• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 692 Views, 17 Comments

Ambassador - THOSEideas



Finding your true self is as hard as it sounds. Finding your purpose is even harder to figure out, but once you do, you are the creater of your own path

  • ...
3
 17
 692

Chapter 16

It was now midnight in Canterlot and almost everyone was sleeping. The moon was out and the stars were shinning their soft peaceful light, but two ponies didn't have a care in the world as they sat together and comforted each other. They were holding each other as closely as they could, they were trying to suffocate their worries between the gap in their bodies. Throughout the night ponies passed the two ponies and silently observed, one was a giant Lunar Pegasus and the other was a small Unicorn fillie, two opposites that made a whole. The news had traveled fast about the two grievers, the press had swarmed the two and tried to get the story straight out of the horses mouth, they just held to each other tighter and shared their moment even closer. The press had pestered the two ponies until the Princess of the night herself, put a stop to the questions.

She had proclaimed that the two would not be disturbed until they felt ready to be questioned. The Lunar Pegasus looked up at the Princess and gave a silent nod of thanks to her, and in doing so made the press snap a few thousand pictures in seconds. If you looked at the two from the back then you wouldn't have noticed that there were even two ponies, the Lunar Pegasus had folded it's wings around the fillie and comforted her with a slow up-and-down motion of it's wings. The unicorn had fallen asleep and had poured out enough tears to soak the Lunar Pegasus and still create a puddle around the two. The fillie had cried until she couldn't squeeze out anymore tears and had buried her head in the crook of the Lunar Pegasi's neck. Throughout the entire time the Lunar Pegasus had shed very few tears but had remained watchful of his surroundings, a silent guardian.

Fangs looked around him and Juniper, and seeing nopony he decided that their time of grief should end. Watching Fangs gently stroked the unicorn with his hoof over her ear to wake her up. Juniper slowly opened her blood-shot eyes and squinted through the darkness around them.

"Are you ok?" Juniper silently nodded her head and opened her eyes.

"I'm sorry Fangs...I shouldn't have put you in this pos-"

"Do not be sorry for grieving, grieving is good for the mind. It lets out your emotions and helps relieve the stress on your body, much like anger."

Juniper smiled a watery smile up at Fangs and struggled to stand up. The problem was that her legs had fallen asleep from sitting on them for hours on end. Fangs knew she would have some trouble because he was himself. Thankfully his wings still functioned properly, enabling him to lift Juniper onto his back and fly into the sky.

"Juniper? Do you know where Inquiring Inquisition is? We need to pick her up before we go."

"She's probably in our room...If she's still alive."

Fangs flew back down to the gates and waited for the guards to open them for him. Once the gates were open he flew down the halls of the castle at a slow, gentle pace. As Fangs flew down the halls he asked any of the guards he passed where the couriers were.

"Do you know where the Royal Couriers are?"

"Certainly, when you go out the front gates of the castle take a left down to the big building with two guards standing in front. You won't miss it."

Thanking the guard, Fangs traveled on down the hall until he neared Juniper's room.He gently landed in front of the door and was glad to find that his legs were in working order once again. Fangs knocked on the door to the room and looked back at Juniper who had fallen asleep again. Fangs turned back towards the door when he heard a click.

"Who is it?"

"I am a friend of Junipers, Watching Fangs."

"Prove it..."

"I have Juniper on my back."

The door opened slightly revealing Inq's eye peering out at him. Once the eye had traveled from his face to his back the door opened fully to reveal Inq in her full form.

"What do you want?"

"I need you to come with me, on request of Princess Celestia."

Inq looked suspiciously at him for a couple of seconds before walking into the room and starting on her packing, as well as Juniper's. After about five minutes she had finished and put both saddle bags on her back. As she started closing the door she remembered something and ran back in the room.

"What was that about?"

"I forgot to turn off the bathroom light."

Fangs looked at her suspiciously, he had remembered it being off, whatever. Watching Fangs led Inq through the halls of the castle and out the front gates, into Canterlot. Once outside, Fangs took a left and followed the road into the city. After walking for about five minutes Fangs started getting worried that he might have missed the building, but as he rounded a bend in the road he saw a large building with two towers on either side of it and two guards posted outside the door. One tower had a style that mostly represented the night sky and the other was of the day.

As he approached the two guards became aware of his presence and tensed up.

"Is this the Royal Couriers building?"

"This is the couriers building but the Royals are here, yes."

"Thank you."

"Stop. What business do you have here?"

"Nothing that you are permitted to know."

"Faaaph! It is my business unless you prove otherwise!"

"Alright..." Fangs reached underneath his left wing and removed a letter that he secured there with a bit of string "...here"

The guard snatched the letter from his grasp and started to read it with a scowl plastered on his face. As his eyes traveled down the page his face slowly went from one of disgust to horror, after he had finished he handed the letter back with a shaking hoof, in which he snapped to his forehead and saluted.

"Sorry for the t-trouble sir. I will personally escort you through the building and make sure you get there in good time.

"Thank you."

The guard snapped his hoof down to his side and opened the door so that Watching Fangs and Inq could enter. The guard then proceeded to lead them down the main hall until they reached a hall that branched out to the left, which they followed. On either side of the hall were doors that were evenly spaced, each with a letter, pony or saddle picture inscribed in them. At the end of the hall were much larger spaced doors and there were two of each kind, one on each side, the major difference was that each door had a crown inscribed above the other pictures. The guard led them to a door that had a saddle on it, knocked, then proceeded to wait. The door opened to reveal a dragon of enormous size it must have been at least twenty feet long, and stuffed in that small space.

"yes?"

"I want you to take these ponies to their destination with utmost hast and caution."

"Alright, how many? two? no, three, ok where are you headed?

"We are headed to my lodge in the middle of the forest, halfway from here to Dragon Pass."

"Easy enough, give me a minute."

The dragon walked back into the room and Fangs saw that the rooms were magically altered to be bigger on the inside then the outside. The guard remained at the door, awkwardly standing at attention. Fangs looked at the guard with confusion before realizing that he was waiting to be dismissed.

"You are releaved, guard."

"Thank you sir, send my regards to your mother."

"I won't."

The guard trotted off, back to his post without a second thought to what Fangs had just said. Inq had though, mother? Why all all this respect for this pony all of a sudden? Who was he?

Author's Note:

I'm back, I will upload chapters as soon as I can but expect at least three more chapters before Christmas (If you celebrate it). Again sorry about the wait and yes, the story will turn into an adventure again after a couple of chapters so relax. The following chapters will be shorter than my previous ones but they will pick up again, I promise.

I hope I still have some viewers...