• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 1,903 Views, 106 Comments

A Faithful Night of Music - ColeTrain4EVER



The story of a faithful night that led to the friendship of a man, a DJ, a very high class woman

  • ...
3
 106
 1,903

Chapter 2

A couple of my friends and I were going down to some club in the city. They were my friend Nick, a guy with an ego the size of his wallet, but he would be there for you when you needed him. Nicole, a Basic party girl, stay out til sunrise, get out of bed at sundown kind of girl. Finally, there was Monica, the bitch of the group. She would lure some poor sap, Male or female, into bed with her and *WHAM,* A year and a half of that guy's life gone in a relationship with her. Unfortunately, she was in her hunt faze and she dragged us along to use as.........what term did she use? Oh yeah, it was........

“Blood in the water.”

What the hell does that mean?” Snapped Nick.

“It means, you start chatting with someone, AKA the shark, and I come in as the ship to catch them.” Snickered Monica.

“Well that makes sense,” I remarked; “You as a ship, I mean. You are always full of Sem-” My words cut off has I felt a heel to my stomach. I fell to my knees outside the club on the sidewalk.

“What was that?” Monica barked.

“My ribs breaking.....” I got back up and tried to say something else, but Nicole stopped me.

“She’s not worth the air.” She remarked. “So, any real goals for tonight? Ya know, so you're not the only person along tonight.”

“Are you kidding?” Nick replied; “Mike here will be my wingman, right?”

“Fuck no!” I shouted as we entered the club; “Every time we do that, you say I’m your assistant from work and start calling me Lloyd. Well let me tell you something Mr. Ari Gold, you're on your own tonight.”

“What! Come on dude, please?”

We all walked out onto the dance floor, and as we separated, I shouted

“And screw you too Monica!”

“I plan to, but not by you!”

The dance floor was packed. The music was loud. And the drinks were....colorful. I stepped off the dance floor and sat in a empty booth. Just trying to get a feel for the place. I ordered a Manhattan and I survey the crowd, trying to see if there was a theme. People try to go with the flow naturally, I never took to the naturally part. I observe the patterns of behavior, see what guy has the girls around him one second, then who has them the next, and when there alone. However, tonight was different. A large group of people were circled around the bar, leaving Monica to wrangle up some poor soul who was still dancing on the floor in a much smaller group. Having nothing better to do, I walked up to the crowd to see what all the commotion was about. I found out they were all around one girl. She was a good looking girl, no doubt but such a crowd had to be for some reason. She was in a White tee shirt, black sweats I want to say, and was wearing a pair of those fingerless gloves. Her hair was Spiked and as blue as.......well. I would say the sea, but the club lights made it look even more blue than that. Her eyes were the next thing that caught me, striking ruby red eyes that seemed to go right through you.

“Ms. Scratch, I’m such a big fan!” yelled one the girls.

“Thank you, very much. Here, take this.” She handed the girl a signed Picture.
The girl took the photo and almost flew from her skin, just as she flew from my sight.

Scratch, where had I heard that name before? I looked around and finally realized it. She was the DJ for tonight. Made sense why Monica came here, Famous people = crowds. Crowds = pray. I had noticed DJ’s getting allot more fame recently. Like that Skrillex guy and David Guetta.

I snapped back to reality as I heard her say; “Alright kiddies,” She got up; “its show time.”

She walked over to the stage and placed a pair of purple goggles on her head. I almost felt sad as she did this before the next step of her performance started.

She started to play. The music began low, as if trying to start up a storm. The crowd began to cheer. I was about to slip back, but then the music picked up and I found myself moving my leg to the beat.

I was about to try and sit again, when the music shifted again, and I found myself on the floor dancing........Dancing! I should let you know I am the biggest example of white people not being able to dance. But it wasn’t me, It was the music. I never took my eyes off of her. She seemed to, move with the Rhythm. She was the music, like a mirror and its reflection. It was mesmerizing. I must have stayed out for a couple of hours, but it felt like nothing as I stared at her. When she was finished, she took of the goggles and Raised her hand in the air yelling;

“Thank you all SO MUCH for being here! I love you all!”

She got off the stage and disappeared.

I got back my senses and wobbled to my booth. I took a drink and laid my head back.

What the hell just happened? What was that? What was she?

All of these questions were roaming in my head as I drank and ordered another drink. The club had emptied out fairly quickly, but still had a decent crowd in it. I was still trying to get my wits about me, when I heard a voice come in my direction.

“Well well well, I bet you never expected that, did you?”

I looked up and across the table from me was her, Vinyl Scratch.

I almost did a Loony Toons spit take as I choked down my drink.

She giggled. “I saw you as you walked in. The quiet type. You didn’t seem to belong. But I know your type; card counters. Trying to play the casino for every single drop by studying. Sorry I screwed up your routine, but.....,” she started to chuckle; “seeing you dance was the funniest thing I have seen in a while!”

I was torn. Should I be angered by her insult, proud of her compliment,or Awestruck by her interest in me.

I tried to keep a level head

“I have to give credit where credit's due. And that is to you my blue haired friend. I have never danced just for the hell of it at clubs. I always dance where I know it will get certain responses. But when you began to play, It just became something else. Like music was my blood and it was......I don’t know.”

She shifted closer

“Well, music has that effect on people.”

“Did you learn it? Or was it always there?”

“Kinda both I guess. You learn the turntables. But unless you have that thing inside you, that flame of inspiration, that makes music special, it's only music.”

I listened to her talk about music for a long while. We ordered some drinks and chit chatted. I had a Screwdriver, or a couple, trying to stay some form of sober. She on the other hand, did not. She got glass after glass of whisky and sometimes Tequila, keeping a straight face for most of the conversation. By the time she was done, she was completely out of it. I was able to drive, if I had a car. My friends had driven in together and all of them had left. I guess The subway was my way home.

“Wow,” she said; “L-l-look at the time. I bwetter get gwoing.” It was just about 4 in the morning.

She tried to stand up.

I caught her as she fell forward. I helped her up.

“Are you OK to get home?” I asked.

“Eyep,” she replied; I got a sar out back. My Fr-end is giving me a wide.”

“OK,” I didn’t like it, but it was her choice and I really had no input on it; “but if something happens, give me a call.” I took out a blank business card and wrote my name and number on it.

“Thanks.....handsome.” She took the card and kissed me on the cheek. “Night.”

She went out the door to the back and disappeared. I went ahead and paid the check for both of us and went out the front door. I looked up at the night sky and enjoyed the sight. I turned and began down the block toward the subway station. I decided to go with the station that had some distances from the club, but not a trek. Gotta have some exercise right? It was by this luck I saw something.

There, passed out in the bus stop bench, was Vinyl.

It would have been funny, if there weren't three guys around her sleeping body. All laughing to themselves. I was not going to let this happen. I walked up and yelled:

“Hey! Back off, now!” They all laughed at that.

“And what are you gonna do?” One of them asked; “Take us all down with your fists?”

“No, not with my fists.” I said; “With this.”

I took out my switchblade, the blade I had gotten as a joke and had kept had a good luck charm.

The second they saw this, all three of them ran.

I ran over to Vinyl and tried to wake her up. But no luck.

So what to do. My house was too far away and the subway was no place for a drunk girl like her, even with the blade. Some people on the train are just crazy. I had no idea where she lived and her ID was gone. Maybe she was robbed or maybe she gave it to someone to hold. Or maybe she just never had it. So now what?

“Shit......”