• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 1,158 Views, 25 Comments

Aria Ignite - Third Brony



My name is Lost Legacy and I have a huge crush on Aria Blaze.

  • ...
6
 25
 1,158

Opportunity Knocks

Our last class of the day was PE. I loved PE mainly because I was so boss at it. If it weren't for Rainbow Dash, tomboy extraordinaire, I'd be at the top of the class. Still, I didn't make it easy for her.

We were having our physical exams when I'd finally gotten my chance to spend time with Aria. Coach put us through a series of tests to determine if we were at an acceptable level of fitness. Dash and I, of course came out above average and had started a friendly game of one-on-one soccer. Kick for kick, step for step, Dash and I were equally matched; thirty minutes later, neither of us had scored a single point. Just as I'd gotten a decent opening with which to assert my dominance over my rainbow-haired rival, I was distracted by a damning yell directed at Aria. Dash stole the ball and launched it mercilessly at my goal.

"Dash! Lost! Get over here!" Coach screamed.

We looked at each other, silently asking what we could be in trouble for and went over. The coach stood tall, six foot five with bright orange skin and blonde hair. He wore an ever-present scowl that only either got less angry or more angry. Today, it was more angry as it glared down at the sweating purple mess that was Aria.

"This girl," he started, loud and booming though we knew quite well that this was the softest his voice could get. "Doesn't think she can try hard enough to pass my test. Even Fluttershy passed. Fluttershy!"

Dash's face morphed into one of pride.

"I'm going to redo the test next week for the failures!" he said failures with extra accusation and several students behind him groaned. "But I want one of you two to work with this one."

"Don't look at me," Dash said rudely. She glared at Aria so hard the other girl flinched.

Coach turned to me.

"I've got detention this evening," I answered.

Dumbass! Why would you say that?!?

Because it's true!

Coach was persistent, "Invite her over during the weekend, tonight, Monday morning, I don't care when. Just make sure she's able to pass the test by Monday afternoon."

I was silent. Was this really happening? A real reason for me to talk to and get to know Aria... and she couldn't say no?

Coach asked, "Well?"

Common Sense wanted to know too. Well?

"I'll do it," I answered.

Coach grunted and walked away leaving Aria to look at me disdainfully. I looked back trying to manage 'cute and flirty' but only came up with something that felt like 'mean and arrogant'. She snorted and walked away. And thus the mystery as to why I've been single all these years has been solved.

"Game is one-zero," Dash said from behind and kicked the ball to me.

I stared at Aria's back for a little while longer. Her purple aquamarine-streaked hair blew slightly with her movements and the light breeze that was kicking up. She seemed angry, that much was sure, but beyond that... I could see that she was scared. Without her sisters to back her up or her singing to control us paired with her apparent lack of physical strength, she was completely at our mercy. She was exposed to the harsh teasing she no doubt endured when the Rainbooms weren't around to scold the others. Behind that wall of, dare I say, bitchiness, was a scared little girl that wanted a friend. I smiled. I now had the perfect opportunity to become that friend. If I helped her pass her test, she might become more open to me sitting with her at lunch and then she'd see that I'm really a cool guy and then she'd fall for me and then we'd...

My mind trailed off. I was getting ahead of myself. Step one: set a date when I'd train her. That was the current goal.

For now, however, I had to even the score with Dash.