• Published 13th Nov 2014
  • 4,404 Views, 112 Comments

Transformares (Not So) Animated - neorenamon



When an energy wave washes over Equestria and ponies start turning into robots, they panic until robots arrive to explain things along with a human.

  • ...
13
 112
 4,404

(3) Meeting the Ponyfolk

by neorenamon

Pinkie Pie was beside herself, which wasn't much of a stretch for her. Her Pinkie Sense was going crazy like it never had before, and she wasn't even sure what it meant until the falling star crashed just over the horizon from Ponyville. The burst of light, the blast wave and the feeling she felt were all unbelievable, and yet it happened. But when she spoke to the Cakes about it, they acted like they had felt nothing unusual. They brushed her off while waiting for the repair ponies to arrive with the new plate glass windows for the front of the store. The damage to the Sugarcube Corners seemed to be more important than what was going on with their own little Pinkie Pie.

She went out into town to see if she could track down the source of her strange new feelings. There was a new element, a new factor in town that she just had to discover for herself. Skipping and bouncing as she was want to do, she went from pony to pony as she declared, "Good morning, Derpy!", "Good morning, Snips and Snails!", "Good morning, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon!" and "Good morning, Mayor Mare!" She honestly believed that she knew EVERY pony in Ponyville, or at least 99.94 percent of them.

There wasn't much time to look about before she had to go back to the shop and help bake a bunch of cupcakes for a party later that day, so she was in a bit of a rush to see what she could find. The Cakes, Celestia love them, counted upon her as their only worker in their shop besides themselves, the owners. They weren't the kind of ponies she could let down.

But then she heard a strange new voice say, "Come on, Twilight. The Princess ordered you to make friends. I can't be that hard, can it?"

"But Spike," she moaned, "I have to investigate the return of Nightmare Moon. I have to get to..." She paused as if checking something before she continued, "the Golden Oak Library. We're going to spend the next couple of days there after all."

"Just walk up to a pony and say hello," pleaded the one she figured had to be Spike.

"Okay, fine," she grumbled.

She saw them about the same time that the two of them saw her. It was a small purple dragon and a violet unicorn mare. And she had never seen either of them anywhere about Ponyville before. But as much as she wanted to rush over and say 'hello', her body tingled all over in a way that made her stay still. Those two had to be the ones she was looking for, but she was out of time. She had to get back to the shop.

"Hello," said Twilight as she walked up, "I'm..."

Suddenly, Pinkie found that she could move again. She bolted upwards like a coiled spring that as just released as she gasp aloud. The two of them gawked at her as she zipped off back to the shop. As she retreated, she could here Twilight sigh, "Well that went well..."

She filed a note in her Pinkie files inside her head that she needed to throw a party for the newcomers, and she now knew where she was going to be able to locate the two of them later on.
...

Applejack quietly bucked trees so that the apples fell precisely into the baskets she had arranged around the base of the tree. She was bothered by the strange burst of light she had seen earlier, the shock wave that washed over Sweet Apple Acres, and all of the trees that were bothered by it. While Apple Bloom was going about the house searching for cracked windows facing Ponyville, Big Macintosh was roaming the fields gathering up all of the apples blown down from their trees. Some of the greener ones would rot before they ripen, but many of them could be preserved in the barn until they were ready to ship to market.

Of course, with all of their kin visiting, there was no shortage of assistance with the affairs of the apple orchard. And while they were only going to be there for a couple more days, it was real nice that they were so willing to help her, Big Macintosh, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith with cleaning up after the star fell from the sky. But nopony was really comfortable with the possible implications of the event, and Granny Smith swore up and down that when a star fell from the sky, something truly evil was not far behind it.

The funniest part was how her, her big brother, her little half-sister, and their Granny all felt a massive tingling through their bodies after the light wave filled the skies over their heads. While she expected such things from one as old as Granny, it was a truly new experience for the others. The oddest part was of all the Apples that were visiting, only one or two of them felt the tingle as well. The rest were completely oblivious to the feelings. Work tended to distract her from any of her strange and awkward feelings, or helped her get over when she wasn't feeling well.

Then she glance up and noticed a pair of strangers coming up the road towards the main house and buildings. It was a violet unicorn and a small purple dragon. Since she seemed to be the closest, she came over to greet them.

"Well, let's get this over with," sighed softly the unicorn as she lowered her head and walked towards her.

Applejack stepped up to hoofshaking range.

"Greetings," she said, "My name is Twilight Sparkle..."

But Applejack had already locked hooves with her and engaged her in an energetic hoof-shake. Perhaps a little too fast and a little too energetic, but that just the way Applejack liked to roll.

"Well howdy do, Miss Twilight," she said amiably, "Pleased to make yer acquaintance. Ah'm Applejack. Welcome ta Sweet Apple Acres. We love ta make new friends here."

"Ff-ff-friends? Aa-aa-aa-actually I..." she stammered.

"So what can I do fer ya?" she asked with an odd wink.

Twilight's leg continued to flap up and down even after Applejack released it. The small dragon had to grab it just to make it stop. She glanced at her companion even as he let out a small giggle. Somepony thought the whole exchange was funny, but it wasn't her. Then she cleared her throat before she continued.

"Actually, I'm here to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. I've heard that you're in charge of the primary food concessions, so I'm here to see how things are going with that."

"We sure as sugar are," she replied, "Y'all wanna try some?"

"Well as long as it won't take too long..."

But Applejack was already rushing off to ring the lunch triangle. This Twilight Sparkle sure seemed to arrive on the farm at just the right time. "SOUP'S ON, EVERYPONY!!" she hollered as the ringing of the triangle faded. As she expected, the herd of ponies she called kin all came rushing in towards the open area where Big Macintosh set up some tables first thing in the morning. She noticed that Twilight and the dragon seemed to be swept in with the rest.

