and the bar was mostly empty except for a few people. There was the bartender, a middle-aged Man, who seemed like the guy who could be supportive when he needed to be, and aggressive when he needed to be, this emphasized with the shotgun above the bar. Then there was the two gentlemen the booth across the way. Both were huge sports fans by the look of it and, by the bartenders permission, had taken the remote to the bar TV and placed it on ESPN. Both looked to be having the time of their lives, lucky bastards. Then finally, there was the red haired women at the end of the bar. She was pretty cute, and she seemed to be drinking some wine. However, I couldn’t give a shit about that woman, I had two on my mind and the drink helped relax the painful thoughts.

I heard the bar door open, but didn’t care who it was.

“Hey man, an I get a Sco-”

His words dropped and I felt his eyes do the same on me.

I looked up in shock as I saw my best friend, Gabriel, whom I had known since middle school.

“Michael!? What the hell happened!? Last I heard you skipped town or maybe even offed yourself!

I said nothing.

“Dude, what's going on? Does it have something to do with that High class chick and her DJ friend? What were the names.......” He banged a hand to his head, “Octavia and....Vinyl Something?”

The bartender looked up in shock and asked; “You know Vinyl?”

The two of us looked up in equal shock, the red haired women seemed to be intrigued and moved a couple of stools down. The Sports fans kept with their Hockey or soccer or whatever.

“Well, I ‘knew’ them. We had a.....interesting relationship.”

Gabriel said nothing. He had only thought of us as friends.

Well, I haven’t seen her in a few days.” Replied the bartender, “She came in about a week ago with the same look as you. Worry and Sorrow.”

I finished my drink and turned to Gabe.

“Look, I don’t know what happened or where they are. I want to tell them something, that's all I know.”

“Can you tell me?” Asked Gabe.

“I’d need a lot to drink, and I don’t have enough to get me through it.”

The bartender slid me down a shot.

“On the house.” We looked at him shocked. “I’d like to know what happened to Vinyl. She’s had some tough times. I’ve helped her through some of them.

I saw the caring part of him come out at that moment. I felt I should tell the story, for him at least.

By now, the red haired woman was right next to Gabe, who had taken a seat to my right. She seemed to want to know just for the sake of knowing. Probably to tell her friends at book club or the hair salon or wherever women gossip at.

“Alright well,” I started; “It started about Nine Months ago.......”