• Published 9th Jul 2015
  • 1,158 Views, 25 Comments

Aria Ignite - Third Brony



My name is Lost Legacy and I have a huge crush on Aria Blaze.

  • ...
6
 25
 1,158

Fruitless part 2: Foiled Again

After my next race (which I completely owned!) I went off to walk with Snips, Snails and Sugar. Snails was separated from Sugar by a fuming Snips; it was an awkward walk to say the least. The day was almost over. After a couple more events, we'd have the boys and girls race, in which all the athletes from both schools would be put on the same track. It was the race we were all looking forward to.

"Snips," Sugar whined. "Can I go home now?"

"No," he said. "You're not leaving my sight!"

"Can I go home?" Snails tried.

"You either," Snips turned his glare to his best friend.

"What's the big deal?" I asked. "If they want to hook up, let them."

Snips turned on me. "You wouldn't understand. You don't have a sister."

I looked down. His statement seemed innocent enough. Just stating a fact, right. But he didn't know. In fact, no one else knew. Destiny was my older sister. She was nineteen when she'd died about ten years ago. None of my friends knew about her and I didn't care to talk about her.

"Yeah," I mumbled. "I don't."

"Lost!"

I looked up. There were an awful lot of girls yelling my name lately.

Sunset ran up to me. "Have you seen Aria?"

"No," I answered. "Is she missing?"

"Yeah, she went to the bathroom a while back but she didn't come back," Sunset explained.

"Did you check the bathroom?" I asked.

She shot me a dirty look.

"Alright," I sighed. "I guess I can-"

"Lost!"

I whipped around to see Rainbow running toward me. She stopped and looked around at all of us in turn.

"Have any of you seen Silver?" she asked. "The boys and girls race coming up and he's nowhere to be found. I'm getting worried."

I noticed that she didn't say something like "I don't want him to be late for his beat down". Rainbow Dash was genuinely worried about this guy, which made me dislike him even more for claiming her like an object. It also caused me to open my big mouth and...

"I'll look for him," I offered.

"What about Aria?" Sunset asked.

Oh, right. She was missing too. Damn.

"Sugar," I pointed at Snip's sister. "You come with me. Snips and Snails go look for Aria."

Snips gave me a suspicious look as his sister walked over to me. I shook my head to let him know that I wasn't planning on hitting on Sugar. I had to take her with me, else the other two would never cover any ground. We separated and I went in search of Silver Point.

"We should have asked where she last saw him," I said to Sugar when I realized that I had no idea where to look.

"Maybe he went to the bathroom," Sugar suggested.

"You think so?" I asked.

"It's worth a shot."

We split up, Sugar checking the Porta Potties and me checking the bathrooms in the school. I wandered around the hallways looking for that telltale white mullet. I rounded the corner to the bathrooms and saw it. Immediately the acrid taste of hatred pooled into my mouth. It subsided when I saw the purple hair mixed with the white. The purple hair, streaked with aquamarine, was attached to a fuschia head which was making out with Silver Point. In case I was being a little vague, the girl of my dreams was sucking face with my recent public enemy number one.

I retreated behind the wall and fumed. It was bad enough that he was making time with Rainbow, but he had to get involved with Aria now. Of all the girls in the school, Aria. What would Rainbow think?

You've got to tell her.

Oh, hey there Common Sense. I haven't heard from you in a whole five minutes.

Cut the wise cracks; Rainbow needs to know that her boyfriend is cheating on her.

It'll crush her.

Would you rather her continue being in love with this asshole than be depressed.

Actually...

Don't answer that.

I really was considering keeping Rainbow in the dark. On the one hand, I hated Silver Point, not only for making time with Aria, but for mistreating Dash. On the other hand, she really liked him and finding out about what a jerk he was would depress her. Before that little show of concern, I didn't think she'd miss him if she dumped him, but I could see that she really was into him. I didn't want to be the guy that took her happiness from her. Then again, after all the movies I'd watched, keeping it to myself could only end badly.

"Alright, I'll go out first," I heard Silver tell Aria.

Crap! If he found out that I'd caught him in the act, what would he do? I was a pretty fit guy, but Silver was one step behind Bulk Biceps. He couldn't snap me like a twig but maybe like a really sturdy pencil. I ran back a little way and then ran toward him as he was coming around the corner.

"What the-?!" he exclaimed as we collided.

"Oh there you are," I pretended to be relieved to find him. "Dash has been looking everywhere for you."

"Is that so?" he said eyeing me. "Then I guess I should go to her."

I grinned sheepishly, wanting him to hurry and leave so that I could confront Aria. Did she know that Silver was Rainbow's boyfriend? Was she intentionally making out with another girl's boy? Maybe that soccer ball to the head made her evil again but it was showing up subtly? Either way, I had to find out. That's when Silver's hand came down on my shoulder.

"What did you see?" he asked.

"See what?" I wasn't just playing dumb, my mind had actually frozen up from the fear.

He spun me around so that we were both facing the same direction and he put his arm around me.

"Good," he said, leading me out of the school with him.

I managed to sneak a look back only to see Aria staring forlornly at him. She didn't even notice me! I was so close! She'd forgotten that she hated me and, up until this morning, she'd actually liked me; so how did I manage to lose her again?