Soon, the two of them were rather surrounded as they were ushered to the table.

"Now why don't I introduce y'all to tha Apple Clan?" she asked with a grin.

"Well as long as it won't take too long," she replied.

The ponies rushed up to the table and began unloading their specialty apple treats even as they were introduced. It didn't seem odd at all that all of those ponies just happened to have their apple specializations on them at the time. That seemed to be perfectly... normal.

She smiled as she introduced, "This here's Apple Fritter. Apple Bumpkin. Red Gala. Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp... [deep breath] Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom and Granny Smith."

Granny Smith was napping in her rocking chair that they had moved out into the field... for some reason.

"Up'n'attem, Granny Smith, we got guests."

The elderly pony snorted and sniffed as she was suddenly awakened by Applejacks call as she said, "Wha..? Soup's on? I'm up, here I come, ahm comin'..."

Applejack leaned in even as Twilight gawked at the massive food pile in front of her and the dragon and said, "Why, I'd say you're already part of the family!"

Twilight looked about nervously and giggled as she said, "Okay, well, I can see the food situation is handled, so we'll be on our way."

But Applejack looked at her as she said, "Aren't you gonna stay for brunch?"

"Sorry, but we have an awful lot to do..." she apologized.

Everypony sighed their disappointment.

"Fine," she groaned, "I'll stay around for brunch."

Everypony cheered! By the power of the collective guilt trip!
...

Meanwhile, Megatron and Blitzwing continued the shuttle repairs.

"Things are almost finished," said Blitzwing as he made excessive sparks spot welding a control panel.

"Excellent," he replied, "Just keep close to the surface of the subplanet in case an Autobot ships warps in after us. The sensor shadow it casts should keep us safe for the most part."

"The maneuvering thrusters are fully functional," he replied, "That's one of the few things we can do that's not a problem."

"I wonder what's keeping Lugnut?" he asked as he looked out the front windscreen.

"He probably has no idea what he's searching for," giggled Blitzwing as he face changed.

"You'd think I could have been saved by at least one technician or scientist," he grumbled as he rubbed his faceplate again.

"Beggerbots cannot be choosers," he smirked.

But then there was a knock on the double hatch leading into the shuttle. He hoped it was Lugnut returning from his task. After all, he had already got past the outer hatch without setting off an alarm.

"Answer that!"

So Blitzwing went off to open the hatch. As the door opened, Lugnut entered as he held some kind of deep blue crystal in his arms.

"By the AllSpark," groaned Megatron, "What is THAT?!"

"It's the organic, Master," he replied as he offered the crystal for Megatron's inspection.

Looking closer, he saw the rough silhouette of some creature deep inside. Some kind of four legged creature with a single horn.

"What kind of stasis generator is this?!"

"I don't know," he replied, "My scanners can tell nothing about it, but the crystal seems to be made of some very unusual energy that no Transformer has even encountered before."

"How curious," he replied, "Can the crystal be removed?"

"I think so," he replied.

"Blitzwing," he called back, "Make sure the shuttle atmosphere has enough oxygen in it for an organic."

"The atmosphere has been adjusted," said Blitzwing with another face change.

"Now let's see about... LUGNUT?!"

While looking at Blitzwing, Lugnut had set down the crystal and crudely smashed it with his fist. The crystal cracked over half of its surface.

"That's one way to do it," replied Blitzwing.

Megatron facepalmed even as the crystal fell away from the organic's body. But Lugnut was busy picking away the larger chunks even as he inwardly groaned about his fate being stuck with these two Decepticons.

"Lord Megatron!" he called, "My sensors indicate that the organic is reviving!"

He removed his hand to look at the creature laying on the deck. It was midnight blue in color, and there was one additional feature he hadn't seen before. The organic had feathered wings folded against the sides of its body.

"How interesting," he said as he looked it over. There was some kind of fanciful metallic armor on some parts of its body. Perhaps it was some kind of adornment, as it surely didn't look like functional armor. It covered much of its head, part of its chest, and the lower parts of its legs.

"Ugh..." it moaned softly, "Where am I?"

"You are aboard an... imperial ship of the mighty lord Megatron," said Lugnut, "Bow before his greatness!"

The creature just looked at Lugnut as he bowed and scraped before Megatron, but the other robot was just quietly facepalming.

"I am a Princess!" replied the strange equine, "I do not bow and scrape before anypony!"

"Bow before Lord Megatron or I shall..."

"GIVE IT A REST, LUGNUT!" he snapped, "This creature is a ruler, so we'll forgo the formalities for now."

"If this creature rules," said Blitzwing with a face change, "Why was it stuck on this moon in a stasis crystal?"

"My sister and I ruled together for quite some time," she replied, "but my sister was weak and foolish. She didn't value my contributions to the kingdom. So I decided that she had to go. But she overpowered me with relics called the Elements of Harmony and banished me to the moon for a very long time."

"So you are quite familiar with the planet below?"

"Of course."

"And you still seek to overthrow you sister and rule?"

"Of course."

"Then perhaps I can help you," he said with an evil grin.

"What do you seek to gain from this?"

"I simply seek to recover some things I've lost," he replied, "and then we'll be leaving your planet so you can rule as you see fit."

"Then I believe we can help each other," she replied, "The foals below call me... Nightmare Moon!"

"That sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship," he grinned.

"It just sounds like a weird name to me," muttered Blitzwing.

Ignoring the comment, Megatron said, "I am known as Lord Megatron, and these are two of my loyal soldiers: Lugnut and Blitzwing."

"It just sounds like weird names to me," muttered Nightmare Moon.