• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 1,158 Views, 25 Comments

Aria Ignite - Third Brony



My name is Lost Legacy and I have a huge crush on Aria Blaze.

  • ...
6
 25
 1,158

Fruitless part 1: All for Nothing

For the first part of the day I didn't see Aria. As we only had one class together I either had to wait for lunch or until PE in the afternoon to see her. In my English class before lunch, Sunset brushed past my desk.

"Did you call her?"

"I texted her," I said. "We hung out on Sunday."

Sunset grunted and walked off to join Rarity by the window.

At lunch, even after Sunset's daily failed attempt, I still kept my seat. I reasoned that it was better to wait until after she actually passed the test when she'd actually have something to be grateful for. Step two: acquire gratitude.

"Not going over today," Snails asked with the straw of his empty juice box sticking out of the corner of his mouth.

I waited a little before answering. Aria looked up from her salad, connected eyes with me for half a second and then went back to her intense concentration. I sighed.

"Not today," I answered.

Snails shrugged and turned to ask Snips if he'd watched the new Starswirl series the weekend before.

During PE, Rainbow challenged be to a rematch while the others got their make up test. I got so into the game that I forgot to look out for Aria. By the end of the class, I'd won (2-1) but I'd lost sight of Aria. I looked around the field but she was nowhere to be found. I wasn't sure what I expected. Certainly not a cliche movie bit of her running up and giving me a huge hug, but something. Maybe just a mumbled Thank you or something.

"You okay?"

I looked around to see Dash holding the soccer ball and looking at me quizzically.

"You've been pretty distracted these past few days," she observed.

"It's nothing," I replied and went to collect by backpack.

Rainbow wasn't about to be brushed off.

"This isn't about Aria, is it?" she asked.

No answer.

"Dude, give up," she tossed the ball to Coach. "People like that don't change. She's a bad egg!"

"Sunset changed," I flared up. It felt like I was using her as a reference too many times.

Rainbow, however, wasn't fazed. "She had friendship blasted into her! Aria's still a risk," Dash said.

"She's a risk I'm will to take on," I muttered and shouldered my book bag.

Dash rolled her eyes. "Whatever." and went to get her bag.


Even after school, I hadn't found Aria. I knew she left early but never before class ended. Lunch on Tuesday, I saw her sitting alone with her same angry-depressed look. Sunset failed again and I went over.

After a brief argument with Common Sense, I decided to forgo the greeting and just sit down. I took a bite of my mac and cheese and she looked at me as if I'd zipped down my pants and waggled my goods in front of her.

"Hi," I said with a friendly smile.

Aria gathered her food and got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked in surprise.

"Look, Lost Leg," she started. "You're a nice guy and-"

"Legacy."

"What?"

"My name is Lost Legacy," I corrected. "You never actually let me finish my introduction last week."

"Whatever," she scoffed. "You're a nice guy and I'm grateful for your help (I passed BTW) but I don't need your pity."

Rather than correct her about pity, I asked about what she'd said on Sunday instead.

"Forget about Sunday," she told me. "You helped me once and if I can help it, it won't happen again. Now, either you leave or I leave."

I failed to move.

She spun on her heels, tossed out her food and left the lunch room.

I looked over at Sunset. She was looking right at me and gave a disapproving head shake. I turned my attention to Snips and Snails who were having a terrible time containing their laughter. I looked back to the door where Aria had disappeared. Step two was essentially completed, she did say she was grateful, but step three... there was no step three.

I groaned and speared the yellow half circles in my bowl.