• Published 13th Nov 2014
  • 4,404 Views, 112 Comments

Transformares (Not So) Animated - neorenamon



When an energy wave washes over Equestria and ponies start turning into robots, they panic until robots arrive to explain things along with a human.

  • ...
13
 112
 4,404

Dark Side of the Nightmare Moon

by neorenamon

I do not own any rights to My Little Pony or Transformers Animate, nor any character related to either of those series. Blah blah blah thank you.

...

A chariot raced across the sky weaving between the fluffy white clouds. The two royal pegasi bearing golden armor and helmet tried their best to ignore the conversation behind them, as it wasn't their job to overhear their words or comment on them.

"Spike: Tell me why were going to this..." asked Twilight as she looked at her list, "Ponyville again?"

"Princess Celestia feels you've spent too much time in your books and scrolls, so she is sending you out to report on the wider world. She wants you to experience new things, make friends and gain life experiences outside of a book."

"UHHH..." she groaned in protest, "I'm doing just fine. But Nightmare Moon is soon going to be freed from the Moon with the aid of the stars. I have to find out when it's going to happen so we can be prepared for it."

"That old mare's tale again?"

"It's more than that," she replied, "Tomorrow will be the one thousandth year since Nightmare Moon was imprisoned by Princess Celestia. I should be there planning our defense against her instead of..." Twilight glanced at her list again. "Helping those in Ponyville prepare for the Summer Sun Celebration."

"Hey," protested Spike, "The Summer Sun Celebration is very important all across Equestria! It's the first time that the Princess is coming to Ponyville! I'm sure that to these Ponvillers, it's a big bucking deal!"

She looked at the list again before she groaned, "Fine. At least I'll be staying over night at the Golden Oak Library, so the trip won't be a total loss."

Spike facepalmed. He went over to the edge of the chariot and looked ahead to the farmland below. A vast array of apple trees were spread out below them.

"I think we're close," he commented, "The Princess said something about crossing a huge apple orchard just before we arrive in Ponyville."

"That's nice," replied Twilight as she read further down her list, "Now what ponies am I supposed to see about preparing the Summer Sun Celebration..."

"Mayor Mare is the big shot in this town," replied Spike, "I'm pretty sure we should see... Whoa, what's that?!"

"The Mayor is the official elected by the..."

"No!" he said as he grabbed her head and made her look to her left, "What's THAT?!"

A fireball was falling from the sky as it left a trail of fire and smoke trailed behind it. It looked like it was going to crash in some place without ponies living there that still wasn't too far from Ponyville proper.

"That's a shooting star," she replied, "No one knows for sure why such things happen. Celestia controls the sun, moon and stars, but even she admits that every once in a while, a star falls from the sky and crashes into Equestria. My theory is that stars have lives like ponies, and when they are close to death, the lose their power of flight and their body simply falls to the surface. Some ponies have even theorized that the gems scattered around Equestria are somehow related to these falling stars and the stellar bodies they leave behind."

"Mmm..." moaned Spike softly, "Gems..." He loved to eat gems after all.

She looked around and noticed that every pegasus in sight was scrambling for cover. Most were making a dash for Cloudsdale, but many wouldn't make it that far. They had to try and make the local clouds into a shelter they could hide in.

"Guards!" she called, "Hurry! We have to be on the ground in Ponyville before the falling star strikes!"

"We obey!" they replied as they flew much harder and faster towards an open area near the center of the village.

Twilight ran calculations through her head as she figured how long they had before the falling star hit the ground, and about how many seconds after the impact before she expected them to be hit with the impact shockwave. Based on their accelerated speed, they still only had a few seconds between landing and being hit with the expected blast wave. She hoped that once they were below the roof line, the buildings of Ponyville would shield them from the brunt of the shockwave.

"The stars shall aid in her escape," she muttered as she watched the falling star come ever closer to impact.

"Whoa!" cried Spike as they rushed towards the ground, "Windy!"

"The landing might be a little rough!" warned one of the Guards over the sound of the rushing wind.

"Just do the best you can!" she called back.

They lost sight of the falling star because of the buildings, but when the Guards' hooves touched the ground, the sky lit up even brighter from the direction of the projected crash sight.

"Stop and crouch!" she called, "That means you too, Spike!"

They all crouched down. Seconds passed.

"Hey, what's the deal with..."

A sharp blast of wind passed over them. She looked up to see a few pegasus getting blown far overhead. Crude cloud shelters just weren't enough to stand up to the full force of the shockwave. She hoped the blast was blunted enough to keep them from being seriously injured. A number of glass windows facing in the direction of the blast were shattered by the shockwave.

But Twilight was feeling something more than just the shockwave. Something much more that was making her whole body tingle. Of course, she didn't have much experience with the impacts of falling stars. The main buildings in Canterlot offered a great deal of protection from such things even if one did happen within Twilight Sparkle's lifetime.

"I think the worst is over," she sighed in relief.

"WHAT?!" called back Spike. It seemed they were affected by the noise level of the shockwave as well.

"I SAID, 'I THINK THE WORST IS OVER'!!" she yelled in reply.

"'STINK THE FIRST CLOVER'?!" he retorted, "THAT SHOCKWAVE MUST HAVE RATTLED YOUR BRAIN!!"

"NOO!! I SAID, 'I THINK THE WORST IS OVER'!!" she screamed in his ear.

"OH!!"

"LET'S JUST WAIT HERE FOR OUR HEARING TO CLEAR UP!!"

"GOOD IDEA, TWILLIE!!"

The two of them dismounted the chariot as they waited for their hearing to come back. The chariot returned to the sky as the pegasus drawing it winged their way back towards Canterlot. While they waited, Mayor Mare trotted over.

"Are you two alright?!" she called.

"We're fine!" replied Twilight.

"I hope this won't reflect badly on the Summer Sun Celebration tomorrow!"

"Well falling stars have been known to be messengers of impending disaster," she replied as the Mayor stopped by them.

"I don't think there's been major damage," mused the Mayor as she looked about, "It should all be repaired by the time the Princess arrives. I am Mayor Mare, the mare in charge of Ponyville. Welcome to our humble settlement. I believe that you are the Princess' prized student, Twilight Sparkle?"

"I am," she replied, "An honor to meet you."

"Oh, I assure you most of the honor is mine," replied the Mayor as she adjusted her glasses.

"Well, I need to make sure the preparations for the Celebration are complete," she replied, "so I should probably get to checking the list." She held up her scroll containing the list of everything she needed to check up on for the Summer Sun Celebration.

"Very well," answered the Mayor, "but if you need to discuss any matters with me, you'll find me in my office."

"Thank you."

"Now I need to return to my own duties," she said as she turned and trotted away.

Twilight stumbled as she felt the powerful tingle rip through her body again.

"Are you okay?" asked Spike as he rushed to her side in case he had to catch her.

"Just a little dazed from the shockwave," she replied, "I should be over it soon."

"Maybe we should see the Ponyville Doctor..."

"I said I'll be fine!" she snapped, "There's no time in our busy schedule for side visits!"

"Okay okay!" replied Spike as he raised his claws in a defensive pose.

"I feel like I'm the only one who cares about the return of Nightmare Moon," she muttered under her breath.

"Come on," he replied, "The List waits for no mare."

She nodded as she followed him towards the Library.