• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 1,158 Views, 25 Comments

Aria Ignite - Third Brony



My name is Lost Legacy and I have a huge crush on Aria Blaze.

  • ...
6
 25
 1,158

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

"LOST!" the angry yell greeted me as I stepped into the school building.

Coming towards me were three girls... if you could call them that. Adagio Dazzle, Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze all marched towards me looking as if they were either going to give me the most furious hug of all time or a beat down. As they got closer, however, I noticed that only Adagio seemed angry. Aria was smiling at me and Sonata looked confused as to where she was.

"Hi Lost Lost," Aria greeted.

I remembered my introduction from the nurse's office the previous Friday. Had I damaged her so badly that she thought my name was actually Lost Lost?

"It's only one 'Lost', actually," I corrected.

"I know," she said moving a few strands of hair behind her ear. "It was a joke."

"Oh." Now I just felt stupid.

Sonata looked at her sister and her face exploded into a grin.

"You're the boyfriend!" she blurted out in excitement.

"Be quiet, Sonata!" Adagio hissed in a voice that gave away that she was the one who'd yelled earlier.

"He's not my boyfriend," Aria was blushing. "I mean, I don't think he is." She looked at me in genuine confusion. "Are you?"

Though every bone in my body screamed YES! Common Sense made me answer, "No." It wouldn't have been the best idea to answer yes while Adagio was looking at me like she wanted to gouge my eyes out with her manicured nails.

If I wasn't mistaken, she looked a bit disappointed at my answer.

"Hey Aria!" That was Sunset's voice.

She skipped me and went straight to the waiting Aria. The latter looked at her with vague recollection.

"Sunset, right?" she asked to confirm.

Sunset nodded.

"We're... friends, right?"

A puzzled looked scratched Sunset's face and she shot me a look. She turned back to Aria and nodded. Then, like girls do, they dived into a deep conversation of compliments and gossip.

With her sister distracted, Adagio took me aside, followed by Sonata.

"Alright, spill. What did you do to my sister?" she demanded.

"Nothing," I insisted. "Well, nothing on purpose. I mean, I didn't mean to hit her."

"Is there a counter spell?"

"Excuse me?"

"A counter spell," Adagio was getting impatient. "For whatever magic you hit her with."

"Magic?"

"Duh," Sonata voiced. "You used magic on her to make her forget how badly you screwed up with her at Sugar Cube Corner."

Adagio turned on her sister. "I told you NOT to talk to him, you idiot. What if he cursed you too?"

"I didn't curse anyone," I defended myself.

"Yeah right," Sonata already forgot her sister's warning. "Her memories are pretty jacked up. It had to be magic. It's not like accidentally hitting her in the head with a soccer ball could do that?"

Adagio was about to yell at Sonata but took note of the sheepish look on my face.

"Oh my Celestia, that's exactly what happened, isn't it?" she deduced.

I nodded slowly.

For a moment, I thought I saw her eyes getting red but her expression quickly softened.

"Oh well, it can't be helped," she said and turned around.

"Wait," I stopped her from walking away. "You mean you're okay with her being like this?"

"Uh, yeah," Adagio replied. "I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something you could do to me."

"And to be honest," Sonata spoke again, much to the visible irritation of Adagio. "I was getting really tired of her calling me 'the worst'."

I couldn't believe it. I'd knocked Aria clear into amnesia and the only thing her sisters were worried about was if I could harm them. No wonder Aria felt so alone in the world. I looked at her and Sunset; the two were laughing and trying to talk at the same time. She looked happier than I'd ever seen her. Maybe... maybe what I'd done wasn't so bad.

Adagio and Sonata made for the back of the school where the Competition was being held. Aria told Sunset later and ran off to join them. As usual, Sunset was immediately on my case.

"Rainbow told me what happened," she stated.

"Did she also tell you it was an accident?" I queried.

"She didn't need to. I know you'd never intentionally hurt her."

I was ready to get angry and defend my position but I was caught off guard. Sunset didn't assume the worst in me. That was some good progress right there.

She noticed the look on my face and smiled. "Yes, Lost, you managed to convince me that you mean to do right by Aria," she said.

"Thanks Sunset, I..." I stopped short and narrowed my eyes at her. "You're just happy that Aria's talking to you now, aren't you?" I accused.

Then it was her turn to be caught off guard.

"No way," she denied, glaring at me for good measure. Her glare wasn't as poisonous as before, though, weakened by guilt.

"You actually like that I gave her her amnesia, don't you?" I continued.

Her gaze hardened but I could see it in her eyes.

"I'll see you when I'm cheering for Dash," she said and went toward the Competition as well.

I lingered behind a while longer. I smiled despite myself. Aria was happy. She was making friends, her sisters' selfishness didn't seem to be affecting her and, best of all, she seemed to like me. I guess hitting her in the head full force with a soccer ball was the best thing I could have done for her. Now just to make she she never found out about it.

I headed to the Competition as well.