• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 692 Views, 17 Comments

Ambassador - THOSEideas



Finding your true self is as hard as it sounds. Finding your purpose is even harder to figure out, but once you do, you are the creater of your own path

  • ...
3
 17
 692

Chapter 4

Mockin and his two guards had set off on their journey a couple hours earlier but not without some fussing. Crash and Arrow who had wanted to get out of the castle for some adventure never expected to go on what they thought was a suicide run. However, when faced with the potential death from dragons and Celestia's wrath, most would pick the first option. So after eating a very light dinner they set off on their journey. Crash being a Pegasus flew over top of them and scouted the area as Mockin and Arrow walked on the ground. They had traveled for two hours when they all decided that they should get some sleep and travel during daytime so they could see where they were going. The Problem with Dragons this time of year is that they go to the colder climates so they can cool off and hibernate. Which meant that the trio had to go all the way up north past the Crystal Empire, but they couldn't stop at the Crystal Empire either because that was to the northwest and they were going northeast. They didn't have to make a fire since it was warm enough for them to just huddle against each other and be warm enough. That was not going to be the case the further north they went however. Mockin was the first to wake up in the morning and he had a moment of confusion as he was staring at another pony's flank while lying in the grass.

"Gaaah!"

"Wha...I'LL KILL EVERY LAST ONE!!"

Mockin's surprised exclamation had woken up Crash who immediately got into a fighting stance with his wings spread and his teeth bared. At least he wasn't a coward.

"Crash? Why are you so high strung?"

"Sorry that was my fault, for a second I forgot where I was and I panicked a little."

Crash now calming down but still casting anxious glances around them, went over to the saddle bags and looked for some dry apple slices to eat while they continued on thier journey. They traveled on in relative silence until Mockin couldn't handle the deafening silence.

"Soo, Arrow, what compelled you to join the Canterlot guard?"

"Well I wanted to follow in my Grandfather's hoof steps, I would have followed in my father's but he died when I was eight."

"Oh! I'm so sorry I di..."

"Don't worry about it my mother was a kind and caring pony and she treated my siblings and me well. Do you have any siblings?"

"No.. I was an only child. Don't get me wrong my parents love foals, It's just that something went wrong when I was born and my mom couldn't have any more foals. But I was always looked after by them."

"I see. Not sure where to take this conversation now, so tell me about where you grew up."

"Well I was born in Canterlot and We moved to Ponyville where I spent my foalhood learning how to act as an earth pony. Canterlot isn't a good place to teach earth ponies for some reason. But as I started getting older and more responsible we moved back to Canterlot so I could hopefully find my special talent, which didn't go as well as we all hoped. How did you get your cutie mark by the way?"

Arrow's cutie mark was a leaf blowing in the wind.

"I was really bored in my house with no one to pick on because my one brother was gone. So I decided to go and sneak up on my father who was always scaring the snot out of me whenever he got the chance. I had a chance at revenge so I took it, It was fall so there were dried leaves outside and he was trimming the hedge. Every time he closed the shears I took a step so that the *snip* would hide the *crackle*. I couldn't believe that I pulled it off as I Roared as load as I could in his ear, You should have seen how far he flew, my dad wasn't a very strong flier either. As I was laughing I felt a tingle on my flank and saw my cutie mark, I laughed even harder at the thought of how I got it from scaring my dad. It's a nice memory to have of him."

He ended the story with a chuckle as he looked up at Crash flying in the sky.

"So how did you and Crash meet up?"

"We have been friends since foalhood, always stuck together."

"Well i'm glad I can consider somepony my friend now, I didn't have any as a foal."

The two earth ponies walked on through the day, occasionally stopping for some food and a break. Crash, Mockin realized, didn't speak much which fit well with his cutie mark, his cutie mark is a rock. Yes, a rock. Mockin figured he was the strong silent type right away. However, Crash came down early one time because after flying all day, his wings were cramped. So Mockin figured that this was the best chance to talk to him.

"So...Crash, how did you get you your cutie mark?"

"I got it by standing up for all the younger fillies and foals at my school, which was how I met Arrow. I was one of the first students to get a cutie mark and then whenever a bully saw me approaching they would stop immediately."

"Wow, I wish I went to your school then. I never had anypony stand up for me, I had to learn to fight for myself."

"I am standing up for you now, that is the least I can do."

"Thank you"

The trio decided to stop for the night at a small clearing and build a fire. They needed to keep warmer now that they were getting into the north lands. Also, they were now in the danger zone for wandering ponies, only the brave or stupid live out here.

"We probably won't need a big fire, and there aren't any life threatening creatures this close to the outer edge of the forest. So we will be safe."

"If you say so"

~~~

Mockin woke up to find that the sun was up, but not very high in the sky. As he looked around he noticed that Crash and Arrow were gone, he panicked a little because he was worried about his friends. However he calmed down when he saw Crash walk out of the bushes nearby and a couple seconds later Arrow came out of the woods on the other side.

"Where were you guys"

"Taking a leak, I had to have a little privacy from you two. We may be friends but we are not that close."

"I was scouting the area."

"Oh cool, which reminds me that I need to go too."

As Mockin got up he saw the other two ponies go to the saddle bags looking for food. Once again they set off with Crash above the two earth ponies and Arrow slightly in front of Mockin. Suddenly Crash dove downwards and shouted at them.

"Wolves are up ahead and they are coming right for us! Quick get back to back."

"Ok what do we do when they attack us?"

"You buck um in the jaw and you headbutt them senseless."

"Here they come!"

Six wolves surrounded the trio and barred their teeth while growling at them. Slowly the wolves crept inwards and started yelping at the ponies.

"Don't attack unless provoked. Got it?"

"Yeah"

Just then a wolf leaped forward at Crash who met him half way with his hoof to the wolf's jaw. The wolf reeled and yelped loudly which provoked all the other wolves to attack. Two came at Arrow together, Arrow turned, bucked and caught one right in the nose. However, the second one bit down on Arrow's left hind leg making him cry out in pain. Mockin would have helped but he had two wolves of his own to deal with. One wolf came at him from the side and caught in the ribs, winding him and making him loose his hoofing. The second wolf took the opportunity to go for Mockin's throat. Mockin who had noticed this took Crash's words literally and headbutted the wolf, sending it whimpering and yowling through the woods. Crash who had already taken care of his remaining wolf turned towards the wolf that was biting Arrows leg and bucked it in the jaw, breaking it. The wolf that was now crippled couldn't make a yowling sound but ran out of the clearing into the woods. The remaining wolf noticed that it was the only one left and turned tail and ran.

"Everyone ok?"

"I'm winded but will be fine, Arrow may not be though."

"No i'm fine I just need to stop the bleeding and keep off of it for a little bit."

They sat there regaining their breath and Crash treated Arrows wound, making sure it wouldn't get infected from wolf saliva. Eventually Arrow got up and announced that he was ready to head out again, at a slower pace.

Author's Note:

Character development!! Yeah!

If you point out any typos it would help out alot
And be appreciated